Welcome to the USA thread!!!!

37c898c682b631bf495f481f9c1adb45.jpg

If you are from the United States and would like to talk with others from the US, this is the place for you! Of course, everyone from anywhere in the world is welcome to chat in here as well. Please don’t be shy!

:usa:

Add a note for your state if it’s not already tagged and i'll try to tag it!

If you’d like to be added to the member list, please ask in this thread & i’ll add you:

President Mika Penniman - One American to rule us all

mandilambi - American #1

mel tinydancer - American #2

Hannah - American #3

soon-to-bemrs.penniman - American #4

CartoonKellyGreen - American #5

heineken22 - American #6

findingmywords - American #7

elizabethlovesmika - American #8

purplegrape - American #9

orangepag - American #10

*carrie* - American #11

canderson - American #12

JackViolet - American #13

DaMango - American #14

rilo8913 - American #15

Finkster - American #16

backflip 76 - American #17

my rainbow radio - American #18

lilmot - American #19

natalie923 - American #20

norwalk174 - American #21

xmusicfreakx - American #22

Musicteacher247 - American #23

chartreuse - American #24

Liz - American #25

norwalk174twin - American #26

Carrie - American #27

Cynthia Mulat - American #28

DiLLY181 - American #29

cheeseygoodness - American #30

kjoshi - American #31

mikaluvr - American #32

buttnugget040 - American #33

FetishChick89 - American #34

BrendaLovesMika! - American #35

Mercury Child - American #36

phunkygal - American #37

MIKA OBSESSED - American #38

MIKA&RBDluvr101 - American #39

gracekelly_Mika24 - American #40

HollyD - American #41

TheOnlyLonelyOne - American #42

artsyfartsy17 - American #43

LittleTechieShelina - American #44

Jakethy - American #45

AKateisKate - American #46

NYMommyof3 - American #47

lollipopgirl83 - American #48

A. Clay - American #49

BonjourMika1990 - American #50

Bekka - American #51

mikaholic - American #52

Blackcherryelena - American #53

charlottechristy - American #54

Revica - American #55

girl anachronism - American #56

Candboys - American #57

lovepupbandit - American #58

acyaws - American #59

PhotoJenic - American #60

iheartmika - American #61

cmc1112 - American #62

Belatrix - American #63

lollipoplove - American #64

xxmikaaa - American #65

chelso - American #66

LA Fashionista - American #67

mika-fan1001 - American #68

Quiet One - American #69

Kim - American #70

leonita - American #71

JoPerrin - American #72

The Meyer Twins -American #73

lalalifegoeson - American #74

ArachnidKid - American #75

mikalovernj - American #76

LadyGodiva - American #77

pianogirlsammy - American #78

Ankmet20 - American #79

addicted2Mika - American #80

MikaMeka - American #81

musicfreak - American #82

idasakura13 - American #83

yogabear90 - American #84

OtterFluff - American #85

Ebil - American #86

Luna Live - American #87

NuttyGummy - American #88

blameitonthegirls - American #89

Rawrdom - American #90

bopsterjazz - American #91

That Girl Called Diddy - American #92

Melmo26 - American #93

njloverqoj - American #94

MIKA*lover(: - American #95

Mikasgirl - American #96

cat_loves_mika - American #97

kreacher - American #98

Nicóla Ronaa - American #99

ceebs - American #100

dcdeb - American #101

Pandora_Z - American #102

Guylaine - American #103

moongirl15 - Amercan #104

amyrokz - American #105

Kezza - American #106

foalbaby14 - American #107

yang - American #108

jmariefi - American #109

Ambrosia - American #110

cutiepiemika - American #111

weealx - Honorary American #1

crazyaboutmika - Honorary American #2

macboll - Honorary American #3

Cathouzouf - Honorary American #4

Miss Kristal - Honorary American #5

Christine - Honorary American #6

If you need anything at all please PM me or cat_loves_mika, your friendly US world reps :bye:

the previous American thread can be found here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15763

Edited by kreacher

So i thought to spur conversation we all could post a little bit about ourselves!

i’ll get this thing started….

i’m Dee. i’m from Nebraska, but my heart belongs in Philadelphia. i work at a library and have a cat called Leeloo. i love Mika, books, animals. i’ve seen Mika live 5 times so far. most evenings i can be found in the MFC chatroom if you’re ever bored and want to fangurl about Mika with me or just chat xD

Now it’s your turn! PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES

Please don’t let me be the only one to post about myself

• Like 1

So i thought to spur conversation we all could post a little bit about ourselves!

i’m Dee. i’m from Nebraska, but my heart belongs in Philadelphia. i work at a library and have a cat called Leeloo. i love Mika, books, animals. i’ve seen Mika live 5 times so far. most evenings i can be found in the MFC chatroom if you’re ever bored and want to fangurl about Mika with me or just chat xD

Yes, this is exactly what we do there.. :aah:

Hello :bye: I'm Cat from the kind of lovely state of Michigan. I spend too much of my time watching YouTube, playing video games and fangirling about very attractive British men. :das: I have two cats, Autumn and Fish. I go to boarding school up north (you'd be familiar with the this term if you're Michiganian as well :mf_rosetinted: ) right on Lake Michigan. I'm always up for a nice chat on a thread or in the chat room, so say hi! :pinkbow:

(I also made the patriotic photo above :teehee: )

Edited by cat_loves_mika
  • Like 1

Hello, My Fellow American Mika fans! [and everyone else]

Nicóla Ronaa [#99] is my given name, but you can call me Nikki.

I am also from Nebraska, but I was born and raised in Minnesota.

I have been working in music retail for over 25 years [yes, I'm that old] and I don't know if I could do anything else for a living.

I also love to draw. You can see some of my things here. I will add more as I finish them.

I have been a Mika fan since before he was released in the US. I discovered him through the Brian May website brianmay.com when the guitar god himself defended him against the critics. And you can probably guess, I am a HUGE Queen fan as well.

I have seen Mika twice in concert, but wish I had gone to more shows.

I have also seen Queen in concert. Once in 1982, with Freddie and John, and again in 2006 with Paul Rodgers. I have also seen Brian May in concert in 1992 and met him backstage after.

If you want to chat about anything, I'm open to telling stories or listening to yours.

Hi! Now I know a bit more about yourself and I also love cats and books... and Mika's music :wink2:

Hello :bye: I'm Cat from the kind of lovely state of Michigan. I spend too much of my time watching YouTube, playing video games and fangirling about very attractive British men. :das: I have two cats, Autumn and Fish. I go to boarding school up north (you'd be familiar with the this term if you're Michiganian as well :mf_rosetinted: ) right on Lake Michigan. I'm always up for a nice chat on a thread or in the chat room, so say hi! :pinkbow:

Another cat lover :thumb_yello:

Thanks Nikki for your introduction! Meeting Brian May backstage sounds really great :thumb_yello:

I'm not American but was advised by Dee/ Kreacher and Dcdeb to come and introduce me here. I'm a French fan who'll come to the USA for the first time this Summer. I love cats (my cat's called Miranda. She's 16 1/2), books, watching movies, travelling and going to Mika gigs/ meeting Mika fans. I'm married and have 2 children, Simon (12) and Violette (10). I work for a ferry operator (ferries sailing between France and England) as a freight clerk.

Here is what I posted about our trip in the previous thread, I hope you can give me advice :wink2:

Hello everybody!!

I'm Muriel. I'll come to the USA for the first time this Summer, with my husband and our 2 children (Simon, 12 and Violette, 10). We're all very excited and looking forward to visiting your country!!

Our trip will start in New York. We'll stay 4 nights and have already booked our hotel (in Upper West side, 10 minutes walk from Central Park).

We plan to see Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty and Museum of Immigration; see a musical in Broadway (probably The Lion King. If you have tips to get a cheaper price, don't hesitate to let me know ), the Empire State Building, Chinatown, Little Italy, Times Square...

Any other suggestion is welcome

Then we'll fly to Los Angeles and stay there 2 nights (hotel also booked). We'll drive along the coast (which seems so beautiful!!!), go to Santa Barbara, San Diego (Sea World seems really good for kids), Las Vegas, visit a couple of National Parks and end up in San Francisco. We'll stay 3 nights in San Fran. Our accommodation over there is also booked (flat booked through airbnb).

We'll be away 30 days. It's one of the craziest things we plan to do.

I opened a thread in the members chat section, it's entitled 'holiday in the USA' but Dee and Deb advised me to come here too. Thanks for your help and your time.

Yes, this is exactly what we do there.. :aah:

:mf_rosetinted:

All of Michigan is north to me xD

And thanks for making the Mikamerican pic, i love it :wub2:

Hello, My Fellow American Mika fans! [and everyone else]

Nicóla Ronaa [#99] is my given name, but you can call me Nikki.

I am also from Nebraska, but I was born and raised in Minnesota.

I have been working in music retail for over 25 years [yes, I'm that old] and I don't know if I could do anything else for a living.

I also love to draw. You can see some of my things here. I will add more as I finish them.

I have been a Mika fan since before he was released in the US. I discovered him through the Brian May website brianmay.com when the guitar god himself defended him against the critics. And you can probably guess, I am a HUGE Queen fan as well.

I have seen Mika twice in concert, but wish I had gone to more shows.

I have also seen Queen in concert. Once in 1982, with Freddie and John, and again in 2006 with Paul Rodgers. I have also seen Brian May in concert in 1992 and met him backstage after.

If you want to chat about anything, I'm open to telling stories or listening to yours.

I saved the Elle Me Dit doodle you did before i even met you on MFC. :teehee: I think my fave is the Celebrate one tho *secretely saves it, for personal enjoyement purposes only ofc*

Hi! Now I know a bit more about yourself and I also love cats and books... and Mika's music :wink2:

Another cat lover :thumb_yello:

Thanks Nikki for your introduction! Meeting Brian May backstage sounds really great :thumb_yello:

I'm not American but was advised by Dee/ Kreacher and Dcdeb to come and introduce me here. I'm a French fan who'll come to the USA for the first time this Summer. I love cats (my cat's called Miranda. She's 16 1/2), books, watching movies, travelling and going to Mika gigs/ meeting Mika fans. I'm married and have 2 children, Simon (12) and Violette (10). I work for a ferry operator (ferries sailing between France and England) as a freight clerk.

Here is what I posted about our trip in the previous thread, I hope you can give me advice :wink2:

Hello everybody!!

I'm Muriel. I'll come to the USA for the first time this Summer, with my husband and our 2 children (Simon, 12 and Violette, 10). We're all very excited and looking forward to visiting your country!!

Our trip will start in New York. We'll stay 4 nights and have already booked our hotel (in Upper West side, 10 minutes walk from Central Park).

We plan to see Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty and Museum of Immigration; see a musical in Broadway (probably The Lion King. If you have tips to get a cheaper price, don't hesitate to let me know ), the Empire State Building, Chinatown, Little Italy, Times Square...

Any other suggestion is welcome

Then we'll fly to Los Angeles and stay there 2 nights (hotel also booked). We'll drive along the coast (which seems so beautiful!!!), go to Santa Barbara, San Diego (Sea World seems really good for kids), Las Vegas, visit a couple of National Parks and end up in San Francisco. We'll stay 3 nights in San Fran. Our accommodation over there is also booked (flat booked through airbnb).

We'll be away 30 days. It's one of the craziest things we plan to do.

I opened a thread in the members chat section, it's entitled 'holiday in the USA' but Dee and Deb advised me to come here too. Thanks for your help and your time.

:thumb_yello: i was hoping you'd repost your Holiday in the USA post here.

Do you want to be added as an honorary American?

And YAY more cat lovers are always good :meow:

:blink:

Seriously? I'm not on this list?

:lmfao:

Please add me!

So nice to read your backgrounds so far! Thanks for sharing :thumb_yello:

About me: Let's see...

I'm a writer, and I live in the Washington, DC area, but I was born and spent the first 33 years of my life in Pittsburgh. (And yes, Nikki, I'm :old: too!) I'm married, and I have a 21-year-old human son, and a nearly 12-year-old furry son.

299848_10150753946770321_3671182_n.jpg

They are my passions, along with Mika, of course, and another Big M you may have heard of -- Mickey Mouse. In fact, I spend a lot of my time traveling to and writing about Walt Disney World in Florida for a website called allears.net (shameless plug). I've also written a guidebook for traveling to Disney World for people who have special needs. So yeah, you could say I'm a little bit obsessed with Disney. :teehee:

I first heard Mika on satellite radio back in January 2007 and became obsessed with learning everything I could about him. That's how I found this place and made it my new home. :) I've seen Mika perform live more than a dozen times in the US, Canada, the UK and Iceland (yes, Iceland!), and I think I love him as much now as I did at the start -- my poor husband thought this was just a phase I was going through, just like the "Disney thing," but 7 years on he realizes he was wrong again. :wink2:

Not sure what else you might need/want to know, but I'm here nearly all day, nearly every day, so ask away! Looking forward to chatting with you all! :original:

Edited by dcdeb
I left out Canada! How could I???

:mf_rosetinted:

All of Michigan is north to me xD

And thanks for making the Mikamerican pic, i love it :wub2:

I saved the Elle Me Dit doodle you did before i even met you on MFC. :teehee: I think my fave is the Celebrate one tho *secretely saves it, for personal enjoyement purposes only ofc*

:thumb_yello: i was hoping you'd repost your Holiday in the USA post here.

Do you want to be added as an honorary American?

And YAY more cat lovers are always good :meow:

Thanks for having added the thread I opened about our trip :thumb_yello:

That would be a great honour to become an honorary American :blush-anim-cl:

(And yes, Nikki, I'm :old: too!) I'm married, and I have a 21-year-old human son, and a nearly 12-year-old furry son.

:original:

Deb, we're not old if we're Mika fans. Old people couldn't stand in line for hours, then stand and jump around through one of his concerts and survive!

I forgot to mention, that I am married [26 years now],also. I have an almost 24 year old son who is a theater student in college and a 20 year old daughter that goes to Mika concerts with me! And I'm the one that turned her onto him, not the other way around.

I have met a few MFC people at shows in Chicago and Minneapolis, but I'm hoping that I will get the nerve to meet up with some more of you great fans on the next US tour. I haven't even met with Dee and we live in the same damn city! Why haven't we yet?

Hi everyone! I'm Chris and I'm thrilled to be American #100. Such a nice round number. I live in a suburb of Milwaukee and have two great kids, 13 and 9 and a lovely husband, and an emotionally interesting dogI used work in libraries before kids, and now I volunteer at my daughter's school library and am looking for a part time job.

I have only been a fan for about six weeks, and I swear I have not acted this stupid since I was in junior high school. I'm like a giddy child. What is it? No performer has ever affected me like this before. Half of the time I feel very happy about this, half the time I feel like an idiot.

How this happened? My daughter showed me the Popular Song buddies, and it was instant love. I made it my mission to find out whatever I could about this magnificent creature, which is when I fell in love with his personality. I'm a gooey mess.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here better and and having fun here. And having a support system for this whacmed out fangirl!

I'm honored:blush-anim-cl: thank you...

By the way, I'm going to start a new drawing this weekend and I'm taking requests...early curly scruffy Mika, sleak GQ Mika, or current XF7 Mika? I'm just not sure what to draw...

Seriously? I'm not on this list?

:lmfao:

Please add me!

i noticed you weren't on the list, i checked twice cuz i was kinda shocked. I added you now, you're #101!

[/b]

Thanks for having added the thread I opened about our trip :thumb_yello:

That would be a great honour to become an honorary American :blush-anim-cl:

thought it'd help so anyone who sees your post in this thread won't have to go searching for it :D i'm glad you don't mind i took that liberty

i added you, you're honorary american #3

Deb, we're not old if we're Mika fans. Old people couldn't stand in line for hours, then stand and jump around through one of his concerts and survive!

I forgot to mention, that I am married [26 years now],also. I have an almost 24 year old son who is a theater student in college and a 20 year old daughter that goes to Mika concerts with me! And I'm the one that turned her onto him, not the other way around.

I have met a few MFC people at shows in Chicago and Minneapolis, but I'm hoping that I will get the nerve to meet up with some more of you great fans on the next US tour. I haven't even met with Dee and we live in the same damn city! Why haven't we yet?

Because i'm super shy :blush-anim-cl:

Hi everyone! I'm Chris and I'm thrilled to be American #100. Such a nice round number. I live in a suburb of Milwaukee and have two great kids, 13 and 9 and a lovely husband, and an emotionally interesting dogI used work in libraries before kids, and now I volunteer at my daughter's school library and am looking for a part time job.

I have only been a fan for about six weeks, and I swear I have not acted this stupid since I was in junior high school. I'm like a giddy child. What is it? No performer has ever affected me like this before. Half of the time I feel very happy about this, half the time I feel like an idiot.How this happened? My daughter showed me the Popular Song buddies, and it was instant love. I made it my mission to find out whatever I could about this magnificent creature, which is when I fell in love with his personality. I'm a gooey mess.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here better and and having fun here. And having a support system for this whacmed out fangirl!

Hahahaha you're in the right place for sure! More than 2 years since i found Mika and i still feel that way about him.

I'm honored:blush-anim-cl: thank you...

By the way, I'm going to start a new drawing this weekend and I'm taking requests...early curly scruffy Mika, sleak GQ Mika, or current XF7 Mika? I'm just not sure what to draw...

How about sleek GQ Mika as honorary US president? :naughty:

i noticed you weren't on the list, i checked twice cuz i was kinda shocked. I added you now, you're #101!

thought it'd help so anyone who sees your post in this thread won't have to go searching for it :D i'm glad you don't mind i took that liberty

i added you, you're honorary american #3

Thank you! :huglove:

101, what a perfect number for a Disney fan

10110.jpg

I have only been a fan for about six weeks, and I swear I have not acted this stupid since I was in junior high school. I'm like a giddy child. What is it? No performer has ever affected me like this before. Half of the time I feel very happy about this, half the time I feel like an idiot.

How this happened? My daughter showed me the Popular Song buddies, and it was instant love. I made it my mission to find out whatever I could about this magnificent creature, which is when I fell in love with his personality. I'm a gooey mess.

Don't worry about it.. I think there are more Oldings that are always on here than Younglings or Middlings.. :naughty: You're definitely not alone.

I realized others are saying how they discovered Mika and I didn't. So here's my loooong story (sorry!), because I don't think I’ve ever taken the time to type out the complete version & it kiiiiiinda relates to America:

So one fateful day (must've been about June 26th 2011) I flipped over to this US-based music video channel called TheCoolTV* (it was on free TV, I don't have cable. Does anyone else get this channel?). The volume was muted, as usual. I only turned to the channel to check because once in a great while they're play a video I liked (for example, something by The Cure or Depeche Mode). So anyway, when I flipped it on I saw these fabulous glitter green shoes and I’m like "what is this?! I love glitter & I love green. WANT!" So I kept watching and I saw this colorful room and was immediately struck by how much more colorful the video was than most others. Then I saw a guy dancing by himself in boxer shorts and I was all :blink: I sat there watching, probably with my mouth open, with it still on mute because the video was so different than the channel's usual pop video drivel. I remember thinking "That guy looks tall and thin, perfect! me likes!" (but wasn't a fan of his curly brown hair or face) and "Who is this? He has got to be gay because straight guys just aren't brave enough to dance like this." Then at the end I saw the cassette tape that said 'Mika' on it and was all "Meh, never heard of him. Must be new." And that was end of that.

Fast forward a day to me flipping over to that same music channel to watch it on mute. I see a tall curly-haired guy rolling around in the woods and running away from a bunch colorful animal-people. So I was like "Hey, that looks like that glitter-shoe guy from that other video.... My-ka, er... Me-ka, whatever. *gigglesnort* Girl's name." Again I was struck by how different the video was from others I’d seen. When the video got to the end & it showed who the song was by I was so proud I’d been correct :aah:

So, fast forward another day, and I see the same video in the woods and I actually un-mute it this time, thinking "I’ve gotta hear what a song with a video like this sounds like". I didn't think the song was terrible, but I wasn't too impressed by what I heard either because it wasn't 'my usual type of music'.

Then the next day I was at work and I caught myself singing 'when it rain and rain and rains, rains, rains' in a high-pitched voice and I was like "whoa, weird. Random earworm." But then I did something I’d NEVER done before..... I went to check out this Mika song on the internet without knowing any more about him. I listened to 30-second snippet of Rain and decided it was better than I’d originally thought & he had a good voice. So I downloaded it from emusic just because I had emusic credits to use or they'd expire. I listened to WAG (because of the video) and Blame It On The Girls (simply because that was next on the track-listing) then downloaded them too. I decided 3 new songs was enough. For the first half-day or so after I’d added them to my mp3 player I let shuffle decide when to play them but then I found myself skipping more and more tracks just to get to the 3 Mika songs faster. Within a few more hours they were all I listened to, again and again. Three was definitely NOT enough! Then I told my mum about them and played Rain for her. She wasn't as impressed as I was.

The next day I googled how to pronounce "Mika" and found out he was yet another UK-artist that most Americans didn't know. I also watched the Grace Kelly video online, loved that of course. That day (June 29th) I posted Rain & WAG to my FB page and professed to the world I had a new obsession. A couple days later I had dl'ed Dr John, got LICM from the library, looked up the lyrics, ordered both CDs from Amazon, and introduced him to both my parents as my newest musician of interest. Then came the inevitable, very enjoyable task of devouring every interview & live video I could find. That's when I fell in love w/ his personality & his words & his energy & his brain & everything else. It was only then did I notice how gorgeous he is :wub2: In my search for all things Mika I discovered fyeahMika on tumblr and through there the MFC but I was reluctant to join until a couple weeks later I just couldn't resist. It was only after the fact that I realized I had heard Mika songs before being used in films & TV.

....So yeah, that's how I came to be a 30-smth Mika-obsessed fangurl :teehee:

*it used to be on digital channel 3.2 before they changed the format. Nicóla, did you ever watch it? I caught Mika's video for Kick-Ass there too.

Edited by kreacher

Hello! I would love to be added to the list as one of the two Mika fans from Montana (my friend being the other).

I am also older in age but young in spirit. I have been married for 33 years and have 2 married sons. One son is older than Mika and my younger is only one month younger than Mika. And I am now blessed with 3 granddaughters and a grandson. I work in real estate at a small local bank. And I love cats but don't have one right now. :original:

I first "heard" of Mika in the beginning of 2007. I heard his voice (not knowing what he looked like) and that was all it took. I bought LICM when it was first released and played it constantly. It just made me happy to hear his voice.

I have seen him in concert three times. Once in 2009 in Seattle, right after the ankle incident. My friend (the other Montana Mika fan) went with me and we had an awesome time. The second time was 2012 in Chicago. I went with my husband and had a great time visiting the city. However, like most husbands, he was not thrilled to see Mika! But I had enough excitement for both of us. :excite:

The third time was in March 2013, Easter Sunday, in Denver. The intimate tour. Again I went with my friend and it was the most incredible concert I have ever seen. The venue was small, we had the perfect place to stand, Mika sounded incredible, and best of all I met some other great Mika fans.

I will always be a fan of Mika no matter what. His music and voice have brought so much joy to my life that there is no way I would ever be able to repay him.

Hope you don't mind me lurking around...

I'm from up north (Montreal, I'm a frenchie with the strange accent:naughty:) but I've been traveling to the east coast for the past decades... Yup, I'm old too!

I love cats, but can't have one as hubby is severly allergic. Have an almost 14-year old girl and 12-year old twin boys...

I've started listening to Mika after my girl beg me to buy her LICM. It probably saved me from drowning in depression after loosing my father..

Since then, I feel I've discovered one of the most fascinating man of our century.

Hello! I would love to be added to the list as one of the two Mika fans from Montana (my friend being the other).

I am also older in age but young in spirit. I have been married for 33 years and have 2 married sons. One son is older than Mika and my younger is only one month younger than Mika. And I am now blessed with 3 granddaughters and a grandson. I work in real estate at a small local bank. And I love cats but don't have one right now. :original:

I first "heard" of Mika in the beginning of 2007. I heard his voice (not knowing what he looked like) and that was all it took. I bought LICM when it was first released and played it constantly. It just made me happy to hear his voice.

I have seen him in concert three times. Once in 2009 in Seattle, right after the ankle incident. My friend (the other Montana Mika fan) went with me and we had an awesome time. The second time was 2012 in Chicago. I went with my husband and had a great time visiting the city. However, like most husbands, he was not thrilled to see Mika! But I had enough excitement for both of us. :excite:

The third time was in March 2013, Easter Sunday, in Denver. The intimate tour. Again I went with my friend and it was the most incredible concert I have ever seen. The venue was small, we had the perfect place to stand, Mika sounded incredible, and best of all I met some other great Mika fans.

I will always be a fan of Mika no matter what. His music and voice have brought so much joy to my life that there is no way I would ever be able to repay him.

I feel exactly the same:blush-anim-cl:

Nice story! Bravo!

I don't think I've ever seen that channel

i swear i didnt make the channel up!

Added you to the list, #102

Ooh you've been all over to see him. Thanks for posting your story. Your last sentence could not be more true!

Hope you don't mind me lurking around...

I'm from up north (Montreal, I'm a frenchie with the strange accent:naughty:) but I've been traveling to the east coast for the past decades... Yup, I'm old too!

I love cats, but can't have one as hubby is severly allergic. Have an almost 14-year old girl and 12-year old twin boys...

I've started listening to Mika after my girl beg me to buy her LICM. It probably saved me from drowning in depression after loosing my father..

Since then, I feel I've discovered one of the most fascinating man of our century.

Thanks for posting! i added you as an honorary american even though you didnt ask :teehee: you're #4

hey wait a minute!

I was born in the USA! so i can be added to your list! :yay:

:naughty:

I didn't know that about you. So do you have dual citizenship? You're on the list as #103

I love reading all your stories :wink2: this thread seems to be different from the older American thread.

I'm not American so I don't know if I should introduce myself a well, I just wanted to say hi since i know some American people here

You hangout in chat with Americans enough, you count as honorary american i reckon. Yo're now #5

Off to bed now :bed: Have a great Saturday everyone!

I didn't know that about you. So do you have dual citizenship? You're on the list as #103

Yes i do. Even if we lived in Canada, we lived close to the USA border. It was the closest hospital... and i was in a hurry, so that's why i have both citizenships :naughty:

Hubby does also, we could in fact move to USA if we wanted. :blush-anim-cl:

We used to walk across the border all the time and go to McDonald's, bowling or the Drive-ins ... it was closer in the USA than in Canada :naughty:

I love reading about you all :hug:

Guylaine, I live next to the Belgian border and, even though I'm French and can't speak Dutch ( I can just understand basic written Dutch), I spent a lot of time over there when I was a teenager ;) My dad, brother and I have started genealogical research and we've got, like most people from my area, Belgian & French origins. On his mother's side, my husband has got French, Belgian and Dutch origins. His father and all his paternal family tree are Polish.

edit: forgot to say, one of my husband's Polish cousins has emigrated to the USA and lives in Tomball, Texas.

Edited by macboll