• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've put many words but not the right one yet, apparently the site has problems :(

Same here, not sure if the site is having a problem or that I just haven't hit the right answer yet.

But what does "a place" mean? It's just a game in the end.

Yes, of course in the end the place is just a number, which doesn't represent how good you really are / could be. Still it's nice to see your real place :wink2:

Yes true but we all figured it out didn't we? I mean yes I wasted 15 minutes but it's not the end of the world! :aah:

But today you "know" that your wrong answer is very probably still right, because so much people had problems. But what if it happened the other days like other teams have said and will happen the next days again? The fun part is figuring it out. And thinking about a puzzle longer time is fun (as it's hell at the same time :mf_rosetinted:) when you get the right answer in the end. But thinking about a puzzle because your answer didn't get accepted and you think it's wrong, is not fun.

That team started in 1996 so they predate our penguin. :naughty:

Yes well that's the thing, at this point the top 10 is not going to change much I don't think. Everyone is moaning on Twitter but it really doesn't matter anymore.

exactly moaning won't help, they won't be able to fix their site now. They might take it into account for the next time they do a hunt.

It still is unfortunate though, we were in 4th place before we started having trouble with the site. We managed to find the last few puzzles a lot faster than the first few, but were unable to enter the answer from the moment we knew it.

Moaning won't change this, I'm just surprised that a big corporation like this, who has done hunts before isn't able to filter out the bugs on a simple website before they started the hunt.

But today you "know" that your wrong answer is very probably still right, because so much people had problems. But what if it happened the other days like other teams have said and will happen the next days again? The fun part is figuring it out. And thinking about a puzzle longer time is fun (as it's hell at the same time :mf_rosetinted:) when you get the right answer in the end. But thinking about a puzzle because your answer didn't get accepted and you think it's wrong, is not fun.

Yes it's annoying but all the pissing and moaning on Twitter is equally annoying to me. It looks like they built the microsite specifically for this 2013 contest and of course it's not going to be perfect at every turn since we are effectively using the beta version. They even stated in the terms and conditions that they won't be held liable for technical issues because these things happen. It's virtually unavoidable. It's just a game and even as far as the prizes go ultimately they can change the rules, give the prizes to whomever they want, etc. Swatch has gone to great lengths to provide the game and they are handing out prizes with no purchase required. All things considered it's gone pretty well especially when you compare it to other contests involving Mika, a couple of which have been unmitigated disasters, many of which have not been "fair" at all.

Oh yeah...comparing this to other Mika-related contests really does help :lmfao: Swatch are doing a great job :arf2: and this contest is incredibly fun and challenging at least, even if it's not entirely fair :mf_rosetinted:

exactly moaning won't help, they won't be able to fix their site now. They might take it into account for the next time they do a hunt.

It still is unfortunate though, we were in 4th place before we started having trouble with the site. We managed to find the last few puzzles a lot faster than the first few, but were unable to enter the answer from the moment we knew it.

Moaning won't change this, I'm just surprised that a big corporation like this, who has done hunts before isn't able to filter out the bugs on a simple website before they started the hunt.

We had better ranking a couple times (2nd and 3rd) because I think the winning teams had some troubles entering their codes as well. So the site is stuck and there are some problems but it's equal to everyone. Our team was lucky because the day we couldn't enter for a long time we didn't even know the answer early :aah:

I still think this net hunting is an awesome idea and that it's great that a cool brand like Swatch is using a meeting with Mika as the main prize and I suggest everyone takes the competition as entertainment and something fun to do together, I don't like seeing his fans complaining all over Twitter, tbh. It's just a game.

I really wanted to win this because I miss Mika and I wanted to see him... :wub2: but only one team can win and the winners have been super fast from the first puzzle and deserve their trip (I think they are not fans and probably just want to win a free trip and signed watches).

The site is sometimes stuck but just keep trying, we have managed to enter our code every time. I feel so stupid because we used a lot of time (and lost too many points) a couple of first days just because we didn't understand it can be simple and the answer was in front of us all the time :doh: I don't much care if I win a T-shirt or not but it has been a lot of fun to have our daily meeting with our team :wub2: Thanks girls!

Yeah I've been having a great time waking up and solving puzzles with you girls! :D Has been fun and exciting :)

Yes it's annoying but all the pissing and moaning on Twitter is equally annoying to me. It looks like they built the microsite specifically for this 2013 contest and of course it's not going to be perfect at every turn since we are effectively using the beta version. They even stated in the terms and conditions that they won't be held liable for technical issues because these things happen. It's virtually unavoidable. It's just a game and even as far as the prizes go ultimately they can change the rules, give the prizes to whomever they want, etc. Swatch has gone to great lengths to provide the game and they are handing out prizes with no purchase required. All things considered it's gone pretty well especially when you compare it to other contests involving Mika, a couple of which have been unmitigated disasters, many of which have not been "fair" at all.

Ha ha, yes, compared to other competitions it works totally smoothly :D

Well, at least Swatch gets to know that a lot of people have problems, that it's not a small bug, if people complain on Twitter. So hopefully they will change the bugs the next time they do a Nethunt. Because without the bugs (and with changing starting times) it would be a perfect competition, they gave so much thought and effort in it, and solving the puzzles is real fun :thumb_yello:

Edited by DerMoment1608

We are searching but :dunno:

And it's only me. My teammate is at school, and tries to help but it's hard when you're in class. And I don't know where my other teammate is. I sent him a message, but... With this one we need all the help.

We are searching but :dunno:

And it's only me. My teammate is at school, and tries to help but it's hard when you're in class. And I don't know where my other teammate is. I sent him a message, but... With this one we need all the help.

hmm i'm searching:D but i don't have any idea witch country is it....