Thank you! It's so good not to be alone!! :D I don't bother my family TOO much with his music....because before Mika all I listened to obsessively was piano, and it'd shock them too much to hear this! It's SO hard not to talk about him all the time though! I've gotten my sister into it a little...but I'm about ready to burst! I need people to talk to! So I came here. :) And just listening to his music comforts me :naughty: I can't help laughing out loud sometimes when I hear those high notes though! "'Just LISTEN to him sing that note!'" That's me all the time :wink2:

You literally just described my life, but with my friends. I listened to other music, but now I mainly listen to Mika, and I've been bothering my friends about him way too much, but he is just so perfect

You literally just described my life, but with my friends. I listened to other music, but now I mainly listen to Mika, and I've been bothering my friends about him way too much, but he is just so perfect

Cool :P Have your friends listened to him?

I work in an office with 3 men and they tease me incessantly about Mika.

I don't even feel as if I talk about him too much. They just know I've saw him in concert twice in 6 months and I sometimes wear the t-shirt to work.

They tease me about the "new Ariana Grande song featuring Mika".

I work in an office with 3 men and they tease me incessantly about Mika.

I don't even feel as if I talk about him too much. They just know I've saw him in concert twice in 6 months and I sometimes wear the t-shirt to work.

They tease me about the "new Ariana Grande song featuring Mika".

Ha, my boss knows all about my Mika thing since I have needed time off work for travel over the years. He is very understanding though.

-11 F this morning...-30 with the wind chill...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

How about where you all are?

This morning it was -22 with a -49 wind chill . . . but now it's warmed up quite a bit! It's only -14/-27!

I never introduced myself in this thread, but I am in the US, North Dakota.

Same here obviously :tehee:

Thankfully i didn't need to go outside today. Did you?

This morning it was -22 with a -49 wind chill . . . but now it's warmed up quite a bit! It's only -14/-27!

I never introduced myself in this thread, but I am in the US, North Dakota.

Hi there!

On the news they were talking about how cold it is in ND. Some school districts here were shut down today cuz of the cold, does that happen there?

Hi there!

On the news they were talking about how cold it is in ND. Some school districts here were shut down today cuz of the cold, does that happen there?

Yeah, I think the schools were all closed around here today. I know they were in Minnesota because their governor ordered them all closed. I think it's pretty rare to cancel school because of the cold, I only remember it happening once before (when I was in school in the 80s).

My kids had off today, and they will tomorrow too. My husband is planning to work from home as well. Luckily they are generally pleasant so they aren't driving me nuts. Right now it is 15 below but I don't know what the wind chill is. Even the dog doesn't want to go outside to do her business. We were at the Packer game yesterday, and with our five layers of clothes, we actually weren't that cold. Just sad :(. My husband and BIL and SIL got bloody marys before the game, and they were beginning to freeze to slush in the glasses. And we live here why?

Hey, Americans,

Dang :shocked:

No real signs of winter where I live. It's been weird, it was too sunny during the holidays. :dunno: Haha I live just outside SF.

And we live here why?

I always ask myself that about Americans. Canadians don't have a choice but you do! Well we could live in a very tiny geographical patch above Washington state that never experiences extreme cold but it's not ideal for many reasons and it's already densely populated so we can't all go there. :naughty:

Never in all my years of school did they close down because of the weather. :shocked: And the 70s were crazy for blizzards and non stop snow. I used to be able to jump from bridges into the snowbanks below because it was piled 10 feet high.

This morning is supposed to be -36C with the windchill. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but since -40F =-40C you can imagine. :aah:

I always ask myself that about Americans. Canadians don't have a choice but you do! Well we could live in a very tiny geographical patch above Washington state that never experiences extreme cold but it's not ideal for many reasons and it's already densely populated so we can't all go there. :naughty:

Never in all my years of school did they close down because of the weather. :shocked: And the 70s were crazy for blizzards and non stop snow. I used to be able to jump from bridges into the snowbanks below because it was piled 10 feet high.

This morning is supposed to be -36C with the windchill. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but since -40F =-40C you can imagine. :aah:

When I was going to school, it closed a few times a year because the

buses could not reach the students who lived on the country roads.

Because I lived in town, I still had to make my way to school, only to be turned around.

:shocked: I've never experienced temperatures that low. Sending hugs to my American and Canadian Mikafriends :hug:

I don't live in the nicest part of France regarding the weather. It's often windy, cloudy and rainy... we're next to Belgium and England and share the same forecast. For that matter we have to watch their tv weather forecast to know what the weather will be like :naughty: My fellow people have often a deficiency D vitamin and arthritis or rheumatism.

Thanks Muriel :huglove: Fortunately you won't have to worry about this in July. :naughty:

When I was going to school, it closed a few times a year because the

buses could not reach the students who lived on the country roads.

Because I lived in town, I still had to make my way to school, only to be turned around.

They had situations where the buses were not running but it didn't affect whether the school was open or not. There was only one day where it was so bad I stayed home but I pretty much skipped off and didn't tell my parents. A lot of other parents let their kids stay home so the school didn't contact mine to find out where I was. :naughty:

I flow home yesterday from Grand Cayman (oh how I miss you so) and once we landed in Michigan, we were stuck on the plane for another hour because none of the machinery to move the jetway and what not just couldn't work in the cold. I think it was about -15 F but the wind chill was about -40 F :boxed: Then we had to unbury our car out of 2 feet of snow, drive another hour home on icy roads and walk through another 2 feet of snow to in get our home :aah: We ended up getting home at 4 AM and it should have been more like midnight, but there was also a 2 hour delay. And now I have to wait another day to go to school because the roads are too bad to get there.

Edited by cat_loves_mika

I've been wondering what happens when school is cancelled for weather? Do they add additional days to the school year? I've never experiences that.

In my kids school system, they schedule 3 days for potential snow days. If they use those days and need more, then they add extra days at the end if the school year.

I've been wondering what happens when school is cancelled for weather? Do they add additional days to the school year? I've never experiences that.

We have built in days for bad weather. If we don't use them, the kids get some random Fridays off in the spring. We never got off when I was a kid. In my neighborhood we had to walk to the end of our road and stand in the freezing cold until the bus came. Sometimes we'd be an hour late to school.

It's now only -4 here. I actually left the house today to get the mail, but it was totally worth it. I got my copy of Songbook Vol.1! The design is so lovely. For some reason the rest of the family did not want to listen to it immediately, so it will be my treat tomorrow when everyone else goes back to work and school.

It's now only -4 here. I actually left the house today to get the mail, but it was totally worth it. I got my copy of Songbook Vol.1! The design is so lovely. For some reason the rest of the family did not want to listen to it immediately, so it will be my treat tomorrow when everyone else goes back to work and school.

I love the part where you say "for some reason the rest of the family did not want to listen to it immediately"!! I can relate to that at my house as well. :original:

Edited by Pandora_Z
Off topic

I love the part where you say "for some reason the rest of the family did not want to listen to it immediately"!! I can relate to that at my house as well. :original:

this is why i love living alone :naughty:

this is why i love living alone :naughty:

That's what my car is for, when I'm driving around town running errands. My own little Mikaverse. I sing to my heart's content. I need to remember,though, that other people can see me. I can get embarrassing. Must also learn to stop doing the hand gestures along with WAG. Both hands on the wheel.

BTW, I know there's a list of Mika terms on here, but I don't recall. Is there a term for when all other music that isn't Mika's sounds bland and pointless? I'm suffering from that now. If there isn't one, we need to invent one.

That's what my car is for, when I'm driving around town running errands. My own little Mikaverse. I sing to my heart's content. I need to remember,though, that other people can see me. I can get embarrassing. Must also learn to stop doing the hand gestures along with WAG. Both hands on the wheel.

BTW, I know there's a list of Mika terms on here, but I don't recall. Is there a term for when all other music that isn't Mika's sounds bland and pointless? I'm suffering from that now. If there isn't one, we need to invent one.

I had this phase too, when all I enjoyed listening to was Mika's songs. Now I listen to other artists but Mika remains my nr1 :wink2:

Hello everybody! :bye: