Your Favorite Song by Mika?

ManonR

Hey guys, I'm new here and just a bit curious. What's your favorite song by Mika?

Mine is definitely Tah Dah. There is just so much energy in the chorus, just like BAM!

A bit more about me and my addiction:

When I was little, when I saw Mika on TMF, which is like the Dutch MTV. I would listen to Relax all day. Back then, I only knew the songs Relax, Grace Kelly, Big Girl, Kick Ass and We are Golden, which is still one of my favorite. Through the years I kinda forgot about Mika. And this summer while I was on YouTube, I saw Popular Song in the suggestions. I was like, 'hey it's that curly guy Mika! But wait... he's less curly...'. Then I watched his videos over and over again, and before I knew it I was a MikaFreak. Since that day I have listened to his music every day.

Greetz from ManonR!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Manon

I only can tell which songs I don´t like or better I like less than all the other songs which are Blame It On The Girls and Pick Up Of The Floor and I mostly skip Celebrate and MYH on the album.

I admit that I like all his songs, but my favourite is Origin of love! I love its melody, the choirs make it so powerful and it takes you to another world! it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it and the lyrics are the best love declaration ever written! :wub2:

It depends on situations and moods, but there are some that are always just perfect in every moment of my life: Origin of Love, Underwater, Relax, Rain, I always love you when I'm drunk (acoustic).

I was like, 'hey it's that curly guy Mika! But wait... he's less curly...'. Then I watched his videos over and over again, and before I knew it I was a MikaFreak. Since that day I have listened to his music every day.

Yes, ha, I guess he is a little less curly now. :welcomeani:

My favourite song is Stardust. The electronic version starts with a tinkling sound like stardust falling from the sky and it always gives me a warm rush when it randomly plays on my iPod. There were a couple of really beautiful acoustic performances last year that touched me as well and I like the spirit of the song, Mika trying to reconnect with his lost love. I sing it in the shower every day (although I'm terrible :teehee:)

Like Sabine, I love most of his songs and find it too difficult to choose only one. So I could tell you about my least favourite: blame it on the weather and make you happy. I also skip it on a regular basis and skip the remixes of Mika's songs.

Edited by macboll

It depends on situations and moods, but there are some that are always just perfect in every moment of my life: Origin of Love, Underwater, Relax, Rain, I always love you when I'm drunk (acoustic).

I love the piano intro of the acoustic version of Drunk! dance.gif

If I really had to choose one, than I would probably take "Happy Ending" (album version). And live "Stardust".

It's hard to choose a favorite but mine will always be Blue Eyes

This is my favorite from TBWKTM too and this song live with the arrangements he did those last times when he sang "lerelelerele..." priceless :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]60jTUgfL24g[/YOUTUBE]

My interpretation is my favourite song:fisch:

One of my favorite from LICM :blush-anim-cl:

Underwater :swoon:

My favorite from TOOL :wub2:

But I love every single song of him. Every song gives me something different and special :wub2: and all the songs live are priceless, they can not compare with the album version :teehee:

This is my favorite from TBWKTM too and this song live with the arrangements he did those last times when he sang "lerelelerele..." priceless :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]60jTUgfL24g[/YOUTUBE]

One of my favorite from LICM :blush-anim-cl:

My favorite from TOOL :wub2:

But I love every single song of him. Every song gives me something different and special :wub2: and all the songs live are priceless, they can not compare with the album version :teehee:

I really like the new bluesy/jazzy version of Blue Eyes...

I have a special playlist on my iPod for my very favorite Mika songs! :teehee: I think my favorite is probably Grace Kelly (acoustic) because it's the first one I heard (actually, technically the second) and I can kind of fit into my life the purpose why it was written so it's rather comforting...or Love Today because it makes me happy. Or maybe Relax, because it calms me down...Gosh, all of his songs have such meaning and purpose! I love the piano and just the music overall of Lola, too.

One problem though. I love love love the music to The Origin of Love, but some of the lyrics I kind of don't agree with and I almost feel like I shouldn't listen to it...but I must admit it's a lovely declaration of love, as elliedo93 said.

I have a special playlist on my iPod for my very favorite Mika songs! :teehee: I think my favorite is probably Grace Kelly (acoustic) because it's the first one I heard (actually, technically the second) and I can kind of fit into my life the purpose why it was written so it's rather comforting...or Love Today because it makes me happy. Or maybe Relax, because it calms me down...Gosh, all of his songs have such meaning and purpose! I love the piano and just the music overall of Lola, too.

One problem though. I love love love the music to The Origin of Love, but some of the lyrics I kind of don't agree with and I almost feel like I shouldn't listen to it...but I must admit it's a lovely declaration of love, as elliedo93 said.

It is! :wink2:

Picking my favorite song would be like picking my favorite child. It isn't going to happen. Like I tell them, "There's little bits of you that make you special and lovable, but not one more than the other."

Picking my favorite song would be like picking my favorite child. It isn't going to happen. Like I tell them, "There's little bits of you that make you special and lovable, but not one more than the other."

Aww, that sums it up sooo well! :wub2:

My favourite ones : We are golden and Stardust. Those songs are perfect. I love them. But there're so much songs I love and I have sometime a big crush on a song I never really liked. Last week I almost cried on "Overrated" acoustic for no reason. :blink: