Radio Disney Music Awards

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe they have something to hide...

I think so too. I mean, I must have sent about 10 comments in, supporting Mika, not 1 got published. Yet there were loads there for Taylor, 1D, and others.

None of my comments were in any way offensive or bad in any way. They just said Mika was the best, he should win. Just like the many other comments for other nominees.

I did suspect something like this would happen. It seems, with awards where people can multi-vote, they expect a certain nominee to win. The other nominees in the category are there to make it look like it's fair. It really isn't though.

I never liked it when they said you can vote as much as you want. This gives a distinct advantage to the bigger fan bases. They know this and expect it.

The only thing we can be sure of, is that we shook them up with our efforts on behalf of Mika. So it is a kind of victory. We got him more publicity on Twitter, etc.

But I think these kinds of award shows are a waste of time. When it's a free-for-all, it's never fair. Not unless Mika gains a lot more fans.

I don't think there was any conspiracy here. We certainly outvoted the Swifties on Twitter, but there were votes counted elsewhere too (like the RD site itself). Mika fans may be fierce, but in sheer numbers we can't compete with the Taylor Swift fans.

I don't think there was any conspiracy here. We certainly outvoted the Swifties on Twitter, but there were votes counted elsewhere too (like the RD site itself). Mika fans may be fierce, but in sheer numbers we can't compete with the Taylor Swift fans.

I totally agree with you, Silver. Taylor Swift is HUGE, even compared to Ariana Grande. And over here, Mika is practically unknown, so I don't understand why you all find it so hard to believe that he lost. :dunno:

There's no conspiracy against Mika. Why would there be? And I thought we established that there WERE pro-Mika comments published on the RDMA site -- I saw them with my own eyes. Marilyn, just because you didn't see your own comments, doesn't mean they weren't published. There were literally thousands of comments -- it took forever for the page to load all the comments, and even though I waited for 10-15 minutes the one day, I'm not sure that I saw all of them. I just wasn't willing to wait any longer. :aah:

It's great that this song was even nominated, it was great exposure I'm sure. And the fact that so many fans voted and kept talking about it on Twitter and elsewhere is great. But honestly, I think it's unrealistic to blame a conspiracy. Mika is just not that popular here in the US... yet. :wink2:

:overreact:

Does anyone have the final results to see by how much we have lost?

I tweeted @radiodisney that we want to see the complete results for #musicalmashup, maybe if we all ask them for it they will show us :wink2:

I totally agree with you, Silver. Taylor Swift is HUGE, even compared to Ariana Grande. And over here, Mika is practically unknown, so I don't understand why you all find it so hard to believe that he lost. :dunno:

There's no conspiracy against Mika. Why would there be? And I thought we established that there WERE pro-Mika comments published on the RDMA site -- I saw them with my own eyes. Marilyn, just because you didn't see your own comments, doesn't mean they weren't published. There were literally thousands of comments -- it took forever for the page to load all the comments, and even though I waited for 10-15 minutes the one day, I'm not sure that I saw all of them. I just wasn't willing to wait any longer. :aah:

It's great that this song was even nominated, it was great exposure I'm sure. And the fact that so many fans voted and kept talking about it on Twitter and elsewhere is great. But honestly, I think it's unrealistic to blame a conspiracy. Mika is just not that popular here in the US... yet. :wink2:

All I am saying, Deb & Silver, is that we can never win these kinds of awards. I have never said, "conspiracy", I have only said that they know the big fan bases are going to win.

All I was meaning is that it's not worth bothering about awards like this. The ones where you can vote as many times as you want are, in my view, not worth it. They are not about who has the best song, or the best colab, they are only about who has the strongest fandom. So I was meaning thatwe shouldn't bother with those kinds of awards in the future.

It upsets me that you seem to think I've been crying conspiracy, when I have been a voice of reason on this site for 7 years. Reading back through my posts you should know that I never cause trouble. I have always tried to defuse any arguments by putting a reasonable point of view.

But I am also honest. I don't think I am the only person who's comments didn't show up. Yes, there were some for Mika, but not as many as there should have been, and if we want people to find out who he is, then the comments are important.

I think I've brought a lot to this site, yet people are always so quick to have a go at me. Please stop it, because, after all my efforts here, it's very hurtful.

All I am saying, Deb & Silver, is that we can never win these kinds of awards. I have never said, "conspiracy", I have only said that they know the big fan bases are going to win.

All I was meaning is that it's not worth bothering about awards like this. The ones where you can vote as many times as you want are, in my view, not worth it. They are not about who has the best song, or the best colab, they are only about who has the strongest fandom. So I was meaning thatwe shouldn't bother with those kinds of awards in the future.

It upsets me that you seem to think I've been crying conspiracy, when I have been a voice of reason on this site for 7 years. Reading back through my posts you should know that I never cause trouble. I have always tried to defuse any arguments by putting a reasonable point of view.

But I am also honest. I don't think I am the only person who's comments didn't show up. Yes, there were some for Mika, but not as many as there should have been, and if we want people to find out who he is, then the comments are important.

I think I've brought a lot to this site, yet people are always so quick to have a go at me. Please stop it, because, after all my efforts here, it's very hurtful.

Marilyn, I totally agree that trying to win this sort of "fan vote" award is an exercise in futility in the US at the moment. Mika is just not that popular in this country.

I'm sorry you feel I was "having a go" at you, because I wasn't. Just because I mentioned your name in my post doesn't mean that everything I said in it was directed specifically and only to you!

In fact, I feel like you're having a go at me over this. :sad: Please don't twist my words. I didn't say that you were causing trouble. I didn't call you names. I'm just disagreeing with you. There's a difference.

You implied that your comments on the RDMA site were censored, that they "didn't show up," and I just don't think that's the case. I saw pro-Mika comments on the page, and when you stress that you didn't see any, I feel as though you're saying that I'm lying.

There were, as I said, literally thousands of comments, so, proportionally speaking, the comments by Mika supporters were a drop in the bucket compared to how many 1D and Taylor Swift comments were posted. I'm not surprised that you didn't see any Mika comments.

You may not have used the word conspiracy, but others in this thread are strongly suggesting it by saying that Radio Disney has something to hide by not posting the results of the voting. Those of you here who keep complaining about this award show are essentially implying that it was fixed, and I'm of the opinion that it wasn't. Taylor Swift is a huge star at the moment, so it really shouldn't be a surprise that her fans outnumber and outvoted Mika fans. It doesn't surprise me, at least. :dunno:

It's just a difference of opinion, that's all. I'm just as hurt by your implication that I'm having a go at you, when all I'm doing is expressing an opposite opinion. Since when is that "having a go" at someone? When have you ever seen me have a go at anyone on this forum? If we can't all express our points of view then what is the point of being here? :blink:

Marilyn, I totally agree that trying to win this sort of "fan vote" award is an exercise in futility in the US at the moment. Mika is just not that popular in this country.

I'm sorry you feel I was "having a go" at you, because I wasn't. Just because I mentioned your name in my post doesn't mean that everything I said in it was directed specifically and only to you!

In fact, I feel like you're having a go at me over this. :sad: Please don't twist my words. I didn't say that you were causing trouble. I didn't call you names. I'm just disagreeing with you. There's a difference.

You implied that your comments on the RDMA site were censored, that they "didn't show up," and I just don't think that's the case. I saw pro-Mika comments on the page, and when you stress that you didn't see any, I feel as though you're saying that I'm lying.

There were, as I said, literally thousands of comments, so, proportionally speaking, the comments by Mika supporters were a drop in the bucket compared to how many 1D and Taylor Swift comments were posted. I'm not surprised that you didn't see any Mika comments.

You may not have used the word conspiracy, but others in this thread are strongly suggesting it by saying that Radio Disney has something to hide by not posting the results of the voting. Those of you here who keep complaining about this award show are essentially implying that it was fixed, and I'm of the opinion that it wasn't. Taylor Swift is a huge star at the moment, so it really shouldn't be a surprise that her fans outnumber and outvoted Mika fans. It doesn't surprise me, at least. :dunno:

It's just a difference of opinion, that's all. I'm just as hurt by your implication that I'm having a go at you, when all I'm doing is expressing an opposite opinion. Since when is that "having a go" at someone? When have you ever seen me have a go at anyone on this forum? If we can't all express our points of view then what is the point of being here? :blink:

I'm sorry. I wasn't getting at you really. It's just that I really didn't mean anything bad by what I said. It was the fact that you mentioned my name, that made me feel like what you said was directed my way.

It upset me because I've always tried to be a support, in my own small way, to the mods on the site, by being calm and reasonable in my posts to help defuse arguments. I have never given an opinion, without giving my reasons and I have never disrespected another's point of view.

So when I thought (mistakenly) that you thought I was stirring things up, I got upset about it. All I really meant was that these kinds of awards are not worth bothering with in future. A lot of fans tried really hard to win it for Mika, and it was a loosening battle

But even though it was doubtful Mika would win, I do think it's unfair of them not to publish the figures. I haven't said anything about the figures myself, but they are wrong not to post them.

That said, these kinds of award shows are a farce, and not worth our efforts.

I've edited, just to say that I didn't say there were no Mika comments. I said I saw some, so I never implied you were lying about it. I know you were being truthful

Edited by Marilyn Mastin