MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

if the live shows are only once a week, do the judges have any work to do in between? (sorry i haven't watched more than a few minutes of casting shows for the last 10 years or so :teehee:) i mean, whether on the voice or xfactor, if mika has only one day of judging work per week, i don't see a problem with writing an album the rest of the time. :dunno: even if it's half the week work, half the week off, he might be able to manage it. the positive thing is, he's not travelling - the constant jumping from one place to another takes so much energy that i can very well understand that he can't write songs while being on tour. but this is like getting home after a "normal" day of work, when he has an apartment in milano/paris. no touring stress. i guess it's an experiment for mika as well, to see whether it'll work, but since this is casting show #2 now, he seems to be convinced. :dunno: i'm still optimistic about the album for late 2014/early 2015. but yeah, i'm always optimistic. :teehee:

@mellody From what I get, the judge on The Voice is more of a coach than a judge so he is supposed to be working with his team throughout the week.

But the female singer Jenifer who's a judge has released 2 albums since she's been on the show (not particularly qualitative but just my opinion) and I think she's touring too, so everything is possible :thumb_yello:

They have to work with the contestants in between, preparing the performances, improving their singing and performing. But I don't know how much time this needs and what else must be done in the background. Probably some promo work as well. I suppose it's less to do than on tour, but it's not like he has a big bunch of free time either. But of course that's just my guessing.

As regarding a new album, when he hasn't had other distractions, it's taken him a good 12-18 months to get one done from start to finish. So with these distractions, plus the fact that he has been talking about doing a residency for a week in a French theatre (which I do look forward too, if it means he's gigging at all next year), I can't see a new album coming out next year at all.

@mellody From what I get, the judge on The Voice is more of a coach than a judge so he is supposed to be working with his team throughout the week.

But the female singer Jenifer who's a judge has released 2 albums since she's been on the show (not particularly qualitative but just my opinion) and I think she's touring too, so everything is possible :thumb_yello:

but does she write her own songs?

For the X- factor he said he would work for X- factor three days per week and be at a studio for the album three days per week and only one day off. So I really think he can make it. And you are right he maybe will have a constant life for more than eight months which will be new for him but also helpful. I know some people don´t believe him but he also said he already has some songs for the new album and I tend to trust him!

Me too! I know that everyone is having their own opinion about this issue,and I respect that,but from my perspective this is not such a big drama :dunno: .He could have gone and hide for months to write new music,or he can live in real life surrounded by real people,getting some money,finding some new inspiration maybe,and working on his album as well.Writing songs it's not like an ordinary job,doesn't require 8 hours per day,5 days per week,it's all about creativity and inspiration.

And if this is what he chose to do,I'm sure he has his personal motivation,and it's quite difficult to judge a situation,if you don't own all the details,imo.He might write faster this time,or not,I guess he just wants to try something different at this point of his life.If it's a good thing,or a bad thing,no one knows,we'll see.

I know that everybody wants him on stage,me too,but here it's not about him doing gigs against him being a judge on that show,touring the next months wasn't an option anyway.

The day that Mika writes and produces some good quality songs while he is not in complete hiding and while he is working on anything else at all except writing and producing songs is the day that I will believe he can or will do it. Since this hasn't happened in all his 30 years you'll have to forgive my skepticism. And a bunch of French songs written by someone else to catch the wave of The Voice does not fall into the category of "good quality songs" IMO.

if the live shows are only once a week, do the judges have any work to do in between? (sorry i haven't watched more than a few minutes of casting shows for the last 10 years or so :teehee:) i mean, whether on the voice or xfactor, if mika has only one day of judging work per week, i don't see a problem with writing an album the rest of the time. :dunno: even if it's half the week work, half the week off, he might be able to manage it. the positive thing is, he's not travelling - the constant jumping from one place to another takes so much energy that i can very well understand that he can't write songs while being on tour. but this is like getting home after a "normal" day of work, when he has an apartment in milano/paris. no touring stress. i guess it's an experiment for mika as well, to see whether it'll work, but since this is casting show #2 now, he seems to be convinced. :dunno: i'm still optimistic about the album for late 2014/early 2015. but yeah, i'm always optimistic. :teehee:

That's exactly how I feel:thumb_yello:

Do you mean that we can't trust a word of what he said in Avenches concerning the ROH seat? :aah:

:teehee:

I trust people's actions not their words. Especially if they are conflict with one other.

In 2011 Mika told fans to trust him. That he needed to be in hiding to create his album. Now he is saying he can just book some studio time in between these huge commitments and public appearances and produce the same quality work. I don't find it easy to trust someone's word when they are telling you two exact opposite things and asking you to base your trust on nothing but faith. I'll believe it when I see it.

I trust people's actions not their words. Especially if they are conflict with one other.

In 2011 Mika told fans to trust him. That he needed to be in hiding to create his album. Now he is saying he can just book some studio time in between these huge commitments and public appearances and produce the same quality work. I don't find it easy to trust someone's word when they are telling you two exact opposite things and asking you to base your trust on nothing but faith. I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree that it may be difficult to create quality work between so many public appearances, but I think that we will be able to judge about this quality only when we will hear the result.

For now I choose to trust him (I have easily faith in someone :wink2:), it seems he truly believes that he can do both. And who better than him can know that?

About him telling 2 opposite things, it's not chocking me at all (even if I was not in Mika world in 2011 :teehee: so that's maybe why I don't feel hurt by it): sometimes people are really believing their own words at the time they say it, then life changes and they change themselves. So they will say opposite words one or 2 years after, but still truly believe in it.

They don't intend to lie to someone, they just changed their mind in between!

What I mean is that maybe in 2011 he needed to disappear to get inspired, but now he may need to be in the real life to write, who knows? I think he said something like that in an interview once.

I was thinking exactly the same. He has had a bit different working methods for every album and this is something new for him too. At least this time he is not flying from one continent and timezone to another all the time which should make things easier. He works really hard and deserves a lot of support so I want to think in a positive way. I haven't even thought any timing for the new album though, I just keep my fingers crossed for some shows, maybe the theater project or at least some separate shows or festivals.

I want believe that if we have faith in someone they will make a better result :thumb_yello:

About him telling 2 opposite things, it's not chocking me at all (even if I was not in Mika world in 2011 :teehee: so that's maybe why I don't feel hurt by it): sometimes people are really believing their own words at the time they say it, then life changes and they change themselves. So they will say opposite words one or 2 years after, but still truly believe in it.

They don't intend to lie to someone, they just changed their mind in between!

What I mean is that maybe in 2011 he needed to disappear to get inspired, but now he may need to be in the real life to write, who knows? I think he said something like that in an interview once.

:thumb_yello: My thoughts exactly

OK, I'm a little confused as to how this is all going to work.

Doesn't the Italian X Factor run until December? Won't there be live shows for the finale, etc.? I'm not familiar with how X Factor works because I never watch it here. :dunno:

I just read that the Voice starts filming in November.

http://www.lesoir.be/308383/article/culture/medias-tele/2013-08-30/mika-rejoint-jury-the-voice-3-en-france

Last sentence: "The filming of The Voice France will begin in November for broadcast early next year."

If Mika's committed to X Factor in Italy until December, can he actually be involved with this France thing in November? :blink:

I am not hurt by it. I just feel like I have no reason to believe it's true. In 2007 Mika said he had half of the second album finished. In early 2008 he said he was working on it. Later in 2008 we finally discovered that he just started working on demos and the final album was still a full year away. The same thing happened in 2010/2011. When the press asks him if he's working on an album he says that he is whether it's true or not.

If he wants people to have faith in him he shouldn't mislead them. I suspect he doesn't care and neither do I at this point. I will not be waiting around for an album in 2014 and if he wants to prove me wrong by releasing one I will be delighted. :wink2:

Doesn't the Italian X Factor run until December? Won't there be live shows for the finale, etc.? I'm not familiar with how X Factor works because I never watch it here. :dunno:

http://www.lesoir.be/308383/article/culture/medias-tele/2013-08-30/mika-rejoint-jury-the-voice-3-en-france

Last sentence: "The filming of The Voice France will begin in November for broadcast early next year."

If Mika's committed to X Factor in Italy until December, can he actually be involved with this France thing in November? :blink:

I had been wondering this myself. It's going to require a fair bit of travelling between the two, and didn't someone a few posts back mention that it might mean a conflict, as the two franchises are rivals?

It sounds he has some commitments in France already in Nov/Dec. Maybe not live television shows but probably some filming and at least promotion. I'm afraid he will will be super busy that time, but I guess it's mainly Italy in autumn 2013 and France spring 2014.

I had been wondering this myself. It's going to require a fair bit of travelling between the two, and didn't someone a few posts back mention that it might mean a conflict, as the two franchises are rivals?

They must be sure there's no conflict? I mean everyone in production must be aware he is doing both?

i'm not sure how "The Voice" works in other countries, but i have a friend who participated in "La Voix" in Quebec. He came for an audition, before the judges were involved, so they are pre-selected as having talents to start with.

He auditioned last summer (aug. 2012 if i remember correctly), then he came back for the blind auditions Jan. 2013 and was chosen. He came back over 2 months later (he lives/works in Florida), for the live television shows, when the chosen ones start competing. He then had to stick around for coaching/mentor rehearsals & tv shows.

I am not hurt by it. I just feel like I have no reason to believe it's true. In 2007 Mika said he had half of the second album finished. In early 2008 he said he was working on it. Later in 2008 we finally discovered that he just started working on demos and the final album was still a full year away. The same thing happened in 2010/2011. When the press asks him if he's working on an album he says that he is whether it's true or not.

If he wants people to have faith in him he shouldn't mislead them. I suspect he doesn't care and neither do I at this point. I will not be waiting around for an album in 2014 and if he wants to prove me wrong by releasing one I will be delighted. :wink2:

Thank you for the time details about his last albums, I was going to ask about it :thumb_yello: so now i understand why you say he must not have really started the fourth one, even if he said so to journalists :naughty:

I hope he will read that and want to prove you wrong, so we would all be delighted then :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you for the time details about his last albums, I was going to ask about it :thumb_yello: so now i understand why you say he must not have really started the fourth one, even if he said so to journalists :naughty:

I am not saying he MUST not have started the album, just that there's no reason for me to believe he has. When he starts bragging about his songs and his collaborators start reporting that they are working with him (on HIS album and not something else) then I will believe it.

I hope he will read that and want to prove you wrong, so we would all be delighted then :mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello:

They must be sure there's no conflict? I mean everyone in production must be aware he is doing both?

Since it's in different countries I would guess there would be no conflict, but wow, why is he doing all of these judge works all at once??

I don't think he is misleading anyone. I mean he says a lot of things in interviews simply because he needs to say something (and none of us takes it seriously). I haven't got a feeling he is really focusing on new music atm. For me it has looked he wants to say good bye to his fans because there are no shows for a while and that he is really busy in the near future doing a lot of different things. But I try to have a positive attitude, both for my own sake and also because I know he works really hard anyway (whatever he is focusing). If he lives in one place (Milan/Paris) it could be possible for him to use a part of his time making new music (totally support the idea). I would be happy with one or two new songs while waiting for the album...

I don't think he is misleading anyone. I mean he says a lot of things in interviews simply because he needs to say something (and none of us takes it seriously).

If no one takes it seriously then why are we having this discussion about how we should have faith that he will release an album in 2014? :naughty: