Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

"I did lots of collaborations and this time it's me."

" And the songs in French that were bonuses in the last album this time will be part of it including Boum boum boum, even in the American release with the songs in English.

Because that is part of my identity , so that's being honest."

These words are intense and full of meaning for me :wub2:... I can read in them the desire of Mika to represent himself in a really honest and true record....and perhaps the acknowledgment that the previous album was not completely sincere. As a fan, I could not wish for more, an album that represents the artistic world of the artist that I love. :thumb_yello:

You can find it ( there is also a link to D/L it) here:

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-invite-lemission-c-france-5/'>http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-invite-lemission-c-france-5/

(thanks to http://www.mikawebsite.com/ , obviously!)

Thanks for the link but I meant the other part of the interview that was released last night :wink2:

I think this was not posted here before? It's from Le Figaro, which is a very serious newspaper :thumb_yello:

Mika se met à nu dans son nouveau single Boum, Boum, Boum

Ce sera peut-être le tube de l'été. De passage à Paris, Mika sort aujourd'hui un nouveau single au titre évocateur, Boum, Boum, Boum, chanson sexy et entraînante contant les ébats amoureux d'un couple. L'image doucement suggestive de la pochette avait déjà circulé sur les réseaux sociaux la semaine dernière, représentant deux petits hommes nus près d'un volcan, affublés de masques guerriers. Les paroles en français du dernier titre du chanteur britannico-libanais sont sans équivoque, évoquant ouvertement sa sexualité avec son compagnon.

«Hier, on était chez ta mère, elle a failli tomber par terre en entrant dans le dressing-room, quand toi et moi on faisait Boum Boum Boum», chante l'artiste. Il évoque avec malice le «septième ciel» dans «les ascenseurs des hôtels» et les «étagères qui font badaboum». Entre la sulfureuse chanson de Boris Vian Johnny, fais-moi mal! («J'aime l'amour qui fait boum») et la naïveté enthousiaste de Charles Trenet Boum («Quand notre cœur fait Boum/Tout avec lui dit Boum/Et cŽest lŽamour qui sŽéveille»), Mika reprend à son compte cette onomatopée célèbre de la chanson française et la détourne de séduisante manière.

Une chanson en réponse au débat sur le mariage pour tous

Débridée, la chanson est aussi un tube engagé. Interviewé par Le Parisien , Mika explique clairement que son titre fait écho aux manifestations contre le mariage pour tous en France. «Je veux susciter de la tolérance avec une chanson pleine de joie, assure-t-il. Ce débat assez violent m'a surpris. Mais ça prend du temps de faire comprendre que ni la tradition des familles ni les enfants ne sont en danger.»

Boum, Boum, Boum est le premier extrait du prochain album de Mika, prévu pour novembre. Après avoir été coach (gagnant avec Kendji) dans le télécrochet «The Voice» et avoir enregistré plusieurs titres dans la langue de Molière (Elle me dit, Karen, Un soleil mal luné et L'amour dans le mauvais temps), l'artiste annonce qu'une partie de son prochain album sera en français, «parce que maintenant, ça fait partie de (lui)».

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2014/06/11/03006-20140611ARTFIG00133-mika-se-met-a-nu-dans-son-nouveau-single-boum-boum-boum.php

Thanks for the link but I meant the other part of the interview that was released last night :wink2:

I've recorded it, I'll just take a few minutes to make subtitles as it's very short ad then it'll be there ;)

(part 3) sorry, it's because I'm on my Mika cloud and need to use many smileys :teehee:

RFM:

Of course, he was faster than us with his car :naughty:. We waited for him again (this day included a lot of waiting :mf_rosetinted::wink2:), many people arrived from everywhere and when he left the radio, he was quickly surrounded by people. Us, fans, were waiting behind a barrier (?), he came, took a few pics with the children of one of the fans, signed a book, talked about the single being available not only in France or Korea (as a Korean fan was telling him that Korean fans were loving BBB :wub2:), but also in other countries, like England. That's when I remembered poor Rose tweeting about BBB not being available anywhere in UK, and told him it was not available there. He seemed to be aware of the situation (which I liked very much, it shows that he cares about every countries and didn't forget UK :wink2::huglove:) and answered that it would be available in 30 minutes (that was obviously a mikaish "30 minutes", as I think it was only available the day after :teehee:).

One street behind was the other radio, RTL, that was sooo crowded! :shocked: We decided to leave and to take time to have lunch before the show of the afternoon: le Before du Grand Journal.

Many of us had registered themselves the days before to attend the show, so we were 25 I think (the girl in charge of the public was so nice with us, she helped us a lot for something special we wanted to do for a fan who can't attend often to a Mika event, and even managed to get more places for Mika fans :wub2:), that is one third of the public :teehee:

Here is the pic of a part of our crazy group :wink2:

Bp2NgYnCQAAlzfL.jpg

Inside it was very small, and the recording of the show with Mika was so short :aah: But it was really being there with him and listening to him :wub2: We enjoyed it a lot.

Last step of this crazy day was the studio of "C à vous". Again, many people there, but it was quite ok. Mika really took time for everybody, he was way more relaxed than before, as his day of work was finished :naughty: Only his manager was still in stress, as they had to take a train to London and he was afraid to miss it. Mika obviously wasn't :naughty:

Then Mika left for London, and everybody left for his home, or, for us, for a "café", where we stayed longer to finish enjoying this Mika day :wub2:

MERCI :huglove: J'aime your looong and great report, incl. the pic! I would like to know who's who, if possible ? The funny thing is, while I was reading it, my radio started to play the classic song: "Champs Elysses" ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

MERCI :huglove: J'aime your looong and great report, incl. the pic! I would like to know who's who, if possible ? The funny thing is, while I was reading it, my radio started to play the classic song: "Champs Elysses" ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Of course I only mean the name of the MFCers, whom I feel I "know" a bit ...

Here is the little bit from yesterday's C à vous, with quick subtitles

-> https://vimeo.com/98120436

That's so great, Melyssa -- I love the subtitles so much! And thanks for watermarking with mikafanclub.com! Good publicity for us! :thumb_yello:

And Melanie, loved your long report, and all the links to articles -- which of course I can't understand, but have faith that someone will translate for us! :pray:

Such a busy Mika Week! :excite:

I have been feeling it for 2 days, this warm and joyfull feeling among the fans from everywhere, and I so love it :huglove::huglove:

I do think that the happy feeling of the song Boum Boum Boum is responsible for it, and I love it :wub2:

Thanks Mika for creating it :wub2:

Love to all of you, happy to be a fan and proud to be a MFCer :huglove:

Thank you for your report. I'm lucky to have met someone like you :huglove:

I think this was not posted here before? It's from Le Figaro, which is a very serious newspaper :thumb_yello:

My impression is that even the not-so-serious press is favorable to him in France,they were nice when they posted those pics,and now again :naughty:http://www.public.fr/News/Mika-il-raconte-ses-ebats-amoureux-dans-son-nouveau-single-Boum-Boum-Boum-541169?utm_medium=Tweet&utm_campaign=PublicFR&utm_source=Twitter

Thanks,Melanie,for your report,we needed so much! :huglove:

That's so great, Melyssa -- I love the subtitles so much! And thanks for watermarking with mikafanclub.com! Good publicity for us! :thumb_yello:

And Melanie, loved your long report, and all the links to articles -- which of course I can't understand, but have faith that someone will translate for us! :pray:

:teehee: Indeed, it's a crazy busy MIKA week - I enjoy it to bits, thanks to all these very clever MFCers, who take their time to make it all clear and available for us all - always some new stuff here to catch - thank you all - you're priceless!! :wub2:

Love,love

me

Sorry for this long report, it may not be very interesting for many of you :aah:

Just wanted to add that this one maybe one of my best day as a Mika fan, not especially because of Mika (even if he was really lovely :wub2:) nor the interviews (I still haven't listened to them :aah:), but because of the Mika fans world.

First, I was with many lovely people, and there was such a nice feeling and solidarity among all these people during the day, I absolutely loved it :thumb_yello:

Second, I felt really in connexion with many fans who couldn't be there with us: French people who couldn't come to Paris, non-French MFCers, everybody tweeted to me / us and I was so happy to be able to share (or not, sorry for not being a good live reporter :aah:) a bit with you during that day.

I have been feeling it for 2 days, this warm and joyfull feeling among the fans from everywhere, and I so love it :huglove::huglove:

I do think that the happy feeling of the song Boum Boum Boum is responsible for it, and I love it :wub2:

Thanks Mika for creating it :wub2:

Love to all of you, happy to be a fan and proud to be a MFCer :huglove:

Aww Mélanie, how I wish I could have been there with you all on these days :wub2: I'm really happy for all of you and I will take this opportunity to thank you particularly for bringing people together. You are the one who reinforces this connection :thumb_yello:

Melyssa rules!

Melanie, I haven't read your report yet, but I'll have plenty of time soon

I'm keeping the recap post up to date, and I may translate something tomorrow :wink2:

Thank you so much Melyssa!!!

He was really funny :naughty: I should show him the autograph that Johnny made me a few years ago :teehee:

Thank you Melanie for the articles!! :huglove:

My oldest has one of those too, gotten when she was quite young. We met the kind Mr. D while he was filming "Benny and Joon" locally on several occasions.

Interview @ «Le Before du Grand Journal»

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-before-du-grand-journal-canal/

Thanks to MikaWebSite[.Com!] :huglove:

*Could someone tranlaste it please? Or at least a summary of what they were talking about

It's there as well, http://i.imgur.com/2obsRVE.jpg but it was bugging for me plus I'm not sure it would work outside of Franceso I'm sure Antoine 's is a lot better and that he removed all that wasn't about Mika :thumb_yello:

I'll translate that one now :thumb_yello:

It was really fun and Mika was funny and sweet :mikalove::mikadas:

Edited by crazyaboutmika