Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

The verb is "to tweet", Anne -- you tweet a tweet. A "twit" is something else altogether! :naughty:

And I have it on good authority, from someone who ought to know, that Mika is the only person tweeting from his Twitter account. :wink2:

I ran across something interesting (to me, at least) sort of related to this in this week's Entertainment Weekly magazine. It was a sidebar to an article on the new movie Spiderman 2, talking about the score/soundtrack and how it involved Hans Zimmer, Pharrell and Mike Einziger (as well as Johnny Marr and others), and it included this photo:

hans-zimmer-assembling-a-supergroup-for-the-amazing-spider-man-2-147763-a-1383298535-470-75.jpg

I found it interesting since Pharrell, Zimmer and Einziger all have a Mika connection. :original:

I subscribe to EW, and I found that picture to be very timely. I glanced at it briefly and tried to remember where I had seen those faces before.

Anne, don't feel bad. I call it twitting as well. :mf_rosetinted:

It was a sidebar to an article on the new movie Spiderman 2, talking about the score/soundtrack and how it involved Hans Zimmer, Pharrell and Mike Einziger (as well as Johnny Marr and others), and it included this photo:

I found it interesting since Pharrell, Zimmer and Einziger all have a Mika connection. :original:

Headtitle: mod discloses true Spiderman's identity. Apparently he was born in Lebanon. :mf_rosetinted:

It was a few years ago. He was taking some kind of pain killer or sedative or something and tweeting all sorts of incomprehensible rubbish. :aah: He deleted it later. :naughty:

The MFC thread of that night is a good read though, if your sense of humour is slightly sadistic :fisch:

It's the twitter updates, but I don't remember which number. I'm sure someone remembers a weird word he tweeted that you could search for :dunno:

I'm not sure I still have the one he tweeted me.

Edit: Nope it's gone.

Edited by RAK1

It's the twitter updates, but I don't remember which number. I'm sure someone remembers a weird word he tweeted that you could search for :dunno:

I'm assuming this is the "funny but odd" tweets, since that's the only example I remember. They start near the bottom of this page.

I'm assuming this is the "funny but odd" tweets, since that's the only example I remember. They start near the bottom of this page.

Aww poor fans who worried all night long ! :doh: I feel bad for them, but I think we can laugh about it now, 4 years later. :aah: But I would have been worried too. :tears:

Just wow. Read through all the drama.

I always say that I wish I had become a fan sooner, but I'm glad I missed out on that incident.

In retrospect the impaired tweets were sort of funny, but at the time, I would have been freaking out. Both from the tweets and the mess that happened after.

Just wow. Read through all the drama.

I always say that I wish I had become a fan sooner, but I'm glad I missed out on that incident.

In retrospect the impaired tweets were sort of funny, but at the time, I would have been freaking out. Both from the tweets and the mess that happened after.

There were very regular periods of high drama over nothing, so yes, be glad you weren't here. :naughty: There was a time that Mika couldn't get on a plane without people getting into a panic that he was going to die in a crash and lord help us if he didn't tweet when he landed. I resolved that if Mika ever did die I would just turn off my computer and never log back in again because I could not handle the total meltdown of thousands of fans while dealing with my own grief. And yes there was so much talk about Mika's potential demise at that time that this actually crossed my mind. :aah:

lord help us if he didn't tweet when he landed.

Oh man, apprehensive mommy mode on! :doh:

I hate when my friends ask me to text as I get home safe and sound. I never do it. Imagine to have a hundred people demanding the same....

Anyway, I'm going to read that thread, apparently is quite a thing.

OMG :shocked: The tweets are funny in itself, but reading all those worries made me worried too 4 years later... it must have been really bad, me too I would be very worried, and furthermore with those rumors...!!

I'm really glad that I don't lived that drama! :mikasweat:

I wasn't a member here at the time, but I was following him on Twitter. I just remember being amused when I saw the tweets and thinking, "wow, he's so out of it, wish I had some!" I didn't see the death hoax, but I've seen things like that before and never believe anything until I see a reputable news source or two.

Flying terrifies me, though, so I admit that I try to not think about how often he flies. :doh:

There were very regular periods of high drama over nothing, so yes, be glad you weren't here. :naughty: There was a time that Mika couldn't get on a plane without people getting into a panic that he was going to die in a crash and lord help us if he didn't tweet when he landed. I resolved that if Mika ever did die I would just turn off my computer and never log back in again because I could not handle the total meltdown of thousands of fans while dealing with my own grief. And yes there was so much talk about Mika's potential demise at that time that this actually crossed my mind. :aah:

I'll add junk like this to my ever growing list of reasons why I'm glad I'm not famous. I don't need a whole world worrying about me!

And why? He's probably the most boring celebrity ever to walk the planet when it comes to being responsible.

Oh man, apprehensive mommy mode on! :doh:

I hate when my friends ask me to text as I get home safe and sound. I never do it. Imagine to have a hundred people demanding the same....

Anyway, I'm going to read that thread, apparently is quite a thing.

I think it was when he first opened his Twitter account. Before that, we would find out he was at a place. But Twitter put it into "real time."

So sometimes he would tweet that he was getting on a plane to LA, or somewhere else, and people would know he was up there! So then they would worry until he landed safety.

But I don't think people are so worried now. I think it's because, getting on a plane is something he does regularly, and we can't spend our lives worrying about what might happen. But there were a few worried tweets the other day, when there was an earthquake in LA, until people realized he was in Monaco.

I wasn't a member here at the time, but I was following him on Twitter. I just remember being amused when I saw the tweets and thinking, "wow, he's so out of it, wish I had some!"

I saw him stoned on painkillers a few months before that and it was pretty funny. We were concerned sort of in passing that he might acquire a dependence on them if he kept jumping around on his foot instead of taking it easy. But I never worried he was in any kind of imminent danger :naughty: The perpetrator of the death hoax called me because he didn't know what to do after freaking everyone out so I didn't even know about that until I got the call. :aah:

And why? He's probably the most boring celebrity ever to walk the planet when it comes to being responsible.

Yes that's why the British press lost interest in him after the summer of 2007. It was pretty clear by then he wasn't going to get into any drunken punch ups and he was far more likely to be seen with his sisters and mother than any credible potential date. Even when he was out with Katy Perry or Gaga or Adele there was never any serious belief he was more than friends so it wasn't exactly scandalous.

But Twitter put it into "real time."

So sometimes he would tweet that he was getting on a plane to LA, or somewhere else, and people would know he was up there! So then they would worry until he landed safety.

But I don't think people are so worried now.

It seemed to me that there were a couple of younglings with genuine anxiety about this but it spread so that fantasizing that Mika was in constant danger became a way to demonstrate that you were a "big fan" and cared about him as much or more than others. The danger fantasy seems to have been replaced with adoring everything that Mika does even if it's something one has never given a flying fig about in their entire lives. :mf_rosetinted:

It seemed to me that there were a couple of younglings with genuine anxiety about this but it spread so that fantasizing that Mika was in constant danger became a way to demonstrate that you were a "big fan" and cared about him as much or more than others. The danger fantasy seems to have been replaced with adoring everything that Mika does even if it's something one has never given a flying fig about in their entire lives. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

there was also the era of "how tired he looked, poor Mika". I think some would get a magnifying glass to examine if he had bags under his eyes or if his little vain was popping up :aah:

everyone would say he needed to relax, get some sleep.

but then, the next day at the end of a gig, wouldn't feel bad about keeping him there to get a 15th autograph :teehee: