Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Wow, I'm coming back here after 2 CRAZY days, and what I find really warms my heart :wub2:

It seems you had much fun during yesterday too :wub2:

and you made an amazing job with links and translations :shocked::shocked: Huge thank you to everyone who did this :huglove::huglove:

I'll try to write a report of what happened "behind the scene", or maybe I should say "from the street", as that's where we were most of the day :naughty:

Links already posted, don't freak out nor waist time to watch it.

Here's the details he adds in this vid:

- Skyler hates french and went "Boum Boum Boum, even I can get what it means". This is why the first line of the song.

- the meaning of the song is that just shame doesn't feel ashamed, as he says in another song of his next album

- I'd like to tour but it takes much time, and tv demands time as well.

- I miss my coworkers from The Voice, both of them, euh, the three of them :teehee:

- the song is about love, it does fit to everybody, it's not a simple reaction to the argue on gay love. But of course I commited on it and it came out in a joyful way

- I agree on some kind of legal deal to be able to protect each other, but when it comes to a regular wedding, I don't know if my granny would come so I can't get married for her, but I totally agree on common law marriages, I'm no traditionalist, on the contrary, but I believe in protecting each other by law. I come from a big family and I told myself "why not". Why couldn't I love and protect a child if it was the right moment to do it. Or to adopt, there's plenty of children who need a home and to be protected. Yeah, why not. It's simple.

But this isn't the right moment, it would be utterly selfish and irresponsible to have a child in my situation

I totally admire the parents who were able to do it, for my mother and father as well, they supported someone like me: respect!

- talking about the pics some paparazzi shot of him and bf: they are just some pics about a couple who is taking a stroll and are together since many years, so what. It's not a shock, it's not a scandal, it's nothing. If it was a woman it would be nothing so what is the point of reacting in a negative way? I didn't. I told myself: well, it's a transition, and I was pleased that the text of the article didn't implied something sensational. It wasn't negative, it was just "here it is" and this is good, it shows that they didn't take a nasty point of view

Edited by Elwendin

Wow, I'm coming back here after 2 CRAZY days, and what I find really warms my heart :wub2:

It seems you had much fun during yesterday too :wub2:

and you made an amazing job with links and translations :shocked::shocked: Huge thank you to everyone who did this :huglove::huglove:

I'll try to write a report of what happened "behind the scene", or maybe I should say "from the street", as that's where we were most of the day :naughty:

hahahahaha fans' environment is always the pavement! :lmfao:

Chérie FM Facebook announces

14-15 June, 10h-13h

10348614_10154306764305595_1250101144894085527_n.jpg

Awesome, thanks!! I don't usually see this in Spain so... I will enjoy it now that I'm in Paris :wink2:

Yep, but we had so much fun... even if I wasn't with you all the time! I need more of this! :wub2:

So, everything started for me on Tuesday morning, as I spent most of my time calling radios, in order to try to get informations about the next days. I could have most of the answers, except a few radios that told me he wouldn't be there, but we learnt then through Twitter that he would be anyway :mf_rosetinted: I thought first that they had lied to me, but then I thought that maybe there were some changes between Tuesday morning and Wednesday, like for RTL and NRJ. After all, we are talking about Mika here, nothing is never sure with him :naughty: I don't dare to think that maybe my calls let them think that they could actually invite him :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

Then in the afternoon, some fans went to the venue where the show "La chanson de l'année" was supposed to be recorded in the evening. I finally decided not to go so early, mostly because it was raining cats and dogs :aah:

Then I arrived at le Zenith (the venue) around 7PM and met fans there. We were around 20 people I think. One of the fans had 8 Golden tickets to be more in the front, so we decided to give them to the fans who were coming from far away and / or were not seeing Mika often.

The venue was really huge, there was a very good feeling inside, even if really hot!!! :aah: The singers were good, but as it was recorded, they played most of the songs 2 times, which was quite boring actually :mf_rosetinted:

But then Mika and Kendji arrived, they sang "La Seine" as a duet. It was really nice to see Mika and hear him singing, but I didn't like the first performance so much... Kendji's voice was too loud compared to Mika imo, and he sang out of tune I think (don't know the song very well, but more fans thought that too). But thanks God, they made another try (this time, I didn't mind :teehee:) and this was much better. Mika's performance was absolutely beautiful imo (from what I could hear from there), he totally controlled his voice, bringing many feelings :wub2:

Then we were fed up and some of us left the venue. We then waited outside for Mika but here come the funny part (and you're allowed to laugh at me :mf_rosetinted:): His car left very shortly after we came, around 10:30 PM I think. BUT we thought that maybe he was not inside, then I went to ask a guy of the security who told me absolutely sure of himself that Mika was still here. WE BELIEVED HIM, which was one of my biggest mistake as a fan (first thing I learnt in Bourges, my first gig: NEVER trust a word of what security guys tell you :mf_rosetinted:). But how could we imagine that he would have lied in that direction? :aah: I mean, usually they tell us Mika left, when he is still inside. It was the first time someone told us he was still inside, when he actually left :aah::doh:

I don't even dare to tell you until which time we waited for him outside :mf_rosetinted: Simply know that I slept 2 hours this night, and that some people even choosed no to sleep at all :mf_rosetinted: But it was so much fun :naughty::wub2: We actually spent a nice time being all together waiting, so it was not lost time :naughty:

I actually have to tell you that I listend to the longer snippet of BBB just when the show started, so I was soooooooooo happy during all the evening, simply because I absolutely love the song!!!!! I think everybody (#saufE.A) [private jocke] was loving it too, we spent the evening dancing and singing on it :wub2:

(second part coming)

Edited by Alireine

(second part)

Then we took a taxi to go to my friend's place. We were 6 people in the car, and I thought we had to start promoting the single (as Sabine said on Twitter: If Universal doesn't promote Mika, we can do it ourselves :mf_rosetinted::huglove::wink2:). So I asked the taxi driver if he knows who Mika is. He said NO! :jawdrop: So I asked him the permission to let him hear one of his song, he was ok (he was actually having a lot of fun with us I think :wink2:), I was thinking of letting him listen to BBB, but then my friends looked at me strangely and I suddenly remembered the lyrics of the song :aah: Not so good for a first impression :naughty: So he finally listened to Relax (he actually knew it :thumb_yello:), Grace Kelly (no :aah:) and THEN BBB. He loved it :wub2:

So I'm sure now he will remember Mika and maybe buy the single :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Then, as I said, we arrived home, bought the single one or many times :wink2: , slept 2 hours or no hours, and arrived around 7:30 - 8 AM at NRJ radio the next day :mf_rosetinted:

Mika was already inside (he was not late :shocked: at that time of the day :teehee:), we listened to the interview live of NRJ on our phones, then Mika recorded the Cherie FM one (same building), and then when he came outside (with a very tired face) we applauded (? with hands to say bravo) to show him that we loved Boum Boum Boum, that made him happy :blush-anim-cl:

In order no to overwhelm him during the day, we had planned not to ask him many things (signatures, pics,...), and to focuss on one or 2 important things for every meeting. So this time we only asked him to make something special for a fan.

Then he left (his manager was already starting to hurry him up :mf_rosetinted:), and we left too, taking the subway to the next radio: RFM.

(next part coming)

Edited by Alireine

RTL2 interview: (link already posted)

- I liked very much to be able to stay a while in Paris

- The album was written mostly in LA and a bit in London, I locked up myself in a house among the hills for two months. I got out just 4 times. I had a garden but I didn't care, I wanted to find again this spirit with which since I wake up till I go to bed, it only matters to me to write songs and record them. This totally free myself.

- I recorded BBB voices in the bathroom and in the living room

- I needed to find again the attitude I had when I was 18 y.o. and I used to write songs at my place. Only songs writing did matter

- the song wasn't written with the purpose to talk sex and love in a political way, but as it comes from me, it's very easy to connect this song to myself, and to connect it to political engagement on the topic, I'm happy it can be related to it, cause I already commited to quite a lot of causes and actions to make it legal.

- Story of the restaurant + how they made the lyrics up: they first lookd for all the words which rhyme with boum and the added all the places where you do it. It was a game. But by doing this we also claimed that it's about tolerance, cause love is the same for everybody, it doesn't change

- about the sounds: it's a kind of mashup between french, spanish, arabic music as Fairouz used to do in the 60ies. I think it's vintage-libanese.

Edited by Elwendin

(part 3) sorry, it's because I'm on my Mika cloud and need to use many smileys :teehee:

RFM:

Of course, he was faster than us with his car :naughty:. We waited for him again (this day included a lot of waiting :mf_rosetinted::wink2:), many people arrived from everywhere and when he left the radio, he was quickly surrounded by people. Us, fans, were waiting behind a barrier (?), he came, took a few pics with the children of one of the fans, signed a book, talked about the single being available not only in France or Korea (as a Korean fan was telling him that Korean fans were loving BBB :wub2:), but also in other countries, like England. That's when I remembered poor Rose tweeting about BBB not being available anywhere in UK, and told him it was not available there. He seemed to be aware of the situation (which I liked very much, it shows that he cares about every countries and didn't forget UK :wink2::huglove:) and answered that it would be available in 30 minutes (that was obviously a mikaish "30 minutes", as I think it was only available the day after :teehee:).

One street behind was the other radio, RTL, that was sooo crowded! :shocked: We decided to leave and to take time to have lunch before the show of the afternoon: le Before du Grand Journal.

Many of us had registered themselves the days before to attend the show, so we were 25 I think (the girl in charge of the public was so nice with us, she helped us a lot for something special we wanted to do for a fan who can't attend often to a Mika event, and even managed to get more places for Mika fans :wub2:), that is one third of the public :teehee:

Here is the pic of a part of our crazy group :wink2:

Bp2NgYnCQAAlzfL.jpg

Behind: Manon, Leila (Lily on MFC), Maggie (Meggy on MFC), JiEun, Justine, Marie, Johann, Corinne, Gary, Maryanne, Nicole (Nicou on MFC)

Middle: Virginie / Ninie, Belen / Becks

Front: Audrey GR, Michèle (Mine on MFC), Audrey, Solange, Eva (Saphir on MFC)

Inside it was very small, and the recording of the show with Mika was so short :aah: But it was reallynice being there with him and listening to him :wub2: We enjoyed it a lot.

At the end he took a pic with each side of the audience. So here is our "photo de classe" as he said :wink2: :

BqSMEWLCYAANK-K.jpg

Last step of this crazy day was the studio of "C à vous". Again, many people there, but it was quite ok. Mika really took time for everybody, he was way more relaxed than before, as his day of work was finished :naughty: Only his manager was still in stress, as they had to take a train to London and he was afraid to miss it. Mika obviously wasn't :naughty:

Then Mika left for London, and everybody left for his home, or, for us, for a "café", where we stayed longer to finish enjoying this Mika day :wub2:

Edited by Alireine

I don't think this one was translated before and I think Wonka will love it :mikadas:

An exceptional 'Journal des Stars" with THE pop star : Mika

Sophie Coste: Good evening Mika

Mika: Good evening Sophie

Sophie Coste: Thanks for being here.

Mika: That's my pleasure

Sophie Coste: Welcome

So your new single is out today and it's called "Boum Boum Boum"

Let's hear a snipet!

Sophie Coste: Well make boum boum boum means to make love!

Mika: to make love

Sophie Coste: I though the expression was 'to make boum boum"; so "to make boum boum boum" is even naughtier?

Mika: Make boum boum is about a heart it is when your heart beats.

Sophie Coste: no it really means make love

Mika: I didn't know , it ' s more like my way of speaking French

It's about making love , the songs is about love and also explains being too polite can be

dangerous ; of course one has to respect the others, but being polite for the sake of it .

Doriand and I were having dinner in Le Stella in the sixteenth district of Paris .

Sophie Coste: Yes I know it, this is a good commercial for them.

Mika: It's ok, it's part of the story. It' s a very formal and chic restaurant and I was eating a green beans salad and drinking wine. There were all those people around us in the restaurant (I looked at my right side as we were seated by the window) and suddenly I saw this man in his apartment in front of the street through his window who got into his bedroom and started getting undressed , and I told Doriand, look, what do you think is going to happen? The guy was almost naked and looking at himself in a mirror and he also removed his boxers.

Sophie Coste: I think I'll go more often to the Stella. (laughs) It looks so interesting.

Mika: Yes it was dinner and show (laughs) It was crazy given the contest of that meal.

The place was filled with very serious people talking very seriously , I was eating my green beans and suddenly there's this guy....

Sophie Coste: That guy took his green bean out!

Mika: (laughs) and his girlfriend came into the room and it was obvious that they were going to make

Sophie Coste: Boum boum

Mika: They were going to make boum boum (laughs)

But his girlfriend was more clever or more shy

Sophie Coste: more modest?

Mika: Yes modest a bit more like me for example and she shut the blinds right away

Sophie Coste: Too bad, that would have been a good dessert! It would have been perfect!

Mika: And I was thinking boum boum in the sixteenth district of Paris! And Doriand and I started looking for rimes since it was so funny

"No matter the place no matter the contest " and Doriand found "to remove our fruit of the loom" that riming with boum boum boum.

Sophie Coste: The song wasn't finished yet?

Mika: It was the very begining of the song! It didn't exist yet!

Sophie Coste: It was the song genesis!

Mika: And we ordered another bottle of wine and we wrote the lyrics on the tablecloth

at that moment

Sophie Coste: It seems you show more of you in each album.

What have you shown in this new album of yourself that you hadn't yet through the music songs and stories?

Mika: Firstly I did lots of collaborations and this time it's me. And the songs in French that were bonuses in the last album this time will be part of it including Boum boum boum, even in the American release with the songs in English.

Because that is part of my identity , so that's being honest. Also my sister and I worked together on the cover that we have created in that same colorful universe which is a way to be back into this surealist world which is a way to be detached from daily life and being able to deal with anything with real subjects like love or sex in a more impulsive manner and create more tolerance. Absurdity is helpful to open minds , it's a Tintin like universe, not a Carebear universe, a childish one , which doesn't mean kids won't like it since kids might enjoy complicated things.

Sophie Coste: While I was watching you in The Voice and right now when we're talking I notice that you're always looking for the right, the exact word. Is this because you love French language?

Mika: That's because my mouth moves faster than my brain.

Sophie Coste: Is that the reason why?

Mika: That look on my face means I have a headache.

Sophie Coste: Is it all fuzzy in your head?

Mika: No, my head is heavy.

Sophie Coste: Mika , I heard you were going to Spain tomorrow? For a clip? Are we allowed to talk about it?

Mika: Yes, it's true.

Sophie Coste: Is it for Boum Boum Boum?

Mika: Yes for Boum Boum Boum

Sophie Coste: Will the clip be similar to the cover? Pop and tribal?

Mika: Yes in a sense, maybe a bit tintinlike but no. It will be different than the cover.

Sophie Coste: I saw that there was a little willy on the cover.

Mika: Not so little!

Sophie Coste: Well it's not that big either! Let me tell you that all is subjective Mika! All is subjective!

Mika: Yes but is not putting me at my best!

Sophie Coste: Will you be dressed as the character on the cover with a loin cloth?

Mika: No. I'll tell you the story: I'm a soldier in Napoleon 's army

Sophie Coste: Nothing to do with the tribal cover

and I'm very much in love with my wife whom I love, a fatal woman

Sophie Coste: Josephine

Mika: As usual and I die a bit because of her (its not very clear) but I'm reincarnated into Lauwrence of Arabia and in the dessert I fall in love with a belly dancer and she kills me of course !

Sophie Coste: and boum boum boum

Mika: There's boum boum boum , each time I die, I think we will make boum boum boum and she makes boum boum boum me with a pistol in my head! (laughs)

Sophie Coste: We can't wait for the clip! The single is out today, it's called boum boum boum. First single of your fourth album!

Mika: Do you think we said it often enough?

Sophie Coste: What ? You'll hear it everywhere!

Mika: Boum boum boum

Sophie Coste: I think we didn't say it enough times!

Mika and Sophie Coste: boum boum boum boum boum boum boum

Sophie Coste: And it's such a sticky tune! I was lucky , I heard it yesterday and it's stuck in my head! Thanks a lot for coming here on RFM , come back soon and please promise that you will be back when your new album is out!

Mika: Sure!

Sophie Coste: See you very soon on RFM

Sorry for this long report, it may not be very interesting for many of you :aah:

Just wanted to add that this one maybe one of my best day as a Mika fan, not especially because of Mika (even if he was really lovely :wub2:) nor the interviews (I still haven't listened to them :aah:), but because of the Mika fans world.

First, I was with many lovely people, and there was such a nice feeling and solidarity among all these people during the day, I absolutely loved it :thumb_yello:

Second, I felt really in connexion with many fans who couldn't be there with us: French people who couldn't come to Paris, non-French MFCers, everybody tweeted to me / us and I was so happy to be able to share (or not, sorry for not being a good live reporter :aah:) a bit with you during that day.

I have been feeling it for 2 days, this warm and joyfull feeling among the fans from everywhere, and I so love it :huglove::huglove:

I do think that the happy feeling of the song Boum Boum Boum is responsible for it, and I love it :wub2:

Thanks Mika for creating it :wub2:

Love to all of you, happy to be a fan and proud to be a MFCer :huglove:

Sorry for this long report, it may not be very interesting for many of you :aah:

Just wanted to add that this one maybe one of my best day as a Mika fan, not especially because of Mika (even if he was really lovely :wub2:) nor the interviews (I still haven't listened to them :aah:), but because of the Mika fans world.

First, I was with many lovely people, and there was such a nice feeling and solidarity among all these people during the day, I absolutely loved it :thumb_yello:

Second, I felt really in connexion with many fans who couldn't be there with us: French people who couldn't come to Paris, non-French MFCers, everybody tweeted to me / us and I was so happy to be able to share (or not, sorry for not being a good live reporter :aah:) a bit with you during that day.

I have been feeling it for 2 days, this warm and joyfull feeling among the fans from everywhere, and I so love it :huglove::huglove:

I do think that the happy feeling of the song Boum Boum Boum is responsible for it, and I love it :wub2:

Awwwwwwwz :huglove::huglove: I'm so glad I met someone like you, thanks for everything!

Links already posted, don't freak out nor waist time to watch it.

Here's the details he adds in this vid:

- Skyler hates french and went "Boum Boum Boum, even I can get what it means". This is why the first line of the song.

- the meaning of the song is that love doesn't feel ashamed, as he says in another song of his next album

- I'd like to tour but it takes much time, and tv demands time as well.

- I miss my coworkers from The Voice, both of them, euh, the three of them :teehee:

- the song is about love, it does fit to everybody, it's not a simple reaction to the argue on gay love. But of course I commited on it and it came out in a joyful way

- I agree on some kind of legal deal to be able to protect each other, but when it comes to a regular wedding, I don't know if my granny would come so I can't get married for her, but I totally agree on common law marriages, I'm no traditionalist, on the contrary, but I believe in protecting each other by law. I come from a big family and I told myself "why not". Why couldn't I love and protect a child if it was the right moment to do it. Or to adopt, there's plenty of children who need a home and to be protected. Yeah, why not. It's simple.

But this isn't the right moment, it would be utterly selfish and irresponsible to have a child in my situation

I totally admire the parents who were able to do it, for my mother and father as well, they supported someone like me: respect!

- talking about the pics some paparazzi shot of him and bf: they are just some pics about a couple who is taking a stroll and are together since many years, so what. It's not a shock, it's not a scandal, it's nothing. If it was a woman it would be nothing so what is the point of reacting in a negative way? I didn't. I told myself: well, it's a transition, and I was pleased that the text of the article didn't implied something sensational. It wasn't negative, it was just "here it is" and this is good, it shows that they didn't take a nasty point of view

I did those two as well :lmao:

I'm glad he feels that way about the paps pics :thumb_yello:

I've searched the replay of C à vous of today and I find it:

http://www.tv-replay.fr/redirection/12-06-14/c-a-vous-france5-pluzz-10818224.html

Unfortunately I can't watch it because I live in Italy but if someone from France can download it and post it here, it could be really really nice

You can find it ( there is also a link to D/L it) here:

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-invite-lemission-c-france-5/'>http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-invite-lemission-c-france-5/

(thanks to http://www.mikawebsite.com/ , obviously!)

As I said to Nina earlier, you are my eyes and my ears!

Thanks for sharing:huglove:

Awww, Melanie. This warms my heart :wub2: I'm thrilled you had a few Mika-filled days! Thank you for sharing with us! :thumb_yello:

I really enjoyed reading your report, Melanie!! :wub2: Thank you so much for sharing! It meant a lot to everyone who couldn't be there to first read tweets and comments from Paris and now hear the details.

And once again, a huge thank to also everyone translating the interviews :flowers2: