Mika commercials on Italian TV

mari62

From what I understand, for Mika advertising is an honest way to be free and to avoid other chains which are much more heavy for him than an ad.

Evidently, between having to endure the pressure from the record company and working in television, he prefers the latter. Perhaps much fun and less problems.

The ultimate goal for him is always to be able to make music in the way he likes. :wink2:

It just makes me think of David Tennant in our ads for Virgin Media. It's just an advert, they're not suddenly gonna give up their day jobs :dunno::aah:

Exactly. We see lots of famous people on ads in the UK. It doesn't make me like them any less. The ad in question is only really for Italy. Most of us wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for people posting it.

I honestly don't see why there is so much fuss about it.

From what I understand, for Mika advertising is an honest way to be free and to avoid other chains which are much more heavy for him than an ad.

Evidently, between having to endure the pressure from the record company and working in television, he prefers the latter. Perhaps much fun and less problems.

The ultimate goal for him is always to be able to make music in the way he likes. :wink2:

As it´s been said zillions of times here, anyone can do whatever the heck he wants to do, and of course Mika is among these humans beings I´m talking about. But if to make money he needs a whole year playing the judge in several different countries I´m not sure it´s going to help him with his own music. Maybe it helps his budget. But for sure he is not going to be trusted anymore as he was when he started being a 23yo musician who was against all this sh*tty commercial music that TV shows as The Voice or X Factor are doing. The thing is not "how" he gets money. He could even sell his body, I dob´t care. The thing here is his reputation. I´m sure all of you have these sort of shows in your countries. Can you really imagine Freddie Mercury being a clown in Italy? Really? Michael Jackson? or for those who were born before the 80s: what would you think of musicians as Leonard Cohen, Neil Young or Aretha Franklin selling out in the X Factor industry?

This is my point. I´m not a teenager, I´m not printing pics of Mika to decorate my walls. I have always supported him talking to my friends about a dyslexic who could create his own music, his own style, who toured the f*cking world with only one album released. And now, all they can see is a guy laughing his arse off in a "willy willy willy" video on youtube.

This is what I mean.

Can Mika do whatever the f*ck he wants? for sure.

Is he going to miss me if I´m not around while he does his non-music related stuff? or course not.

But the same way he is entlited to do what he wants, me too. And if I want to moan, or to show my disagreement, I´ll do. And I haven´t been around the last months due to my studies, and a sudden non-interest. Every now and then I come here to check if he has already made enough money to make an album. Then I read he´s said he is going to record this year. And the next thing I see is a pic of himself skiing in Switzerland :aah:

Can´t wait to hear his new album. Really.

Oh and sorry to have quoted you, it´s not about your post, it´s about the impression that MFC gaves lately... :huglove:

Oh and sorry to have quoted you, it´s not about your post, it´s about the impression that MFC gaves lately... :huglove:

Not be sorry, I completely understand your point of view .

I follow Mika for a very short time , and then I don't know much about him. But in addition to his music, I find interesting the way he decided to manage himself and his image in a very ambitious marketing strategy , which aims to conquer many countries...but not using the classical global strategy of the majors. We're always talking about using his own image in some way, but perhaps the focal point is who decides what, where and how to do that. I think that now is Mika and not the record company to decide many things, and this is very interesting , because Mika is a very interesting person .

He is a particoular artist , creative and sensitive and this kind of artist , in my opinion , needs to get in a deep harmony with people to be truly understood. But this takes time. This way to enter inside every culture, with intelligence and respect, with diversified and a little crazy projects, perhaps gives him the chance to be really understood.

I think the ultimate goal for him is always the music, or perhaps , more importantly, to communicate with music. And to communicate we have to understand each other. :thumb_yello:

So, let's see the next step :mf_rosetinted:

As it´s been said zillions of times here, anyone can do whatever the heck he wants to do, and of course Mika is among these humans beings I´m talking about. But if to make money he needs a whole year playing the judge in several different countries I´m not sure it´s going to help him with his own music. Maybe it helps his budget. But for sure he is not going to be trusted anymore as he was when he started being a 23yo musician who was against all this sh*tty commercial music that TV shows as The Voice or X Factor are doing. The thing is not "how" he gets money. He could even sell his body, I dob´t care. The thing here is his reputation. I´m sure all of you have these sort of shows in your countries. Can you really imagine Freddie Mercury being a clown in Italy? Really? Michael Jackson? or for those who were born before the 80s: what would you think of musicians as Leonard Cohen, Neil Young or Aretha Franklin selling out in the X Factor industry?

This is my point. I´m not a teenager, I´m not printing pics of Mika to decorate my walls. I have always supported him talking to my friends about a dyslexic who could create his own music, his own style, who toured the f*cking world with only one album released. And now, all they can see is a guy laughing his arse off in a "willy willy willy" video on youtube.

This is what I mean.

Can Mika do whatever the f*ck he wants? for sure.

Is he going to miss me if I´m not around while he does his non-music related stuff? or course not.

But the same way he is entlited to do what he wants, me too. And if I want to moan, or to show my disagreement, I´ll do. And I haven´t been around the last months due to my studies, and a sudden non-interest. Every now and then I come here to check if he has already made enough money to make an album. Then I read he´s said he is going to record this year. And the next thing I see is a pic of himself skiing in Switzerland :aah:

Can´t wait to hear his new album. Really.

I think people who have watched most of the season of XF have long forgotten that 2-minute clip that is definetely not representative of Mika's participation in the show...

As for his reputation, I see many important contemporary artists, such as Maroon 5 singer, in these shows and don't think it harms them...

PS: Michael Jackson sold Diet Pepsi back in the days:fisch:

Not be sorry, I completely understand your point of view .

I follow Mika for a very short time , and then I don't know much about him. But in addition to his music, I find interesting the way he decided to manage himself and his image in a very ambitious marketing strategy , which aims to conquer many countries...but not using the classical global strategy of the majors. We're always talking about using his own image in some way, but perhaps the focal point is who decides what, where and how to do that. I think that now is Mika and not the record company to decide many things, and this is very interesting , because Mika is a very interesting person .

He is a particoular artist , creative and sensitive and this kind of artist , in my opinion , needs to get in a deep harmony with people to be truly understood. But this takes time. This way to enter inside every culture, with intelligence and respect, with diversified and a little crazy projects, perhaps gives him the chance to be really understood.

I think the ultimate goal for him is always the music, or perhaps , more importantly, to communicate with music. And to communicate we have to understand each other. :thumb_yello:

So, let's see the next step :mf_rosetinted:

two countries. Italy and France.... not many countries...

I can´t feel respect or see any intelligence in someone advertising a TV channel.....

I think people who have watched most of the season of XF have long forgotten that 2-minute clip that is definetely not representative of Mika's participation in the show...

As for his reputation, I see many important contemporary artists, such as Maroon 5 singer, in these shows and don't think it harms them...

PS: Michael Jackson sold Diet Pepsi back in the days:fisch:

I don´t know in Canada, but here people the only thing they remember about Mika is the "willy willy" stupid reaction. Maybe it´s cause it´s in a different language and they are not fans. Of course we remember many other important things but I was talking about what non fans see when they see Mika now.

And if I recall fine, the ad MJ did for Pepsi was the one where he got his hair burnt, right? It was an ad with MJ singing. Same as Mika did for San Miguel. It´s ok. Advertising a private TV Channel is not. But then again... this is my humble opinion.

I think the ultimate goal for him is always the music, or perhaps , more importantly, to communicate with music.

I agree :thumb_yello: this is always the most important thing for Mika, it's his life and ultimately it's the only thing that interest him. Everything else is an addition that doesn't remove nothing to his Art. This is my personal point of view :wink2:

two countries. Italy and France.... not many countries...

I don´t know in Canada, but here people the only thing they remember about Mika is the "willy willy" stupid reaction. Maybe it´s cause it´s in a different language and they are not fans. Of course we remember many other important things but I was talking about what non fans see when they see Mika now.

And if I recall fine, the ad MJ did for Pepsi was the one where he got his hair burnt, right? It was an ad with MJ singing. Same as Mika did for San Miguel. It´s ok. Advertising a private TV Channel is not. But then again... this is my humble opinion.

I was not talking about Canada, there are probably 5 people who were aware of Mika being in XF Italy... But Italians aren't certainly giving him platinum album sales because of willy willy.

I was not talking about Canada, there are probably 5 people who were aware of Mika being in XF Italy... But Italians aren't certainly giving him platinum album sales because of willy willy.

Obviously. I hope he can get a solid fanbase in all those teenagers buying that Stardust single....

I follow Mika for a very short time , and then I don't know much about him. But in addition to his music, I find interesting the way he decided to manage himself and his image in a very ambitious marketing strategy , which aims to conquer many countries...but not using the classical global strategy of the majors.

I have followed Mika for a long time and my problem is I don't believe that this marketing strategy has anything to do with his music and selling it globally. I think it is about supplementing lost income with income from other sources. Sources that have nothing to do with songwriting or recording or performing his own music. If he wants to make money that is his business. If he enjoys all this other nonsense more than doing what needs to be done to try to be a true global musician as he was in 2007-2010 that is his business. But can we just call a spade a spade instead of pretending that it's all in the name of music? It's just not credible to me at all.

I confirm that not only teenagers listen and buy Stardust with Chiara, but a whole people in this country have fallen in love with him, mainly with the person, then with the song (which is melodic enough to appeal to Italian common people of all ages), and eventually (and hopefully) with his music in its entirety.

I also need to point out to my fellows new italian fans who start posting here in the MFC that fans from all over the world do not have a problem with Italy or our taste in music. They have a problem with MIKA and his way to manage his career. I don't want to go to facebook and read that the MFC is full of racists against poor Italian fans.

I'm Italian, i detest Stardust with Chiara, I don't like how Mika is managing his career even if he needs to find money. I'm desperate for new music and I don't like all his side projects. I will accept them only when I actually see and listen to new music. But I still love him...because I do, and I cannot forget 7 years of reciprocal love and affection. So in the meantime I feel as Christine and many others feel....thus not being in opposition to the Italians (or French) but waiting deluded in a corner.

Believe me....what we lived and hoped in 2007 and later was totally different from what we are experiencing in the last two years. We simply cannot be happy with the smell when we actually had a roast under our teeth. They just took it off before we could taste it in full.

And having less economical means does not necessarily leads to lower one's standards so much.

I have followed Mika for a long time and my problem is I don't believe that this marketing strategy has anything to do with his music and selling it globally. I think it is about supplementing lost income with income from other sources. Sources that have nothing to do with songwriting or recording or performing his own music. If he wants to make money that is his business. If he enjoys all this other nonsense more than doing what needs to be done to try to be a true global musician as he was in 2007-2010 that is his business. But can we just call a spade a spade instead of pretending that it's all in the name of music? It's just not credible to me at all.

I'm sure he can see things in the long run. It wouldn't make any sense to only supplement lost income (now) without using the publicity to sell the new album in Italy/France and the money to promote it in other countries (in case his record company is not investing in his promotion and he really needs to finance it himself as it looks). Why would he lie about wanting to be a musician? He is absolutely free to leave recording/performing and move on to television work or to writing songs to other artists if he likes to.

I'm sure he can see things in the long run. It wouldn't make any sense to only supplement lost income (now) without using the publicity to sell the new album in Italy/France and the money to promote it in other countries (in case his record company is not investing in his promotion and he really needs to finance it himself as it looks). Why would he lie about wanting to be a musician? He is absolutely free to leave recording/performing and move on to television work or to writing songs to other artists if he likes to.

I'm not that sure he won't actually do it. Not sure 100% until I listen to new music or see other connected valuable projects :naughty:

I confirm that not only teenagers listen and buy Stardust with Chiara, but a whole people in this country have fallen in love with him, mainly with the person, then with the song (which is melodic enough to appeal to Italian common people of all ages), and eventually (and hopefully) with his music in its entirety.

I also need to point out to my fellows new italian fans who start posting here in the MFC that fans from all over the world do not have a problem with Italy or our taste in music. They have a problem with MIKA and his way to manage his career. I don't want to go to facebook and read that the MFC is full of racists against poor Italian fans.

I'm Italian, i detest Stardust with Chiara, I don't like how Mika is managing his career even if he needs to find money. I'm desperate for new music and I don't like all his side projects. I will accept them only when I actually see and listen to new music. But I still love him...because I do, and I cannot forget 7 years of reciprocal love and affection. So in the meantime I feel as Christine and many others feel....thus not being in opposition to the Italians (or French) but waiting deluded in a corner.

Believe me....what we lived and hoped in 2007 and later was totally different from what we are experiencing in the last two years. We simply cannot be happy with the smell when we actually had a roast under our teeth. They just took it off before we could taste it in full.

And having less economical means does not necessarily leads to lower one's standards so much.

Thank you, that is so well put:thumb_yello::wub2:

I partially agree with you, I mean, it was ok when he wanted to try something else such as X Factor but I think he shouldn't follow that path even though it could be very advantageous economically speaking.

I totally agree with your last sentence! :emot-sad:

Things don't always work out as expected. It can still be good or even better. This all sounds like he caused a disappointment or let people down and it's just really far away how I feel :blink: I'm sure he wanted to do a long and proper tour after TOOL, it just didn't work out as he planned and hoped. He still did some of his best ever performances 2013.

Thanks for explaining it so well. I particulary agree with the bolded part.

Things don't always work out as expected. It can still be good or even better. This all sounds like he caused a disappointment or let people down and it's just really far away how I feel :blink: I'm sure he wanted to do a long and proper tour after TOOL, it just didn't work out as he planned and hoped. He still did some of his best ever performances 2013.

Again, you expressed what I wanted to say... :thumb_yello:

yes, the way we feel is quite different....I'm happy you feel better than I do, and that you keep spreading your positivity around. We need both side of the apple :huglove:

:thumb_yello: Exactly my thought too! And I think that's the main reason why he now wants to take command of his own carriere - to try to make things work out in a better way. As far as I can understand, he works really hard for the time being, and I do hope he'll succeed with his preparations for the upcoming alb. and new tour...:wub2:

Love,love

me