Mikasister

Agree 100%

And TM did post about this in the last month on FB, so if people choose to ignore their posts, and just jump on any unconfirmed gigs that appear, they can't complain to Guido. They should have a go at whoever is posting the false information.

Indeed. It's totally crazy people attack anyone from his team in a situation like this. Looks false information is already causing extra trouble for Mika and his team and now people were making it only worse.

Btw, where does all this false information come from? Is it typical that artists face something like this? Of course there are always "rumors" but this seems more systematic.

Indeed. It's totally crazy people attack anyone from his team in a situation like this. Looks false information is already causing extra trouble for Mika and his team and now people were making it only worse.

Btw, where does all this false information come from? Is it typical that artists face something like this? Of course there are always "rumors" but this seems more systematic.

Seems so, so sorry for Mikas team and the man himself

They still have the announce posted on FB :sneaky2:

What scares me is how easy it seems to be for some cheaters to create a fake managment and sell Mika or any other artist for gigs. Even if the artists don´t know anything about it there will be a bad taste for some time.

Seems so, so sorry for Mikas team and the man himself

Yes. Unnecessary mess and work for them.

They still have the announce posted on FB :sneaky2:

And as long as it's there people can share it through their FB...

What scares me is how easy it seems to be for some cheaters to create a fake managment and sell Mika or any other artist for gigs. Even if the artists don´t know anything about it there will be a bad taste for some time.

It's scaring easy! I guess they do it for money?

and just jump on any unconfirmed gigs

This time it was different, it wasn't just any rumour, it was on the official homepage and facebook page of the volleyball club and they confirmed it's true and that they had a contract when they were asked and phoned. Of course in good belief, they were convinced at that time they had that contract before they had to realize that it was a fraud after the started some inquiries after the post of Mika Italia. And from most I've read the frustration was about not getting information if it's true or not before the Mika Italia post.

What scares me is how easy it seems to be for some cheaters to create a fake managment and sell Mika or any other artist for gigs.

Yes, it's worrying. This must have been a good fake, they don't seem to be amateurs at that volleyball club, it was not the first contract the club made with a musician... I feel sorry for them.

But I've to say that they are handling it very well, clear informations and updates posted from the moment they realized that something didn't fit, now the handling of the refunding :thumb_yello:

This time it was different, it wasn't just any rumour, it was on the official homepage and facebook page of the volleyball club and they confirmed it's true and that they had a contract when they were asked and phoned. Of course in good belief, they were convinced at that time they had that contract before they had to realize that it was a fraud after the started some inquiries after the post of Mika Italia. And from most I've read the frustration was about not getting information if it's true or not before the Mika Italia post.

Some people hurried to buy tickets before the announcement by the official page, because they were worried that if Mika team would have confirmed it later, tickets would have been already sold out :dunno: as you wrote, they also called the volley club and they were sure it was all right...

But I agree that Mika team is the last one who has to be blamed in this crazy affair! :sneaky2:

Some people hurried to buy tickets before the announcement by the official page, because they were worried that if Mika team would have confirmed it later, tickets would have been already sold out :dunno:

I don't really blame them, I think I wouldn't have done different if I'd wanted to go to that thing :dunno: I think the risk of buying tickets of a false event was less than not getting tickets anymore after a confirmation. And even at that point it was to be expected that you would get your money back if it would turn out as wrong.

I don't really blame them, I think I wouldn't have done different if I'd wanted to go to that thing :dunno: I think the risk of buying tickets of a false event was less than not getting tickets anymore after a confirmation. And even at that point it was to be expected that you would get your money back if it would turn out as wrong.

Maybe I would have done the same if it would have happened near me, I'm not living in Italy at the moment, so, the only thing that I could think, was just like "WTF why should Mika be at an event like this at this moment?" :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, it all looks real and systematic and not just a rumor. That's I wonder if it's typical for artists to face something like this. These people must have done this before to cheat the organizers so easily!

I agree that it is less bad to buy a ticket being a false alarm than not be able to buy a ticket later. I might have done it too, I've probably bought tickets that way and probably will in the future. But it's always on my own risk and I know I can blame only myself if something goes wrong and that can always happen. People don't seem to realize the risk and it's good TM tells to be careful and always wait for official announcements.

I was actually surprised his team posted about it so late. They didn't see it earlier or they didn't realize the organizers officially confirmed it? I'm glad it wasn't true, lol. If it was true he would probably be doing other things like that as well (because it wouldn't be worth it to go there only for this particular event) and he is busy already. I'm secretly hoping he is doing album and concentrating on Montreal :naughty:

It just shows we shouldn't buy any tickets for an event until it is confirmed by Team Mika on his fb page.

Right! I don't know how many times I've said it. Even when things are posted on a festival site and it looks like something is true, unless it's posted on Mika's official FB page you cannot be guaranteed that it's actually been confirmed. I try to get confirmation on gigs and other things as soon as I hear about them, but I won't spread any news unless I'm sure it's true. We've been burned too many times in the past. :no:

I'm sorry, but I think this was exactly the same as a rumor, since it was on a random Facebook page, not on Mika's official FB or mikasounds.com. How can Team Mika confirm something if they don't even know about it?

I mean, they don't post all the things that they're contemplating, or all the gigs they turn down. How were they to know that this fake gig had been set up? Especially since the first time it came to light was over the weekend? :dunno:

I was actually surprised his team posted about it so late. They didn't see it earlier or they didn't realize the organizers officially confirmed it?

I wrote to Team Mika seeking confirmation as soon as I heard about it, and they responded quite quickly. It's not their fault that people bought tickets without waiting for confirmation.

I wrote to Team Mika seeking confirmation as soon as I heard about it, and they responded quite quickly. It's not their fault that people bought tickets without waiting for confirmation.

It's definitely not their fault and I'm not worried about people buying tickets because they did it with their own risk and should have waited as told many times. But this looks more serious and harmful for Mika and his team than random rumors on different web pages. The organizer was already officially selling tickets for the event and it looks that someone used his (or TM) name and identity to get money/benefit. And that's quite scary if it's true.

It's definitely not their fault and I'm not worried about people buying tickets because they did it with their own risk and should have waited as told many times. But this looks more serious and harmful for Mika and his team than random rumors on different web pages. The organizer was already officially selling tickets for the event and it looks that someone used his (or TM) name and identity to get money/benefit. And that's quite scary if it's true.

And I wonder how "the fake Mika management" thought to manage the thing if the real Mika Team wouldn't have arrived to clear up everything :shocked: Obviously Mika wouldn't have arrived at the event, and then?

This "fake management" story sounds ridiculous and implausible. Why is anyone taking the word of this organization? At best they are morons who have no idea what they are doing and at worst they were trying to pull something and are backtracking now because they got caught.

Just saw this on Weird Al Yankovic's FB page, and thought it might be of interest here. I've highlighted the few lines in bold that I think are relevant.

Hey guys! I’ve been reading all your comments, and I feel like I should clarify a few things…

First of all, this bears repeating – I basically have NO CONTROL over where I play. There’s no reason to thank me if I’m playing your city, and there’s REALLY no reason to get mad at me if I’m not. I don’t decide what city I play, or what venue I play, or what day I play. The way it works is, I tell my booking agency how long I’d like to tour, and then they put a tour together based on whatever offers come in from concert promoters. So if you want to twist somebody’s arm, maybe try your local concert promoter… but you don’t need to convince ME – believe me, I would love to play EVERYWHERE!

And secondly… you may have noticed there are a few holes in my otherwise packed touring schedule. This is because some dates haven’t been completely confirmed (like the Australia / NZ dates), and some dates we’re not allowed to announce yet for various legal/contractual reasons. All I can say is, please be patient… don’t give up hope quite yet… there are still a few more 2015 tour dates to be announced.

If I AM coming anywhere near you, I hope you can go… it’s going to be a great show!

I found it interesting that he pointed out how it's more important to let the PROMOTERS in your area know that you want him to perform there, than it is to let him know.

I also thought the part about not being able to release tour dates due to legal/contractual reasons was pertinent. I guess that plea to be patient applies to all of us sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear about Mika's tour. :wait::tumbleweed:

The way it works is, I tell my booking agency how long I’d like to tour, and then they put a tour together

This is the part I've bolded since I think it is the most relevant where Mika and has lack of tour dates are concerned. :mf_rosetinted:

This is the part I've bolded since I think it is the most relevant where Mika and has lack of tour dates are concerned. :mf_rosetinted:

:uhno:

It would be funny, if I wasn't afraid there was some truth to it.

Just saw this on Weird Al Yankovic's FB page, and thought it might be of interest here. I've highlighted the few lines in bold that I think are relevant.

I found it interesting that he pointed out how it's more important to let the PROMOTERS in your area know that you want him to perform there, than it is to let him know.

I also thought the part about not being able to release tour dates due to legal/contractual reasons was pertinent. I guess that plea to be patient applies to all of us sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear about Mika's tour. :wait::tumbleweed:

Love that you quoted Weird Al's words about his tour, as dates were just announced last night and he will be within a city bus ride away from me next September! (Which I'm sure you know, if you were loitering around his page... :fisch: )

So much is not in the individual act's control, yet you will see a post by a musician on FB, dozens and dozens of comments about "play here!" "play my city!/country!/etc!" - it's not like that, folks! I wish more people got that.

This "fake management" story sounds ridiculous and implausible. Why is anyone taking the word of this organization? At best they are morons who have no idea what they are doing and at worst they were trying to pull something and are backtracking now because they got caught.

I thought the very same thing ad soon ad I stumbled across this story!

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a ROUMOUR !!

:japan: Mika will back to JAPAN in May !!!

:fangurl:

:excite::excite::excite:

MIKA、5月に来日公演を行うことが決定

http://ro69.jp/news/detail/117968

Tokyo

東京 2015年5月26日(火)新木場STUDIO COAST

OPEN 18:00 / START 19:00

前売¥7,500(1d別)

(問)SMASH 03-3444-6751

Osaka

大阪 2015年5月27日(水)大阪NAMBA HATCH

1F: 立ち見 2F 指定席 前売¥7,500(1d別)

(問)SMASH WEST 06-6535-5569

It's not a ROUMOUR !!

:japan: Mika will back to JAPAN in May !!!

:fangurl:

:excite::excite::excite:

MIKA、5月に来日公演を行うことが決定

http://ro69.jp/news/detail/117968

Tokyo

東京 2015年5月26日(火)新木場STUDIO COAST

前売¥7,500(1d別)

(問)SMASH 03-3444-6751

Osaka

大阪 2015年5月27日(水)大阪NAMBA HATCH

1F: 立ち見 2F 指定席 前売¥7,500(1d別)

(問)SMASH WEST 06-6535-5569

I want to go sooo much :woot_jump:

I can't believe I'm going to Japan again (cross fingers fo me!), I'm seeing all (I hope :wink2:) Japanese friends and Mika of course :aah:

I want to go sooo much :woot_jump:

I can't believe I'm going to Japan again (cross fingers fo me!), I'm seeing all (I hope :wink2:) Japanese friends and Mika of course :aah:

I'd love to see you again in Tokyo and Osaka !!!!!!! :huglove:

Tokyo : 2015 / May 26th

Sinkiba Studio Coast

fee : 7500 yen

Osaka : 2015 / May 27th

Namba Hatch

fee : 7500 yen

Pre-order

February 10th 10:00 ~ February 13th 12:00

On sale