MIKA's New Swatch Collection

dcdeb

• 2 months later...
VIDEO

"Le plus grand luxe, c'est la liberté"

[YOUTUBE]druthMOnUQ0[/YOUTUBE]

:bow: could anyone translate please ?

This is a longer version of the above‐mentioned video.

Interview de Mika au 30 ans de Swatch - Nec plus Ultra

[YOUTUBE]PscMPbdFlhs[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks a lot Anne. the long version please.
:huglove:

Done :naughty:

Are you the same age as Swatch?

Well yes, I was born in 1983 but it took nine months to make me and twenty years to make Swatch, so it's different.

I like the brand and those watches. Before, I used to buy white watches and draw on them with little pens. As any French kid I had a flick flack watch to learn how to read time, but I found out I couldn't read time. No one knew why then but I'm dyslexic. I have many watches but I can't read them. I like the object in itself. I see its color , its plastic, things like that.

I think this collaboration with Swatch is great. It's truly in the spirit of what me and my sister always try to do. We don't look for images to glue on an objet . That is not inspiring at all. We try to do multi dimentional things with technology and a story, something that moves in several directions, I think this is the future of design, interactivity.

An object can be very simple but thanks to technology and interaction it can become something else or something very personal, made for us.

For me there's always a story. So when you look at the watch you see all those little clues and the characters, but there's always a story behind it. It's the same with my songs and everything else we do. Every little detail means something. And that is important.

The story behind my watch is this one:

My watch is a totem pole . I took my watch and drew it like a totem pole. It is very tribal and this is the story behind it.

The totem pole came down from space and came down on this landscape with UFOs and with extra terrestrials who wear no clothes. And they are looking at the totem pole. It's a bit as in Avatar, but Avatar meets Tintin.

The watch comes down , all the extra terrestrial inhabitants on this island watch it and they don't know what it is. And the totem pole , the watch becomes their leader, their religion,everything; and I've had lots of fun with this idea, of course it's crazy, it's a joke, but it gave me visual references, a universe filled with colors, the leaves, the teeth on the totem pole face.

"It protects doesn't it?"

Yes , that's exactly it, it protects, the idea is that when you wear this watch, it's a magical object, it can protect you like a fetish in the indian culture in the USA.

I love the aesthetic, the faces and the emotion you can find in fetiches.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Done :naughty:

Are you the same age as Swatch?

Well yes, I was born in 1983 but it took nine months to make me and twenty years to make Swatch, so it's different.

I like the brand and those watches. Before, I used to buy white watches and draw on them with little pens. As any French kid I had a flick flack watch to learn how to read time, but I found out I couldn't read time. No one knew why then but I'm dyslexic. I have many watches but I can't read them. I like the object in itself. I see its color , its plastic, things like that.

I think this collaboration with Swatch is great. It's truly in the spirit of what me and my sister always try to do. We don't look for images to glue on an objet . That is not inspiring at all. We try to do multidimentional things with technology and a story, something that moves in several directions, I think this is the future of design, interactivity.

An object can be very simple but thanks to technology and interraction it can become something else or something very personal, made for us.

For me there's always a story. So when you look at the watch you see all those little clues and the caracters, but there's always a story behind it. It's the same with my songs and everything else we do. Every little detail means something. And that is important.

The story behing my watch is this one:

My watch is a totem pole . I took my watch and drew it like a totem pole. It is very tribal and this is the story behind it.

The totem pole came down from space and came down on this landcape with UFOs and with extra terrestrials who wear no clothers. And they are looking at the totel pole. It's a bit as in Avatar, but Avatar meets Tintin.

The watch comes down , all the extra terrestrial inhabitants on this iwatch it and they don't know what it is. And the totem pole , the watch becomes their leader, their religion,everything; and I've had lots of fun with this idea, of course it's crazy, it's a joke, but it gave me visual references, a univers filled with colors, the leaves, the teeth on the totem pole face.

"It protects doesn't it?"

Yes , that's exactly it, it protects, the idea is that when you wear this watch, it's a magical object, it can protect you like a fetish in the indian culture in the USA.

I love the aesthetic, the faces and the emotion you can find in fetiches.

MERCI - this is great Anne !! :huglove: I think I'll wear my yellow MIKA watch more regularly, and with even more pride! :blush-anim-cl:: "A magical object, which protects" - I think I might need it...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Thanks a lot !!! this interview is very interesting as always !!:flowers2:

I love "The totem pole Story" !! :wub2:

MERCI - this is great Anne !! :huglove: I think I'll wear my yellow MIKA watch more regularly, and with even more pride! :blush-anim-cl:: "A magical object, which protects" - I think I might need it...:teehee:

Love,love

me

You're very welcome girls :huglove:

I love the story too :wub2:

Thanks a lot Eriko for finding this video :flowers2:

Finally, an OFFICIAL video is uploaded to VIMEO ! :mikalove:

but it's too short !!!!

Swatch Mika - Yoyo - Paris 2014 ( HD )

491939864_960.jpg

SWATCH PRIVATE GIG at Palais de Tokyo, Paris.

Swatch Scuba Libre : un lancement en fanfare avec Mika

Par The Watch Observer, le 26 mai 2014

http://www.thewatchobserver.fr/actualite/swatch-scuba-libre-un-lancement-en-fanfare-avec-mika-538#.U4nTnyjev8d

"Fidèle ami de la marque, le chanteur Mika a donné un concert privé à Paris pour accompagner le lancement des nouvelles montres Swatch Scuba Libre. Une occasion de découvrir ces nouveautés estivales."

Afin de célébrer en fanfare le lancement attendu de ces nouvelles Scuba Libre, Swatch et Mika se sont une nouvelle fois associés le temps d'un concert privé au Yoyo (Palais de Tokyo) qui a réuni quelque 300 invités (clients et journalistes) autour de l'artiste - une prestation généreuse et euphorisante, à l'image du chanteur et de la marque !

14311586784_f5d82d43a8_o.jpg

14289034126_06ae04c42e_o.jpg

14125532299_4265b43612_b.jpg

Translation:

"Faithful friend of the brand, Mika gave a private concert in Paris to launch the new Swatch Scuba Libre collection. An opportunity to discover the new summer line."

To celebrate with a bang the new Scuba Libre watches, Mika and Swatch were again associated with a private concert Yoyo (Palais de Tokyo). 300 guests attended (customers and journalists) the exhilarating performance which has become the singer's trademark.

:naughty:

1zx5rg2.jpg

This is a longer version of the above‐mentioned video.

Interview de Mika au 30 ans de Swatch - Nec plus Ultra

[YOUTUBE]PscMPbdFlhs[/YOUTUBE]

Great interview! Love that he mentioned the totem story! I think it's fascinating and it makes the watch designs even more special! :wub2: Wish somehow there were a comics or illustrations with that story.

And what a brilliant idea to get a white watch and make your own designs! Amazing!!

Finally, an OFFICIAL video is uploaded to VIMEO ! :mikalove:

but it's too short !!!!

Swatch Mika - Yoyo - Paris 2014 ( HD )

491939864_960.jpg

Love this! Wish they post more vids from this gig.

• 2 months later...

Art & Assembly studio

http://artandassemblystudio.com

02/2014

Swatch concept drawings

Leading up to the final sculptures there were many many concepts.

http://artandassemblystudio.com/concept-drawings-for-the-swatch-masks/

16191992516_12d410e090_o.jpg

16030518390_97c1099ea9_o.jpg

16216002411_2b770f8ca1_o.jpg

16030365218_62f46b9827_o.jpg

16031768359_23122643c8_o.jpg

Are these sketches made by Mika, do you know Eriko?

• 4 weeks later...
This webpage has been deleted. Did anyone save this interview?

Here's the column that I made with all the pics, you can save it or print it if you want :wink2: It's in PDF

http://www.sendspace.com/file/767qh2

and the link above is not longer working, help super mfcers...

• 11 months later...

SWATCH sent out a link today to a short film they've made called "Swatch & Art: A Love Story."

http://www.swatch.com/en/swatch-tv/4687170714001

Mika features at 3:43 -- there are a few clips from the video he did about his watch at the time. I was hoping that they might have something about his future project with Swatch, but nope. :(

Anyhow, the film is still of interest -- mostly about the Biennale, a bit about the Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai.

• Like 7

SWATCH sent out a link today to a short film they've made called "Swatch & Art: A Love Story."

Mika features at 3:43 -- there are a few clips from the video he did about his watch at the time. I was hoping that they might have something about his future project with Swatch, but nope. :(

Anyhow, the film is still of interest -- mostly about the Biennale, a bit about the Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai.

:thumb_yello: Thank you Deb - nice to watch!  :wub: And now I use this opportunity to tell you  something I haven't told here on MFC earlier: I'm the happy and proud owner of the only Yellow Swatch Watch, delivered to Norway, on my request to a Swatch shop: No. 111 :teehee:   I use it very seldom, but always when I'm going to a MIKA gig, which isn't so often, unfortunately.  Anyway, I wore it in Montreal, and also in London :wink2: And that's where it happened:  When we should enter Hyde Park 21st June, for the British Summer Time Festival,  I wore a blouse which made my watch visible  :) The lady, who looked at the tics, noticed it and said: "What a lovely watch!!"  And I could proudly answer: "Yes, it is - and it's designed by MIKA!! :wub:  She made  really big eyes :shocked:  and answered: "OH REALLY - it's beautiful !!"   :) Needless to say, it was the best start for my MIKA event - in front of  Great Oak Stage... :fisch: 

Love, love

me    

• Like 6

I was hoping this would be news of his new design :no: