MIKA's New Swatch Collection

dcdeb

I was at Swatch yesterday trying to nail them down about whether I'm getting a limited edition version or not. There are only 8 coming to Canada. :aah:

There's only one coming to Finland :aah: And I believe it when I see it, lol! They are really nice at Swatch every time I talk to them though.

There's only one coming to Finland :aah: And I believe it when I see it, lol! They are really nice at Swatch every time I talk to them though.

Yes I'll believe it when I see it too. I have a feeling they are hoarding all these watches for the signings and will only ship them if there are some left. :huh:

I was at Swatch yesterday trying to nail them down about whether I'm getting a limited edition version or not. There are only 8 coming to Canada. :aah:

Anyway one of the clerks told me that even the blue one is a limited run so I suspect that they are not going to be restocking them.

Maybe the crazy demand for these watches will prompt them to create some of the other designs he was working on in the future.

8? wow they don't have much faith in Canada :blink:

Swatch underestimated us Mika fans :wags_finger: perhaps they should've had one site for everyone to order from instead of divvying up the limited edition watches by country :sneaky2:

I am very lucky to have both watches :) I bought the limited one in Holland, well my mom did for me. First it was sold out, but they mailed me back later saying they might have one. I haven't seen the box in real yet. Because I'm in London my mom only took the watch with her, the box was too big and heavy.

An a few days ago she surprised me on my birthday with the other watch :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Got right on it & ordered myself one.

Represent MIKA!

What-you-have-been-chasing-after_swatch-blog-single.jpg

Came to my doorstep very quickly.

Received it (the blue MIKA-designed watch) this afternoon.

Looks like it's a good thing I didn't waste any time ordering it.

Seems it was shipped from NJ. Free delivery; very well packed.

[JUST like the MIKA COKE stuff, I had to have for myself.]

Edited by A. Clay

I have Kukulakuku, I picked it up at a shop. But today I was looking into getting a Kukulakuki. No harm in tryin, right?

They have my running in circles though. :sneaky2:

San Francisco Swatch said the only shop to get the limited edition in the area is in San Jose. I already put my name on the list over a week ago at that store for a watch but I called again. They said they don't have a Kukulakuki only Kukulakuku. But if they have the non limited watch why haven't they called me? Well I guess they were trying to get me the limited one to begin with. So now i guess its just a waiting game, see if they were able to get one.

No biggie if I don get one. I love the blue one I have but I needed to atleast try.

In "¡Hola!", a Spanish magazine:

http://www.hola.com/moda/joyas/2013112068229/mika-disenador-relojes-swatch/

El cantante Mika, diseñador de relojes

La polifacética estrella del ‘pop’ imprime toda su creatividad en una colaboración con la firma Swatch

Sus canciones revolucionan las pistas de baile en los últimos años. Letras optimistas, ritmos pegadizos y estilos muy cautivadores. Mika ha sabido cómo triunfar en la música. También su estilo cautiva. Fan de las chaquetas entalladas, las pajaritas o corbatas estrechas, los pantalones pitillo y las deportivas de llamativos colores y estampados, el cantante de origen libanés sigue la moda y ha hecho de su imagen un ejemplo a seguir.

mika-estilo-1-z.jpg

No es de extrañar que haya cautivado a diferentes firmas de moda. De hecho, este año, Mika fichó por Swatch para colaborar en los festejos del 30º aniversario de la marca suiza de relojes. Conciertos, diseños de la marca en su muñeca en vídeos y conciertos… y, ahora, da un paso más y se lanza al mundo del diseño.

Sí, así es. Mika ha materializado toda su creatividad en la elaboración de dos relojes, bautizados bajo los nombres de Kukulakuki y Kukulakuku. Dos creaciones que se caracterizan por sus estampados de estilo tribal inspirados en Marruecos, Túnez, África y Oceanía, y con esferas que simulan máscaras africanas.

mika-swatch-reloj-1-z.jpg

By the way, Kukulakuku is available at my city's Swatch store.

In "¡Hola!", a Spanish magazine:

http://www.hola.com/moda/joyas/2013112068229/mika-disenador-relojes-swatch/

El cantante Mika, diseñador de relojes

La polifacética estrella del ‘pop’ imprime toda su creatividad en una colaboración con la firma Swatch

Sus canciones revolucionan las pistas de baile en los últimos años. Letras optimistas, ritmos pegadizos y estilos muy cautivadores. Mika ha sabido cómo triunfar en la música. También su estilo cautiva. Fan de las chaquetas entalladas, las pajaritas o corbatas estrechas, los pantalones pitillo y las deportivas de llamativos colores y estampados, el cantante de origen libanés sigue la moda y ha hecho de su imagen un ejemplo a seguir.

mika-estilo-1-z.jpg

No es de extrañar que haya cautivado a diferentes firmas de moda. De hecho, este año, Mika fichó por Swatch para colaborar en los festejos del 30º aniversario de la marca suiza de relojes. Conciertos, diseños de la marca en su muñeca en vídeos y conciertos… y, ahora, da un paso más y se lanza al mundo del diseño.

Sí, así es. Mika ha materializado toda su creatividad en la elaboración de dos relojes, bautizados bajo los nombres de Kukulakuki y Kukulakuku. Dos creaciones que se caracterizan por sus estampados de estilo tribal inspirados en Marruecos, Túnez, África y Oceanía, y con esferas que simulan máscaras africanas.

mika-swatch-reloj-1-z.jpg

By the way, Kukulakuku is available at my city's Swatch store.

I don't have Swatch store in my town but I found one store in another town that I could call on the phone and a lady who works there offered to ship it to me after I sent a check to her, she said she had three ...so I've sent the check this morning and I'm waiting to get my blue treasure in the mailbox now :biggrin2:

Today two Kukulakuki are on Ebay, one for 499 Euro ( it´s the same which was on last week for 249 Euro then put off and put on for 399 Euro then put off and now on for 499 Euro ) from Italy and one for 500 Euro which is signed by Mika from France. I think it´s interesting to watch how much they will be worth...... but I never would sell mine never never never.

I don't have Swatch store in my town but I found one store in another town that I could call on the phone and a lady who works there offered to ship it to me after I sent a check to her, she said she had three ...so I've sent the check this morning and I'm waiting to get my blue treasure in the mailbox now :biggrin2:

That's great! :thumb_yello:

Today two Kukulakuki are on Ebay, one for 499 Euro ( it´s the same which was on last week for 249 Euro then put off and put on for 399 Euro then put off and now on for 499 Euro ) from Italy and one for 500 Euro which is signed by Mika from France. I think it´s interesting to watch how much they will be worth...... but I never would sell mine never never never.

i don't know where you find them. :blink: i just looked on ebay but it only showed me the blue one. :dunno:

no results. :aah: maybe it's my tablet. :dunno: well, whatever, i didn't plan to buy it for 500€ anyway, was just curious. :teehee:

edit: ah now i got it! :doh: had to change to the classical website view, seems it showed me the mobile site on my tablet. thanks!

Edited by mellody

The watches are in Canada now. There are only 8 of them and fortunately I was #1 on the list :whew:

4 of them went to my store and there are about 20 people on the waiting list for them. Another 2 have gone to a different Toronto store. So that only leaves 2 watches for the rest of Canada.

The store told me they are in the US now but some fans are saying no, so I'm not sure what the situation is in the US. :dunno:

The watches (only the blue one I think) will arrive next month to Israel in a limited amount... And the price is still unknown. Meanwhile there is a huge waiting list for it, I'm lost :aah:

They told me mine would arrive the first week of December too so it sounds like they are shipping them earlier.

it makes me angry that people are selling the limited watch on ebay when us the real fans can't even have one!

People make a business of buying stuff that they believe will sell for a profit, then selling the item on Ebay. It's just the way it is. It's actually flattering, for Mika, that they believe his watches will sell for a profit, and they are doing

The ONE for Norway has arrived - today I got both the message and photo - it has no 111 of 999, and it's already on it's way to my adr.:thumb_yello:

Very excited to get it soon ...:teehee:

Love,love

me