On 1/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, cat_loves_mika said:

Well, thats good! Glad you're still alive and active on the forum. I saw your Mika Encyclopedia; it's impressive to say the least. So at least Mika keeps you all sorts of busy :lmfao:

I'm pretty good. Probably a lot better than when I last talked to you, honestly. A lot has changed for the better. :thumb_yello:

Aww thank you :) i like working on mikapedia and you'd think it'd keep me busier but I tend to work on it very sporadically. Like frantically for a month or two then nothing for like 8 months :doh:

You do seem better :D I'm very glad to hear it!

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 11:34 AM, Lauramikale said:

Hey guys! :)

I'm participating to a project (the First Global Project, if anyone has heard of it?!). I'm from Luxembourg and we're going to travel to Washington, DC in July. I was wondering if anyone lives there or not far away? I would be really happy to learn some things about your culture and all the things to see, if you have some places you like that you'd like to share with me or whatever! :):usa:

Laura, I've been meaning to ask you about this for ages. I'm curious about your Washington D.C. trip :)

How'd you like the USA? What'd you do, what'd you end up going to see?

Hi everybody! I'm Ronnie (short for Veronica), and I'm from Georgia, but right now I'm in college in South Carolina. I'm brand new to MFC, so I'm still finding my way around, but I was pointed toward the US thread so here I am! I've literally only ever met one other fan in GA and SC so I definitely want to be added so I can know some more folks in the US :biggrin2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunSpot12 said:

Hi everybody! I'm Ronnie (short for Veronica), and I'm from Georgia, but right now I'm in college in South Carolina. I'm brand new to MFC, so I'm still finding my way around, but I was pointed toward the US thread so here I am! I've literally only ever met one other fan in GA and SC so I definitely want to be added so I can know some more folks in the US :biggrin2:

Nice to see you made your way over here. :aah:

Well, I'm moving to North Carolina soon. Charlotte, to be exact. So, that's practically in South Carolina. :lmfao: There used to be a few people from the south on here but they just kind of don't come on the forum anymore. It's a bummer. 

2 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Nice to see you made your way over here. :aah:

Well, I'm moving to North Carolina soon. Charlotte, to be exact. So, that's practically in South Carolina. :lmfao: There used to be a few people from the south on here but they just kind of don't come on the forum anymore. It's a bummer. 

I just visited Charlotte for the first time a few months ago! It's only about a two hour drive away from my school, and I think it's a really fun city, reminds me a lot of Atlanta if you've ever been there. 

Good luck moving! I'm sure you'll find some good old southern charm down here :cheerful_h4h:

6 hours ago, SunSpot12 said:

I just visited Charlotte for the first time a few months ago! It's only about a two hour drive away from my school, and I think it's a really fun city, reminds me a lot of Atlanta if you've ever been there. 

Good luck moving! I'm sure you'll find some good old southern charm down here :cheerful_h4h:

I'd love to visit Atlanta. I'm sure I'll make it there sometime after my move. Especially for concerts and such. 

Thanks! I love it there. I've been a few times because my parents moved there recently, and decided to moved there to be close to them. And there seems to be a lot of opportunities with school and employment there as well. Everything excites me about moving except for the weather. :aah: I've lived in Michigan all my live, so my boyfriend and I are gonna have a lot of adjusting to do in the summer heat and humidity. 

What are you studying in college?

22 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

I'd love to visit Atlanta. I'm sure I'll make it there sometime after my move. Especially for concerts and such. 

Thanks! I love it there. I've been a few times because my parents moved there recently, and decided to moved there to be close to them. And there seems to be a lot of opportunities with school and employment there as well. Everything excites me about moving except for the weather. :aah: I've lived in Michigan all my live, so my boyfriend and I are gonna have a lot of adjusting to do in the summer heat and humidity. 

What are you studying in college?

Yeah it's a big difference! My sister worked at the Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan for a couple of summers and she said it was beautiful up there except the temperatures got down into the 40's at night in July. That's winter weather here! :lol3: I've never been north of DC, so I don't think I've really experienced "real" winter, but I used to live in south Louisiana, so I sure know hot summers!

I'm studying economics and Chinese, but I have so many interests I wish I could have like 6 majors. Like I'm really interested in linguistics, and biology, and women's and gender studies, so I end up spending a lot of time researching stuff that has nothing to do with my major... :sweatdrop: But hey, college is for exploration right? :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, SunSpot12 said:

Yeah it's a big difference! My sister worked at the Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan for a couple of summers and she said it was beautiful up there except the temperatures got down into the 40's at night in July. That's winter weather here! :lol3: I've never been north of DC, so I don't think I've really experienced "real" winter, but I used to live in south Louisiana, so I sure know hot summers!

I'm studying economics and Chinese, but I have so many interests I wish I could have like 6 majors. Like I'm really interested in linguistics, and biology, and women's and gender studies, so I end up spending a lot of time researching stuff that has nothing to do with my major... :sweatdrop: But hey, college is for exploration right? :rolleyes:

Yes! That’s a beautiful area. I went to a different boarding school near there for high school, but we would go see the Intelochen kids perform a lot. They are insanely talented. The summer camp hosts a lot of talented kids too. 

Yes, no real winter for you. How sad. :aah: 

It’s good that you have so many interests though! I have a friend like that, she ended up having three degrees in completely unrelated things. :lmfao: Always wanting to learn is important, that’s what my grandpa taught me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I kind of feel like I am shouting into the void, but that's okay. I am from Minnesota. I recently rediscovered Mika after years of kind of forgetting about his music, but have dove in deep over the past couple of days. Just kinda wondering who's out there

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bluerose4june said:

Hello!

I kind of feel like I am shouting into the void, but that's okay. I am from Minnesota. I recently rediscovered Mika after years of kind of forgetting about his music, but have dove in deep over the past couple of days. Just kinda wondering who's out there

59 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@Bluerose4june

:welcomeani:Welcome to the MFC !

Could you introduce yourself at the Introductions thread please ?

Hey there :bye: You should yourself a proper introduction just like Eriko said up there in the section she linked so other people can find it easily and meet you too (don't be shy!) but I'm glad you found our little American corner of MFC. Welcome! :welcomeani:

I'm living the upper peninsula of Michigan currently, so I'm close to Minnesota. Nice to meet you, maybe I'll have someone on here to complain about snow to now. :lmfao: There's a few other Americans lurking around the forums here, another US representative like me and a few other members that come on pretty much daily. Others pop in from time to time but, as you know Mika isn't that popular here anymore (I was talking about this earlier, he probably is somewhat popular here with the gay community here. But, I have no clue for sure). There's a lot of other members on here from all over the Europe mostly, and they are a very friendly bunch!

I'm Cat by the way. Let me know if you have any questions! :flowers2:

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 11:59 PM, cat_loves_mika said:

I'm living the upper peninsula of Michigan currently, so I'm close to Minnesota. Nice to meet you, maybe I'll have someone on here to complain about snow to now. :lmfao: 

I'm from North Dakota, and we're currently in the middle of another snow storm. The roads and parking lots had just gotten all clear of ice and slush, and now it starts all over again! :doh:

I'm always here, I'm just shy so I don't talk much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

I'm from North Dakota, and we're currently in the middle of another snow storm. The roads and parking lots had just gotten all clear of ice and slush, and now it starts all over again! :doh:

I'm always here, I'm just shy so I don't talk much. 

Oh no! The roads are just getting clear here too... I really hope we don't get more snow. But, I know we will. :tears:

:lmfao: Okay, I'll take comfort in you lurking on forums watching over us. But, feel free to talk to me if you're feeling not so shy. I'm not that scary. :flowers2: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2018 at 8:03 AM, kreacher said:

Laura, I've been meaning to ask you about this for ages. I'm curious about your Washington D.C. trip :)

How'd you like the USA? What'd you do, what'd you end up going to see?

Sorry I didn't see your message earlier :sad:

Ohhh I loved it so damn much :wub2:

Actually I was a little bit disappointed because I didn't get to see as much as I would have loved and that's why I promised myself to go back to see more!

Things weren't quite as planned, we were told that we would stay at the George Washington University but finally we had to stay at the Trinity University which was further from the center and we actually spent the most of our time at the Constitution Hall because of the contest

What did I visit? The typical things I would say: the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, the (back of) the White House, the Union Station, Georgetown and the beautiful Potomac river 

Oh and we were also invited at the luxembourgish ambacy 

All in all I loved it so much. Your streets and roads are much bigger, your houses much more beautiful, the food is really tasty and I felt so comfortable over there. The people are so friendly and adorable

I really enjoyed it and there's so much more to see of your beautiful country and I can't wait to come back! :wub2::usa:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lauramikale said:

Sorry I didn't see your message earlier :sad:

Ohhh I loved it so damn much :wub2:

Actually I was a little bit disappointed because I didn't get to see as much as I would have loved and that's why I promised myself to go back to see more!

Things weren't quite as planned, we were told that we would stay at the George Washington University but finally we had to stay at the Trinity University which was further from the center and we actually spent the most of our time at the Constitution Hall because of the contest

What did I visit? The typical things I would say: the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, the (back of) the White House, the Union Station, Georgetown and the beautiful Potomac river 

Oh and we were also invited at the luxembourgish ambacy 

All in all I loved it so much. Your streets and roads are much bigger, your houses much more beautiful, the food is really tasty and I felt so comfortable over there. The people are so friendly and adorable

I really enjoyed it and there's so much more to see of your beautiful country and I can't wait to come back! :wub2::usa:

Wow, sounds like a lovely time! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Washington D.C is a very beautiful city, it's a great place to visit in the spring. 

Where else would you live to visit here? I'm curious.. :teehee: 

Hi all! Wow this is from 2013 XD

Um...I've never been on one of these forums before, but hopefully it's okay to still reply this this thing.

Kreacher: May I be a member of the list? (Also does your name have relevance to the Harry Potter character?)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Wow, sounds like a lovely time! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Washington D.C is a very beautiful city, it's a great place to visit in the spring. 

Where else would you live to visit here? I'm curious.. :teehee: 

Yes I wish I could visit D.C in spring, with all the beautiful trees :wub2:

Oh there are sooo many places I would love to see

The typical places like San Francisco, Las Vegas, San Diego, Chicago, Boston, Huston, Austin, Dallas, Seattle, Portland, New York and of course the Route 66, the Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, the Grand Canyon, the Bryce Canyon, the the Niagara Falls, the White Sands in New Mexico an so so much more!

I would like to see all those famous places as well as totally unknown places. Finding some sights and activities off the beaten track and beyond the tourist "traps".

I wanna "live" the American culture. See how you guys live every day. I'm a huge fan of your country. I know all the 50 states which is super weird here in Europe :lmfao:I like to read and learn more about your history and and culture.

I think I'll start with Minneapolis. I know a person who lives there and I could stay at his place and wouldn't have to pay any hotel. That would be a great start I think :)

On 4/13/2018 at 3:22 PM, Lauramikale said:

Yes I wish I could visit D.C in spring, with all the beautiful trees :wub2:

Oh there are sooo many places I would love to see

The typical places like San Francisco, Las Vegas, San Diego, Chicago, Boston, Huston, Austin, Dallas, Seattle, Portland, New York and of course the Route 66, the Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, the Grand Canyon, the Bryce Canyon, the the Niagara Falls, the White Sands in New Mexico an so so much more!

I would like to see all those famous places as well as totally unknown places. Finding some sights and activities off the beaten track and beyond the tourist "traps".

I wanna "live" the American culture. See how you guys live every day. I'm a huge fan of your country. I know all the 50 states which is super weird here in Europe :lmfao:I like to read and learn more about your history and and culture.

I think I'll start with Minneapolis. I know a person who lives there and I could stay at his place and wouldn't have to pay any hotel. That would be a great start I think :)

Wow, that's awesome. I don't even heard about too many people here that I know that want to go to places like Mount Rushmore and Route 66. (Also, there's a lot of Americans who can't name all 50 states.. but that's a different story :doh:) I really like the "Americana" of Route 66 too as well, but it's really sad compared to what it used to be. :sad: The areas of the route I've been to had so many abandoned shops and gas stations and hotels. 

Minneapolis is a cool place. I live a 5 hour drive from there in the upper peninsula of Michigan. As a Michigan girl, I'm going to have to insist you add Michigan to your travel list. It's the prettiest state and we have all these giant freshwater lakes that you just can't beat. :naughty: 

Oh my gosh!!! I haven’t been this happy in a LONNNGGGGG time! I have a handful of VERY close Mika friends on Twitter that I’ve got to know over the years. They are seriously closer to me than my own family! However, they all live so far away,and the chance for me to travel to meet them in person is very slim. But, I am to grateful to be sad about that. The fact that the majority of you are in the US blows my mind!!!! I finally feel as if I’m a part of something really exciting😁😁😁😁

I starting loving Mika a while ago, but he was pretty popular by the time I found him. My daughter was getting to be in her tweens and liking her own style of music. I wanted to make sure it was age appropriate so while looking into Ariana Grande, I seen the popular video. Oh my heart EXPLODED!!! Who was this man? He was so cute, and this song is so good! From there on, like you all said, it was a slippery slope! Lol! I was hooked. I adore everything about him. I don’t think there are many people like him out there. He’s just amazing in all kinds of ways that I think all of his fans understand wholeheartedly. My family tolerate his music very well for me. Lol! I do drive them a bit crazy though. 

So put me down for the, how should I say.... vintage Mika fan age group.😂 That’s right I’m old. But I preferre to find other ways to say it. Like superannuated, or time-honored. It makes me feel better about being 41. Yes I said it,41. Going on 101. Lol! I’m married and have a 16 year old and a 9 year old. I’m a stay at home mom. I LOVE music. All kinds. Except for most country. Every now and again i’ll find a country song I like but not too often. I drive my family bananas singing in the car and around the house. I love cats and had three way back in my single days. But for the past almost four years now, we have had a dog named smoky. He of the teddy bear dog breed. He is my baby, my kids best friends. And when his hair is grown out,he looks like a little teddy bear. I live in Michigan, like Cat! Hi Cat! I know what upnorth means🤣 My whole childhood I went up north to visit my grandparents. And now my parents live up north so we are ALWAYS up there on the weekends! I live right below the thumb in Southgate Michigan : ) And Guylainem, I am willing to bet you were born somewhere close to me because I live VERY CLOSE to Canada! What a small world! 

I believe I was in New York the same weekend dcdeb was there in 2015 to see Mika! I went to his Webster Hall concert and had an unbelievable time. It was like no other concert I’ve been to. But, he came back a short time after that and I was already going out of town that weekend so I couldn’t go see him. And as we all know... sniff... sniff... he hasn’t been back since. Oh I can feel my heart breaking! But, it was so fun to follow my twitter family around to all the gigs and The Voice and signings for swatch and No Place In Heaven. I have been along for the Mika journey and am so grateful for it. Like you said Pandora, I have my own reasons why Mika literally has saved my life (i don’t mean to be dramatic really!). But he has. And I’ll never be able to repay him other than be an adoring fan from far away💜 

Thank you dcdeb and kreacher for being so nice to me when I stumbled in here looking for a Mika fan group in the US😊 I would love to become an active member on here so I hope you all don’t get sick of me😏 

Have an awesome rest of your Thursday and the weekend is right around the corner! YES!!! 

• Like 3

@cat_loves_mika OMG! Next time you’re down my way, let me know and we can meet up somewhere! I seen you had a conversation with someone about  Interlochen Camp for the Arts. I went there for four summers in a row during high school😊 I LOVED that place : ) So this is kind of crazy, but did you hear we had an earthquake in Michigan a few days ago? What the heck is that about?! It was the weirdest thing I’ve ever experienced😲 On another note, I seen on Pinterest some made Mika high top converse! I desperately need these in my life! Lol! I appreciate that you think I’m a cool mom. My kids tolerate my crazyness and lame sense of humor for sure! But I don’t think I’ve embarrassed them too much yet 😏 I hope your week is going great!!!! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello! I've noticed this thread isn't very active anymore, but I wanted to talk with some fellow American Mika fans. It feels as if there's only six people and a napkin. I've only met one other person in my area who can appreciate Mika's amazing-ness. Seriously, he's great, isn't he? *sighs dreamily*:mikalove:

default_lg.gif

Hello!!

4 hours ago, ElizaWilson said:

Hello! I've noticed this thread isn't very active anymore, but I wanted to talk with some fellow American Mika fans. It feels as if there's only six people and a napkin. I've only met one other person in my area who can appreciate Mika's amazing-ness. Seriously, he's great, isn't he? *sighs dreamily*:mikalove:

default_lg.gif

He is! :fangurl:

Sadly in the states we Mikafans are few and far between. If it weren't for MFC i wouldn't have met any others.

• Like 1