Mika commercials on Italian TV

mari62

Fave moment of the ad: when he tells them come no. The way he says it is 100% Italian!! I'm really impressed :)

ahahah I confirm! The way he has said "come no!" is 100% italian! Also when he says "Ma allooora" well that's is not very italian but very mikaish! or better mikitalianish :mf_rosetinted:

I think Mika is amazing in this ad, but I feel uncomfortable watching it :blink: For the first time I feel odd about his side project. This ad is not something of his level :fisch:

i agree. this is the kind of ad i feared when i first heard about the spanish beer ad. that one was ok, it was more about music than about beer. xfactor was about music too, although not his own, but his music expertise was required. and it brought him fame and music sales. swatch was about design, his 2nd big love besides music, and it's a brand he has openly supported since we know him. but this ad feels just totally wrong. how much could he have gotten for it? i guess the random couple might've gotten a few hundred euro, him maybe a few thousand? or how much do big stars like him get for doing ads like that? :dunno: anyway, i can't imagine it having been worth it. i somehow hope it was part of his xfactor contract, so he didn't have a choice.

first of all, i hate pay tv, i never understood the concept of it. maybe that's because we have over 50 free tv channels here in germany, if we only had 2 or 3, i might think differently. so i hate the product he sells there. i find his acting clumsy. and if i see ads like that on german tv, i often feel pity for the star, because i think "oh, they really must need the money, if they sell themselves for something like that", and i start wondering what drug excesses might've led to them losing all their money. :fisch: there are exceptions, like george clooney, but that's a) because he is a great actor, and b) because i don't get the feeling he *needs* to do it. he has a contract with that coffee brand, and i believe him that he loves drinking this coffee (whether that's true or not). i don't believe mika that he really cares for pay tv. tho it might make sense in italy, where he's a big star atm, because he appeared on pay tv... but for me watching this ad just makes me pray that he won't do something like that ever again. :pray:

I think it's funny, and it doesn't worry me that he's done it. He probably recorded it while he was in Italy and, as others have said, it's probably in his contract. He'll also get paid for it.

I don't think it will get in the way of his other work, and he's not perfect, but that's why he's funny.

I am glad that at least some find this ad funny and cool.

I think it is quite depressing honestly....let's hope this is the bottom and he does not surprise us with something even worse...

I don't think it will get in the way of his other work

no, that's not why i hate it. probably just took him a few hours, it doesn't matter for his time. but if he did an ad like that in germany, or maybe in any other country than italy (even france), i'd see the danger of him becoming one of those c-celebs, the ones that are known but that everyone laughs at, because they are mostly known for dodgy ads, or scandals. like i said, when i see stars in ads like that, i pity them. and i don't want to pity my fave singer, i want to admire him.

not saying that is likely to happen, i understand that it's a different situation for him in italy right now, and the italian public probably won't perceive it the way i do. still it makes me feel uncomfortable that he even considers doing something like this. :dunno:

I am glad that at least some find this ad funny and cool.

I think it is quite depressing honestly....let's hope this is the bottom and he does not surprise us with something even worse...

I appreciated him doing the ad, because I always smile everytime I watch TV but I agree with you, I hope he did it because of the contract with Sky and I also really hope it will be the last time doing this kind of stuff (I don't think he was at ease at all doing that) It's simply not for him, if he needs money I prefer something like the Swatch project or X Factor. Well, something related with his music would be the best :mf_rosetinted:

no, that's not why i hate it. probably just took him a few hours, it doesn't matter for his time. but if he did an ad like that in germany, or maybe in any other country than italy (even france), i'd see the danger of him becoming one of those c-celebs, the ones that are known but that everyone laughs at, because they are mostly known for dodgy ads, or scandals. like i said, when i see stars in ads like that, i pity them. and i don't want to pity my fave singer, i want to admire him.

not saying that is likely to happen, i understand that it's a different situation for him in italy right now, and the italian public probably won't perceive it the way i do. still it makes me feel uncomfortable that he even considers doing something like this. :dunno:

I don't personally mind if he is in ads, it doesn't have an impact on how I see him or what I think about him as a person at all. I simply feel bad because I immediately thought this must be uncomfortable for him, that he felt bad when doing it or afterwards. On the other hand, he has done a lot of promo photo shooting and videos for X Factor and Voice, maybe it felt like a part of that.

For me this felt different than the other things he has been doing. We all prefer him doing music, of course, and it's clear many fans even despise the concept of talent shows, but the way he did the Italian X Factor was demanding and only very rare if any other singers could have done a season of live television show in a foreign country (commenting on foreign culture), in foreign language as successfully as he did only in a few months notice. It was a challenge and he did well, there's no way to deny it. Ads like this are a consequence of it, if he needs the money it's sensible to use all the benefit Italy can give at the moment (would be stupid not to use it) and it could be even in his contract to promote Sky, who knows. But this must be more uncomfortable for him, in a different way than regular promo he does a lot, so I feel bad for him.

Don´t. No one aimed at him with a gun to do all this sh*t he is doing lately. It is his own desire, so, don´t feel bad cause he feels amazingly good, otherwise he wouldn´t be doing it. He has always said he does whatever he wants, right?

Don´t. No one aimed at him with a gun to do all this sh*t he is doing lately. It is his own desire, so, don´t feel bad cause he feels amazingly good, otherwise he wouldn´t be doing it. He has always said he does whatever he wants, right?

I have to agree with you.

It's his choice to do it and he already said that he feels happy to be able to choose his own promotion, so, even if he must not have been very at ease while making this add (:naughty:), he must have been ok with the idea.

But I would feel bad for him in the way Nina means it, if all what he does for promoting himself turns out that it deserves him and that he looses consideration and respect from fans and others, instead of gaining something. Simply because he is trying hard and I can imagine how he will feel if it doesn't work well or if it's even making the whole situation worst.

I have to agree with you.

It's his choice to do it and he already said that he feels happy to be able to choose his own promotion, so, even if he must not have been very at ease while making this add (:naughty:), he must have been ok with the idea.

But I would feel bad for him in the way Nina means it, if all what he does for promoting himself turns out that it deserves him and that he looses consideration and respect from fans and others, instead of gaining something. Simply because he is trying hard and I can imagine how he will feel if it doesn't work well or if it's even making the whole situation worst.

Oh well, in that case it´s all his fault. From his fandom I think we have been demanding music ad nauseam and criticising these side projects. For sure he is not keeping his old fans happy, and he already knows it. But I think he has decided that it compensates him, to do side project and earn more money than treating his fanbase.... his life, his choices.

The distinction between appearing as a judge on X Factor to make money for Sky TV and appearing in this ad to make money for Sky TV is non existent as far as I'm concerned. Just because amateurs are propped up to sing in the show and not the TV ad doesn't make one "about" music and the other not. It's about making money for the producers and the network. I don't think there's anything especially sad about this ad. It's just another in a long line of compromises that never seems to end.

Simply because he is trying hard and I can imagine how he will feel if it doesn't work well or if it's even making the whole situation worst.

He appears to be trying to replace his lost income from record sales with income from other sources. And he appears to be very successful at it. So...

In Italy the pay-TV is not yet widespread.

For three years, XFactor was broadcast on public television, but the show was too expensive, and has passed to Sky. Now XF is the most important program that Sky uses to promote the purchase of pay-TV. The message was: "If you want to see XF, you have to buy Sky". This year, the presence of Mika and his unexpected great success, have changed everything: immediately Mika has become the true face of Sky. And also the message has changed: "If you want to see Mika in XF, you have to buy Sky". :mf_rosetinted:

Yesterday I was in big shopping mall, where they sold subscriptions to Sky pay-tv. To attract people, they transmitted videos of Mika judge of XF. :wink2:

I think that the whole operation of "Mika in Italy" has become quite important...and the new ad is probably the final stage of it. :thumb_yello:

I think it's funny, and it doesn't worry me that he's done it. He probably recorded it while he was in Italy and, as others have said, it's probably in his contract. He'll also get paid for it.

I don't think it will get in the way of his other work, and he's not perfect, but that's why he's funny.

It just makes me think of David Tennant in our ads for Virgin Media. It's just an advert, they're not suddenly gonna give up their day jobs :dunno::aah:

It just makes me think of David Tennant in our ads for Virgin Media. It's just an advert, they're not suddenly gonna give up their day jobs :dunno::aah:

Or Antonio Banderas in Orbit's advert.......oh well,in fact that one is way more weird,he's talking with a pink donut :aah:

I don't personally mind if he is in ads, it doesn't have an impact on how I see him or what I think about him as a person at all. I simply feel bad because I immediately thought this must be uncomfortable for him, that he felt bad when doing it or afterwards.

This is how I feel. I suppose he had to to the ad as a part of the deal with Sky. And even if I think he can speak his mind, I wonder how much that could be useful. Back in the day I thought actors can decide what to do or how to do it, then I found out they can't. They have to obey to producers, so I suppose he couldn't call the shots on the script, on the outfit, on his hair (I so not like them this way :aah: but he probably does ... ).

His projects are up to him, but this doesn't mean that some of the things he has to do to reach his goals aren't unpleasant. I call my shots everyday and I have my goals, but not all I do is nice to me. Still, I have to do it.

So, as I like people sympathize with me while facing a hard, unpleasant challenge, I sympathize with him while doing the ad or whatever.

Perhaps I'm getting the whole thing wrong and he surely doesn't need my support, but this is the way I feel.

Besides, the blender thing was funny :naughty:

even with a pink donut?? here in Italy he is in an ad talking with a chicken :blink:

:lmfao:

Anyway,there's many artists out there doing promotion for all kind of stuff,and maybe not all of them are very pleased by doing it :dunno: Life is a long succession of compromises.....

Anyway,there's many artists out there doing promotion for all kind of stuff,and maybe not all of them are very pleased by doing it :dunno: Life is a long succession of compromises.....

yes and talking about Mika, since he said that he wants to do his own promotion, not to be obliged by his record company, maybe he's trying every kind of promotion he can get to see which one is the most efficient and of course everything has a "price" to pay

Loads of famous people do adverts - actors, sports personalities, singers, comedians - so I don't care if Mika does adverts too.

Just as long as it's not embarrassing :naughty:

:thumb_yello: Totally agree - I don't see the big drama with these adverts...:teehee:

Love,love

me