Mika's career choices discussion

crazyaboutmika

I looked through this thread and that is what came to my mind. I see nothing new to me here. We can repeat the same words again and again. We can discuss talent shows again and again. We can make jokes or fight (using words of course) for ages. We will never find the way out. No one will change one's mind. Well at least not in the argue with other fans. I know one thing. It will stop as soon as Mika's album is released and tour begins. I hope this day will come SOON! And I'm sure we all agree in at least one thing - we WANT a gig :aah: NOW :naughty:

Thing is, every single thread on MFC is repetitive in these times. Every post about how handsome, brave, intelligent and awesome Mika is has been posted before. And despite the fact that I fully support my own opinions, I also like to stir things up once in a while. Otherwise it will just get boring over here. I enjoy looking critical at things, especially if I like those things.

But I do hope your right. The drought has been going on for too long.

Thing is, every single thread on MFC is repetitive in these times. Every post about how handsome, brave, intelligent and awesome Mika is has been posted before. And despite the fact that I fully support my own opinions, I also like to stir things up once in a while. Otherwise it will just get boring over here. I enjoy looking critical at things, especially if I like those things.

But I do hope your right. The drought has been going on for too long.

We all need something new and big about his music :thumb_yello: And I hope I'm right, yup :)

I think the fans who "suffer" most from these tv shows are in fact Europeans. They are used to have a fun filled summer full of Mika gigs.

This year, with any luck, they get to look at him :pinkbow:

6a7e0ed35e113fa3cc721fb645487b626ccd9559bebcf04e08d766fd0661fd98.jpg

benandjerry.gif

barf.o.meter_.dec_.12.jpg

THIS WHOLE THREAD DESERVES A RATING OF 10 OUT OF 10

barf-scale.gif

I'm sorry, but this is incredibly childish behaviour. If you do not want to read this thread then you might as well not read it, but posting things like this is just sad. Everybody is allowed to have an opinion and we now have a place to do so. So please, either respect that, or go to other threads which are more to your liking.

Oh-I-offended-you-with-my-opinion-You-should-hear-the-ones-I-keep-to-myself.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is incredibly childish behaviour. If you do not want to read this thread then you might as well not read it, but posting things like this is just sad. Everybody is allowed to have an opinion and we now have a place to do so. So please, either respect that, or go to other threads which are more to your liking.

Oh-I-offended-you-with-my-opinion-You-should-hear-the-ones-I-keep-to-myself.jpg

Yours is not an opinion. You are merely trying to provoke. I expect a woman your age to know better. But if you do not actually have an opinion to share, whether it be pro or con the topic, I suggest you don't try to spoil the mood even more.:thumb_yello:

If you do not want to read this thread then you might as well not read it [...] Everybody is allowed to have an opinion and we now have a place to do so. So please, either respect that, or go to other threads which are more to your liking.

:thumb_yello:

I looked through this thread and that is what came to my mind. I see nothing new to me here. We can repeat the same words again and again. We can discuss talent shows again and again. We can make jokes or fight (using words of course) for ages. We will never find the way out. No one will change one's mind. Well at least not in the argue with other fans. I know one thing. It will stop as soon as Mika's album is released and tour begins. I hope this day will come SOON! And I'm sure we all agree in at least one thing - we WANT a gig :aah: NOW :naughty:

Ahh, that is too true! We do want a gig -- or gigs, plural, even! :thumb_yello:

And I also agree with you that it's clear we're not going to change each others' minds about this, so maybe we need to take the heat down a notch. I don't want to see long-time members having a go at each other over something that really, in the long run, we have no influence over. Mika chooses to do whatever he wants -- and we either have to learn to live with those choices... or not. :dunno: So if you're not interested in discussing the topic of this thread, really, just avoid it and save yourself and everyone else the heartburn.

Ahh, that is too true! We do want a gig -- or gigs, plural, even! :thumb_yello:

And I also agree with you that it's clear we're not going to change each others' minds about this, so maybe we need to take the heat down a notch. I don't want to see long-time members having a go at each other over something that really, in the long run, we have no influence over. Mika chooses to do whatever he wants -- and we either have to learn to live with those choices... or not. :dunno: So if you're not interested in discussing the topic of this thread, really, just avoid it and save yourself and everyone else the heartburn.

I thought we were doing pretty well so far :naughty:

• 4 weeks later...

Thought this might belong here..

On a recent discussion on gawker (a website/blog) about nicole kidman's new grace kelly movie, someone commented that they 'would rather listen to the Mika song (Grace Kelly) on repeat for 2 hours' than go see the movie...then this was the follow up convo to that comment:

gawk_zpsc26332e9.jpg

The person then replied that this was such a sad turn of affairs as mika is so 'gorgeous and talented' :aah:

I did my part and informed abt TOOL and upcoming album, but :aah:

There are people who think that participating in a talent show, both as a judge and as a competitor, it's a shame. And they continue to criticize everyone who make these shows, and especially those who have success thanks to these shows. :aah:

I think Mika knew it perfectly when he made his choiches.

According to me it is not fair. For me, these shows are just a way to remain popular... and to remain popular for a "pop heroe" :blush-anim-cl: is crucial. There are people who can do that only with their music, and there are those who can not. Mika can not, even if he is a great artist. This is the truth. He is not the first nor the last artist to be in this situation.

There are those who are content to a less numerous audience and to earn less...there are those who are not satisfied and choose to try and make many different things. All choices are honest and sincere, for me, if they allow you to earn a living and to continue to make music.

If the new disk of Mika will be great, if I'll have the opportunity to see him on a stage ... I'll have to thank also the popular television.

If the new disk of Mika will be bad, it will not be the fault of the television, but of Mika himself. I see no shame in this, Mika simply lives his time as he can. The point, for me, is always how he does what he does.

And for now, in everything he does, he puts his heart and his head, and for me it's sufficient. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Marta.

Thought this might belong here..

On a recent discussion on gawker (a website/blog) about nicole kidman's new grace kelly movie, someone commented that they 'would rather listen to the Mika song (Grace Kelly) on repeat for 2 hours' than go see the movie...then this was the follow up convo to that comment:

gawk_zpsc26332e9.jpg

The person then replied that this was such a sad turn of affairs as mika is so 'gorgeous and talented' :aah:

I did my part and informed abt TOOL and upcoming album, but :aah:

It's good that you replied and mentioned TOOL. Most people, especially in the UK, never knew it existed.

It's good that the movie has got people talking about Mika again. Our mission is therefore, to reply to comments like this, to let people know about the Origin album, and the upcoming new single etc.

Finding out about GK in the Kidman movie was a lovely surprise for me. A UK person, no less, tweeted that it's doing wonders for Mika! This has come along at just the right time. It gives me hope that Mika has everything under control.

I'm also glad people are learning about him being in The Voice France. It's an achievement, because he won with Kendji. At least a UK person won something last week. The UK girl in Eurovision didn't win, but Mika Did. Congratulations Maestro!

It's an achievement, because he won with Kendji.

I'm not sure about this.

How much Mika influenced audience's choice? How much did he make Kenji change/learn?

I always think that it takes many many many hours to improve in something, I never believe that coaches seriously teach something good to contestants. How could they? They can be amazing singers, but this is not a talent you can pass by touching someone on their shoulder.

So, to me, Kenji won the show.

In italy when a football team wins, supporters use to say "We won". No, they did. You just watched them sitting in your couch or on a gallery. Coaches may help them a bit chatting some hours now and again (I once wrote myself I was amazed by Mika during one of these chats), but I don't think they are that important.

I don't like to think that Mika a kind of won a show as a shade of a contestant. I hope he still can win his challenges on his own ...

I get your point of view, but I don't feel comfortable thinking that Mika won The Voice through Kenji.

Kenji won and Mika happend to be his coach.

I'm not sure about this.

How much Mika influenced audience's choice? How much did he make Kenji change/learn?

I always think that it takes many many many hours to improve in something, I never believe that coaches seriously teach something good to contestants. How could they? They can be amazing singers, but this is not a talent you can pass by touching someone on their shoulder.

So, to me, Kenji won the show.

In italy when a football team wins, supporters use to say "We won". No, they did. You just watched them sitting in your couch or on a gallery. Coaches may help them a bit chatting some hours now and again (I once wrote myself I was amazed by Mika during one of these chats), but I don't think they are that important.

I don't like to think that Mika a kind of won a show as a shade of a contestant. I hope he still can win his challenges on his own ...

I get your point of view, but I don't feel comfortable thinking that Mika won The Voice through Kenji.

Kenji won and Mika happend to be his coach.

Mika might not influence the audience but Kendji was there because Mika liked him in the first place...

And to paraphrase your sports analogy, I hate it too when supporters say "we won" but Mika was not a supporter, he was the coach... The coach IS part of the team, he instructs his players. And who usually gets fired first when things go bad...

That being said, and while I really enjoy seeing Mika being part of this show, I can't see it as a huge accomplishment. Certainly not worldwide.

I'm much more delighted to see both of his OSM shows almost sold out.

Mika might not influence the audience but Kendji was there because Mika liked him in the first place...

And to paraphrase your sports analogy, I hate it too when supporters say "we won" but Mika was not a supporter, he was the coach... The coach IS part of the team, he instructs his players. And who usually gets fired first when things go bad...

That being said, and while I really enjoy seeing Mika being part of this show, I can't see it as a huge accomplishment. Certainly not worldwide.

I'm much more delighted to see both of his OSM shows almost sold out

That's good news :biggrin2:

Thanks for sharing Cath :huglove:

• Like 1

about the sports analogy, what you totally underestimate is the importance of motivation. this can be done by a coach, but sport teams also need the crowd's support to win, so i don't see a problem with sports fans (at least those who were there live) saying "we won". a football team can indeed be great if they have the crowd's support and bad if they don't. of course some also get motivated by people booing at them ("i'll show you!"), but i think that's the exception. you can't get a work done if you're not motivated - and while of course the motivation, or at least part of it, can come from within yourself, i think no one manages a long road to success without support from others. :dunno:

anyway, that has nothing to do with mika and the voice. he might have had influence on the audience's choice, because he chose that singer, and probably mika fans would automatically vote for mika's candidate. but i didn't watch the show, so i have no idea really. :teehee: in any case, i agree that these shows bring him fame in the countries where they are held (i.e. italy and france), and money, but that's the only positive thing i can see about it. i think a 2nd season of xfactor (and the voice, if he does it) is a waste of time and talent, so i'll just ignore it more or less and instead keep waiting for new music and gigs, which i'm sure will eventually come. at some point. :wait:

about the sports analogy, what you totally underestimate is the importance of motivation. this can be done by a coach, but sport teams also need the crowd's support to win, so i don't see a problem with sports fans (at least those who were there live) saying "we won". a football team can indeed be great if they have the crowd's support and bad if they don't. of course some also get motivated by people booing at them ("i'll show you!"), but i think that's the exception. you can't get a work done if you're not motivated - and while of course the motivation, or at least part of it, can come from within yourself, i think no one manages a long road to success without support from others. :dunno:

anyway, that has nothing to do with mika and the voice. he might have had influence on the audience's choice, because he chose that singer, and probably mika fans would automatically vote for mika's candidate. but i didn't watch the show, so i have no idea really. :teehee: in any case, i agree that these shows bring him fame in the countries where they are held (i.e. italy and france), and money, but that's the only positive thing i can see about it. i think a 2nd season of xfactor (and the voice, if he does it) is a waste of time and talent, so i'll just ignore it more or less and instead keep waiting for new music and gigs, which i'm sure will eventually come. at some point. :wait:

You're right about supporters giving motivation to players, i just don't like when anyone not playing says they won. The team/player won, you just cheers them

I think he did really well with Kendji, first recognizing his potential and then coaching him. Coaches have their role in the concept, imo, and I think Kendji was lucky to get advices from Mika. Not a personal competition or a huge accomplishment for him but he was a part to the team and I enjoyed watching them "both" winning. It was just one job though and he is moving on next one already. Busy man.

Edited by tiibet

Can I say "We won" if I'm a part owner of the team? :teehee: (our football team, the Green Bay Packers is a publicly owned team, and husband, both kids and I each have one share of stock in the team)

Anyway, about Mika's role in Kendji's victory on The Voice-I don't think that he was fully responsibe, but I do think he had a role in the victory. For one thing, like Catherine mentioned, he's there because Mika liked him enough to choose him. Then you've got the fans who are going to vote for Mika's candidate, no matter who they are. My spoken French is awful, but the judges choose the songs that the talents sing, right? I thought throughout the season that Mika had a real talent for picking songs that really suited his singers. I'm sure that helped Kendji's chances. And as far as whether the advice and teaching of the coaches actually helps the singers, I say yes. For someone like me, who can't sing to save her life, no amount of coaching would help me, but for someone like Kendji, who already is a good singer with experience, I'm sure a good coach like Mika could really help him out.

And how do I know that he's a good coach if I can't understand French? Good question, but I just do, ok?:naughty:

Can I say "We won" if I'm a part owner of the team? :teehee: (our football team, the Green Bay Packers is a publicly owned team, and husband, both kids and I each have one share of stock in the team)

Anyway, about Mika's role in Kendji's victory on The Voice-I don't think that he was fully responsibe, but I do think he had a role in the victory. For one thing, like Catherine mentioned, he's there because Mika liked him enough to choose him. Then you've got the fans who are going to vote for Mika's candidate, no matter who they are. My spoken French is awful, but the judges choose the songs that the talents sing, right? I thought throughout the season that Mika had a real talent for picking songs that really suited his singers. I'm sure that helped Kendji's chances. And as far as whether the advice and teaching of the coaches actually helps the singers, I say yes. For someone like me, who can't sing to save her life, no amount of coaching would help me, but for someone like Kendji, who already is a good singer with experience, I'm sure a good coach like Mika could really help him out.

And how do I know that he's a good coach if I can't understand French? Good question, but I just do, ok?:naughty:

Yes, Mika has done a lot of work to invest his efforts into someone else`s talent. :naughty: For me, that`s where a problem lies. I`m sorry to repeat it again and again for 44773893th time(((

But as I see, this thread keeps our discussion within the bounds, at least. So maybe new mfcers will read it and will understand us, oldies, better.

There are people who think that participating in a talent show, both as a judge and as a competitor, it's a shame. And they continue to criticize everyone who make these shows, and especially those who have success thanks to these shows. :aah:

I think Mika knew it perfectly when he made his choiches.

According to me it is not fair. For me, these shows are just a way to remain popular... and to remain popular for a "pop heroe" :blush-anim-cl: is crucial. There are people who can do that only with their music, and there are those who can not. Mika can not, even if he is a great artist. This is the truth. He is not the first nor the last artist to be in this situation.

There are those who are content to a less numerous audience and to earn less...there are those who are not satisfied and choose to try and make many different things. All choices are honest and sincere, for me, if they allow you to earn a living and to continue to make music.

If the new disk of Mika will be great, if I'll have the opportunity to see him on a stage ... I'll have to thank also the popular television.

If the new disk of Mika will be bad, it will not be the fault of the television, but of Mika himself. I see no shame in this, Mika simply lives his time as he can. The point, for me, is always how he does what he does.

And for now, in everything he does, he puts his heart and his head, and for me it's sufficient. :thumb_yello:

People are entitled to their opinion.

If they don't like these shows, I don't see why they should pretend they do, just because an artist they admire decides to judge on it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread I why I love the mfc.

Personally I just want to him to make an album again and a tour. I can wait. As long as that happens, he can do burlesque on his free time or whatever :)

Burlesque? I'm in, who's going with me?

This thread I why I love the mfc.

Personally I just want to him to make an album again and a tour. I can wait. As long as that happens, he can do burlesque on his free time or whatever :)

oh?!? well.....hallooouuuu! :wink2: