Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

I understand and accept each point of view and in all will be something true. i also long for a gig and patience is not my strengh:naughty: But I arranged with the facts. Yes, things devloped other as thougt or expected. True, Uk media let Mika fall.same in Germany, Thr label does nothing but expect good selling. However I believe in Mika as artist with or without talent shows

The live streaming is available only on the pay tv site, I'm afraid :( The day after, however, there are usually plenty of streaming and download links!

Agreed :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the info. I can live with that. As long as I can see it at some point.

My point is, he won't be doing any touring while he is doing the show.

This week Kylie Minogue quit The Voice in the UK because it would conflict with her touring schedule.

Gary Barlow quit The X Factor in the UK because it would interfere with his touring and writing, recording and setting up the next Take That tour.The schedules for this shows are so all over the place, no artist does tours when they are on them.

The sooner everyone understands this, then they will actually realise that those of us who aren't happy with Mika doing these shows aren't being negative, we are being realistic. He can't do both, and while he chooses to do the tv shows there won't be any gigs.

He said no Summer festivals this year, which were gigs in the run up to the pre recorded shows last year. After that there were no gigs at all, and this year he will be using every spare minute to get the album finished up to the run up to the shows, so no gigs again.

He said maybe gigs in the winter, well that most likely means after he has finished X Factor, which will mean late December, but I'm thinking more along the lines of January 2015 now, we already know he is doing the shows in Canada in February.

So you should understand that those of us who don't like these shows, but do love Mika and his music, are incredibly frustrated by this. The constant putting gigs on the back burner makes us sad.

We just want to see him back on stage again. I would be happy if he did gigs in Italy and France, at least it means we get to see him perform again.

Also, he is first and foremost a music artist, and like most music artists writing and touring is the creative life blood. It has been for centuries, long before these tv shows came along. So doing the tv isn't essential to his creativity as such, all he has to do is go travelling for a month and he will have creative influences jumping out at him all over the place.

There has been talk about anger on here.

I'm not angry about this, I am frustrated, disappointed and a little worried that he is going to find it hard to get back on track with markets outside of Italy and France.

He has fans all over the world who want to see him perform live.

Some countries he is very popular in like Mexico, New Zealand, and South Africa have NEVER had a gig.

I feel sad for them, and other countries who haven't seen him for years (Australia, Brazil). He is so good live, like Marilyn said he should be filling stadiums at this stage of his career.

Maybe he is happy not playing to massive venues, which is fair enough, but it does feel like such a waste that someone so amazing at performing like he is, is stifling that part of himself to do tv.

This is how I feel anyway.

Rose, I totally understand you point and these are the sites I don't like about him doing these shows.

On the other hand there are other sites why I'm okay with him doing it. Marta has written them very nicely in the Italian thread. I hope it's okay if I quote something Italian in the international section now.

Il perchè non lo so, forse ha bisogno di fare altre cose, cerca nuova ispirazione artistica, cerca nuovo pubblico, vuole prendersela piu' con calma e godersi la vita, vuole fare le cose in modo diverso o forse non vuole finire schiacciato dalla macchina del disco-promozione-tour-disco-promozione-tour-disco-promozione-tour.

I motivi veri noi non li sappiamo, ma devono essere profondi o comunque personali...e secondo me vanno rispettati. :wink2:

In ogni caso XF centra davvero relativamente, secondo me. Lo vuole fare, gli piace, lo pagano tanto, si diverte, si sente intellettualmente ed artisticamente stimolato, ama la nostra lingua, l'arte e la cultura, sta bene qui, mangia bene, incontra gente tipo Dario Fo...insomma, sta come un pascià. Bisogna farsene una ragione. :naughty:

And in the end it was his free decision to do these shows, nobody forced him to do so. When he put everything together he decided he wants to do it. And respecting his decision for me is above everything, what he wants to do is more important for me than what I want him to do. And he seems to like doing it, I don't get the impression he does something he don't want to do while watching him there.

Mika goes his path in life and I go my path in life. And if our paths have a lot of points of contact, than it's great. And his music, his concerts and how he is as a person have points of contact so strong, nobody else does even come near to it (aside from a band some years ago). And yes, even doing these shows has some points of contact for me, I like his reactions and opinions he gives there and how he works with the contestants, and I'm glad to see he remains Mika there (before everything started I was very worried about that). (And on a personal level which concerns only me are also some positive points of XF which have nothing to do with Mika himself, like discovering the Italian language and one of the contestants, Michele). Although the strongest points of contact are of course his songs and him singing life. But as long as I see I will get that as well, even if I have to wait for it, and I see him working on his album for example and I know it will be there one day, I don't think our paths will divide too much. Putting everything together, the positive sites I get from him are still much much much more than the sites I don't like and even the judge work is a grey thing for me, not a black one. There are much worse things he could have decided to do. And even if our paths would separate one day I would be okay with it, I would never want him to go a path which I would like more if it's not the path he decided to be the one he wants to go.

Furthermore, even if he wouldn't have done these shows it's not said we really would have gotten an earlier album or a tour around the world. Or him getting more popular again. If you compare to the full glass you also have to compare with the empty glass. We know that he had problems before he made his decision in Nepal. Who knows where he would have been without these shows... And I thinks it's better seeing him being able to do what he wants to do because of France and Italy than not having anything at all. Yes, maybe he should have started from the scratch again. Maybe that would have worked out. But we don't know it. Could have, could have not. And he did choose to take this way.

I really hope my thoughts came across the right way. As these points have been misunderstood sometimes in earlier discussions I clearly write it out here: I don't want to imply that anybody who is personally disappointed doesn't respect his decision or don't want to see him happy or that anybody should stop being fan because he doesn't like his decision. And this is of course only how I feel about it, doesn't mean I think others should feel like it.

Thanks for the info. I can live with that. As long as I can see it at some point.

It was much more complicated than with TV because of Sky being a pay TV channel. At the beginning the show was broadcast on Cielo (a free channel) as well, and we had free clips on the sky site we could watch while posting them here because the country restrictions didn't work that way. But when the live shows began it was only broadcast on the Sky channel and the clips on the website where protected for Sky users. We found a site that uploaded the show, mostly 2 days later, but it wasn't as easy as with TV.

Does somebody know when we'll get to know the other judges?

Edited by DerMoment1608

Hello , excuse my English , I agree with you on Mika , he has power that is not even imagine , I think it's one of his best qualities , he is simple , genuine (even extravagant ) .

He shows on stage Mika , Mika only , not a prepacked ( I hope you write well - . -) of

As for the concerts , I understand your point of view , I'm serious .. Mika in Italy has two made her concert in 2012 , but I think as soon as they get the time back on stage stronger than before , also grew up.

I think when the time comes will give us wow concerts all over the world.

For newspaper articles , well, it is not only a problem for you, but almost all countries ... forexample in our newspapers wrote that there has Mika is first on the charts in Spain, or articles that tell something new about him are the usual things .... : Mika , Anglo- Lebanese singer , etc. .. stop!

It ' frustrating.

And I can also understand that many fans say : Mika only focuses on France and Italy .

Frankly, we also say : I wish Mika would remain in Italy, because back in LA, or London when has the house here ? ( And what a house ! )

It 's normal that way.

But I think he's working with a plane larger, plane which includes Japanese, French , English, Spanish , Italian , etc ...

I think in this periado is focusing on Italy because Italians usually have just started ( thanks to XFactor ) to really know him .

Mika is a world artist, and I do not think that there is no distinction for him, he loves all his fans alike !

When I say, the whole package, that means that he can do many things. Not only sing and write songs, but speak with wisdom and insight. He has amazing charisma and it comes across really well, so what I mean there is, he can adapt.

Furthermore, even if he wouldn't have done these shows it's not said we really would have gotten an earlier album or a tour around the world. Or him getting more popular again. If you compare to the full glass you also have to compare with the empty glass. We know that he had problems before he made his decision in Nepal. Who knows where he would have been without these shows... And I thinks it's better seeing him being able to do what he wants to do because of France and Italy than not having anything at all. Yes, maybe he should have started from the scratch again. Maybe that would have worked out. But we don't know it. Could have, could have not. And he did choose to take this way.

Agree with everything you said,especially this part :thumb_yello:

When I say, the whole package, that means that he can do many things. Not only sing and write songs, but speak with wisdom and insight. He has amazing charisma and it comes across really well, so what I mean there is, he can adapt.

true, it is good at adapting ...!

Furthermore, even if he wouldn't have done these shows it's not said we really would have gotten an earlier album or a tour around the world. Or him getting more popular again. If you compare to the full glass you also have to compare with the empty glass. We know that he had problems before he made his decision in Nepal. Who knows where he would have been without these shows... And I thinks it's better seeing him being able to do what he wants to do because of France and Italy than not having anything at all.

For me it has always been an issue of integrity and not of results. I would have more respect for someone playing in a bar in Birmingham to 16 people as Mika once did than I would for one doing whatever it takes to maintain an obscenely high standard of living.

But I am past caring at this point. The damage is done and it's beyond repair in my estimation. He had a difficult enough time trying to come back with TBWKTM after the long post-LICM hiatus. And he still had full record company backing in those days and a huge chunk of his hardcore record-buying fanbase on board. Coming back now outside these markets where he is getting TV exposure would take a miracle from God.

I sincerely hope he maintains and builds on his success in France and Italy because I think it's unrealistic to expect much outside of that.

Does somebody know when we'll get to know the other judges?

I think we should know it quite soon .... :crossed:

For now, we know for certain that: :trumpet:

-Mika is in :teehee:

-Elio is out, he said it yesterday :no:

-Marco Mengoni is out. :no: He said it a few days ago. He was the guy who helped Mika during the bootcamp in XF7. He won XF3 and had a great success. He's a very good singer and won Sanremo festival two years ago. Newspapers and blogs made ​​his name many times as a possible new judge, but he said ​​clearly that he will not.

That's all. For now. :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

Rose, I totally understand you point and these are the sites I don't like about him doing these shows.

On the other hand there are other sites why I'm okay with him doing it. Marta has written them very nicely in the Italian thread. I hope it's okay if I quote something Italian in the international section now.

And in the end it was his free decision to do these shows, nobody forced him to do so. When he put everything together he decided he wants to do it. And respecting his decision for me is above everything, what he wants to do is more important for me than what I want him to do. And he seems to like doing it, I don't get the impression he does something he don't want to do while watching him there.

Mika goes his path in life and I go my path in life. And if our paths have a lot of points of contact, than it's great. And his music, his concerts and how he is as a person have points of contact so strong, nobody else does even come near to it (aside from a band some years ago). And yes, even doing these shows has some points of contact for me, I like his reactions and opinions he gives there and how he works with the contestants, and I'm glad to see he remains Mika there (before everything started I was very worried about that). (And on a personal level which concerns only me are also some positive points of XF which have nothing to do with Mika himself, like discovering the Italian language and one of the contestants, Michele). Although the strongest points of contact are of course his songs and him singing life. But as long as I see I will get that as well, even if I have to wait for it, and I see him working on his album for example and I know it will be there one day, I don't think our paths will divide too much. Putting everything together, the positive sites I get from him are still much much much more than the sites I don't like and even the judge work is a grey thing for me, not a black one. There are much worse things he could have decided to do. And even if our paths would separate one day I would be okay with it, I would never want him to go a path which I would like more if it's not the path he decided to be the one he wants to go.

I really hope my thoughts came across the right way. As these points have been misunderstood sometimes in earlier discussions I clearly write it out here: I don't want to imply that anybody who is personally disappointed doesn't respect his decision or don't want to see him happy or that anybody should stop being fan because he doesn't like his decision. And this is of course only how I feel about it, doesn't mean I think others should feel like it.

I'm totaly with you! :thumb_yello:

I'm selfish enough to say I also would prefer gigs or Festivals but I'm far away to no respekt his decisions what he is doing for his carreer. Everybody can have his opinion about it, but it's his carreer and his decisions.

For me it has always been an issue of integrity and not of results. I would have more respect for someone playing in a bar in Birmingham to 16 people as Mika once did than I would for one doing whatever it takes to maintain an obscenely high standard of living.

I think here is where our perceptions differ. I don't think he is doing his judge work only/mainly because he wants to maintain his living standard. I don't have the feeling he is doing something he doesn't want to do just to get money. There are so many reasons imho, like the ones Marta mentioned, with earning a nice pile of cash while doing it one of them (and of course no unwelcome one :mf_rosetinted:). But who knows, we aren't in his head.

I think we should know it quite soon .... :crossed:

For now, we know for certain that: :trumpet:

-Mika is in :teehee:

-Elio is out, he said it yesterday :no:

-Marco Mengoni is out. :no: He said it a few days ago. He was the guy who helped Mika during the bootcamp in XF7. He won XF3 and had a great success. He's a very good singer and won Sanremo festival two years ago. Newspapers and blogs made his name many times as a possible new judge, but he said clearly that he will not.

Thanks Marta :thumb_yello: Shame Elio is out. And I have read that Morgan said he doesn't want to do it again. I hope he changes his mind last minute like last year. I liked him as judge/coach last season and I think Michele would not have won without him. Probably the two judges I rather wanted to see again will be out and the one judge I could live without will be there again :mf_rosetinted:

For Marco: I fairly like him as a singer, but I didn't thought he would be a good judge, he didn't seem to be able to express his thoughts well.

My thoughts exactly :thumb_yello:

I think here is where our perceptions differ. I don't think he is doing his judge work only/mainly because he wants to maintain his living standard. I don't have the feeling he is doing something he doesn't want to do just to get money. There are so many reasons imho, like the ones Marta mentioned, with earning a nice pile of cash while doing it one of them (and of course no unwelcome one :mf_rosetinted:). But who knows, we aren't in his head.

And totally agree again! I really can't see him doing things only for money either, he doesn't seem that kind of person.

For Marco: I fairly like him as a singer, but I didn't thought he would be a good judge, he didn't seem to be able to express his thoughts well.

I was actually glad to hear this, he didn't look a suitable type for a judge.

Btw, do we already know that working with Dario Fo is not one of the reasons why he he wants to spend time in Italy? He did mention they are doing something together and I didn't imagine it? It would be an honor for him :wub2:

I think here is where our perceptions differ. I don't think he is doing his judge work only/mainly because he wants to maintain his living standard.

I didn't say he is doing something he doesn't want to do. In fact one of the reasons I have just given up on the idea of him coming back down go earth and being a touring musician is because he loves it. It's a lot more fun than sitting in a tour bus and I don't see him ever giving it up.

I don't have the feeling he is doing something he doesn't want to do just to get money. There are so many reasons imho, like the ones Marta mentioned, with earning a nice pile of cash while doing it one of them (and of course no unwelcome one :mf_rosetinted:). But who knows, we aren't in his head.

I don't need to be in his head. He is endlessly indulging in the money and celebrity. Anyone with eyes and ears can see it. If he honestly believes it's not driving him he's in denial. You don't need a TV show to make an album. But you do need it if you want to make it in Orlando Bloom's house and brag about it.

My thoughts exactly :thumb_yello:

And totally agree again! I really can't see him doing things only for money either, he doesn't seem that kind of person.

I was actually glad to hear this, he didn't look a suitable type for a judge.

Btw, do we already know that working with Dario Fo is not one of the reasons why he he wants to spend time in Italy? He did mention they are doing something together and I didn't imagine it? It would be an honor for him :wub2:

maybe Dario Fo will be judge in X- factor :naughty:

maybe Dario Fo will be judge in X- factor :naughty:

:naughty: Btw, I just read he is 88 :shocked: I had no idea even I saw him in that talk show with Mika (I mean saw a video, wasn't there). It's really impossible to tell people's age. But he is still working in his age? I guess artists never totally retire.

oh please. Dario Fo is a drama author, a writer, a Nobel prize. Even if he might have gone mad in his head, I really don't see him in a place like x-factor.

Robi, I think Bine wasn't serious with that :wink2: And my question was if Mika really said something about working with him or if I imagined it...

:naughty: Btw, I just read he is 88 :shocked: I had no idea even I saw him in that talk show with Mika (I mean saw a video, wasn't there). It's really impossible to tell people's age. But he is still working in his age? I guess artists never totally retire.

He's still working, he's currently promoting his wife's book "In fuga dal Senato" ("Fleeing the Senate", Senate being a part of Italian Parliament): he's not acting, he stages his wife's (Franca Rame, who died almost one year ago) political experiences within Italian parliament.

I saw him live on January the 12th in my hometown

He and his wife were a very passionate and solid couple :blush-anim-cl:, and they also used to work together very often : I think he's offering her a public (and well deserved, imo) goodbye, not only trying to sell her book

And my question was if Mika really said something about working with him or if I imagined it...

It was in the Metronews interview:

C’est-à-dire ?

C'est une sorte d'anarchie joyeuse. J'aime l'idée d'être un enfant terrible. En fait j'adore l'absurde, j'en vois partout, dans la vie de tous les jours. A ce titre je suis obsédé par l'écrivain Dario Fo. Pour moi, c'est un héros. Je le vois la semaine prochaine pour travailler sur quelque chose. Je ne peux rien dire pour l'instant... Cet homme, c'est "l'archétype" de l'enfant terrible. Engagé, mais super drôle en même temps.

It was in the Metronews interview:

C’est-à-dire ?

C'est une sorte d'anarchie joyeuse. J'aime l'idée d'être un enfant terrible. En fait j'adore l'absurde, j'en vois partout, dans la vie de tous les jours. A ce titre je suis obsédé par l'écrivain Dario Fo. Pour moi, c'est un héros. Je le vois la semaine prochaine pour travailler sur quelque chose. Je ne peux rien dire pour l'instant... Cet homme, c'est "l'archétype" de l'enfant terrible. Engagé, mais super drôle en même temps.

Thank you, it's nice to read it again :thumb_yello: but no news have surfaced so far, so we still don't know what the two 'enfants terribles' are planning.

Robi, I think Bine wasn't serious with that :wink2: And my question was if Mika really said something about working with him or if I imagined it...

I heard it too, Tiibet. But I just did remember where or when.

Dario Fo would certainly be a hoot on XF! That was hilarious, Sabine! I just got a few plays by him from the library and I'm looking forward to reading them.

Edited by ceebs