MIKA's New Swatch Collection

dcdeb

I was hoping this would be news of his new design :no:

:) I was very curious about the new design, when it was told about here, but as we didn't hear anymore, I forgot it.  Maybe I'm too pleased with what I've got already... :naughty:  

Love, love

me 

:thumb_yello: Thank you Deb - nice to watch! :wub: And now I use this opportunity to tell you something I haven't told here on MFC earlier: I'm the happy and proud owner of the only Yellow Swatch Watch, delivered to Norway, on my request to a Swatch shop: No. 111 :teehee: I use it very seldom, but always when I'm going to a MIKA gig, which isn't so often, unfortunately. Anyway, I wore it in Montreal, and also in London :wink2: And that's where it happened: When we should enter Hyde Park 21st June, for the British Summer Time Festival, I wore a blouse which made my watch visible :) The lady, who looked at the tics, noticed it and said: "What a lovely watch!!" And I could proudly answer: "Yes, it is - and it's designed by MIKA!! :wub: She made really big eyes :shocked: and answered: "OH REALLY - it's beautiful !!" :) Needless to say, it was the best start for my MIKA event - in front of Great Oak Stage... :fisch:

Love, love

me

Love your story :D

• Like 1

Love your story :D

:) Thank you Catherine!  :hug: I was also very pleased that my husband was by my side when this happened, so he both saw and heard it himself - because he thinks that my MIKA designed Swatch looks a bit "childish".. :teehee:  :naughty: 

Love, love

me.   

• Like 1

SWATCH sent out a link today to a short film they've made called "Swatch & Art: A Love Story."

http://www.swatch.com/en/swatch-tv/4687170714001

Mika features at 3:43 -- there are a few clips from the video he did about his watch at the time. I was hoping that they might have something about his future project with Swatch, but nope. :(

Anyhow, the film is still of interest -- mostly about the Biennale, a bit about the Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai.

YouTube

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd quote this here:

MIKA official@mikasounds 5m5 minutes ago

At our desk with prototypes @swatch #Mumu #Milan https://www.instagram.com/p/BEL0EN9TiNb/

12976381_1552544251706757_789203974_n.jp

MIKA official@mikasounds 9m9 minutes ago

Shooting at my apartment in Milan for new Swatch Watch designed by my sister Yasmine and I.… https://www.instagram.com/p/BELz3MSziM7/

12479085_1080996481960659_622369198_n.jp

The watch looks pretty, from what I can see - I think I might even like it more than the last ones. But I hope they're not seriously calling it Mumu, because in German this is a word for something very very different... :aah:

• Like 1

Thought I'd quote this here:

The watch looks pretty, from what I can see - I think I might even like it more than the last ones. But I hope they're not seriously calling it Mumu, because in German this is a word for something very very different... :aah:

In Russian classic literature, this is the name of a famous little dog, who was drowned by his numb serf owner. Not the best name for the watch of a man who loves dogs  :doh:

In Russian classic literature, this is the name of a famous little dog, who was drowned by his numb serf owner. Not the best name for the watch of a man who loves dogs  :doh:

In Italy Mumu is a rapper cow created for a TV commercial of a pudding for children :teehee: 

Question for USA speakers: In American, does Mumu means a camisole of Hawaiian style or I dreamed about it :doh: ?

• Like 2

In Italy Mumu is a rapper cow created for a TV commercial of a pudding for children :teehee:

Question for USA speakers: In American, does Mumu means a camisole of Hawaiian style or I dreamed about it :doh: ?

In Japan, "Mumu" means Hawaiian dresses like this. :naughty:

attachicon.gifKing-Size_Homer_(Promo_Picture)_2.jpg

Same in the US, and hilariously, there was just a jeopardy question about this on my tv as I was reading this thread :aah:

• Like 2

In Japan, "Mumu" means Hawaiian dresses like this. :naughty:

attachicon.gifKing-Size_Homer_(Promo_Picture)_2.jpg

Nice. That makes sense then. Guess the watch is just not meant for the german market. At least not under that name. In german it's another word for women's private parts. :doh: (tho it might sell well *because* of that, who knows... :aah:)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be some chatter on Twitter about this watch being released 20th May?

yes, there is an article about that here in French http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/1946101d-520c-4bb0-a501-bebb16a38a92|_0.html

J’adore travailler avec les artistes. Ils posent des questions et nous font réfléchir de manière différente. Ils nous poussent à faire des choses qu’on n’avait jamais imaginées ! Il y a le chanteur Mika qui est proche de Swatch dans sa personnalité, car il est très coloré, humain et optimiste. Sa nouvelle montre [conçue avec sa sœur Yasmine] sera d’ailleurs lancée le 20 mai prochain.

Swatch loves to work with artists. They ask questions and make them think a different way. They make them do things they wouldn't have imagined! There is the singer Mika, close to Swatch in his personality because he's colorful, human and optimistic. His new watch (created with his sister Yasmine) will be out the 20th of May.

• Like 2

yes, there is an article about that here in French http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/1946101d-520c-4bb0-a501-bebb16a38a92|_0.html

Swatch loves to work with artists. They ask questions and make them think a different way. They make them do things they wouldn't have imagined! There is the singer Mika, close to Swatch in his personality because he's colorful, human and optimistic. His new watch (created with his sister Yasmine) will be out the 20th of May.

Thanks for that.

I wonder if he will do any signings this time?

• Like 1

It would be nice to get some official word from Swatch.

• Like 4

Hello everyone, I can confirm that Mika's collection will be out on 26.05.16  :cheer:

I received the email from swatch and they said this:

We have now received confirmation that the Mika collection will launch worldwide on 26.05.16.

There will be an event on 20/05 with stock available in Lissabon.

Kind regards,

So Portugal fans, there will be an event and you guys can get it on the 20th!! Everyone else, we can get our hands on it soon!  :thumb_yello:

• Like 7

Hello everyone, I can confirm that Mika's collection will be out on 26.05.16  :cheer:

We have now received confirmation that the Mika collection will launch worldwide on 26.05.16.

Kind regards,

So Portugal fans, there will be an event and you guys can get it on the 20th!! Everyone else, we can get our hands on it soon!  :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:  Thanks for telling - this's great!!  :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 2

Kind regards,

That is the day of the Lisbon show could be tricky for those going to it, to get to the Swatch event . 

Kind regards,

That is the day of the Lisbon show could be tricky for those going to it, to get to the Swatch event . 

Ahh so that's why he made an event on that day for Lisbon

Hopefully after his show, he does this event and perhaps at the Lisbon arena, he will put up posters informing people of the event so that most people can attend. I think Mika will be at the event to cut the ribbon as its the showcase of the watch, so I hope all can attend!