Lightning in February. Cool!:eek:

I swear that I heard thunder a couple of nights ago. Strange for February. I guess the Northern Lights were really spectacular over in North Dakota. I didn't think you could see them this far south but I guess you can.

Figure skating is my favorite. I think the right person won the women's event.

When I saw some of those curling pants, I said to the kids, "Even Mika wouldn't wear something so bright. "

Oh, yeah, some of the designs were over the top, but I still like them on principle. And some of them I just find attractive and would love to see Mika in. :teehee:

I swear that I heard thunder a couple of nights ago. Strange for February. I guess the Northern Lights were really spectacular over in North Dakota. I didn't think you could see them this far south but I guess you can.

I haven't seen northern lights recently (it always seems to be cloudy over my head when they're predicted and I actually go outside to check :wink2:), but I've seen them several times in my life, here in North Dakota. One of the times was AMAZING, bright blue swirling all over the sky, it blew my mind!

Figure skating is my favorite. I think the right person won the women's event.

When I saw some of those curling pants, I said to the kids, "Even Mika wouldn't wear something so bright. "

It is mine as well, but wasn't able to watch much this week.

I'm watching the figure skating right now. I know if I don't watch it live somehow I'll find out the results. Plus, they show all the skaters, not just the ones they think we want to see. Can't wait to see the final group. I love the Olympics, especially the winter ones. But I hate it when they end.

Charlie White is my Olympic crush.

I wish the olympics could go on all the time :teehee: Sometimes i'll watch the primetime coverage, then at like one in the morning i'll watch the repeat of it :freak:

I like the figure skating too, last night's ladies result was a suprise! Snowboard cross & short-track speed skating are my fave events.

I haven't been watching too much of the Olympics. It's weird, if I hear the outcome ahead of time, I won't watch the replay later that night.

Except CURLING! I will always watch Curling!

So far ive managed to avoid most spoilers. I did hear Shaun White didnt medal but i still watched it and was all tense anyway xD

I'm obsessed with curling! I have watched all the matches shown on tv (except the last couple which are waiting on my dvr). I can't explain why it fascinates me so much.

I've also watched all the figure skating. I'm not patriotic, and don't care at all who wins anything, I just enjoy watching. I was kind of rooting for Norway to win curling, though, because PANTS. :naughty:

I never wouldve guessed Mika has so many fans who like to watch curling! It's about the only event i haven't watched. i blame NBC for that cuz it turns i'll watch any olympics i can get my eyes on but i don't have cable.

Really? Oh the northern lights would be amazing to see in person. I'm a bit too far south :(

Was it precipitating when you heard the thunder, or was it just random out of nowhere? Yesterday the weather forecasters were saying we could get "thunder snow" in our area. We did get a bit of snow, but i didnt hear any thunder.

The only time I've really seen decent Northern Lights was way up in Northern Wisconsin, almost in the UP. They were spectacular. Green and dancing all over the sky.

Weird weather today. A light snow in the morning and really strong winds. It was like a blizzard. Now we have really strange snowdrifts in random places. But at least it is sunny.

I'm jealous of those of you who can see the Northern Lights! I had to go to Iceland to see them! :naughty:

And we had thunder today -- it was a freaky 60 degrees and raining all day. Weird weather for us in February for sure.

I'm jealous of those of you who can see the Northern Lights! I had to go to Iceland to see them! :naughty:

And we had thunder today -- it was a freaky 60 degrees and raining all day. Weird weather for us in February for sure.

I grew up in MN and I can only remember seeing the aurora borealis once.

• 2 weeks later...
Sold another copy of TOOL at work! Over a year after the release...

I still got it!

:hi5: well done!

at my work TOOL has been checked out 31 times (like 3 or 4 of which were prolly me :teehee:). Hopefully some of these checkouts are translating into sales :pray:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, noob alert!

Well, noob HERE... been a Mika lover since "Cartoon"... so I'm new to you!

I'm an artist of sorts - a jewelry designer/merchant, all original designs - writer, the lady who dances and sings at the bus stop, hockey junkie, and all sorts of crazy stuff. Nearly lifelong Queeniac.

Can't say I'm going into my second childhood - I was an adult as a child, am so much younger now than I was then on so many levels. My personal word of the moment is FEARLESS.

Oh, and I live in eastern Washington state, so I highly doubt I will find many Mika Maniacs on this side of the pass... but I do get to the Seattle area every so often, so wouldn't mind finding new folks in the region!

Hi, noob alert!

Well, noob HERE... been a Mika lover since "Cartoon"... so I'm new to you!

I'm an artist of sorts - a jewelry designer/merchant, all original designs - writer, the lady who dances and sings at the bus stop, hockey junkie, and all sorts of crazy stuff. Nearly lifelong Queeniac.

Can't say I'm going into my second childhood - I was an adult as a child, am so much younger now than I was then on so many levels. My personal word of the moment is FEARLESS.

Oh, and I live in eastern Washington state, so I highly doubt I will find many Mika Maniacs on this side of the pass... but I do get to the Seattle area every so often, so wouldn't mind finding new folks in the region!

Welcome! :bye:

Aw, that sounds like a fun job! I'd love to see some of your designs. I'm thinking of trying something like that myself, but with hair accessories and selling them on Etsy. :naughty:

You'd be surprised, us Mika fans are all over the states. :usa:

I can tell you where to look on Facebook, if it's allowed... is it?

Hey there :) i'd like to see your designs too. Yeah FB is allowed although if theyre Mikaish you could post them in the Mikaish/Mikalike/Mikatastic thread.

So you're from Washington state? Did you get a chance to see Mika live when he was over that way last year?

Hey there :) i'd like to see your designs too. Yeah FB is allowed although if theyre Mikaish you could post them in the Mikaish/Mikalike/Mikatastic thread.

So you're from Washington state? Did you get a chance to see Mika live when he was over that way last year?

No, I haven't been to anything Mika-esque as yet. My budget is rather limited at this point in my life, as I'm looking for a regular job. The jewelry isn't a reliable source of $$ yet!

I don't know that you could call my work "Mikaish" - it's more Bohemian and hippie-ish in some cases, more "genteel" in others. It's at Kez's Treasures on FB, feel free to come over and have a look and drop me a hello in the shop inbox! :pbjt: I promise I didn't join just to have you come over and look, but since you asked... feel free to do just that!

I'm popping in here to ask something weird....

Since some people are writing in the italian thread to improve their italian, am I allowed to ask here for some hints about english? :sweatdrop:

I'm popping in here to ask something weird....

Since some people are writing in the italian thread to improve their italian, am I allowed to ask here for some hints about english? :sweatdrop:

Of course! I think there is also an english thread too, just for people who need help with their english. :thumb_yello:

Need anything now?

Of course! I think there is also an english thread too, just for people who need help with their english. :thumb_yello:

Need anything now?

I'm always willing to help.

The least I can do as I stumble through my Italian.

Erm Sup :mf_rosetinted: xD idk, I'm American. I should probably be here xD

I see know that I should probably introduce myself xD lol fail.

I'm from the crap state of New York :thumbdown: But aside from that I LOVE MUSIC, I practically live off it and obsess over it an unhealthy amount. I'm also an Otaku and I love Japanese culture. Oh and did I mention I cosplay (Yes I am one of those weirdos :aah:) Hehehe cx Hmmm, I guess I should say I'm mysophobic (Basically I'm a germaphobe as people put it. :rolleyes::naughty:) Oh, and I'm still a student :P

Edited by rachie b

Hi Rachie, I'm new too, welcome to the fun!

I love Japanese culture too - have a good collection of yaoi over here, and a daughter who loves manga and anime - and have for years upon years. My home has a strong Asian influence.

Can totally relate to the music addiction... are you musical at all? I'm a fair singer (considering I've had no lessons) and play one heck of a kazoo, but beyond that, nope... working on forming a kazoo marching band here (where I live) for fun and giggles.

Oh, then I should look for it, I don't want to get OT.... Any clue about where to find it?