at last, us Americans have something to discuss!

tinytour.thumb.png.27a8767b6cc99a78e1478

WHO ELSE IS EXCITED FOR THIS?!

i hope to go the Brooklyn & Montreal gigs. Anyone else planning to go to any? 

• Like 2

I guess the travel involved will mean a lot of fans won't be able to go to any of these gigs.  It's a pity he couldn't have found one mid-west venue.

1 minute ago, silver said:

I guess the travel involved will mean a lot of fans won't be able to go to any of these gigs.  It's a pity he couldn't have found one mid-west venue.

Yeah, i'm bummed about that too. Not even Chicago :(

53 minutes ago, silver said:

51 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Yeah, i'm bummed about that too. Not even Chicago :(

It really seems that shows here were an afterthought, and that's maybe why a show in Chicago didn't work out. Understandably, as not many people here listen to Mika. I think honestly its mostly the gay community who are Mika fans and they are very prominent in NYC, LA and SF so those gigs make a lot of sense to me. 

Whenever I go to a gay bar, they always play a Mika song... even then, its usually LICM era. :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

Hey!! I'm not American but popped in here to see who else was going! I am definitely going to the Brooklyn one :D I beleive we met back in 2013 in the NYC le Poisson Rouge gig :D

15 hours ago, kreacher said:

I think I'll see you there, Dee -- hopefully both gigs!

13 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

It really seems that shows here were an afterthought, and that's maybe why a show in Chicago didn't work out. Understandably, as not many people here listen to Mika. I think honestly its mostly the gay community who are Mika fans and they are very prominent in NYC, LA and SF so those gigs make a lot of sense to me. 

Whenever I go to a gay bar, they always play a Mika song... even then, its usually LICM era. :lmfao:

Whenever I go to Kohl's or Target I hear Popular. :teehee:

And I don't just think it's the gay community  -- I think it's just in these big cities more people are exposed to a wider range of music, so are more likely to have heard of Mika. I know in my parents town, all the radio stations are either "classic rock", "oldies" or country & western. That's literally all the majority of the people there know.

I'm actually surprised Mika's not going to Miami -- I mean, he even has a house there! But I agree a Chicago date would have been nice, especially for the fans who are in the middle of the country who could travel a little bit to see him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I think I'll see you there, Dee -- hopefully both gigs!

Whenever I go to Kohl's or Target I hear Popular. :teehee:

And I don't just think it's the gay community  -- I think it's just in these big cities more people are exposed to a wider range of music, so are more likely to have heard of Mika. I know in my parents town, all the radio stations are either "classic rock", "oldies" or country & western. That's literally all the majority of the people there know.

I'm actually surprised Mika's not going to Miami -- I mean, he even has a house there! But I agree a Chicago date would have been nice, especially for the fans who are in the middle of the country who could travel a little bit to see him.

Population is another big factor too, you're right. The music scene will be more diverse. 

Miami would be a great spot for a show, I would of considered going there too. Again, big gay community and diverse music scene. 

Anyway, got my ticket! My first gig.. :mf_lustslow:

• Like 3

Gosh it's been forever since I've been over here, but that doesn't mean I have ever stopped loving Mika and finding happiness through his songs. Soooo, since he hasn't been in the US in ages and I'm at a point where I can do this.... I have tickets to all 5 shows - NY, two in Montreal, one in SF and one in LA. A Mika tour, just like a Deadhead following the Grateful Dead on tour. I've got my flights and airbnb's booked. 

Since both of my adult kids now live in Europe, I'm also hoping to catch a few shows when I'm visiting them. With a new grandbaby, I'll be over a lot. :) 

When I first started following Mika he had less than what, 30, 000? 25,000 followers on Twitter. I hope I get a chance to meet him again and he doesn't hurt his frigging foot and have to hold back performing. 

• Like 5

Hello Mika- world and US fans. 💕💕

This tour has awaken me from my Mika-slumber. I admit, i have been so uninterested in Mika and even stopped following him on insta. (But I still followed MFC)  And when I saw them post about this tour I freaked and jumped back into 100% fangurl I’m so excited 😩😭.  

Forgive me meeks. 

See you in SF sara! 

• Like 3

I can't wait. Bring cake. Lol.. Your creations are beautiful. I might even have to nudge Patty. A reunion! Light up jewelry, glitter ... silly string. He's so huge in Europe now,  small venues like this.. rare, if at all. Am I right? Asking others... 

On 7/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, sarac said:

I can't wait. Bring cake. Lol.. Your creations are beautiful. I might even have to nudge Patty. A reunion! Light up jewelry, glitter ... silly string. He's so huge in Europe now,  small venues like this.. rare, if at all. Am I right? Asking others... 

Oh I’ll definitely bring some sweets!! ^-^ Gracias. 

Im actually surprised at the size of venues he’s doing over here. The SF venue is over twice the capacity of the last time he played here. I’m curious to see what the current US crowds will be like. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

18 concerts!!!! I think I am gonna  faint !!!:excite:

Spread out so far apart, and places he’s never been (Nashville?!) or hasn’t been to in years (Miami!)!!!

Being a Mikafan in the USA just got a lot more exciting xD

DC, Philly and NYC are a no brainer for me, my sister lives in Philly so i’ll tie a visit in with her. However, I live somewhere between Denver and Chicago and sort of St Paul. All are about a 9-10 bus ride away so I’m debating whether or not I should go to one, two or three of these as well.

What’s everybody else planning?

• 1 year later...

Hi Mika fans in the U.S.! Looks like the last post on here was early last year. :-) I still want to say hi anyway! New to the club, living in a suburb of Chicago. Rediscovered Mika earlier in February and haven't stopped listening since. :yikes:

Hi @TeeMarie! I'm from West Virginia and I've been a fan of Mika since I was five years old and have been obsessed ever since! Welcome to the MFC :lol:

Edited by ElizaWilson
  • Like 1

@TeeMarie I'm going to turn 14 in a couple months :)  

Any time I'm upset I like to listen to Mika too!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...