2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

I didn't read that much negativity. It seems like most enjoyed themselves and had a positive experience.

Pointing out that a few people suffer from the "follow Mika like a puppy" syndrome is not necessarily bad. Sometimes they don't realize they are doing it until you point it out. It could have a positive effect in the end. :blush-anim-cl:

like i said, i'm all for pointing it out. just personally i felt bothered by the way it was done by some, i found some of it very negative, accusing, questioning not only people's behaviour in that particular situation, but their whole personality. but maybe i'm just oversensitive. :teehee:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

like i said, i'm all for pointing it out. just personally i felt bothered by the way it was done by some, i found some of it very negative, accusing, questioning not only people's behaviour in that particular situation, but their whole personality. but maybe i'm just oversensitive. :teehee:

:naughty: i think you are oversensitive in this case.... it's ok, you have your reasons :huglove:

The only negative/uncalled comments were on twitter. And they shall remain on twitter.

I will not have it here without consequences.

Edited by guylainem123

I don't think it was MFCers crowding Mika so much as the non-MFCers who were also there - it wasn't a restricted party. So I don't think you can "blame" people for their behaviour, they just didn't know that if they kept back Mika would be more likely to circulate and chat.

I still don't think he was intending to stay for any great length of time anyway.

As always at a Mika event, some people have a fantastic experience and some people feel they have missed out. Swings and roundabouts.

of course he shouldn't accept it, but i'm sure bitching here about these fans won't make a difference, except that it might make some people feel bad who don't have a reason to, and that it adds a negative feeling to this thread, imo. nothing wrong with addressing it of course, it happened, and it was wrong. but all this negativity here over several pages (not just by you of course!) will in the worst case keep the fans who got carried away a bit by mika's presence from joining mfc... and if they sit with us at the table the next time, we have a much better chance of telling them (in a nice way) what the best option is in this situation. :wink2:

obviously it's NOT clear for everyone that the same rules can apply to meeting your fave star as for meeting a random stranger. being in the presence of someone famous is an unusual situation for many people - not everyone is able to completely ignore the fact that someone is famous. i notice it for myself that i simply can't stay as calm as i would if it was any random stranger. and i'm not just talking about mika, he's a special case for me anyway because i like him and i've met him so often, but about random famous people i get to see or meet when i'm working at concerts and vip events. usually i just get nervous but don't show it, but if i have to talk/interact with the famous person, i notice that i do behave differently than i usually would, maybe due to the nervousness. i want to be all calm and cool, but i can't help it that despite trying to act completely professional, i still quite often have the feeling i'm making a fool of myself in some way, and if just by blushing when that person talks to me. :doh: and if you are a fan and want to talk with your fave star, it's different again, but definitely an unusual situation where you might not act like you normally would, even if you want to. so while i'm all for telling those fans in a nice and polite way that it would help everyone more if they stayed in their places, i don't think that basically telling them they're bad people will help making any positive changes. :wink2:

I by no means implied that anyone was a bad person for mobbing him. I just think the behaviour is not cool and uncalled for especially since everybody had already met him at the signing. I'm just an advocate for personal space and as you know I am not someone who is politically correct when voicing my opinions but I just say it how I feel it. I don't see a bad vibe in the thread as everyone who said something about the mobbing also commented that it was lovely and kind and wonderful. But you know, that's what a discussion forum is for, to discuss things and as this is a common issue, people will always talk about this.

I don't think it was MFCers crowding Mika so much as the non-MFCers who were also there - it wasn't a restricted party. So I don't think you can "blame" people for their behaviour, they just didn't know that if they kept back Mika would be more likely to circulate and chat.

Yeah but, you know it might just be me, but I don't see this as normal behaviour. Don't treat others the way you don't want to be treated no matter if your intentions are good etc. But then again, I am never really star-struck because even though I might find an artist inspiring and fantastic, I still see them as a normal human being who poops just like we all do. :teehee:

Yeah but, you know it might just be me, but I don't see this as normal behaviour. Don't treat others the way you don't want to be treated no matter if your intentions are good etc. But then again, I am never really star-struck because even though I might find an artist inspiring and fantastic, I still see them as a normal human being who poops just like we all do. :teehee:

You made my day ! :aah:

You made my day ! :aah:

It's true though:naughty:. I know that Katy Perry, who is the biggest popstar right now, is very uncomfortable with crazy fan behaviour and people telling her that she saved their lives. She's just Katy who happens to be very famous. You won't see her getting mobbed though as she immediately puts a stop to that (and having bodyguards help). Mika is just way too polite to demand his space:naughty:.

You shut up coz you were the only one enjoying his sausages...:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks everyone for your reports and pics...

As you may have guessed everyone of us would have liked to be there, and this is a way of sortof being there with you all...

Thanks Debbita and other mods (yes u too Robi, besides the padellone threaths) for making this possible...

But i would never dream to read posts by "real fans" saying Mika's sausage sucks!!!:lmfao:

Sharon said she quite liked them too :naughty:

That's what my first meeting was like. I didn't ask for an autograph and we only had photos taken after the meeting was over so he had a chance to just chat to everyone with no interruptions. One of my friends (sariflor actually!) was there and she'd met Mika several times and had a great rapport with him so she kept the conversation going while he stayed and talked with us for a good 15 or 20 minutes.

This works so much better than filing past in a queue because the ones who are a bit shy or who Mika doesn't "know" still get the chance to feel involved in a long conversation with him. But the only way this can happen is if no one crowds around him. Not one single person. Because as soon as one or two people start crowding him everyone starts to panic and even people who don't want to mob him will often jump in out of desperation to get a word in before he leaves.

Don't worry about that. If fans had their way Mika would do 3-hour meet and greets after every gig. But he sets his own limits. :naughty:

That's exactly what happened to me in New York and i'm never doing it again :no::aah:

I'll rather prefer 15 minutes being involved in a little chat within a group of people I price, then 2 minutes on my own. I don't think I would ever say something interesting to him, so I prefer to take advantage of someone else's social skills :naughty:

Maybe in a ten years I'll change my mind about that... :doh:

Same here, I'm more likely to be calmer and less shy too which is always useful :teehee:

You shut up coz you were the only one enjoying his sausages...:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks everyone for your reports and pics...

As you may have guessed everyone of us would have liked to be there, and this is a way of sortof being there with you all...

Thanks Debbita and other mods (yes u too Robi, besides the padellone threaths) for making this possible...

But i would never dream to read posts by "real fans" saying Mika's sausage sucks!!!:lmfao:

Mika himself said so :mikasweat: so it was probably true :teehee:

But that doesn't matter , we all agree on the fact that we love his tool :blush-anim-cl:

It's good to see you back Wonkita :wub2:

We could use a :monkeykiss: smiley here :naughty:

I still don't think he was intending to stay for any great length of time anyway.

As always at a Mika event, some people have a fantastic experience and some people feel they have missed out. Swings and roundabouts.

I've got to agree with Silver here. And I still think it's inevitable that when some people meet him the excitement takes over and that's why they gathered around him. And most of those who did were young and new fans. They didn't know that if they sat down he would come to each table. I don't think they were being rude or disrespectful.

I didn't read that much negativity. It seems like most enjoyed themselves and had a positive experience.

Pointing out that a few people suffer from the "follow Mika like a puppy" syndrome is not necessarily bad. Sometimes they don't realize they are doing it until you point it out. It could have a positive effect in the end. :blush-anim-cl:

"Follow Mika like a puppy" is such a cute way to put it :blush-anim-cl:

I almost found myself wanting to do that when he turned around and followed him but from a distance , it was my first time seing him from so close, so I was like a bug attracted to the light :teehee: I just had to turn my head to where he was :hypo: I didn't mop I just tried to keep seing him :wub2:

He was going from one fan to another with a word for everyone and he took the time to sign lots of things for fans too.

He was really so sweet as everyone who has met him had told me before but when it was time for him to go he went and everyone said bye bye and thank you . Everyone was calm and so happy he had gotten out of his van to spend a few minutes with us :wub2: I don't know about other singers, but Mika really cares about his fans :wub2:

EDIT: That was in July but what you wrote reminded me of it :mikalove:

Sorry if I'm a bit :offtopic:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I've got to agree with Silver here. And I still think it's inevitable that when some people meet him the excitement takes over and that's why they gathered around him. And most of those who did were young and new fans. They didn't know that if they sat down he would come to each table. I don't think they were being rude or disrespectful.

Seeing as some of them were sitting at the table beside ours and nearly barged me and Kath out of the way to get through, I beg to differ.

Nothing wrong with youthful exuberance, but manners costs nothing.

The pooping comment oh my :lmfao:

I am not judging anyone, I am just advising that this strategy does not work. And I think it IS a strategy, not ignorance or nerves. People know how to behave, they just decide that getting close to Mika is more important than observing social rules. That's why being part of a club and having these discussions alters people's behaviour. There were plenty of MFCers involved in the Brixton mobbing. There were plenty of MFCers involved in queue jumping, etc. in the early days. But when people make it clear this is not acceptable most people learn that they will get farther if they cooperate instead of pursuing their own interests to the exclusion of everyone around them.

But that doesn't matter , we all agree on the fact that we love his tool :blush-anim-cl:

:huglove:

The pooping comment oh my :lmfao:

I am not judging anyone, I am just advising that this strategy does not work. And I think it IS a strategy, not ignorance or nerves. People know how to behave, they just decide that getting close to Mika is more important than observing social rules. That's why being part of a club and having these discussions alters people's behaviour. There were plenty of MFCers involved in the Brixton mobbing. There were plenty of MFCers involved in queue jumping, etc. in the early days. But when people make it clear this is not acceptable most people learn that they will get farther if they cooperate instead of pursuing their own interests to the exclusion of everyone around them.

Others misbehave and get it all, while us suckers who has always behaved get nothing...

I think i'll become a bad fan and sit on his lap the next time i see him...:mf_rosetinted:

And even try to touch his curlz...:mf_rosetinted:

Or an even daring thing: touching his butt!!!:mikadas:

I guess after 10 gigs and having not taken a pic with him yet i deserve it...:mf_rosetinted:

THAT IF he comes here again soon...:mikacool:

:huglove:

Others misbehave and get it all, while us suckers who has always behaved get nothing...

I think i'll become a bad fan and sit on his lap the next time i see him...:mf_rosetinted:

And even try to touch his curlz...:mf_rosetinted:

Or an even daring thing: touching his butt!!!:mikadas:

I guess after 10 gigs and having not taken a pic with him yet i deserve it...:mf_rosetinted:

THAT IF he comes here again soon...:mikacool:

Sometimes if you behave you get lucky, he came over to our table and had a chat with us, which, if the girls who nearly sent my drink flying had waited for, they might have got a proper chat with him too.

1463068_707848435893234_677756196_n.jpg

Hello.

At first, he struggled for identity and the party would attend MIKA to thank you for.

To my France friend letting them were read.

I don't want to leave a lot of controversy again in my writing, only to see them lacking English proficiency.

It seems that there is something wrong understanding of writing short Chronicles.

If you look at these photos you can see that think so.

However, during the conversation with my next was the gesture was a part of. Does not have any intention of

And the thing about photography is that I must admit I was a bit hit.

However, he already would have been ok and I had been waiting for. However, he was about to leave so I had to ask again wearing the knee rudeness. ㅡ.ㅡ

Normally I don't do.

I don't live here anymore. In December, I'm leaving. Give me a last chance, and this gave him if offensive to you and I take this opportunity to apologize.

And this article is written using the translator shall not mislead, even if translated wrong.

i'm afraid you have to go take a cold shower in the Naughty Corner

Get going Missy Moo!!! :sneaky2:

and while you are at it, take Wonka with you! she can mop the floor while you shower!

Sometimes if you behave you get lucky, he came over to our table and had a chat with us, which, if the girls who nearly sent my drink flying had waited for, they might have got a proper chat with him too.

From my experience "daring" fans get much more than us behaving ones...

And from my experience i mean all the gigs i've been to, where people pushed and shoved to reach him and we stayed on the side not to disturb him...

In Coimbra there was even someone who pushed his sweater from the back...:shocked:

And a few totally absorbed him with silly chat letting no else approach...

And let me add they were not even portuguese...

So i guess i'm changing my behaviour next time...No more silly, behaving wonka from now on...

From my experience "daring" fans get much more than us behaving ones...

And from my experience i mean all the gigs i've been to, where people pushed and shoved to reach him and we stayed on the side not to disturb him...

In Coimbra there was even someone who pushed his sweater from the back...:shocked:

And a few totally absorbed him with silly chat letting no else approach...

And let me add they were not even portuguese...

So i guess i'm changing my behaviour next time...No more silly, behaving wonka from now on...

What did those fans get? A pic, a sign on a thing ... ? I want something deeper.... I mean, do you think that a more aggressive behaviour could get you some quality chat with him? I'm just asking, for good, that's not a tricky question.

Well that's where I disagree, at least in the long run. If all you want is to stand close to Mika while he is trying to walk away from you then I guess you are "getting it all". :naughty:

But if you want to have a real conversation with Mika - I have never seen this work. All the people I know of who have had real quality time with him have never mobbed him - ever.