Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

ah well, if you say he wrote china boy with pharell, then i'm wrong. i don't remember it exactly either, and can't watch the video now. anyway, i blame whoever decided to turn that beautiful song china boy into the mainstream party song celebrate. :sneaky2::teehee:

and well, i do love tah dah...

anyway, i don't think mika should only collaborate with famous people - i think often the famous ones have a certain way they do things, and are more like "this has always worked, it will work again", instead of being flexible. others who aren't famous might bring some new and fresh ideas. maybe that's just a prejudice i have, but i certainly wouldn't say a non-famous producer/writer is a worse choice than a famous one.

It's not that I don't think he should only work with famous people, and I agree that Celebrate was not good, but the China Boy part was great.

But atm there isn't anything to attract attention to Mika in UK. If (for example) he did a song with Kylie, he'd be invited onto British shows to sing it with her. But not if it's someone unknown.

I know I'm obsessed with Mika getting known in UK again, but I'm thinking ahead to the album. He can't afford another flop in UK so people over here need to be aware of him again, before the album comes out, so they will buy it.

So it would be nice if, just one colab on the album was with someone popular in UK.

Unless, of course, Mika has a better idea to help him get known and played again in UK. I hope that he has.

i agree, seeing what the collaboration with pharell williams made out of that wonderful song "china boy" - i mean, celebrate is ok, but from the bits and pieces i've heard of the original, the magic was totally destroyed by changing it to a party song. :sad:

Do we have an audio or video of this first version of China Boy?

I was wondering about that too because all I ever heard about China Boy was the part he sang before Celebrate started so I really wonder how everybody knows about how beautiful China Boy might have been.

I was wondering about that too because all I ever heard about China Boy was the part he sang before Celebrate started so I really wonder how everybody knows about how beautiful China Boy might have been.

He has done parts of it a few times. I can't remember dates or places. At the radio gig he did in London with Jo Whiley?

Thre's a vid on YT filmed by mellody in Zurich with China boy intro :wink2:

just from the tiny bits i heard at shows, i love it a lot more than celebrate. i don't know whether it'd have been more "beautiful", but definitely deeper, with the certain mika magic to it that i always missed in celebrate. the latter is a fun party song, but i already thought from the first hearing that it was too mainstrem/polished/replaceable for a mika song.

he sang longer bits of china boy in zurich, manchester, and i think also in some tv performance that i don't remember now. :dunno: but ofc we never heard the whole song. maybe it was never even finished as an own song, before they turned it into celebrate. but from the china boy bits i've heard, my opinion is that from this first version, the song completely changed its character to what it is now.

He has done parts of it a few times. I can't remember dates or places. At the radio gig he did in London with Jo Whiley?

Thre's a vid on YT filmed by mellody in Zurich with China boy intro :wink2:

so it´s the parts I also know. These parts are beautiful yes but we don´t know more of the song. O.K. that´s what I wanted to know