MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Thank you very much for the report!!! :thumb_yello:

Ahahah..Mika is so funny when he makes mistakes in languages :naughty: but he's so cute too!

Poor Mika..anyway! Italy...and France..and Italy..and France again and again....he must be very tired...but he's always courteous and tender with fans!!! :mikalove:

What do you think of sharing? :mf_rosetinted: 6 months in Brazil, 6 months in France :teehee:

:mf_rosetinted: Well I think we'll have to split him in half :teehee::naughty:

Wes, you are sooooo lovely, all want you honey!! :naughty::wub2:

Poor Wes :teehee:

As long the same goes to Mika, I agree :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

Well said :fisch:

@Melyssa: your reports are the best!!! Thank you!!!

:huglove:

:fangurl: Awnn Wes :wub2: so happy here :dance_man:

Alireine no no sweetie Wes has to return home :fisch::naughty::huglove:

:mikalove:

:huglove:

As long the same goes to Mika, I agree :mf_rosetinted:

What do you think of sharing? :mf_rosetinted: 6 months in Brazil, 6 months in France :teehee:

:mf_rosetinted: Well I think we'll have to split him in half :teehee::naughty:

Wes, you are sooooo lovely, all want you honey!! :naughty::wub2:

Poor Wes :teehee:

Well said :fisch:

Must say I agree with Bia... I don't mind to live 6 months on France/Brazil... if Mika's there...

You guys are... I'm just on the same great mood of you...

:group hug::huglove:

It was cool to attend three auditions and to meet all the fans :thumb_yello: I made a small video after the last audition on 18 November :blush-anim-cl: It was dark but flashes helped to add some light :aah:

lxa0lSGI7pQ

Thank you Zhenya, it was nice to see you again :huglove:

It was cool to attend three auditions and to meet all the fans :thumb_yello: I made a small video after the last audition on 18 November :blush-anim-cl: It was dark but flashes helped to add some light :aah:

lxa0lSGI7pQ

A big thank you here too :wub2:

And here we go again (don't worry, it's my last one xD)

It's a luck I took notes. Or all I would be able to say about the last two sessions now would look like “There were people singing and Mika was there and sometimes he was talking and sometimes he wasn't. It was nice. He rode a seat. We ate candies “ ('We ate candies' is a safe beet, you can say that about every night without taking any risk of being wrong).

But even with notes it is getting complicated. Some of the stuff I wrote don't make any sense any more to me (if anybody has the slightest idea of what my “purse stealing” note is refering to...)

Also, I didn't have that much notes about the last night because I am ashamed to confess that I fell asleep during recording (there is not that many 4hrs of sleep every night that my body can handle in a row :doh:). But now I'd say it's a luck that there wasn't much as my dog just ate them (I bet teachers never believed you when you told them that, but I can now testify that it happens for real sometimes).

So anyway, all that to say that I am gonna reunite both nights in there because I don't really have enough to make one report for each.

17 & 18/11/2014 - Recording sessions 5 & 6

First, guess what happened both times? They re-sang the opening song. Twice, each night. So they have recorded it 10 times in all. Understand that I am not complaining at all, having them singing is definitely the best part in any case, but... how did they manage not to get enough material for ONE good edit yet? That's a mystery. On the last time they were talking like dissipated children, I think it was hard to make them focus long enough to sing. Very useful stuff incoming: Mika sneezed at the beginning of the song (and no, I didn't note that, that's the kind of stuff my brain remember by itself, istn't it sad :doh:).

Also on second night when they came to sit, drama happened and Mika knocked his glass. Ended up with seat completely wet, half panicking because he couldn't find any tissue to wipe it out in the complete indifference of the whole production team who didn't care at all :aah:. Someone finally gave him some paper tissues and off he went on his hands and knees to wipe it as everybody was waiting for him to finish. There were 500 people looking at him in silence and waiting for him to finish, poor thing :aah: (yes, I like this smiley)

As guests we had Frero Delavega and some random winner of, I think, the first edition (yeah that's how successful they are after it ends, Kendji being the notable exception), and also Garou who was happily having fun with the coaches whilst singing (dancing with Zazie, kissing Mika's hand... (don't ask, I don't know either)). He sang Let it Snow, and then said to Mika “I know you've sung it in front of a Japanese crowd in japan and they were singing with you.” “How do you know that?!” “... because your mum told me!”.

And now let's go straight to the biggest piece of madness of the whole 6 sessions of recording: the seat riding. As I am typing this I have no idea how to put it in words, but truth is I am not that worried not to manage to make myself clear as I would bet a hand you'll be able to see it on television. We even almost saw it again ourselves on the big screen during debriefing at the end, as Nikos kept asking the production team to put it as it had been so hilarious, but we didn't have enough time (luckily for Mika who kept shouting 'nooo please doooon't' every time Nikos was asking for the tapes ). So, yes, how to describe it? I am pretty sure it will feel a bit lame to read, sorry :sad:. It all began with Zazie and Mika having an argument over a contestant, and Zazie, talking very calmly, began to stand up on her own seat and then went on Mika's one. Still talking like nothing was wrong with her standing up on his armrest, like it was the most casual thing in the world. While he was going all “What the f**k is she doing?”. Turns out Jenifer didn't want to be left out of it, and went on the other armrest. Both still very calm standing up at each side of him, Mika still very lost, bursting some random “what???”. So he decided to stand up too, without even knowing why, and went on Zazie's seat. And then began to climb on the back. And to sit on it, one leg on each side. And then he looked at the floor, and realized it was quite high and had a little five seconds of panic, trying to put his foot on the screen fixed at the back of the seat (and for a nightmarish second I could picture the thing being ripped off by his weight and everything breaking down and all :nervous:). You could see he was genuinely wondering how the heck he would get off that thing (in case you don't know, the seats are huge this year, far more than last year: he WAS standing quite high). It was already a complete madness on the set and it was already hilarious and then, God knows why, he began to pretend the seat was a horse he was riding. I realise how much when just reading it it must seem flat but oh gosh, how much we laughed!! :roftl: . And on top of it after they managed to put every one back on seat and to calm things down, he just exclaimed “but I really don't understand what we just did though!” :lol3:

This story came back during debriefing as I said, and even if we didn't see it on screen they still talked a bit about it, leading to some completely absurd Mika quotes like “We really have no respect for the seats in here” or “Zazie started it all! She attacked my seat!” :aah:

Another cute and funny moment between Zazie and Mika when they began to imitate each other, and I actually don't even remember what each said to mime the other but it wasn't that bad at all as a caricature. Those two really are a cute pairing.

Mika also got a free whistling lesson from Florent and Jenifer, where he learned that it was because he was using too much air that he ended up with a sort of headache after wistling (well, you have to keep them busy between 2 contestants you know :aah:).

A contestant sang that Haendel song Mika sang ("as a baritone") at his final exams and off he went telling us the story of the song (and the story of copyright as he was on it) and how he knew all the technicality of this song by heart, obviously. Just an anecdote, but it reminds me of how I liked that in general during all sessions, him always having some random anecdote about the song or the artist. From Maniac to Haendel to the last Disney song. A bet quite a few will be cut though :sad: .

On the last recording session Zazie's team was already full (so she couldn't buzz at all the whole evening, which was extremely frustrating for her) and Mika completed his own team very early that day (and I am happy to say that he finally took 2 contestants that I really liked and it was my first crushes of the whole 6 sessions so it was about time :aah:), and so quite a few time they were gutted not to be able to take a contestant, and going mad because the two others weren't turning (again there really is a proper demarcation between the two on the right and the two on the left). They were really loosing it sometimes, literally jumping on their seats shouting “PRESS IT, YOU TWO IDIOTS!” and some other more colorful lines. Jenifer on the other hand still had something like 2 or 3 spots on her team when only 6 contestants were left so at a point she sort-of buzzed for everything.

And... well that's it! (winner for the most sh*ty conclusion :blush-anim-cl: ) Rejoice, I think I'm finally freing you from my Blind Auditions' reports :whew:

(And now is the part where I become cheesy and this is very annoying for those who weren't there so I'll be quick: I had a fantastic time with a fantastic group of people. For all those of you who will read me: thank you :group_hug: ).

Edited by Melyssa

It's a luck I took notes. Or all I would be able to say about the last two sessions now would look like “There were people singing and Mika was there and sometimes he was talking and sometimes he wasn't. It was nice. He rode a seat. We ate candies “ ('We ate candies' is a safe beet, you can say that about every night without taking any risk of being wrong).

But even with notes it is getting complicated. Some of the stuff I wrote don't make any sense any more to me (if anybody has the slightest idea of what my “purse stealing” note is refering to...)

Also, I didn't have that much notes about the last night because I am ashamed to confess that I fell asleep during recording (there is not that many 4hrs of sleep every night that my body can handle in a row :doh:). But now I'd say it's a luck that there wasn't much as my dog just ate them (I bet teachers never believed you when you told them that, but I can now testify that it happens for real sometimes).

So anyway, all that to say that I am gonna reunite both nights in there because I don't really have enough to make one report for each.

17 & 18/11/2014 - Recording sessions 5 & 6

First, guess what happened both times? The re-sang the opening song. Twice, each night. So they have recorded it 10 times in all. Understand that I am not complaining at all, having them singing is definitely the best part in any case, but... how did they manage not to get enough material for ONE good edit yet? That's a mystery. On the last time they were talking like dissipated children, I think it was hard to make them focus long enough to sing. Very useful stuff incoming: Mika sneezed at the beginning of the song (and no, I didn't note that, that's the kind of stuff my brain remember by itself, istn't it sad :doh:).

Also on second night when they came to sit, drama happened and Mika knocked his glass. Ended up with seat completely wet, half panicking because he couldn't find any tissue to wipe it out in the complete indifference of the whole production team who didn't care at all :aah:. Someone finally gave him some paper tissues and off he went on his hands and knees to wipe it as everybody was waiting for him to finish. There were 500 people looking at him and waiting for him to finish, poor thing :aah: (yes, I like this smiley)

As guests we had Frero Delavega and some random winner of, I think, the first edition (yeah that's how successful they are after it ends, Kendji being the notable exception), and also Garou who was happily having fun with the coaches whilst singing (dancing with Zazie, kissing Mika's hand... (don't ask, I don't know either)). He sang Let it Snow, and then said to Mika “I know you've sung it in front of a Japanese crowd in japan and they were singing with you.” “How do you know that?!” “... because your mum told me!”.

And now let's go straight to the biggest piece of madness of the whole 6 sessions of recording: the seat riding. As I am typing this I have no idea how to put it in words, but truth is I am not that worried not to manage to make myself clear as I would bet a hand you'll be able to see it on television. We even almost saw it again ourselves on the big screen during debriefing at the end, as Nikos kept asking the production team to put it as it had been so hilarious, but we didn't have enough time (luckily for Mika who kept shouting 'nooo please doooon't' every time Nikos was asking for the tapes ). So, yes, how to describe it? I am pretty sure it will feel a bit lame to read, sorry :sad:. It all began with Zazie and Mika having an argument over a contestant, and Zazie, talking very calmly, began to stand up on her own seat and then went on Mika's one. Still talking like nothing was wrong with her standing up on his armrest, like it was the most casual thing in the world. While he was going all “What the f**k is she doing?”. Turns out Jenifer didn't want to be left out of it, and went on the other armrest. Both still very calm standing up at each side of him, Mika still very lost, bursting some random “what???”. So he decided to stand up too, without even knowing why, and went on Zazie's seat. And then began to climb on the back. And to sit on it, one leg on each side. And then he looked at the floor, and realized it was quite high and had a little five seconds of panic, trying to put his foot on the screen fixed at the back of the seat (and for a nightmarish second I could picture the thing being ripped off by his weight and everything breaking down and all :nervous:). You could see he was genuinely wondering how the heck he would get off that thing (in case you don't know, the seats are huge this year, far more than last year: he WAS standing quite high). It was already a complete madness on the set and it was already hilarious and then, God knows why, he began to pretend the seat was a horse he was riding. I realise how much when just reading it it must seem flat but oh gosh, how much we laugh!! :roftl: . And on top of it after they managed to put every one back on seat and to calm things down, he just exclaimed “but I really don't understand what we just did though!” :lol3:

This story came back during debriefing as I said, and even if we didn't see it on screen they still talked a bit about it, leading to some completely absurd Mika quotes like “We really have no respect for the seats in here” or “Zazie started it all! She attacked my seat!” :aah:

Another cute and funny moment between Zazie and Mika when they began to imitate each other, and I actually don't even remember what each said to mime the other but it wasn't that bad at all as a caricature. Those two really are a cute pairing.

Mika also got a free whistling lesson from Florent and Jenifer, where he learned that it was because he was using too much air that he ended up with a sort of headache after wistling (well, you have to keep them busy between 2 contestants you know :aah:).

A contestant sang that Haendel song Mika sang ("as a baritone") at his final exams and off he went telling us the story of the song (and the story of copyright as he was on it) and how he knew all the technicality of this song by heart, obviously. Just an anecdote, but it reminds me of how I liked that in general during all sessions, him always having some random anecdote about the song or the artist. From Maniac to Haendel to the last Disney song. A bet quite a few will be cut though :sad: .

On the last recording session Zazie's team was already full (so she couldn't buzz at all the whole evening, which was extremely frustrating for her) and Mika completed his own team very early that day (and I am happy to say that he finally took 2 contestants that I really liked and it was my first crushes of the whole 6 sessions so it was about time :aah:), and so quite a few time they were gutted not to be able to take a contestant, and going mad because the two others weren't turning (again there really is a proper demarcation between the two on the right and the two on the left). They were really loosing it sometimes, literally jumping on their seats shouting “PRESS IT, YOU TWO IDIOTS!” and some other more colorful lines. Jenifer on the other hand still had something like 2 or 3 spots on her team when only 6 contestants were left so at a point she sort-of buzzed for everything.

And... well that's it! (winner for the most sh*ty conclusion :blush-anim-cl: ) Rejoice, I think I'm finally freing you from my Blind Auditions' reports :whew:

(And now is the part where I become cheesy and this is very annoying for those who weren't there so I'll be quick: I had a fantastic time with a fantastic group of people. For all those of you who will read me: thank you :group_hug: ).

:naughty: Thanks again for your funny report - it gave me a good laugh !! :huglove: Sounds like a crazy circus :aah: And I don't doubt how much fun you all had, together - thanks for sharing it with us, the outsiders :wub2::

Love,love

me

Merciiii :flowers2::original:

I hope it's not literally your last one and you'll soon report about your next adventures :thumb_yello: These posts are precious...

Same for me, thank you, see you soon, and for those who weren't there but are thinking about joining us for future shows, be sure that you'll be very much welcome. I've never seen that much kindness, solidarity and generosity amongst fans than since this adventure of The Voice :original:

Thank you so much Melyssa! :huglove::huglove: I so loved the part when he was standing on the chair and getting afraid of getting down :naughty:

Same for me, thank you, see you soon, and for those who weren't there but are thinking about joining us for future shows, be sure that you'll be very much welcome. I've never seen that much kindness, solidarity and generosity amongst fans than since this adventure of The Voice :original:

:thumb_yello:

And I hope that there will be the same good ambiance for the battles, with even more fans coming! :wub2: join us people! :wink2::huglove:

Thank you Melyssa!!! I love your reports! :) It's really nice of you to take the time and effort to share your experiences with the rest of us.

Does anyone know when the Voice will be available to watch?

Thank you Melyssa!!! I love your reports! :) It's really nice of you to take the time and effort to share your experiences with the rest of us.

Does anyone know when the Voice will be available to watch?

It should be at the beginning of January :thumb_yello:

There will be 3 Battles recorded in December:

- Tuesday 16

- Thursday 18

- Saturday 20

It seems that no so many people will be attending the recordings of 16th and 18th as the registrations are still open (but I guess Saturday will be full very quickly when it will be open).

So if you want to come to The Voice and see MIKA, that's the perfect time to do it, as it will be much more difficult to get a place for the live shows (and MIKA himself is much less relaxed at that time) :thumb_yello:

Registrations for the 16th and 18th:

http://www.emissions-tv.com/emissions/209/the_voice_les_battles