Mika in Vanity Fair Italia N°44 2013 - Interview + photo shoot + videos -- out Oct.30

isabellarosie123

Vanity Fair ‏@VanityFairIt

#chiediloamika - La popstar e giudice di #Xfactor7 è venuto a trovarci in redazione @mikasounds

62d1db6e5d1711e3bf01125db3b0fbce_8.jpg

Vanity Fair ‏@VanityFairIt

#chiediloamika - Loro l'hanno fatto di persona. Domani su vanityfairit il racconto della giornata con…

3a901cc85d1811e3b82e12f68ff3b993_8.jpg

Germano Antonucci ‏@geno_75

In redazione con @mikasounds. Domani su @VanityFairIt tutti i dettagli #mika #xf7 #chiediloamika pic.twitter.com/yUlT5wMgGm

Baqu8noIQAAofxr.jpg

Tired, or early in the morning? :blink:

1483357_671804549506469_1777169264_n.jpg

Maybe both - but I think it's the wrong light on this photo, which makes him look pale as a ghost here - the other photos, shared by Chris yesterday, are normal and beautiful :wub2: Oh - so many signings these days !! :shocked: MIKA is really kind, and eager to please. Luckily, as someone said here earlier, it's good he has such a short and easy name ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

this radio interview is quite annoying, you have to listen to a jingle before any question/answer, and they are a bit mixed up.

But some questions/answers are quite interesting.

i've got the impression that there might be a second X factor Italia :mf_rosetinted: and that the actual release of the new album --> tour is still up in Mika clouds :mf_rosetinted:

he's chosen a fiancè for Mel 3 days ago, He's a mature (but not old - 3 years old) retriever of red hair. More handsome than intelligent. Next summer she's due to have puppies.

http://www.vanityfair.it/condenet/pages/VanityRadio/Popup.aspx?radioID=27915&zoneADV=radio&playlistNAME=VanityFair&nodeID=25525

Edited by robertina

i've got the impression that there might be a second X factor Italia :mf_rosetinted: and that the actual release of the new album --> tour is still up in Mika clouds :mf_rosetinted:

Sigh. Well no surprise there.

he's chosen a fiancè for Mel 3 days ago, He's a mature (but not old - 3 years old) retriever of red hair. More handsome than intelligent. Next summer she's due to have puppies.

Ha maybe this is the 5 children he we have. :naughty:

this radio interview is quite annoying, you have to listen to a jingle before any question/answer, and they are a bit mixed up.

Yes, it IS annoying. I wish you could select the questions you want to hear, and why do you have to hear that jingle each time? :aah:

I actually thought he was saying he didn't know if he would do X Factor next year. He said "No lo so." He said he wanted to make an album and a tour, so he didn't know if he could do X Factor as well. Didn't he say something like, "I'm not stupid, I know that X Factor has made me known throughout Italy, but I'm a musician..." words to that effect, at least. :dunno:

I laughed when he said that he was going to breed Mel. Testing the waters, I guess, to see what parenthood is like before taking the plunge himself. :naughty:

What else? He can't stand watching himself on TV -- called it torture and said he never watches the videos of X Factor. And the first Italian word he learned was, of course, "cazzo." :teehee:

And no duet with Marco Mengoni is in the works. And he doesn't like the name "Mika Freaks" for his fans. :thumb_yello:

And that he learned Italian by listening, rather than by writing, because of his dyslexia.

I wish there was a way to download all of the questions/answers. :sneaky2:

I fear another X-factor, but he does not seem to exclude it in case they offered!! a nightmare.

and of course he has to make a new album, and tour...but he said 'devo' as if he was obliged, and had to add 'lo voglio fare' as if he would impose to himself making it.

Don't know... I have mixed feelings.

http://www.vanityfair.it/condenet/pages/VanityRadio/Popup.aspx?radioID=27915&zoneADV=radio&playlistNAME=VanityFair&nodeID=25525

Mika will be the handsomest Granddad of all time.

Deb, I can record them, not until next week though, since it'll require some work + time

Thanks, Marina. I'm afraid I missed some of them, and now I can't seem to find them at all. :blink:

I'm trying to remember the other questions I heard... someone asked how he overcame stage fright and he said he brushes his teeth. He wants to sing with a clean mouth. :naughty:

Oh, and they asked him what song would he sing to be sure NOT to be kicked off X Factor and he said Blackbird, by the Beatles, and then he sang part of it. :wub2: I think he said something like it would have been a good song for Gaia, instead of Song #2 -- she has a big voice and the juxtaposition of the quiet Blackbird with her big voice would have been powerful. At least I think he said something like that. I only got to hear that once. :blush-anim-cl:

Oh really Mika? Did you do all the health tests? Did you compare pedigrees or is it just cause you want to have puppies?:mf_rosetinted:

I'm trying to remember the other questions I heard... someone asked how he overcame stage fright and he said he brushes his teeth. He wants to sing with a clean mouth. :naughty:

Oh really...he told us he drinks whiskey when he is nervous...:mf_rosetinted:

Oh really Mika? Did you do all the health tests? Did you compare pedigrees or is it just cause you want to have puppies?:mf_rosetinted:

He made it sound like it had been a pretty thorough search for Mel's boyfriend. He's English, has red hair, 3 years old... it was cute. :wink2:

I remembered one other thing. Someone asked what was the strangest thing he'd been asked to autograph, and he said various parts of fans' bodies.

Someone else asked what he thought of Rihanna and Lady Gaga. He said he like Rihanna, and that she was one of the great interpreters of his generation -- she doesn't write her own songs, she has a team to do it, and she puts on a great show. He also spoke of how Lady Gaga was totally different, because she writes all of her own songs. He said he likes her melodies and in particular the words, but he doesn't care for the over-production, the EDM sound for her new album. He also said her cover for the single Applause was fantastic. He also spoke a bit about using vulgarity in art, and said he was OK with that, but didn't like when it was used simply to attract publicity. (I'm loosely translating. :wink2: )

Wish I could have recorded it all. Will have to wait patiently for Mari. :thumb_yello:

He made it sound like it had been a pretty thorough search for Mel's boyfriend. He's English, has red hair, 3 years old... it was cute. :wink2:

I remembered one other thing. Someone asked what was the strangest thing he'd been asked to autograph, and he said various parts of fans' bodies.

Someone else asked what he thought of Rihanna and Lady Gaga. He said he like Rihanna, and that she was one of the great interpreters of his generation -- she doesn't write her own songs, she has a team to do it, and she puts on a great show. He also spoke of how Lady Gaga was totally different, because she writes all of her own songs. He said he likes her melodies and in particular the words, but he doesn't care for the over-production, the EDM sound for her new album. He also said her cover for the single Applause was fantastic. He also spoke a bit about using vulgarity in art, and said he was OK with that, but didn't like when it was used simply to attract publicity. (I'm loosely translating. :wink2: )

Wish I could have recorded it all. Will have to wait patiently for Mari. :thumb_yello:

Well good. As a doglover I don't support litters just for fun:mf_rosetinted:. However, I do appreciate his choice for a dark coloured mate as Goldens are generally much too white in my opinion.

I totally agree with him on Gaga though, apart from the words part cause her new lyrics are very bad mostly :naughty: Artpop is overproduced and it hasn't got much to do with art anymore really.

Has he been watching the Wrecking ball video?:mf_rosetinted:

Another question just came to me -- well, actually I can't remember exactly what the question was, but the answer was about Mika's videos. He said how he really didn't like the Celebrate video, that he was made to do it. He didn't want to release that as the first single from the album, but that the label in the US wanted to play it "safe". He liked the videos for Underwater and Popular Song, but really didn't like Celebrate at all. :teehee: