Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

I'm happy we can all voice our opinion and express ourselves here :biggrin2: Thanks Deb :huglove: That's my MFC :wub2:

I must confess I enjoy watching Mika on TV :wub2: but I'm awfully frustrated with no gigs this summer now that it was getting a bit easier for me to go... fingers crossed for this winter then...and I don't even dare guessing when the new album will be out :dunno:

So well...wait and see...I was so spoilt last summer I can't complain because I got so much at once :mikalove: after seven years of waiting so I'll wait :wink2:

Thanks Eriko :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I'm awfully frustrated with no gigs this summer now that it was getting a bit easier for me to go...

Same here! At least you were lucky last year :teehee:

fingers crossed for this winter then...and I don't even dare guessing when the new album will be out :dunno:

:tears: We must be patient :hug:

I'm not angry either, but I am disappointed... and resigned. I'm not going to rant about XF8 because it's a done deal, and nothing I say is going to stop Mika from doing it. The contract's signed, right? He's not going to tear it up just because he reads a few comments on Twitter or MFC :dunno:

I wish he had chosen differently, for so many reasons, both selfish and otherwise. But as I said when we had this conversation before about XF7 and The Voice, I should be allowed to say that without people jumping all over me, implying that I'm a bad fan, and that if I don't like it I should leave. :sneaky2: Please don't keep saying, "Mika can do whatever he wants!":doh: Of course he can! I've never said he had to do what I want! But I can do whatever I want, too. And I am expressing my opinion. Here on this forum I am allowed to. That's the whole point of the forum: Expressing opinions, exchanging ideas.

Think of it this way: If your friend chose to do something you didn't approve of -- marry someone you didn't like, take up smoking, spend too much money on a frivolous purchase -- you would probably state how you felt, knowing that there was probably nothing you could do to change that other person's mind. Even if you love and support that other person, you are still a *separate* individual with your own ideas about things. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you automatically love everything they do. And just because you have a difference of opinion with your friend doesn't mean you stop loving and supporting them or think they are a bad person.

Rose said this in another thread and I agree with her on all points:

:thumb_yello:

So please, let's stop these attempts to make people feel bad for having an opinion that differs from your own, on both sides. Obviously, this is a divisive issue that people feel very strongly about, but remember this: Even if you think that Mika committing to XF8 is great, that doesn't make you a better fan than someone who is disappointed that he's doing it. Both opinions are valid. The very fact that someone wants to voice their opinions, no matter what they are, means that they ARE a Mika fan and care a great deal about him!

Only people who don't care about Mika at all don't have an opinion on this subject. :naughty:

you are Always so wise Deb :huglove:

I'm agree with you and Rose :thumb_yello:

10 aprile 2014

Mika giudice di X Factor 2014

Il 13 dicembre 2013, subito dopo la finale al Mediolanum Forum, avete iniziato a chiederci: “Ma Mika ci sarà anche l’anno prossimo?”. Vi abbiamo sempre risposto che a tempo debito l’avremmo comunicato… e a distanza di quattro mesi possiamo finalmente svelarvelo: Mika tornerà a sedersi al tavolo della giuria di X Factor!

L’anno scorso Mika ha dimostrato di avere grande esperienza, sensibilità e voglia di mettersi in gioco. Ha imparato l’italiano in tempo record riuscendo a tenere testa agli altri giudici con le sue battute genuine e divertenti. Il suo bagaglio musicale ha portato una ventata di internazionalità allo show, facendo scoprire al pubblico canzoni appartenenti alla cultura di altri Paesi. L’avete visto cantare, ballare, arrabbiarsi e commuoversi. È stato un insegnante severo ma anche un fratello maggiore su cui contare. Cosa ci riserverà Mika quest’anno? Una cosa è certa: spacherà!

Se volete iscriversi all’edizione 2014 di X Factor basta compilare il form a questo indirizzo o chiamare il numero 0423. 402300 se avete tra i 16 e i 18 anni.

VK VIDEO link : http://vk.com/video232312753_168331271

VK Video don't work for me, as Always :sad:

I didn't watch XFactor last season. Will non-Italian people be able to watch on live feeds, or download it like we are doing with The Voice? Hope so:crossed:

I didn't watch XFactor last season. Will non-Italian people be able to watch on live feeds, or download it like we are doing with The Voice? Hope so:crossed:

No live feeds (if my tired brain remembers correctly) but we could watch videos

Hello , I'm Italian so maybe I am a bit 'part ... I can say to be super happy that Mika is to XFactor again .

I read the negative comments and I understand them (as far as my bad English allows this) , the point is that Mika has completely upset the Italian television, has raised the level of competition that until two years ago was the almost monotonous ... people have watched XFactor this year with different eyes, if only to see Mika speak Italian (a language which he learned in two months, and this is wow) , no one expected anything like that.

Thanks to him we have heard, I for one , songs that did not even know the name .

Made us smile , saying that he does not like risotto , but prefer the cuisine of the south.

I think Mika in a program like X Factor or The Voice can only do well , will continue to show everyone that being an artist does not mean being a snob , that being gay or straight or whatever does not matter,

if you believe that you can get anywhere you want .

So yes, I am very happy that Mika returns to Italy for XFactor , finally an official announcement , even if the rumors were circulating for a while ' , Mika himself to BARBARIAN INVASION has hinted of wanting to be a judge again next year .:blush-anim-cl:

Hello , I'm Italian so maybe I am a bit 'part ... I can say to be super happy that Mika is to XFactor again .

I read the negative comments and I understand them (as far as my bad English allows this) , the point is that Mika has completely upset the Italian television, has raised the level of competition that until two years ago was the almost monotonous ... people have watched XFactor this year with different eyes, if only to see Mika speak Italian (a language which he learned in two months, and this is wow) , no one expected anything like that.

Thanks to him we have heard, I for one , songs that did not even know the name .

Made us smile , saying that he does not like risotto , but prefer the cuisine of the south.

I think Mika in a program like X Factor or The Voice can only do well , will continue to show everyone that being an artist does not mean being a snob , that being gay or straight or whatever does not matter,

So yes, I am very happy that Mika returns to Italy for XFactor , finally an official announcement , even if the rumors were circulating for a while ' , Mika himself to BARBARIAN INVASION has hinted of wanting to be a judge again next year .:blush-anim-cl:

:thumb_yello: Thank you - for telling so many positive, and important, things about MIKAs presence at XF!! :huglove: That's what I have always thought - that he has sooo much to share, and add, both for those who take part in the competiton, and those who just watch TV. MIKA is such a lovely person, with so many good qualities, and I think it's really great that people get to know it - and experience lots more with him, than listening to his CDs and see him live at concerts, even that's something everybody should have the privilidge to do ... :teehee::fisch:

Love,love

me

I'm not angry either, but I am disappointed... and resigned. I'm not going to rant about XF8 because it's a done deal, and nothing I say is going to stop Mika from doing it. The contract's signed, right? He's not going to tear it up just because he reads a few comments on Twitter or MFC :dunno:

I wish he had chosen differently, for so many reasons, both selfish and otherwise. But as I said when we had this conversation before about XF7 and The Voice, I should be allowed to say that without people jumping all over me, implying that I'm a bad fan, and that if I don't like it I should leave. :sneaky2: Please don't keep saying, "Mika can do whatever he wants!":doh: Of course he can! I've never said he had to do what I want! But I can do whatever I want, too. And I am expressing my opinion. Here on this forum I am allowed to. That's the whole point of the forum: Expressing opinions, exchanging ideas.

Think of it this way: If your friend chose to do something you didn't approve of -- marry someone you didn't like, take up smoking, spend too much money on a frivolous purchase -- you would probably state how you felt, knowing that there was probably nothing you could do to change that other person's mind. Even if you love and support that other person, you are still a *separate* individual with your own ideas about things. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you automatically love everything they do. And just because you have a difference of opinion with your friend doesn't mean you stop loving and supporting them or think they are a bad person.

Rose said this in another thread and I agree with her on all points:

:thumb_yello:

So please, let's stop these attempts to make people feel bad for having an opinion that differs from your own, on both sides. Obviously, this is a divisive issue that people feel very strongly about, but remember this: Even if you think that Mika committing to XF8 is great, that doesn't make you a better fan than someone who is disappointed that he's doing it. Both opinions are valid. The very fact that someone wants to voice their opinions, no matter what they are, means that they ARE a Mika fan and care a great deal about him!

Only people who don't care about Mika at all don't have an opinion on this subject. :naughty:

Thank you for this post, I agree and even if I'm not so active in the mfc (because of my writing English abilities) I feel the same as many of you. It's because we care about him and we know his real value that we prefer him not to sit behind a desk but expressing himself on a stage or doing whatever directly connected to his music. It's out of any doubt that he will enrich any tv show he take part to and that other positive things will happen (he's not dead, hes not going to, and he's not in the middle of a human sacrifice etc). Even if someone doesn't understand his decision it doesn't mean they're not loving him anymore. A bit of disappointment doesn't mean putting a cross on him. Untill any other reasons take me away from him, I will always support him, but that doesn't mean that I agree with every decision he takes.

I'm happy for the ones who are happy, we're not entitled to judge anyone, we're here to say what we think and even if we disagree we're here for the same reason: we love him. In different ways, of course, but it doesn't matter, his music unites so many people in the world, I'm honored to be a recipient of his art but it doesn't mean I always agree with him. We're here because we love him and this is what matters. And most of all the discussions enrich us, always.

:group_hug:

Thank you for this post, I agree and even if I'm not so active in the mfc (because of my writing English abilities) I feel the same as many of you. It's because we care about him and we know his real value that we prefer him not to sit behind a desk but expressing himself on a stage or doing whatever directly connected to his music. It's out of any doubt that he will enrich any tv show he take part to and that other positive things will happen (he's not dead, hes not going to, and he's not in the middle of a human sacrifice etc). Even if someone doesn't understand his decision it doesn't mean they're not loving him anymore. A bit of disappointment doesn't mean putting a cross on him. Untill any other reasons take me away from him, I will always support him, but that doesn't mean that I agree with every decision he takes.

I'm happy for the ones who are happy, we're not entitled to judge anyone, we're here to say what we think and even if we disagree we're here for the same reason: we love him. In different ways, of course, but it doesn't matter, his music unites so many people in the world, I'm honored to be a recipient of his art but it doesn't mean I always agree with him. We're here because we love him and this is what matters. And most of all the discussions enrich us, always.

:thumb_yello: It would be very strange if we agreed with all his decisions - luckily we're all independant and thinking individuals :blush-anim-cl: From a selfish point of view, I would mostly like MIKA to work with his own music, to release new albs. and plan new tours, non stop :fisch: But I know that's very unrealistic to expect, so as long as he's happy and creative, I'm pleased - and take what I get, with a smile - and I'm sure we'll be rewarded with a new great alb. soon! Disappointed or not, by his new XF season, we just have to be patient - and wait ... :mikadas:

Love,love

me

The live streaming is available only on the pay tv site, I'm afraid :( The day after, however, there are usually plenty of streaming and download links!

Agreed :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: Thank you - for telling so many positive, and important, things about MIKAs presence at XF!! :huglove: That's what I have always thought - that he has sooo much to share, and add, both for those who take part in the competiton, and those who just watch TV. MIKA is such a lovely person, with so many good qualities, and I think it's really great that people get to know it - and experience lots more with him, than listening to his CDs and see him live at concerts, even that's something everybody should have the privilidge to do ... :teehee::fisch:

Love,love

me

thank you :)

I think this is the message of Mika, he's the first to get into the game ... it's fantastic.

I agree about the concerts, I can not wait to see him live!

There are many rumors, which states that in November 2014 maybe organize a tour ... hopefully <3 even though we are all waiting for the new album.

Mika is a person overwhelming and delicious.

It ' s a special person! :thumb_yello:

thank you :)

I think this is the message of Mika, he's the first to get into the game ... it's fantastic.

I agree about the concerts, I can not wait to see him live!

There are many rumors, which states that in November 2014 maybe organize a tour ... hopefully <3 even though we are all waiting for the new album.

Mika is a person overwhelming and delicious.

It ' s a special person! :thumb_yello:

How would he be able to do a tour in November, isn't that when the live X Fsctor shows start?

:thumb_yello: It would be very strange if we agreed with all his decisions - luckily we're all independant and thinking individuals :blush-anim-cl: From a selfish point of view, I would mostly like MIKA to work with his own music, to release new albs. and plan new tours, non stop :fisch: But I know that's very unrealistic to expect, so as long as he's happy and creative, I'm pleased - and take what I get, with a smile - and I'm sure we'll be rewarded with a new great alb. soon! Disappointed or not, by his new XF season, we just have to be patient - and wait ... :mikadas:

Love,love

me

Yeah you get the point. I wanna believe that the projects he is (and will be) involved in will surprise us, maybe they will be greater than ever and we'll understand (even if we are not required to understand anything) his decisions better once we see what he has planned. In the meanwhile I try to enjoy every thing he give us :wink2:

I love what you have said. Personally, I have always felt that Mika was, not just a popstar, but a whole package. I always thought that he has the capacity to really shake things up and change opinions, or just open people's minds to new ideas.

What I love about the TV talent shows, is that he has done all I knew he could.

Of course I miss the concerts, but the last two in the the UK upset me, because the venues were so small. He should be filling stadiums in UK, by rights. So I don't worry that he isn't doing concerts in UK at the moment.

The only thing I wish, is that the UK, and other English speaking countries, were aware of his success in Italy and France. There is nothing in our press about his success. I even emailed one of our papers last year, to tell them about it, andthey took no notice. But if he would do something like this in the UK, they might sit up and take notice again. So, although I'm happy with him doing X Factor again, I hope he has some plans to get his career back in UK, and other parts of the world where he's not so well known, like USA.

I think, what many fans feel, is that he's only focussing on Italy and France. But I think what he ought to do is, let his wider fan base know what he plans for the rest of us. Then we'd have something to look forward to, as well as the Italians and the French.

How would he be able to do a tour in November, isn't that when the live X Fsctor shows start?

I asked myself.

Hope does not cost anything ... even doing that because two calculations, the inscriptions are open until 28 April.

The hearings usually ranging from June / July

Beginning August those of the dancers.

The program should start around September / October ... then there's Hell Factor .. I do not know if there is in the other series, reduce 4 episodes in 2 with a double elimination for the following two Thursdays.

By the half of November Mika should be free.

Although it is practically impossibilie, do not know who spread the word of the concert, we can only hope for a miracle, even if it comes to Mika so I'm not surprised!

More Mika on TV means less gigs but I must admit I m also addicted to watching him on TV :mikalove: so I ll enjoy it as well :wub2: Enjoy Strangeblueyes :huglove:

It s a pity there s no Mika gig this summer though....

I love what you have said. Personally, I have always felt that Mika was, not just a popstar, but a whole package. I always thought that he has the capacity to really shake things up and change opinions, or just open people's minds to new ideas.

What I love about the TV talent shows, is that he has done all I knew he could.

Of course I miss the concerts, but the last two in the the UK upset me, because the venues were so small. He should be filling stadiums in UK, by rights. So I don't worry that he isn't doing concerts in UK at the moment.

The only thing I wish, is that the UK, and other English speaking countries, were aware of his success in Italy and France. There is nothing in our press about his success. I even emailed one of our papers last year, to tell them about it, andthey took no notice. But if he would do something like this in the UK, they might sit up and take notice again. So, although I'm happy with him doing X Factor again, I hope he has some plans to get his career back in UK, and other parts of the world where he's not so well known, like USA.

I think, what many fans feel, is that he's only focussing on Italy and France. But I think what he ought to do is, let his wider fan base know what he plans for the rest of us. Then we'd have something to look forward to, as well as the Italians and the French.

Hello , excuse my English , I agree with you on Mika , he has power that is not even imagine , I think it's one of his best qualities , he is simple , genuine (even extravagant ) .

He shows on stage Mika , Mika only , not a prepacked ( I hope you write well - . -)

As for the concerts , I understand your point of view , I'm serious .. Mika in Italy has two made her concert in 2012 , but I think as soon as they get the time back on stage stronger than before , also grew up.

I think when the time comes will give us wow concerts all over the world.

For newspaper articles , well, it is not only a problem for you, but almost all countries ... forexample in our newspapers wrote that there has Mika is first on the charts in Spain, or articles that tell something new about him are the usual things .... : Mika , Anglo- Lebanese singer , etc. .. stop!

It ' frustrating.

And I can also understand that many fans say : Mika only focuses on France and Italy .

Frankly, we also say : I wish Mika would remain in Italy, because back in LA, or London when has the house here ? ( And what a house ! )

It 's normal that way.

But I think he's working with a plane larger, plane which includes Japanese, French , English, Spanish , Italian , etc ...

I think in this periado is focusing on Italy because Italians usually have just started ( thanks to XFactor ) to really know him .

Mika is a world artist, and I do not think that there is no distinction for him, he loves all his fans alike !

Edited by StrangeBlueEyes

I asked myself.

Hope does not cost anything ... even doing that because two calculations, the inscriptions are open until 28 April.

The hearings usually ranging from June / July

Beginning August those of the dancers.

The program should start around September / October ... then there's Hell Factor .. I do not know if there is in the other series, reduce 4 episodes in 2 with a double elimination for the following two Thursdays.

By the half of November Mika should be free.

Although it is practically impossibilie, do not know who spread the word of the concert, we can only hope for a miracle, even if it comes to Mika so I'm not surprised!

My point is, he won't be doing any touring while he is doing the show.

This week Kylie Minogue quit The Voice in the UK because it would conflict with her touring schedule.

Gary Barlow quit The X Factor in the UK because it would interfere with his touring and writing, recording and setting up the next Take That tour.The schedules for this shows are so all over the place, no artist does tours when they are on them.

The sooner everyone understands this, then they will actually realise that those of us who aren't happy with Mika doing these shows aren't being negative, we are being realistic. He can't do both, and while he chooses to do the tv shows there won't be any gigs.

He said no Summer festivals this year, which were gigs in the run up to the pre recorded shows last year. After that there were no gigs at all, and this year he will be using every spare minute to get the album finished up to the run up to the shows, so no gigs again.

He said maybe gigs in the winter, well that most likely means after he has finished X Factor, which will mean late December, but I'm thinking more along the lines of January 2015 now, we already know he is doing the shows in Canada in February.

So you should understand that those of us who don't like these shows, but do love Mika and his music, are incredibly frustrated by this. The constant putting gigs on the back burner makes us sad.

We just want to see him back on stage again. I would be happy if he did gigs in Italy and France, at least it means we get to see him perform again.

Also, he is first and foremost a music artist, and like most music artists writing and touring is the creative life blood. It has been for centuries, long before these tv shows came along. So doing the tv isn't essential to his creativity as such, all he has to do is go travelling for a month and he will have creative influences jumping out at him all over the place.

There has been talk about anger on here.

I'm not angry about this, I am frustrated, disappointed and a little worried that he is going to find it hard to get back on track with markets outside of Italy and France.

He has fans all over the world who want to see him perform live.

Some countries he is very popular in like Mexico, New Zealand, and South Africa have NEVER had a gig.

I feel sad for them, and other countries who haven't seen him for years (Australia, Brazil). He is so good live, like Marilyn said he should be filling stadiums at this stage of his career.

Maybe he is happy not playing to massive venues, which is fair enough, but it does feel like such a waste that someone so amazing at performing like he is, is stifling that part of himself to do tv.

This is how I feel anyway.

My point is, he won't be doing any touring while he is doing the show.

This week Kylie Minogue quit The Voice in the UK because it would conflict with her touring schedule.

Gary Barlow quit The X Factor in the UK because it would interfere with his touring and writing, recording and setting up the next Take That tour.The schedules for this shows are so all over the place, no artist does tours when they are on them.

The sooner everyone understands this, then they will actually realise that those of us who aren't happy with Mika doing these shows aren't being negative, we are being realistic. He can't do both, and while he chooses to do the tv shows there won't be any gigs.

He said no Summer festivals this year, which were gigs in the run up to the pre recorded shows last year. After that there were no gigs at all, and this year he will be using every spare minute to get the album finished up to the run up to the shows, so no gigs again.

He said maybe gigs in the winter, well that most likely means after he has finished X Factor, which will mean late December, but I'm thinking more along the lines of January 2015 now, we already know he is doing the shows in Canada in February.

So you should understand that those of us who don't like these shows, but do love Mika and his music, are incredibly frustrated by this. The constant putting gigs on the back burner makes us sad.

We just want to see him back on stage again. I would be happy if he did gigs in Italy and France, at least it means we get to see him perform again.

Also, he is first and foremost a music artist, and like most music artists writing and touring is the creative life blood. It has been for centuries, long before these tv shows came along. So doing the tv isn't essential to his creativity as such, all he has to do is go travelling for a month and he will have creative influences jumping out at him all over the place.

There has been talk about anger on here.

I'm not angry about this, I am frustrated, disappointed and a little worried that he is going to find it hard to get back on track with markets outside of Italy and France.

He has fans all over the world who want to see him perform live.

Some countries he is very popular in like Mexico, New Zealand, and South Africa have NEVER had a gig.

I feel sad for them, and other countries who haven't seen him for years (Australia, Brazil). He is so good live, like Marilyn said he should be filling stadiums at this stage of his career.

Maybe he is happy not playing to massive venues, which is fair enough, but it does feel like such a waste that someone so amazing at performing like he is, is stifling that part of himself to do tv.

This is how I feel anyway.

I understand your point of view,

all here we're dying to see one of his concerts, even five minutes to hear him sing live.

I can understand your point of view, no one here says it's wrong.

I believe that Marilyn was not referring to you, I also understand your frustration, it is rightly so.

But honestly I'm glad that Mika is back in Italy XFactor, I think the program needs people like him.

Able to capture you, and frankly who really understand about music.

That the concert is in December, January, also in July under the blazing sun ... in my humble opinion is irrelevant.

Mika for now is writing a new album, which I await eagerly, just released there will be a tour.

It's really hard to imagine what thoughts are closed in Mika's head about his future. What he really wants to do.

All the comments I read here are logical, have a sense . But I also think that they are all arguments that Mika has already done. So, I can only think that at this point of his career and of his life he could want different things than those who he has chased and desired until now. In what he's doing now (and in what he is NOT doing) I can see this: a change. In his mind, in his life, in his heart, I do not know.

But this would be logical, he is 30 years old, he is an adult now...and that age can change many things in your life. We'll see. :thumb_yello:

It's really hard to imagine what thoughts are closed in Mika's head about his future. What he really wants to do.

All the comments I read here are logical, have a sense . But I also think that they are all arguments that Mika has already done. So, I can only think that at this point of his career and of his life he could want different things than those who he has chased and desired until now. In what he's doing now (and in what he is NOT doing) I can see this: a change. In his mind, in his life, in his heart, I do not know.

But this would be logical, he is 30 years old, he is an adult now...and that age can change many things in your life. We'll see. :thumb_yello:

you're right Marta!

I'm not angry either, but I am disappointed... and resigned.

[...]

Thanks Deb, agree with you about being free to express different opinions.

Now you make me feel bad not to say my own :naughty:, I don't want people think I don't care about Mika because I don't talk much about the subject :teehee::wink2:

So, shortly: I don't understand why he is doing a second XF (or a second The Voice if this ever happens), I think it would be better artistically speaking that he makes something else, and also that he tries something else instead of repeating. But as I'm not in his head to know the details about why he is doing it, I will keep doing what I think (I'm not implying other people should do this, only that it is how I see my own behaviour) is my job as a fan: supporting him about what I like or love, and simply ignorng what I don't like (not sure I will watch it this year :naughty:).

Then, it's my opinion on the 13th of April 2014, I can change it whenever I want :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

:huglove: