Hello! I would love to be added to the list as one of the two Mika fans from Montana (my friend being the other).

I am also older in age but young in spirit. I have been married for 33 years and have 2 married sons. One son is older than Mika and my younger is only one month younger than Mika. And I am now blessed with 3 granddaughters and a grandson. I work in real estate at a small local bank. And I love cats but don't have one right now. :original:

I first "heard" of Mika in the beginning of 2007. I heard his voice (not knowing what he looked like) and that was all it took. I bought LICM when it was first released and played it constantly. It just made me happy to hear his voice.

I have seen him in concert three times. Once in 2009 in Seattle, right after the ankle incident. My friend (the other Montana Mika fan) went with me and we had an awesome time. The second time was 2012 in Chicago. I went with my husband and had a great time visiting the city. However, like most husbands, he was not thrilled to see Mika! But I had enough excitement for both of us. :excite:

The third time was in March 2013, Easter Sunday, in Denver. The intimate tour. Again I went with my friend and it was the most incredible concert I have ever seen. The venue was small, we had the perfect place to stand, Mika sounded incredible, and best of all I met some other great Mika fans.

I will always be a fan of Mika no matter what. His music and voice have brought so much joy to my life that there is no way I would ever be able to repay him.

I was also at the Chicago show in Oct 2012 with my daughter! Where were you standing? We were up front.

I love reading about you all :hug:

Guylaine, I live next to the Belgian border and, even though I'm French and can't speak Dutch ( I can just understand basic written Dutch), I spent a lot of time over there when I was a teenager ;) My dad, brother and I have started genealogical research and we've got, like most people from my area, Belgian & French origins. On his mother's side, my husband has got French, Belgian and Dutch origins. His father and all his paternal family tree are Polish.

edit: forgot to say, one of my husband's Polish cousins has emigrated to the USA and lives in Tomball, Texas.

I attempted to something like genealogical research, it was just using anscetry.com though :aah: I didn't get much out of it than what I already know though. But one thing I did learn was that my grandma, who is polish as well, changed her name after her family was here. They were getting discriminated against because they were poles so having non-polish names helped them I suppose.

Texas is a great state. My parents met and got married there in Dallas. :original:

I love this new thread already. It's becoming very much the embodiment of American itself. :pinkbow:

I was also at the Chicago show in Oct 2012 with my daughter! Where were you standing? We were up front.

We were sitting in the front row of the balcony. I really wanted to stand in front by the stage but I thought my husband would be more comfortable where he could sit down. I don't know how anyone could sit during a Mika concert but he did! However, I stood through the entire show and did enough dancing and singing for both of us!

I wanted to wait after the Chicago show to see Mika but we left too soon. At both the Seattle and Denver shows my friend and I waited around after the show and were able to say hello to Mika and talk with other fans.

Have you been to any other Mika shows?

We were sitting in the front row of the balcony. I really wanted to stand in front by the stage but I thought my husband would be more comfortable where he could sit down. I don't know how anyone could sit during a Mika concert but he did! However, I stood through the entire show and did enough dancing and singing for both of us!

I wanted to wait after the Chicago show to see Mika but we left too soon. At both the Seattle and Denver shows my friend and I waited around after the show and were able to say hello to Mika and talk with other fans.

Have you been to any other Mika shows?

Chicago was my first. My daughter won tickets on his Facebook page.

We also saw him in Minneapolis on his Intimate tour. I wrote a review on that thread if you want to read it.

We stayed and met him both times. Chicago there were about 100 people so it wasn't very personal, just signed our tix. In MN there were only about 25-30 so we actually talked to him. We also met Curtis and Max. No one else saw them so I ran over and chatted for a few minutes.

Edited by Nicóla Ronaa
Typo

101, what a perfect number for a Disney fan

10110.jpg

Aww, and that movie is one of my favorites! In fact, I have a stuffed Cruella de Vil perched atop my workstation here. :wink2:

I realized others are saying how they discovered Mika and I didn't. So here's my loooong story (sorry!), because I don't think I’ve ever taken the time to type out the complete version & it kiiiiiinda relates to America:

Dee, I absolutely loved reading your "origin" story! Thanks so much for sharing it!

I will always be a fan of Mika no matter what. His music and voice have brought so much joy to my life that there is no way I would ever be able to repay him.

Yeah, I get that. I feel that way as well. :thumb_yello:

Hope you don't mind me lurking around...

As if! :naughty:

hey wait a minute!

I was born in the USA! so i can be added to your list! :yay:

You know that my maiden name was Martin as well, right? Perhaps we're related! :teehee:

To all of my American MFC friends and to the world of MFCers!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2014.

Happy new year to you too!:cheers:

So what's everyone planning on doing for the holiday? Anyone going to Times Square to see the big ball drop?

Happy new year to you too!:cheers:

So what's everyone planning on doing for the holiday? Anyone going to Times Square to see the big ball drop?

Ack. No Times Square for me. When I was younger, we went out for New Year's Eve every year (best was the year we went to a party at our friends' and they ended up taking us to a bar that was holding a drag queen competition -- what a night!), but the last few, we've been real homebodies. We'll stay home, snack all night on finger foods and watch old movies like the Marx Brothers or The Thin Man series. After the craziness of the last month, I'm actually looking forward to that. :blush-anim-cl:

Hi,

I live in Arizona, but I used to live in PA. I am still a student. My real name is not Gail, it's Amber. However, Gail Hutchens is the name that I use for anything online. I think that I'm the only MFCer here in the desert, but if you are here too and I just don't know, let me know. I'd love to have someone close to me who is as big a Mika fan as I am :mikadas:

Hi, I'm Moongirl :)

I've never had a chance to see Mika in concert, but I'd do anything to have that chance. I'd love to tell him how much his music inspires me and how much it helps me in life. :wink2: But there are so many people who have that same experience! I think his music has a different effect on everyone. I can't really describe it. Music is such a powerful force.

I don't listen to most contemporary music, mostly just classical (piano...) and Mika. Odd combination. I'm trying to play Mika's songs on the piano, but it's hard just listening by ear. I think I'll try to get the songbooks. :mikadas:

Does anyone know if Mika gets a lot of fan mail?

Edited by Moongirl15

Hi,

I live in Arizona, but I used to live in PA. I am still a student. My real name is not Gail, it's Amber. However, Gail Hutchens is the name that I use for anything online. I think that I'm the only MFCer here in the desert, but if you are here too and I just don't know, let me know. I'd love to have someone close to me who is as big a Mika fan as I am :mikadas:

Hi um... Gail! i think i've seen at least one other person from AZ on MFC, but i might've just been reading old posts someone who doesn't post anymore. :dunno:

Hi, I'm Moongirl :) My real name is Elda, but I rarely use it online!

I've never had a chance to see Mika in concert, but I'd do anything to have that chance. I'd love to tell him how much his music inspires me and how much it helps me in life. :wink2: But there are so many people who say that! I think his music has a different effect on everyone. I can't really describe it. Music is such a powerful force.

I don't listen to most contemporary music, mostly just classical (piano...) and Mika. Odd combination! I'm trying to play Mika's songs on the piano, but it's hard just listening by ear. I think I'll try to get the songbooks! :mikadas:

i have two of the three songbooks but i can't play anything or read music, so my fave is the LICM one because it has a few big color photos of Mika :teehee:

i don't know if he gets a lot of fanmail. He sure gets a lot of fan tweets tho

:bye:

I want to be an honorary American. I think I have been to more American gigs than Canadian ones. :naughty:

I have done some genealogical research too Cat and discovered one of my ancestors came here from the US about 20 years after the Revolution. Apparently Ontario was mostly populated by Americans at that time since Canada was giving away free land to settlers. I had no idea and thought everyone was coming from England and Scotland. They were a well established family with deep roots in New England (mostly Vermont and Connecticut).

Pandora I definitely saw you in Seattle but I was not sure if it was you in Chicago. I should have just asked. We also went up to the balcony because it was too cold and miserable to queue all day.

Nicola that is cool that you discovered Mika through Brian May. So many of the early fans on MFC did as well. I didn't hear of Mika until a few months later on London radio just as Grace Kelly was first getting airplay. Did you know he was at Mika's Sadlers Wells gig? It was recorded for the deluxe version of TBWKTM although the US CD is different so I don't know if you have it. Anyway he was chatting to some Mika fans in the lobby during intermission but he started gathering a lot of attention and had to make a hasty exit. :teehee:

Something I've been wondering....I'm the only one I know who's heard of Mika where I come from. And I live in the US. I KNOW he's popular in the US! So why isn't anyone I know familiar with him??

I introduced his music to one of my friends, and we talk about it sometimes, but it's not the same. I wish he were more popular here....then again, it'd be weird because it's like his music is my own little world here and then everyone would have access to it...but still :)

Edited by Moongirl15

Quote: i have two of the three songbooks but i can't play anything or read music, so my fave is the LICM one because it has a few big color photos of Mika :teehee:

i don't know if he gets a lot of fanmail. He sure gets a lot of fan tweets tho

Really?! That's awesome! I just hope the songs in the books are arranged how he plays them....:) Haha yeah, gotta love the huge color photos! :mikadas: I don't have a Twitter or a Facebook or anything like that, so I'd more easily send fan mail. I just want to know if it's likely he himself will read it or if someone else kind of manages it for him....I know he would read it if he could, but he probably doesn't have the time! Depending on how many letters he gets. :)

Edited by Moongirl15
messed up the quote! Oops..

Hi Moongirl! I hear that Mika gets a LOT of fan mail. So much that they can't answer it all individually.

You didn't say where you're from -- or did I miss it? :blink:

Hi,

Hi Gail! Where in PA? I'm originally from Pittsburgh. I have family that lives in Mesa, AZ -- but I'm quite sure they aren't Mika fans, sorry. :naughty:

Oh......yeah, that figures. See, I as I said before I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or anything of the sort, so if I were to send Mika something it would have to be fan mail! Well, he reads SOME of them at least, right? Then again if someone manages it for him, maybe not....what do you think?

Also, I'm from the United States (Pennsylvania :thumb_yello:)

Oh......yeah, that figures. See, I as I said before I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or anything of the sort, so if I were to send Mika something it would have to be fan mail! Well, he reads SOME of them at least, right? Then again if someone manages it for him, maybe not....what do you think?

Also, I'm from the United States (Pennsylvania :thumb_yello:)

If you go at the very bottom of this post, you'll find 2 mail address for Mika http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php?faq=mfaqs#faq_mo_1

Something I've been wondering....I'm the only one I know who's heard of Mika where I come from. And I live in the US. I KNOW he's popular in the US! So why isn't anyone I know familiar with him?? I have no one to talk to about his music! I introduced his music to one of my friends, and we talk about it (or rather, she puts up with my fangirling!), but it's not the same. She doesn't know as much about him or his music as I do. I wish he were more popular where I'm from....then again, it'd be weird because it's like his music is my own little world and then everyone would have access to it...but still :)

I know how you feel, Moongirl. I'm all alone here in Wisconsin too! Well, until I joined here. My family is about ready to kill me because they are so tired of hearing my Mika Trivia and looking at cute pictures of Mel, and hearing me say, "Just LISTEN to him sing that note!" Someday I'm going to see someone wearing his Swatch, and I'm just going to attack them :naughty:. Until then he's my own little special gift.

Pandora I definitely saw you in Seattle but I was not sure if it was you in Chicago. I should have just asked. We also went up to the balcony because it was too cold and miserable to queue all day.

I wish we could have met too Christine. I hadn't been a member of the MFC for very long before the Seattle concert so I didn't really know who anyone was. I'm sure you saw me up in the balcony in Chicago! I was in the front row, I had on a bright yellow shirt, screaming the words to every song, and embarrassing the heck out of my husband! It would have been cool to meet you in person. I'm sure we will end up together at another Mika concert in the future.

And I vote that you should be an honorary American! :thumb_yello:

Hi Gail! Where in PA? I'm originally from Pittsburgh. I have family that lives in Mesa, AZ -- but I'm quite sure they aren't Mika fans, sorry. :naughty:

I used to live in Mesa, but my family recently moved to Gilbert, which is only a city over. Shame they aren't fans though:tears:And I lived in Allentown for a few years. I was really young, so I don't really know the area very well. Is that close to Pittsburgh?

:bye:

I want to be an honorary American. I think I have been to more American gigs than Canadian ones. :naughty:

Nicola that is cool that you discovered Mika through Brian May. So many of the early fans on MFC did as well. I didn't hear of Mika until a few months later on London radio just as Grace Kelly was first getting airplay. Did you know he was at Mika's Sadlers Wells gig? It was recorded for the deluxe version of TBWKTM although the US CD is different so I don't know if you have it. Anyway he was chatting to some Mika fans in the lobby during intermission but he started gathering a lot of attention and had to make a hasty exit. :teehee:

Added :thumb_yello:

i knew Mika & Brian May knew each other from Koko & the Queen exhibit, but i didnt know Brian May was @ the Sadler's Wells gig :o

Something I've been wondering....I'm the only one I know who's heard of Mika where I come from. And I live in the US. I KNOW he's popular in the US! So why isn't anyone I know familiar with him?? I have no one to talk to about his music! I introduced his music to one of my friends, and we talk about it (or rather, she puts up with my fangirling!), but it's not the same. She doesn't know as much about him or his music as I do. I wish he were more popular where I'm from....then again, it'd be weird because it's like his music is my own little world and then everyone would have access to it...but still :)

I can totally relate to all this, especially the last line. I want him to be at least well known enough here that ppl won't ask me who My-kuh is and i want him to tour here even in smaller cities, but then again he's our special little secret treasure and i don't want just any random music dabbler to have him. It's a delicate balance!

I used to live in Mesa, but my family recently moved to Gilbert, which is only a city over. Shame they aren't fans though:tears:And I lived in Allentown for a few years. I was really young, so I don't really know the area very well. Is that close to Pittsburgh?

i think Allentown is closer to Philadelphia than Pittsburgh. Even though i live in Nebraska i've been to Philly like 12 times or smth. I've never been to Allentown, but i've been to Doylestown which is kinda midway between Allentown and Philly. Allentown is almost directly north of them.

BTW Moongirl & Gail, do you want to be added to the Americans list? i didn't want to assume :teehee:

Added :thumb_yello:

i knew Mika & Brian May knew each other from Koko & the Queen exhibit, but i didnt know Brian May was @ the Sadler's Wells gig :o

I can totally relate to all this, especially the last line. I want him to be at least well known enough here that ppl won't ask me who My-kuh is and i want him to tour here even in smaller cities, but then again he's our special little secret treasure and i don't want just any random music dabbler to have him. It's a delicate balance!

i think Allentown is closer to Philadelphia than Pittsburgh. Even though i live in Nebraska i've been to Philly like 12 times or smth. I've never been to Allentown, but i've been to Doylestown which is kinda midway between Allentown and Philly. Allentown is almost directly north of them.

BTW Moongirl & Gail, do you want to be added to the Americans list? i didn't want to assume :teehee:

I'm glad you feel exactly the same way I do! It's so comforting :D I get the whole My-kuh thing too. And sure, add me to the Americans list! Thanks! :thumb_yello:

I know how you feel, Moongirl. I'm all alone here in Wisconsin too! Well, until I joined here. My family is about ready to kill me because they are so tired of hearing my Mika Trivia and looking at cute pictures of Mel, and hearing me say, "Just LISTEN to him sing that note!" Someday I'm going to see someone wearing his Swatch, and I'm just going to attack them :naughty:. Until then he's my own little special gift.

Thank you! It's so good not to be alone!! :D I don't bother my family TOO much with his music....because before Mika all I listened to obsessively was piano, and it'd shock them too much to hear this! It's SO hard not to talk about him all the time though! I've gotten my sister into it a little...but I'm about ready to burst! I need people to talk to! So I came here. :) And just listening to his music comforts me :naughty: I can't help laughing out loud sometimes when I hear those high notes though! "'Just LISTEN to him sing that note!'" That's me all the time :wink2: