Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

It was about double standards as for example my direct opinion which was expressed in a similar way was criticised for being negative. So to me it feels like you are okay with him showing behaviour that many of us have shown in regards to the talent shows, just because he is Mika and he can do no wrong, whereas you disagree with my opinion which makes it automatically negative. Not just you but more people.

First of all, I would never think he can do no wrong. I think he can do wrong, has done wrong and will do wrong in the future. I think he is human and everyone makes mistakes. Secondly, I understand "negativity" people have referred during some earlier discussions as something else than just disagreeing or having a different opinion. I would never ever think anyone negative just because they disagree with me. However, I'm probably more understanding with Mika than with people in average because I like him enough to make an effort to understand his reasons. For me it sounds just natural but if it makes you think I'm a hypocrite I can't much help it. You wanted hear my answer, I hope this was enough and we can move on now? You are of course free to explain your own views more but I'm busy tonight and tomorrow so I can't easily get back. Hope all is fine :huglove:

VIDEO by Sky Uno

22 ottobre 2014

Mika vi aspetta al primo Live Show di #XF8!

http://xfactor.sky.it/showvideo/217971/mika-vi-aspetta-al-primo-live-show-di-xf8/22-10-2014/

[sky]217971[/sky]

Translation by *Vv*

Here it is! I can't make subtitles right now because I'm writing from my tablet and therefore I can't do the timings but I provide you with a normal translation.

Hi, so this is the real version and that's the photoshopped version....

He's better (pointing at the photograph of himself)

We're near, in front of (he can't remember the preposition that goes with it), I've forgotten my Italian!

Let's speak French:

(In French) we're in front of my dressing room in a very grey corridor (in Italian) very grey.

(French) And we've just done a press conference (says the same in Italian)

(In Italian) now we have the rehearsals, eventually we can work with our talents again, after that, that's much more interesting!

But I'm very happy because my team is not an obvious team but it's a team which isn't afraid of taking risks, to get in the game because they have a musical culture and a maturity, which is the most important thing , they're funny but they're also brave.

So, I'm happy about this challenge, a not obvious one, but one I really like. See you on Thursday for the first live show and let's hope I will remember my Italian, bye!

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the translation.

First of all, I would never think he can do no wrong. I think he can do wrong, has done wrong and will do wrong in the future. I think he is human and everyone makes mistakes. Secondly, I understand "negativity" people have referred during some earlier discussions as something else than just disagreeing or having a different opinion. I would never ever think anyone negative just because they disagree with me. However, I'm probably more understanding with Mika than with people in average because I like him enough to make an effort to understand his reasons. For me it sounds just natural but if it makes you think I'm a hypocrite I can't much help it. You wanted hear my answer, I hope this was enough and we can move on now? You are of course free to explain your own views more but I'm busy tonight and tomorrow so I can't easily get back. Hope all is fine :huglove:

That was all I wanted. Thank you. At least you were brave enough to comment:naughty:.

First off, I was not just talking about you and second off, you are still missing my point. It wasn't about him being harsh or critical. I don't care about that. It was about double standards as for example my direct opinion which was expressed in a similar way was criticised for being negative. So to me it feels like you are okay with him showing behaviour that many of us have shown in regards to the talent shows, just because he is Mika and he can do no wrong, whereas you disagree with my opinion which makes it automatically negative. Not just you but more people.

A native Italian speaker said it sounded harsh yes non-native speakers come up with reasons why it wasn't harsh or why he said it this way blabla. That is making up excuses for either him or yourself. And as I mentioned before, I prefer him being direct over politically correct.

I don't see how it's the same situation. Contestants on these shows are literally signing up to be judged. People don't come to fan forums to be judged.

I don't see how it's the same situation. Contestants on these shows are literally signing up to be judged. People don't come to fan forums to be judged.

I think it is exactly the same situation, apart from the fact that nobody judges anybody here. Mika's career choices were discussed. The fact that you might take that as a personal attack on you is irrelevant because you have nothing to do with it. Contestants on talent shows sign up to be judged yes, but being judged does not necessarily mean that it has to be done in a harsh way.

People come to fan forums to discuss their favourite artists. Then you have opinions which are pro or con. The fact that this fan forum has changed so much that people who disagree with the artist's choices are told to leave because they are being 'negative' is disheartening to me, especially considering the fact that Mika could murder a kitten and people would still say he probably had his reasons for it.

This is exactly the problem. Some posters on MFC interpret "Mika is too good for a TV show", "I don't like Mika's suit", "this song is not good" to be some kind of judgement of themselves when it has nothing to do with them. If you happen to like his clothes or his song or his TV appearances it doesn't mean anyone is judging you. People expressing a different opinion than your own is not a judgement against you.

You're absolutely right. Sometimes I wonder whether I really should write my opinion or I have to expect a never ending discussion for days and defend ourselves or just stop to post to - like many other did alrealdy :mf_rosetinted:

You're absolutely right. Sometimes I wonder whether I really should write my opinion or I have to expect a never ending discussion for days and defend ourselves or just stop to post to - like many other did alrealdy :mf_rosetinted:

Defend yourself against what? People moaning passive aggressively in other threads about you? Being relegated to one thread so people don't have their day ruined by your so-called "negativity"? Having people who claim they don't like the topic come into that thread to tell you to shut up?

No wait that's not you...

People don't come to fan forums to be judged.

:shocked: No one is judged here.

I don't get why you feel it's personal. Did I take it personal when people implied that what I wrote was bull****? Even though I provided evidence and even the translation itself was showing that I just reported his words? Nope. I explained it again cause I couldn't believe that people were actually denying what a word means. And I'm very fine with people in this forum, even with those who don't agree with me.

There is no judgement and no personal attack. There's just some debate. If someone can't stand a discussion, it's ok, there is so much other stuff to focus on, pics, videos, whatever, but this is not a fight.

I never feel like I'm judged and I'm not judgy.

I do know what a fight is, and I swear, this is not what I see here.

Edited by Elwendin

I think it is exactly the same situation, apart from the fact that nobody judges anybody here. Mika's career choices were discussed. The fact that you might take that as a personal attack on you is irrelevant because you have nothing to do with it. Contestants on talent shows sign up to be judged yes, but being judged does not necessarily mean that it has to be done in a harsh way.

People come to fan forums to discuss their favourite artists. Then you have opinions which are pro or con. The fact that this fan forum has changed so much that people who disagree with the artist's choices are told to leave because they are being 'negative' is disheartening to me, especially considering the fact that Mika could murder a kitten and people would still say he probably had his reasons for it.

But I'm sure the kitten would have scratched him first :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

:thumb_yello: I totally agree. As we all may have noticed, there are few people taking part in discussions lately, and imo the reason is obvious, and already pointed out by Graciosa tonight :blush-anim-cl: Some months ago, I was even asked for a proof, to justify my opinion and support for MIKA, and then it gets a bit heavy! :blink: I thought this was a fan forum, not a court ...:doh:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: I totally agree. As we all may have noticed, there are few people taking part in discussions lately, and imo the reason is obvious, and already pointed out by Graciosa tonight :blush-anim-cl: Some months ago, I was even asked for a proof, to justify my opinion and support for MIKA, and then it gets a bit heavy! :blink: I thought this was a fan forum, not a court ...:doh:

Love,love

me

I would like to know why people are jumping on Elwendin for pointing out a perfectly valid point. Being an Italian speaker, and one of the ones I rely on for accurate translations.

I thought this was a fan forum, not a court ...:doh:

Love,love

me

MFC is the only forum I have been on in my life where people have the attitude that discussions, sharing differing opinions and debating is inappropriate, negative, or in violation of its purpose. And even on MFC this is a recently adopted attitude because it was the lifeblood of MFC at one time. It is the entire purpose of message forums to exchange ideas and it is ridiculous to expect that everyone is going to have the same ideas. Forums were not created to just chat in real time or post photos. There are other environments for that.

I would like to know why people are jumping on Elwendin for pointing out a perfectly valid point. Being an Italian speaker, and one of the ones I rely on for accurate translations.

:blink: I'm not jumping on Elwendin! What I just wrote, has absolutely nothing to do with her, or this discussion - it happened months ago, and I don't intend to go back on this at all...

Love,love

me

please ,can anyone translate what Vicky says about Mika?

Thank you !:wub2:

I'm not Italian,but what I got is smth like: Mika is the man she wants,and this is a love declaration to him,because he's a wonderful person,and it was a pleasure for her to discover it.She got to know him better behind the cameras and away from the spotlights,in his everyday life,and discovered a simple person and a good friend.

I hope it's pretty close of what she's saying,if not maybe someone else could help. :blush-anim-cl:

Here the transcript and the translation:

From 1: 25

Il clima fra i giudici, a giudicare dall’atmosfera durante la presentazione della nuova edizione che andrà in onda su Sky Uno, sembra essere quello di una scolaresca in gita.L’armonia pare regnare sovrana e la neo arrivata Vicky ha già inquadrato i giurati, che con le sue ragazze dovrà sfidare:

Vicky: Morgan è imprevedibile

Intervistatrice: Fedez?

V: è molto sicuro

I: Mika?

V: Mika è… l’uomo che vorrei avere

I: addirittura, dichiarazione d’amore!

V: È una dichiarazione d’amore perché è veramente una persona meravigliosa.Io ho avuto modo di, di conoscerlo meglio….Morgan lo conoscevo già, quindi non lo dico di Morgan anche perché ormai siamo amici di vecchia data e ci vogliamo molto bene, però Mika è stato proprio una bella scoperta.Ma lo sapevo, perché me ne avevano parlato tutti benissimo, quindi avere la possibilità di, appunto, conoscerlo meglio, spente le telecamere, spente le luci e viverlo nella sua vita quotidiana, nella sua semplicità e tutto quanto mi ha… insomma è un amico che, secondo me, indipendentemente dallo show, mi porterò dietro.

The climate (spirit/mood) between the judges, judging from the atmosphere during the presentation of the new edition, which will be broadcasted on Sky Uno, seems to be that of a schoolchildren on field trip.Harmony seems to reign supreme and the newly arrived Vicky has already assessed (/evaluated) the jurors(/judges), who with her girls she will challenge.

Vicky: Morgan is unpredictable

Interviewer: Fedez?

V: he is very self assured

I: Mika?

V: Mika is .. the man that I wish to have

I: Really! declaration of love!

V: It’s a declaration of love because he is truly a wonderful person. I've got to, to know him better. ... Morgan, I knew him already, so I don’t say it of Morgan, also because by now we are old friends and we care very much for each other, but Mika was a really nice discovery/ lovely find. But I knew it, because they all had talked to me about him very well, so having the opportunity to, in fact/ precisely, know him better, turned off the cameras, turned off the lights and live him (spend time with him) in his daily life, in his simplicity, and everything to me ... well he’s a friend that, in my opinion, regardless of the show, I will take away/keep with me.

:blink: I'm not jumping on Elwendin! What I just wrote, has absolutely nothing to do with her, or this discussion - it happened months ago, and I don't intend to go back on this at all...

Love,love

me

I was responding to your post to Poisonyoulove,and meaning what Elwendin translated from the last show, so I'm not sure what it is you're referring to.