Mikasister

Mika will be performing at Francos Gourmandes the 13th of June (Neuilly sur Seine close to Paris) :naughty:

It's a Saturday !!

Tickets available for sale so far are the pass 2 days at 46€ but there will be passes for only one day (35€ for the Saturday)

Here is the link http://www.francosgourmandes.fr/

I think I'll be there :teehee:

Hello Lena, how are you? Tournus is not so close to Paris, isn't it? (It all depends what you call "close"!) It's in the South of Dijon, about 6 hours from your place, I guess. Will you be travelling there for the week-end? I'm hesitating... Toulouse is a bit far (more than 6 hours)... But I don't know yet...

Mika will be performing at Francos Gourmandes the 13th of June (Neuilly sur Seine close to Paris) :naughty:

It's a Saturday !!

Tickets available for sale so far are the pass 2 days at 46€ but there will be passes for only one day (35€ for the Saturday)

Here is the link http://www.francosgourmandes.fr/

I think I'll be there :teehee:

Considering this, as there will be food there :naughty:

But I wish he would do some gigs outside of France, and if he is, why can't they just announce them already, time is getting on ,and booking time off gets a bit sticky, the closer gigs gets.

Considering this, as there will be food there :naughty:

But I wish he would do some gigs outside of France, and if he is, why can't they just announce them already, time is getting on ,and booking time off gets a bit sticky, the closer gigs gets.

As he said ages ago that he was going to be doing "too much touring", he must have a pretty good idea of his schedule, so this piecemeal announcing of dates is really frustrating.

If we knew definitely he wasn't going to do any UK dates, a gig elsewhere in Europe would be a possibility. But I don't want to commit to a gig in France in case he announces one in the Netherlands, or Belgium.

As he said ages ago that he was going to be doing "too much touring", he must have a pretty good idea of his schedule, so this piecemeal announcing of dates is really frustrating.

If we knew definitely he wasn't going to do any UK dates, a gig elsewhere in Europe would be a possibility. But I don't want to commit to a gig in France in case he announces one in the Netherlands, or Belgium.

Exactly!

I would like to do one of the Swiss gigs, as I've never been there, but other than that, I would like to see some gigs closer to home. Heck, if he only does one festival here, do Eden again, that was the best festival gig he has done in the UK to date.

I honestly think there is zero chance of him doing anything in the UK other than a small gay club if we are lucky. I would love to be proved wrong of course.

But, as much as I totally agree that it is highly frustrating, let's face it, it's what we have been used to for the last eight years.... Drip drip drip.

Drives ya mad.

I don't want to annoy anyone with my optimism, but what if he's gonna do an actual headlining tour? A tour for the fourth album? Then what usually happens is that the tour is announced after the album is released. Those festivals are not managed by him so he doesn't have any say in when they are or when they are announced.. I'm expecting tour dates after the album release.

I thought he said "too many dates". Which by my reckoning is any more than half a dozen since he's done absolutely nothing for 2 years. :naughty:

A bunch of festivals is no tour as far as I am concerned.

I honestly think there is zero chance of him doing anything in the UK other than a small gay club if we are lucky. I would love to be proved wrong of course.

I don't see any reason he can't play a Koko or even Shepherd's Bush size venue. When TOOL was released he played two nights at a Koko sized venue in New York. Surely he can sell half as many tickets in London. Especially since half of Europe will descend on London like they always do. :naughty:

I don't want to annoy anyone with my optimism, but what if he's gonna do an actual headlining tour? A tour for the fourth album? Then what usually happens is that the tour is announced after the album is released.

Since festival season starts pretty much as the Voice is finishing it seems unlikely he's going to do a substantial headlining tour until at least September. People have been waiting 2 years for him to do anything at all in Europe so I can understand the frustration at still not knowing what the plans are as 2015 has begun to pass, like 2014 did, with no real news.

I thought he said "too many dates". Which by my reckoning is any more than half a dozen since he's done absolutely nothing for 2 years. :naughty:

A bunch of festivals is no tour as far as I am concerned.

I don't see any reason he can't play a Koko or even Shepherd's Bush size venue. When TOOL was released he played two nights at a Koko sized venue in New York. Surely he can sell half as many tickets in London. Especially since half of Europe will descend on London like they always do. :naughty:

Since festival season starts pretty much as the Voice is finishing it seems unlikely he's going to do a substantial headlining tour until at least September. People have been waiting 2 years for him to do anything at all in Europe so I can understand the frustration at still not knowing what the plans are as 2015 has begun to pass, like 2014 did, with no real news.

I think he will have at least one more crack at the UK market, starting with a couple at that sort of venue. After warming up on his better markets.

Maybe it's denial on my part - it just seems inconceivable that he'd ignore such an obvious market so near to his most successful places.

I think he could..... But wether he will or not is a different matter. Let's just hope. :crossed:

How many people do those venues hold?

I don't want to annoy anyone with my optimism, but what if he's gonna do an actual headlining tour? A tour for the fourth album? Then what usually happens is that the tour is announced after the album is released. Those festivals are not managed by him so he doesn't have any say in when they are or when they are announced.. I'm expecting tour dates after the album release.

I love your optimism! And that's what I'm counting on too :thumb_yello:

Only if the album does well. Otherwise they won't bother and it will just be two months like the TOOL tour.

How many people do those venues hold?

1500-2000. So the NYC gigs were 3000 people in total. And then he came back 6 months later and played another couple of gigs.

I don't see any reason he couldn't or wouldn't do at least one show like this in London. Like Ingie says if the album doesn't sell well there won't be an extensive headlining tour but since he's going to Japan it seems completely absurd that he wouldn't do at least one proper show in London when he's releasing new music.

• 2 weeks later...
1500-2000. So the NYC gigs were 3000 people in total. And then he came back 6 months later and played another couple of gigs.

I don't see any reason he couldn't or wouldn't do at least one show like this in London. Like Ingie says if the album doesn't sell well there won't be an extensive headlining tour but since he's going to Japan it seems completely absurd that he wouldn't do at least one proper show in London when he's releasing new music.

Ooooh, righto. Well considering Mika managed to sell out a venue in Sydney with 2200 people in 2009, so I definitely think he could do it in London.

It would be nice to see Mika do some actual shows rather than just festivals.

Ooooh, righto. Well considering Mika managed to sell out a venue in Sydney with 2200 people in 2009, so I definitely think he could do it in London.

It would be nice to see Mika do some actual shows rather than just festivals.

I never have and I would love that too :wub2:

Not close but it is in Spain :wink2: 3 hours by car, not bad :)

Thank you!

:thumb_yello: I looked at the map, and found it to be in the same "coast-line" as Barecelona :blush-anim-cl:

If MIKA gave a concert 3 hours by car from my place, I think I'd faint - by happiness!!... :aah:

Love,love

me