Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I don't know if this is the right thread but...

Rossana Casale on twitter: "Ho ricevuto una notizia che .... Che è in odore di "ohhhh yesssss! ". Ad Aprile la conferma. ����������olè olè olè

����������������������������������������"

"I've got some news that... Smells like "Ohh Yess!". In April the confirmation."

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

ok....calm...breathe... :mf_rosetinted::glasses2:

:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

ok....calm...breathe... :mf_rosetinted::glasses2:

:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

:wink2:

ok guys, I'm sure a new hot discussion will start soon :mf_rosetinted: maybe it would be better to discuss it, I mean, wether it's true or not and wether it's a good thing or not, on another thread? (where I would maybe not go right now :teehee:)

ok guys, I'm sure a new hot discussion will start soon :mf_rosetinted: maybe it would be better to discuss it, I mean, wether it's true or not and wether it's a good thing or not, on another thread? (where I would maybe not go right now :teehee:)

Yes please.

I understand the topic has been discussed over and over and you're sick of it, I just thought it was worth mentioning the tweet. Not going to discuss it here :wink2:

I understand the topic has been discussed over and over and you're sick of it, I just thought it was worth mentioning the tweet. Not going to discuss it here :wink2:

don't worry, thanks for the information :huglove: it's just that I'm sure we won't resist long before starting again with this discussion :naughty:

But is it not possible for Mika making different choices? :blink:

I mean, UK is not the center of the Universe. And nor US. :fisch:

Maybe, this time, he could prefer to try different ways, to choose another starting point, to find a new kind of public, to have a different experience, to plan a different strategy...i don't know, but this it is not a crime...it could be just a possibility. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes I know what you mean. I've been hoping Mika would do something in UK or USA, that would put him on the radar again, for those countries.

It's very hurtful, in UK, when there are ads on TV for other star's albums, or compilation albums where the very best artists in music are there. But they are not, because Mika should be on there.

I've been seeing that cosmetic ad with AOW, but it's only the intro they use. If people don't know the song, they won't know it's Mika. He needs to sing in an ad, or appear in it, to make an impact.

I'm not saying that UK or USA are the centre of the universe, but his record company should realize it's important to keep the English speaking people on his side. Otherwise he'll be a European star, but not a worldwide star. I'm sure we all want him to be a worldwide star.

Since he's taking more control of his career, I hope he has plans for a UK comeback, even if it's not directly through the music (as you say) but something else, like a TV show.

Until he tells us something, we can only hope for the best, but an album with more than one French Song, would never sell in the UK.

Yes I know what you mean. I've been hoping Mika would do something in UK or USA, that would put him on the radar again, for those countries.

It's very hurtful, in UK, when there are ads on TV for other star's albums, or compilation albums where the very best artists in music are there. But they are not, because Mika should be on there.

I've been seeing that cosmetic ad with AOW, but it's only the intro they use. If people don't know the song, they won't know it's Mika. He needs to sing in an ad, or appear in it, to make an impact.

I'm not saying that UK or USA are the centre of the universe, but his record company should realize it's important to keep the English speaking people on his side. Otherwise he'll be a European star, but not a worldwide star. I'm sure we all want him to be a worldwide star.

Since he's taking more control of his career, I hope he has plans for a UK comeback, even if it's not directly through the music (as you say) but something else, like a TV show.

Until he tells us something, we can only hope for the best, but an album with more than one French Song, would never sell in the UK.

First, you can't forcefeed a country to like you... It's a shame that UK is not giving Mika his due place in the sun, but everything can happen with a lot of patience... As for the US, it's small, but I think his fanbase is slowly growing.

Second, how on earth can one jump into conclusion that because for the past few days, Mika was working on some French songs that 1) he will put it on an album that would be sold elsewhere than in French-speaking countries (although I never understand what would be such a sin) and 2) that it's the only songs he's been working on in the last few months...

I love the French songs even though I can't understand what he is saying. One of my favorite songs is "Un Soleil Mal Lune" and the emotion it envokes makes me cry. I am in love with Mika's voice (to me it is the most beautiful voice I have ever heard). He could sing songs in any language and I would still love them. I do understand that most people will probably dismiss a song if they can't understand the words but to me, the music and emotion supersede the language.

But the last album with only EMD didn´t sell in UK as well. In Germany French music is more and more on the radio and I hope the Radio stations will become more and more open minded. Maybe UK should think about it too :wink2:

This is the point, in my opinion.

All your arguments about the importance of promotion in the UK and / or in the U.S. are absolutely logical and correct. But then...now... why he does not make something there?? :blink:

XF in Italy, The Voice in France, ads...and what about english musical market?

What is the reason? Nothing interest to do in UK? So negative feelings about him or his music in UK???

I mean, there must be a logical reason!!! Unless you think that Mika is a stupid man or that he's working with stupid people. And I don't think so. But then, what can we think about it? :doh:

Well, I really find myself thinking that at the base of the new album, there could be a different project... this is the only logical answer that i can find......do not ask me which this project is, I do not know...we can only make some hypothesis. Perhaps starting from more "friendly" countries (concerning his music!) as France, this time could be more simple...or searching for a different type of public...a different kind of show...a different marketing strategy, made step by step (or country by country)....something like that.

Maybe, a smaller project? A little bit less ambitious that the last one ? :blink:

I don't know, this is only my opinion... it could be all a mistake...but it could be also a possibility. :wink2:

Edited by Marta.

This is the point, in my opinion.

All your arguments about the importance of promotion in the UK and / or in the U.S. are absolutely logical and correct. But then... why he does not make something there?? :blink:

XF in Italy, The Voice in France, ads...and what about english musical market?

What is the reason? Nothing interest to do in UK? So negative feelings about him or his music in UK???

I mean, there must be a logical reason!!! Unless you think that Mika is a stupid man or that he's working with stupid people. And I don't think so. But then, what can we think about it? :doh:

Well, I really find myself thinking that at the base of the new album, there could be a different project... this is the only logical answer that i can find......do not ask me which this project is, I do not know...we can only make a some hypothesis. Perhaps starting from more "friendly" countries (concerning his music!) as France, this time could be more simple...or searching for a different type of public...a different kind of show...a different promotional strategy....something like that.

Maybe, a smaller project? A little bit less ambitious that the last one ? :blink:

I don't know, this is only my opinion... it could be all a mistake...but it could be also a possibility. :wink2:

Mikas' problem here in the UK at least, was that for the last 2 albums, the record companies choice of lead singles, weren't the best choices, I think even Mika said this. And as good as WAG and Celebrate may be, first songs to promote an album they were not. Rain and Stardust would have been much better choices for these albums, and I think if he had been let lead with these songs on both albums, he would have had a better reception here.

TOOL was fairly well received by critics here, it just didn't get enough promo. Radio 2 was his biggest supporter, Radio 1 didn't want to know, and the big independents were too up the backside of X Factor and Simon Cowell to care. Myself, I love Mika the singer, I don't like that he feels that going on talent shows is important to his career. His choice I know, but I feel it is stifling his own amazing talent, and time spent stuck in one place doing those shows, stops him from travelling around the world being the magnificent musician that he is.

Mikas' problem here in the UK at least, was that for the last 2 albums, the record companies choice of lead singles, weren't the best choices, I think even Mika said this. And as good as WAG and Celebrate may be, first songs to promote an album they were not. Rain and Stardust would have been much better choices for these albums, and I think if he had been let lead with these songs on both albums, he would have had a better reception here.

TOOL was fairly well received by critics here, it just didn't get enough promo. Radio 2 was his biggest supporter, Radio 1 didn't want to know, and the big independents were too up the backside of X Factor and Simon Cowell to care. Myself, I love Mika the singer, I don't like that he feels that going on talent shows is important to his career. His choice I know, but I feel it is stifling his own amazing talent, and time spent stuck in one place doing those shows, stops him from travelling around the world being the magnificent musician that he is.

Well said. I agree. Mistakes were made with the singles. Even the one with Pharell, because Celebrate wasn't good enough to be a single. Stardust, or maybe Overrated, which has a rock vibe, would have been much better.

But now he's taking more control, I hope for better. I know he can't be everywhere at once, but it's because he's so talented and so unique, that I wish UK could see him as I, and all his fans do. They would love him again if they could see him the way Italy and France have. This is the reason I hope for something good in UK, to give him the boost he needs.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Well said:thumb_yello:

My worst fear is if Mika doesn't get it right this time now he himself is taking control, is that he will do more crap reality tv shows to sustain his career, and that would be such a waste of his talent IMO :( I don't think I could take anymore:wink2: