Mika and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra - 10 February 2015

guylainem123

I got that once, I assume it was because someone already selected those seats ahead of me by a couple seconds :naughty:

Anyway, I hope you got some tickets though :huglove::hug:

I got one, thank you! :hug:

Yes! We'll feel downright spoiled -- sort of like when we were at Harpa in Iceland, Nina! :naughty:

Someone will need to tell Mr. Mika that. :dance_man:

it would have been great to have met you there :wink2:

That was a luxurious private queueing with an amazing view :wub2:

:

Oh so that was unusual? :naughty:

I had THE most hectic and stressful day running around trying to get things done all over town but I am so excited now abt these tix! :excite: I realize how many of u guys I'll get to meet for the first time and ofc looking frwd to catching up with the ole 'crew' :aah: I'll prolly only be in Montreal for the 2 days and spend the rest of time in Ottawa but I think I'm more excited abt the trip and people than seeing mika right now :aah:

Oh, good, you got tickets as well. I didn't realize you were planning on coming -- must have missed your name in the RSVP list!

And I'll pass all your "thank yous" on to Team Mika as well! :thumb_yello:

Oh great! See you there! if not sooner! :original:

I really want to thank you anyway into making me feel more secure if something wrong would have happened at the presale, and for giving us all the infos about it... Since I'm an extreme busy person I still managed to get tickets to my favorite singer, but I really thought that I wouldn't have had the chance to. So big up to you my dear :huglove: I hope to see you even sooner than the concert too, I'm there anytime x

Edited by RayaBadran

Hey I have a question and was wondering if anyone had the same thing? I got 4 seats right next to each other and they all say row BB but the seat numbers are 9 11 13 and 15? Im sorta confused :boxed:

It's because one side of the row is pair and the other side is impair ;)

I have 11 and 13 too! In AA.

Oh so that was unusual? :naughty:

Usually people queue (freeze) at a street in the middle of people and with luck sneak in to buy coffee and use toilets nearby, um, 5-30 minutes away :aah: In Reykjavik we could just stay inside that unique, huge building with cafes, shops, toilets (yes, luxurious toilets :naughty:) and absolutely AMAZING view through giant windows :wub2: Will never forget Reykjavik and how beautiful it was, the most beautiful place I've ever been to.

Usually people queue (freeze) at a street in the middle of people and with luck sneak in to buy coffee and use toilets nearby, um, 5-30 minutes away :aah: In Reykjavik we could just stay inside that unique, huge building with cafes, shops, toilets (yes, luxurious toilets :naughty:) and absolutely AMAZING view through giant windows :wub2: Will never forget Reykjavik and how beautiful it was, the most beautiful place I've ever been to.

I have never experienced that but have heard a lot of stories about it :teehee:

It makes me so happy to see you say that, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :thumb_yello: but I gues I should feel a little bad for just walking in there last minute and didn't have to wait at all :naughty:

so this sale was epic (as usual :aah:). But I got the precious tix for both nights and I'm so happy everyone has too :thumb_yello:

I'm so glad I'll be part of those amazing gigs!! a big thank you to MFC, Mika's team and everyone involved! I can only imagine how stressfull it should have been for you all :doh:

I'm soooo looking forward to see you all there. I guess it's the very first time in my life that I'm so excited about going to a freezing place :aah::naughty:

anyway, I just can't wait to be there with you all :groupwave:

I have never experienced that but have heard a lot of stories about it :teehee:

It makes me so happy to see you say that, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :thumb_yello: but I gues I should feel a little bad for just walking in there last minute and didn't have to wait at all :naughty:

Hahah, there was absolutely no need to queue at all for this show but it was bit late to do sightseeing during the afternoon and we were just SO excited about everything (especially the place) that we wanted to spend a few hours together chatting and enjoying. Even the venue was so special with windows and view! I think we all three want to go back there again and again, I haven't done it yet but I keep thinking about it all the time :wub2:

So I´m curious if anyone who wanted got their tickets. Even if I´m not involved I was and still am very excited :wink2:

I couldn't bring myself to jump in and try. I have to make sure that I can afford to keep the roof over my head this coming month, so while it's a nice dream, that's all it is going to stay, even with the new job.

If you are coming from Europe and trying to economize I would recommend looking at getting a cheap local flight to London and then booking your transatlantic flight from London. Because it's Montreal Paris may also be a good hub. There are charters from London to Canada that are often 30% less than a scheduled airline like Air Canada or British Airways. Flight time selection is not the best, especially in winter, but otherwise I've found there's not a whole lot to justify the extra cost of regular airlines.

There is a charter company in the UK called Canadian Affair and I would recommend signing up for their newsletter and keeping an eye on flights and maybe even packages to Montreal. http://Http://canadianaffair.com/

Also I would recommend booking direct with Air Transat http://airtransat.com/. Flights from other cities might be a bit more expensive than flights from London but worth it to take a direct flight and save the hassle.

You don't need to book your flight now whichever airline you choose. You will get better pricing probably 3-6 months before February and in fact you probably can't even book charter flights right now because it's too early.

For Montreal I would recommend staying near Old Montreal rather than near the venue because that's where all the action is and you only need to be at the venue for a few hours during your whole trip since there is no queuing.

I won't be there but I hope you all have fun. :group_hug:

so this sale was epic (as usual :aah:). But I got the precious tix for both nights and I'm so happy everyone has too :thumb_yello:

I'm so glad I'll be part of those amazing gigs!! a big thank you to MFC, Mika's team and everyone involved! I can only imagine how stressfull it should have been for you all :doh:

I'm soooo looking forward to see you all there. I guess it's the very first time in my life that I'm so excited about going to a freezing place :aah::naughty:

Good! Can't wait to see you again :)

If you are coming from Europe and trying to economize I would recommend looking at getting a cheap local flight to London and then booking your transatlantic flight from London. Because it's Montreal Paris may also be a good hub. There are charters from London to Canada that are often 30% less than a scheduled airline like Air Canada or British Airways. Flight time selection is not the best, especially in winter, but otherwise I've found there's not a whole lot to justify the extra cost of regular airlines.

There is a charter company in the UK called Canadian Affair and I would recommend signing up for their newsletter and keeping an eye on flights and maybe even packages to Montreal. http://Http://canadianaffair.com/

Also I would recommend booking direct with Air Transat http://airtransat.com/. Flights from other cities might be a bit more expensive than flights from London but worth it to take a direct flight and save the hassle.

You don't need to book your flight now whichever airline you choose. You will get better pricing probably 3-6 months before February and in fact you probably can't even book charter flights right now because it's too early.

For Montreal I would recommend staying near Old Montreal rather than near the venue because that's where all the action is and you only need to be at the venue for a few hours during your whole trip since there is no queuing.

Thanks for your hint, will check it

Thanks for the tip Christine. :thumb_yello:

Hahah, there was absolutely no need to queue at all for this show but it was bit late to do sightseeing during the afternoon and we were just SO excited about everything (especially the place) that we wanted to spend a few hours together chatting and enjoying. Even the venue was so special with windows and view! I think we all three want to go back there again and again, I haven't done it yet but I keep thinking about it all the time :wub2:

thats good that you could have some fun there at least :) and I hope you will :wink2:

Thank you so much :thumb_yello:

Hint: this isn't the place to bring your big foam finger :aah:

Hint: this isn't the place to bring your big foam finger :aah:

Whaat ? :teehee:

I really hope it's not going to be all the time seated. I mean.. it's MIKA ! I went to a gig from an other band and it was seated but we were standing half of the time. Buuut it was not in the Symphonic House, so I don't know how much we will have to be quiet.

If all the MFC stand up and dance, I guess other people will follow ? :aah::naughty:

Please let me dream alone. :mf_rosetinted:

Seems like there were more than 50 tickets available though, doesn't it? And they were all over the place. :blink:

That was my impression. I wasn't able to get on the computer to buy tickets until a couple of hours after the fan presale had started. I didn't think I would be able to get any at all. While I didn't get front row (understandably) my seats are only about 5 rows from the front. Which isn't bad. :thumb_yello:

I told my husband that I knew what my next birthday present could be (my birthday is only a week after the concert)! He ignored me at first but I'm pretty sure I can wear him down. I'm sorry my co-worker can't go with me this time. We always have great times on our Mika trips! But even if I go alone, I'm sure I will have plenty of MFCers to keep me company. :group_hug: