Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

We have so different opinions and feelings about Mika's career choices...but at the end of the year, with the new album, we will finally know. :shocked:

New music, new sound, new gigs. :thumb_yello:

And for us, the possibility to understand how Mika wants (and can) relate himself with music world after this period of different experiences...and the possibility to understand how we want relate ourselves with him.

I understand the disappointment of those who expected so much more from Mika...but now...for me it is worth waiting a few more months. If the new album will be good and the tour that will follow will be special, many things will come back into place. Otherwise...well, that will be the right time for someone to wish "good luck". :wink2:

I totally agree! :blush-anim-cl:

:sad:

Yes, THAT is breaking my heart and one of the main reasons I can't bear to walk away from MFC. I don't want to lose touch with the PEOPLE here, not just Mika. :tears: It's a very hard thing. Also, as Karin said elsewhere about how difficult it was for her to keep the German MFC going... I don't want that to happen here. We have always been such a vital part of Mika's support system, I really hope we stay that way. I think that's one of the reasons it's important that we keep "talking too much" here. Even if we have differences, it's how this community operates, it's how we bond and stick together.

LOL - mfc in a nutshell.

If differences bond, BOY are we bonded :roll1:

Just cuz I'm reading this thread everyday I need to say how I feel even if I'm not really sure myself.

Yes I'm disappointed he's doing the Voice again. Not because of the show itself, but because it's why he's not touring worldwide and that he's not working on his own music. The Voice is nice but I stopped watching it last year before the end and I'm not sure I'll watch it again next year. Maybe a few episodes, but I'll be in the worst days at school, making my final interships so I may be busy...

But I'm not going away because of the waiting. I have a countdown in my cellphone who's telling me I still have a gig in 132 days. I'll probably add a countdown for the next album (if we finally get the release day..). I still have things to wait for. And I'm young, busy and I don't care to wait.

I'll be happy to see many MFCers next year, the ones who'll be able to make their way to our lil frenchy side of the world.. :thumb_yello:

I think that this kind of feelings are really incompatible with the nature of Mika.

If what you say is true, and for UK market or for UK fans is hard to accept that Mika can do things in other countries, in other languages​​, in other styles ...well, the break with England, professionally speaking, can be incurable.

Because multiculturalism (of music, languages, people, experience, countries....) flows in his veins. That is his nature, I see.

Sometimes I imagine an album with many styles and many languages​​, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic ... a huge hot mess ... :teehee:

I know for some UK fans this is the case, but for me personally it isn't!

For the hundredth time my problem is the talent shows themselves, I would be happy if he was working on his own songs in any country, or with talented artists too. I thought the Dario Fo programme was a great thing for him to do, as it was subject he was clearly interested in, I would love it if he did a documentary about art over here, THAT I would watch.

We have a series here called Perspectives, which musicians, actors, artists and writers get to present a documentary of something in the arts that is personal to them. Mika would be a great candidate to do an episode, I would love to see what he would pick as a subject.

I think this I a good thread in which to announce that I'm not continuing to hang around waiting for Mika to do something in the UK.

It's the UK I'm more interested in, as I used to love him being on TV here and listening to his songs on the radio

I've been patient while he did his things in Italy and France, but the announcement that he was doing The Voice France again, was just one step too far.

I can't see him having time to come back to promote his album here. I can't even see him having time to do a tour of any kind.

It seems that Mika has chosen to just concentrate on parts of Europe, not the rest of the world, and not the UK, so I'm moving on.

Thank you all for your kindness and friendship over the years. I hope you all have great lives.

I'll always love Mika and remember the good times with Mika, and here on the fan site.

God bless you all.

We'll miss you Marilyn :tears: I hope you're back with the new album :hug:

• 4 years later...