Hi Rachie, I'm new too, welcome to the fun!

I love Japanese culture too - have a good collection of yaoi over here, and a daughter who loves manga and anime - and have for years upon years. My home has a strong Asian influence.

Can totally relate to the music addiction... are you musical at all? I'm a fair singer (considering I've had no lessons) and play one heck of a kazoo, but beyond that, nope... working on forming a kazoo marching band here (where I live) for fun and giggles.

Hahaha yaoi is the **** xD lol That's awesome, I have my little manga collection and I watch anime a lot too :biggrin2:

Well I can play the hammered dulcimer (used to play the piano but I quit because I hate it :naughty:) and I've been told I sing pretty well :)

Yay for kazoos xD You'll have to send me and invite to the band xD lol

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, and yes! Please add me to the list! :mikacool:

Sorry, i mustve seen this post but forgotten that's my cue :doh: You're #106

I see know that I should probably introduce myself xD lol fail.

I'm from the crap state of New York :thumbdown: But aside from that I LOVE MUSIC, I practically live off it and obsess over it an unhealthy amount. I'm also an Otaku and I love Japanese culture. Oh and did I mention I cosplay (Yes I am one of those weirdos :aah:) Hehehe cx Hmmm, I guess I should say I'm mysophobic (Basically I'm a germaphobe as people put it. :rolleyes::naughty:) Oh, and I'm still a student :P

Welcome, welcome. I quite love New York, though ive only been to NYC so perhaps im not a good judge :teehee:

Shall i add you to the list Rachie? You'd be lucky #107

Well!

It appears I didn't give a proper introduction, so I suppose I'd best get at it, huh?

I'm Kez, soon to be 50, current resident of the Pacific Northwest (eastern Washington state) but would like to be able to relocate sometime in the fairly near future. Haven't quite figured out a place and just took a new job here, so I doubt it'll be as soon as I would like! I was born about 30 miles east of where I now live, in the Idaho panhandle, have spent five years in Seattle and thereabouts, and a year in Virginia. Even so, I have not traveled enough to suit myself, and someday I'd like to buy an RV and be able to travel the US, selling jewelry that I make and attending concerts when and where I like.

I am a loudmouthed Yankee who advocates for the disadvantaged, especially the homeless, and a shelved social sciences/communications major. No idea when I will finish. I also write on a variety of subjects and do the odd bit of karaoke, but I love love LOVE to dance and am still fairly flexible, after a series of unfortunate events.

I have a wicked sense of humor, I've been told, and think that most of what I write is meant to NOT be taken seriously, so don't get too freaked out if I get a little crazy sometimes. I'm in the process of living my first childhood and it's not the same as premature senility! MFC is going to be one of several "second homes" and it's a vacation retreat much of the time, where I go to be with friends and make new ones. Always glad to meet people and say hello, so...... HELLO SUNSHINES!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is for me, anyway...

I don't like to wear it too much for several reasons.

1. My co-workers make fun of me.

2. I don't want it to wear out. The metallic decal is starting to fade slightly despite the fact that I am careful when I wash it.

3. NO ONE [customers] ever notices my shirt...sniff...

Well, it is for me, anyway...

I don't like to wear it too much for several reasons.

1. My co-workers make fun of me.

2. I don't want it to wear out. The metallic decal is starting to fade slightly despite the fact that I am careful when I wash it.

3. NO ONE [customers] ever notices my shirt...sniff...

I wore one of mine yesterday, and washed the other two.

Nobody makes fun of me, but then, nobody notices it either. Well, my dad does, and I say, "That's the guy I was telling you about" and that's as far as it goes.

I can't wear mine to work anymore. No shirts with print on them are allowed, but i used to wear mine to work a lot. No one ever commented on them tho :(

Nicola, i'd notice :teehee:

Also, i dont work today but i'll wear one of my Mika shirts in a spirit of camaraderie!

I can't wear mine to work anymore. No shirts with print on them are allowed, but i used to wear mine to work a lot. No one ever commented on them tho :(

Nicola, i'd notice :teehee:

Also, i dont work today but i'll wear one of my Mika shirts in a spirit of camaraderie!

You could come down to the store and show it off! :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Ellen, so I just joined, and I was invited to join the American Thread, so here I am! I live in California and from the list it appears I am...American #107!

Thankyou all so much for your kind replies, I feel so welcome! You're all so nice! And I did join the American thread, thanks for the invitation, it's nice to know there are more of my fellow Americans than I thought. I really want to do some traveling in the next few years, maybe someday I can meet some of you in person at a Mika concert! That would be a dream come true:aah:

Hi again, Ellen!

You found us!

I've had a traveling jones for a long time myself, I can totally relate. Haven't been to my first Mika concert yet but looks like I might be headed to Montreal next February, so I am very excited. Did you catch the Nutella gig recently?

I really want to do some traveling in the next few years, maybe someday I can meet some of you in person at a Mika concert! That would be a dream come true:aah:

Hey! Im Lucy, Im from Cali too! :pinkbow: Maybe I'll see ya at future Mika shows! Are you NorCal or SoCal?

Im from the bay area but have been going to LA for the last couple of tours so I can hug and kiss all the Cali MFCers i possibly can. :huglove:

Hi again, Ellen!

You found us!

I've had a traveling jones for a long time myself, I can totally relate. Haven't been to my first Mika concert yet but looks like I might be headed to Montreal next February, so I am very excited. Did you catch the Nutella gig recently?

ooh yay another west coast-er heading to montreal? I've never been to the east coast. :aah: So its exciting.

ooh yay another west coast-er heading to montreal? I've never been to the east coast. :aah: So its exciting.

Yes! I'll be heading out from Seattle by then. I'd love to find other people from the area who will be traveling so maybe we could coordinate our travel plans, share expenses, etc. Are there any out there?

I spent 10 months in Virginia (all I could afford, it's expensive out there!) and would love to be able to go again when I have more money to burn.

Make sure you put your state in the tag at the bottom.

It's nice to know how much of the US we fans are covering!

OK, I've added my tag :thumb_yello:

And I'm sorry I missed "Mika shirt" day, although since I work from home it's not that big a deal. I wear my Mika shirts a lot and my boss never says a word. :wink2:

ceebs, if you don't have a Mika shirt, you'll want to keep an eye out for one of our competitions. We usually do a couple giveaways a year, if Mika's team is good enough to give us the merch.

And Kezza, whereabouts in Virginia were you? That's where I am right now. :original:

And I'm sorry I missed "Mika shirt" day, although since I work from home it's not that big a deal. I wear my Mika shirts a lot and my boss never says a word. :wink2:

ceebs, if you don't have a Mika shirt, you'll want to keep an eye out for one of our competitions. We usually do a couple giveaways a year, if Mika's team is good enough to give us the merch.

And Kezza, whereabouts in Virginia were you? That's where I am right now. :original:

Thanks. I'll watch out for that,. I feel lacking. That giant eye one creeps me out, though. :shocked:

Yaayyy another Californian! Socal, San Diego to be exact, I live a couple hours from L.A and I can't drive yet but I would so ride a bus for two hours to see Mika, despite my hate for public transit...anything for Mika lol.

Also, it appears I put my thankyou post for my intro thread in the wrong place! I shall fix that now. Eep.

I've since gotten a couple more. Kind of relieved that Mika's shirts that are available aren't as extensive as Queen ones. I have over 60 of those.

I have a few extras that I'm going to be reconstructing over the summer, if anyone'd be interested...

Deb - I'm not in VA now, but I was in Woodbridge during the 2010-2011 academic year, attending college.