MIKA's New Swatch Collection

dcdeb

It doesn't look like it's in the US online store at all. Of course. :sneaky2: I guess I'll call the Swatch store that's at the mall near me. Not holding out much hope for that, though.

I'll see if I can find anything out about London.

No swatch stores within more than 100 miles of me so i was really relying on the online usa shop :( i keep checking the us swatch store tho, searching for it & hoping they get a clue :pray:

i didn't want it nearly that much until i couldn't have it, now i NEEEEEEED it :aah:

I think it's incredible how much love, thought and work they put into these designs. And I agree with you Deb, he LOVES creating things, it's obvious. It's probably something he needs to do to keep himself happy and energetic and to be able to do music as well. I don't think for a moment he is doing any of his projects just for money (even he probably likes having houses here and there :teehee:), there's always a unique idea behind everything and he looks genuinely excited to show his designs. Not sure we should even call them "side projects", looks more like a life style for him to do different things (I'm sure he still always sees himself as someone who makes music). I can very well believe working with Swatch was always his dream. Happy he could do it :wub2: These watches are too colorful for my own style (totally as I expected) but they scream "Mika" and after watching the video I understand why he is using the mask pattern, it was a long time project. I want one for myself as a memory and maybe to use at gigs (please tell we can have that special box too!!!) and already promised one for my son, he was super excited to see the colors (hahah, totally as I expected as well).

As usual, I couldn't agree more with everything you said :thumb_yello:

how do you get this app to work without having a watch you can scan? do you have to print a picture and scan that? :aah:

I just held my phone up to my computer screen and scanned an image of one of the watches like that, and it worked. It's very cute. :thumb_yello:

how do you get this app to work without having a watch you can scan? do you have to print a picture and scan that? :aah:

It seems so :aah:

Just scan your Mika 4 Swatch watch or visuals showing the watch and discover the spirit world of the mask, which changes during the day, every 2 hours, offering you a surprisingly fun experience matching to every moment of your daily routine!

I just held my phone up to my computer screen and scanned an image of one of the watches like that, and it worked. It's very cute. :thumb_yello:

thanks, will try that later when i start my pc. :thumb_yello: got the app on my tablet as my mobile doesn't habve enough free space (definitely need a new one soon! :aah:)

The owner seemed confident he would get some, he's supposed to call me when he has some news:thumb_yello:

What did he say exactly? I called a couple of shops and they said they received a shipment today that did not include the MIKA watches and they have no idea if they will even be brought into Canada. As long as they will be available in Canada I think I can get them to order it for me. Swatch has it on their Canadian splash page and it does say it's available worldwide, but you never know. If they are only making 2 available per store I don't want to wait around to see what happens. :aah:

What did he say exactly? I called a couple of shops and they said they received a shipment today that did not include the MIKA watches and they have no idea if they will even be brought into Canada. As long as they will be available in Canada I think I can get them to order it for me. Swatch has it on their Canadian splash page and it does say it's available worldwide, but you never know. If they are only making 2 available per store I don't want to wait around to see what happens. :aah:

He said he would check and call me to let me know when he should get it.

He said he would check and call me to let me know when he should get it.

Yes the one down the street from me said she would call in a couple of days but she was very clear that she has no idea if Swatch Canada will sell them.

Hmm I dunno what's wrong with me but now that I see how limited the one with the adorbs box is I WANT one!! :blink: even tho it's a ridiculous price and really I should just get the one I can afford...

Help!! :aah::aah:

Hmm I dunno what's wrong with me but now that I see how limited the one with the adorbs box is I WANT one!! :blink: even tho it's a ridiculous price and really I should just get the one I can afford...

Help!! :aah::aah:

i wouldn't be surprised if they took it out of the online store just for this reason - to generate demand because everyone wants what they can't get. :naughty:

For people of France, only the dark blue one seems to be available at the moment:

http://shop.swatch.com/fr/fr/SubMenus/Watches/Collections/Mika_4_Swatch-5408.html

The same on the UK site, but I wouldn't buy the lighter colour in the box if it's too dear. The blue one is okay. The price is alright. I like watches with big faces because I can see them better without my glasses, so I don't mind that it's big. These days it doesn't matter if a woman wears a big watch.

i wouldn't be surprised if they took it out of the online store just for this reason - to generate demand because everyone wants what they can't get. :naughty:

Is that the reason why it isn't in the online store anymore. Because this morning I still saw it, but now not anymore...

I just called at the Swatch store in Padua,Italy,and they told me I can buy the limited edition one only if I am a member of the Swatch Club.And to become their member,I have to buy first another watch called "Open It" :doh:

Why though? it's just so...useless :aah:

Not if you sell it isn't. I wish I had a boatload of Songs for Sorrows EPs. :naughty:

Not that I've ever sold any of my Mika stuff. And I think by the time they get in a shipment of these watches I will be over my urge to buy one. :naughty: I just don't like it enough to want it for its own sake and it's not like I would wear a watch that's meant to be kept as a collector's item anyway.

Not if you sell it isn't. I wish I had a boatload of Songs for Sorrows EPs. :naughty:

Not that I've ever sold any of my Mika stuff. And I think by the time they get in a shipment of these watches I will be over my urge to buy one. :naughty: I just don't like it enough to want it for its own sake and it's not like I would wear a watch that's meant to be kept as a collector's item anyway.

I have a Songs for Sorrow EP collecting dust somewhere, is it worth anything? :fisch:

I just called at the Swatch store in Padua,Italy,and they told me I can buy the limited edition one only if I am a member of the Swatch Club.And to become their member,I have to buy first another watch called "Open It" :doh:

I thought we already became members when we signed up for the competition? :dunno:

As far as I know you don't need to be a member of the Swatch Club!! I'm calling the Swatch Store of Milan: I'll let you know!