MIKA's New Swatch Collection

dcdeb

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for telling! :thumb_yello:

thanks Lu ;*

You're welcome :thumb_yello:

I've to see if I can create a fake page of journal with the whole column and pics so that it is all together and there is no risk that it may be lost. I think that pdf could be the right solution

No, I don't think it was ever posted :shocked: Thank you, Lucrezia :huglove:

I like this quote: "Life’s a lot easier when you hide behind a mask. As long as you make it yourself !” :naughty:

+1 :thumb_yello: Grazie mille from me too Lucrezia!! :huglove:

I totally agree about your quote re.the mask - I was just about to do it myself! :wink2: I love this whole art. - it's super! :blush-anim-cl: I will print it, and put it in my yellow paperbox - to save it forever... :wub2:

Love,love

me

Have you ever read this long interview of Mika that Swatch published on its magazine?

http://www.swatch.com/it_it/explore/the-swatch-eye/20131115-mika/mika-page-1

The interview is interesting and there are nice pics on it :wink2:

Absolutely love this article!! First of all it shows the creative process which is something truly fascinating! I find it so exciting to read about how the watches were designed and I absolutely appreciate the story of the boys discovering the totem. Wish we could see in detail all those illustrations about that story!

It's also wonderful to read about how much he cares about having creative freedom and an end result with a quality and beautiful product. And yes without a doubt the end result of his projects like this one with swatch is always special and proves exactly that:wub2:

Totally agree with what he said about everyday objects who look normal but make you feel different. Designs like P.Starck's toothbrush add a little magic touch to a boring every day object that would have otherwise been overlooked. I mean a toothbrush that reminds you of a quill, how cool it that! And oh yes those Japanese stationary shops are quite amazing. It's been a while now that I've been a bit obsessed with their washi tape designs!

Such a beautiful article/interview! Thanks for posting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

SWATCH PRIVATE GIG at Palais de Tokyo, Paris.

Swatch Scuba Libre : un lancement en fanfare avec Mika

Par The Watch Observer, le 26 mai 2014

http://www.thewatchobserver.fr/actualite/swatch-scuba-libre-un-lancement-en-fanfare-avec-mika-538#.U4nTnyjev8d

"Fidèle ami de la marque, le chanteur Mika a donné un concert privé à Paris pour accompagner le lancement des nouvelles montres Swatch Scuba Libre. Une occasion de découvrir ces nouveautés estivales."

Afin de célébrer en fanfare le lancement attendu de ces nouvelles Scuba Libre, Swatch et Mika se sont une nouvelle fois associés le temps d'un concert privé au Yoyo (Palais de Tokyo) qui a réuni quelque 300 invités (clients et journalistes) autour de l'artiste - une prestation généreuse et euphorisante, à l'image du chanteur et de la marque !

14311586784_f5d82d43a8_o.jpg

14289034126_06ae04c42e_o.jpg

14125532299_4265b43612_b.jpg

SWATCH PRIVATE GIG at Palais de Tokyo, Paris.

Swatch Scuba Libre : un lancement en fanfare avec Mika

Par The Watch Observer, le 26 mai 2014

http://www.thewatchobserver.fr/actualite/swatch-scuba-libre-un-lancement-en-fanfare-avec-mika-538#.U4nTnyjev8d

"Fidèle ami de la marque, le chanteur Mika a donné un concert privé à Paris pour accompagner le lancement des nouvelles montres Swatch Scuba Libre. Une occasion de découvrir ces nouveautés estivales."

Afin de célébrer en fanfare le lancement attendu de ces nouvelles Scuba Libre, Swatch et Mika se sont une nouvelle fois associés le temps d'un concert privé au Yoyo (Palais de Tokyo) qui a réuni quelque 300 invités (clients et journalistes) autour de l'artiste - une prestation généreuse et euphorisante, à l'image du chanteur et de la marque !

Translation:

"Faithful friend of the brand, Mika gave a private concert in Paris to launch the new Swatch Scuba Libre collection. An opportunity to discover the new summer line."

To celebrate with a bang the new Scuba Libre watches, Mika and Swatch were again associated with a private concert Yoyo (Palais de Tokyo). 300 guests attended (customers and journalists) the exhilarating performance which has become the singer's trademark.

The more I see that suit, the more it looks like the curtains the Van Trapp children wore for playing out in :naughty:

It's that "large family" effect. Eventually, you WILL be wearing the drapes! :wink2:

The more I see that suit, the more it looks like the curtains the Van Trapp children wore for playing out in :naughty:

:naughty:

I was just about to post that it looks like Julie Andrews got her hands on the curtains again.