Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

:

I see Paul Williams standing next to Daddy in "Smokey & The Bandit"... :naughty:

:floor:

That WAS him. I couldn't remember if it was. And of course you have to say it "deddeh". No wonder I have trouble taking him seriously. Husband loves that movie. I leave the room when it's on.

Wasn't he on The Love Boat all the time too?

Talk about an odd couple. Big, long Mika and wee Paul Williams!

Isn't Paul Williams the one who sings on Daft Punk's song from their current album "Touch" ? Dude is it me or Mika has been working with the same people than Daft Punk nowadays :aah: (or that's just a coincidence)

He didn't even get as far as picking a dish before being noticed :naughty:

Yeah.... :doh:

Sincerely i've never met him except after the concerts or tv show and frankly even if I were to see him in a restaurant, I do not think I would go and disturb him in his free time...

Yeah.... :doh:

Sincerely i've never met him except after the concerts or tv show and frankly even if I were to see him in a restaurant, I do not think I would go and disturb him in his free time...

I met him at the airport a day after a gig and I didn't take a pic with him but we had a little chat and also with some band members. I couldn't take a pic, I felt intrusive but got lovely memories of that day :wub2:

Isn't Paul Williams the one who sings on Daft Punk's song from their current album "Touch" ? Dude is it me or Mika has been working with the same people than Daft Punk nowadays :aah: (or that's just a coincidence)

Raya, that's Pharrel Williams. Honestly, that guy is everywhere lately. I think he's very cool. And you're right about the Daft Punk connection.

Paul Williams is a singer/songwriter/actor who was really popular in the 70's. His big thing was that he's very short and tiny for a man, and people were always joking about it. He disappeared for a while, drugs, the usual, but now he's having a comeback of sorts. I guess he's extremely talented, but some of his career choices kinda make people not take him seriously, I think.

La fortuna di trovarsi al posto giusto al momento giusto....Non è il mio caso.Pazienza.L'ho visto un po' stanco...forse perchè non è in forma fisicamente, comunque sempre dolce e disponibile.

I don't usually do this, as this isn't the Italian thread, but here goes.

Credo che sia un pio desiderio da parte vostra.:wink2:

Raya, that's Pharrel Williams. Honestly, that guy is everywhere lately. I think he's very cool. And you're right about the Daft Punk connection.

Paul Williams is a singer/songwriter/actor who was really popular in the 70's. His big thing was that he's very short and tiny for a man, and people were always joking about it. He disappeared for a while, drugs, the usual, but now he's having a comeback of sorts. I guess he's extremely talented, but some of his career choices kinda make people not take him seriously, I think.

Actually, Paul Williams IS the one on Daft Punk's album singing Touch.

[YOUTUBE]XfH3erWacsQ[/YOUTUBE]

I couldn't believe it when I heard it -- but Paul Williams has had sort of a renaissance lately. :)

Anyhow, you're right about the rest of it -- he was HUGE in the '70s, penning one of my favorite songs of all time, The Rainbow Connection from the Muppet Movie, as well as a lot of songs by Three Dog Night and The Carpenters. :thumb_yello:

That's interesting.

I can't see Paul Williams without thinking about Muppets.

Honestly.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time. Can't hear it without getting all choked up.

[YOUTUBE]IUUNumejg4w[/YOUTUBE]

I haven't thought about Paul Williams in 30 years. But I was listening to the Love Boat theme the other day. It was great. :naughty:

I have no clue who he is.... i should be ashamed i guess, but instead, i'll google him :aah:

I have no clue who he is.... i should be ashamed i guess, but instead, i'll google him :aah:

He just used to guest star on anything and everything in the 70s and early 80s. You'd probably know him if you saw him...from that time. I didn't even recognize him now in the pic with Mika.

Aaagh. You're killing me! I'm not THAT old, am I?

Besides the Rainbow Connection... surely you remember some of these?

"Evergreen" (Love Theme from A Star Is Born), (#1 hit for Barbra Streisand)

"Rainy Days and Mondays", (#2 hit for The Carpenters)

"We've Only Just Begun" (#2 hit for The Carpenters)

"You and Me Against the World" (Top-10 hit for Helen Reddy)

"An Old Fashioned Love Song" (Top-10 hit for Three Dog Night)

"I Won't Last a Day Without You", (Top-20 hit for The Carpenters)

And the Bugsy Malone soundtrack too.

:naughty: oh i know most of these songs

and i do know & like The rainbow connection :naughty:

Actually, Paul Williams IS the one on Daft Punk's album singing Touch.

[YOUTUBE]XfH3erWacsQ[/YOUTUBE]

I couldn't believe it when I heard it -- but Paul Williams has had sort of a renaissance lately. :)

Anyhow, you're right about the rest of it -- he was HUGE in the '70s, penning one of my favorite songs of all time, The Rainbow Connection from the Muppet Movie, as well as a lot of songs by Three Dog Night and The Carpenters. :thumb_yello:

Aaaggghhh!

I stand corrected. Kipper beating for me!:fish:

I'm sure you can understand my confusion, though. Pharrel, Paul.... Same last name. And who in the world would ever link Paul Williams with Daft Punk. :shocked:

I showed husband the selfie, and he immediately recognized him as the little dude from Smokey and the Bandit. Such a child of the 70's!