2014 - MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary) 18 May -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Ok.So I liked the concert!Especially Underwater was amazing and I liked his words after Love Today,too: the honest admission he was out of breath because he had done too much television and not concerts with f..k at the end :naughty: and the sincere exclamation of how much he missed doing concerts/gigs. :original:

There was only one thing that I don't really liked (but obviously he can do what he wants of his songs.It's just that I prefer some of the songs, one in particular, in the original version).Apart from that all very positive.

I soooo agreee on this!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want a report about safety in Naples. Have you been assaulted, robbed or worse?

I'd like Naples to have its dignity back, if possible :fisch:

I got the message. I promise, I'll mention something. :naughty:

If I'm not mistaken, there was an Italian version of Origin of love in the Italian version of the CD...

Yes it is in the deluxe edition

I also want a report about safety in Naples. Have you been assaulted, robbed or worse?

I'd like Naples to have its dignity back, if possible :fisch:

From a foreigner's point of view the center of the city looked as safe as any Italian city. I loved seeing a bit of Napoli, would love to go there again! During the concert the crowd in front rows were at first pushier than usually (which was really uncomfortable and made my muscles hurt and I thought I can't keep my place because I can't survive the whole day without toilets) but it calmed down and I never felt unsafe or worried for my camera/mobile etc. Talks about Napoli are highly exaggerated, imo. Can be different if you need to visit some shady parts of the city.

Finally at home :sweatdrop:

All that I can say by now is, never again a gig like that. It is logical for some people, italians, who was the first gig they attended find it, special, magical and cute but to be honest I've been at gigs better than the last one, by far. Im very disappointed what he did with Origin of Love, and Lollipop. I understand he sang Stardust and even Lollipop but I cant understand why a song so deeply and with such a special meaning for him had to translate some parts of it...I cant understand and I didnt like it, and I wasnt the only one with that opinion. I had the opportunity to speak with a huge italian fans and they think the same.

Edited by Mikasister

Underwater was special, yes, but as the Underwater he has done in other gigs, turn off the lights, asking people to close their eyes and sing...exactly the same as in other places:teehee:

Thanks for your reports, vids and pics and also for telling honest your mind:wink2: I joined the live stream, liked the gig very much, also I prefer origin of love in his real meaning, not as duet, but they did it well. The same was for me with Stardust, like the duet but my fave version of it is the one for coke:mf_rosetinted:. But it was a great hit in Italy. Loved the show and now I have to be very patient:naughty::naughty::naughty: to see him on stage again

Yes it is in the deluxe edition

Yes, I know and in fact I'm Italian but I preferred to buy the International Deluxe Edition with the original versions.

Im very disappointed what he did with Origin of Love, and Lollipop. I understand he sang Stardust and even Lollipop but I cant understand why a song so deeply and with such a special meaning for him had to translate some parts of it...I cant understand and I didnt like it, and I wasnt the only one with that opinion. I had the opportunity to speak with a huge italian fans and they think the same.

I'm italian and I think exactly the same about it! Especially Origin of Love sung in duet with a girl doesn't make sense.

From a foreigner's point of view the center of the city looked as safe as any Italian city. I loved seeing a bit of Napoli, would love to go there again! During the concert the crowd in front rows were at first pushier than usually (which was really uncomfortable and made my muscles hurt and I thought I can't keep my place because I can't survive the whole day without toilets) but it calmed down and I never felt unsafe or worried for my camera/mobile etc. Talks about Napoli are highly exaggerated, imo. Can be different if you need to visit some shady parts of the city.

I can't write a proper report at the moment (just back home and the next days will be very busy) but I'd like to answer to Roberta who asked about Naples safety so I totally quote your post, Nina. I was more or less behind you (identikit: short short hair and glasses, we met also this morning in the middle of your ice-cream break :mf_rosetinted:) and yes I have to say that people were pushing and other unpleasant things...but it has nothing to do with the safety of the city, so speaking just about this I had NO problem, of any sort. Sure we stayed in the very center of Naples, other areas may be dangerous (and they are) but I can't say it.

Soooo very nice weekend! And I'm very happy 'cause I had the pleasure to meet some MFCers :wub2:

Ok, finally back home in Rome.

This is my experience (I didn't read all the previous posts, so maybe I'm repeating something) : I arrived at 11 AM, many people were already there but many were queueing for free Nutella and games for kids, so I found a pretty good place, and I could seat on floor too. From 1 PM more and more people arrived, and many tried (and many succeded) to skip the "queue"... thanks god I succeded to go to the toilet at about 3 PM because it became impossible later. when the gig began with the first artists, people started pushing more and more... the worst moments were when the men who sell drinks and water walked through the crowd with their hand-cart....

and more and more pushing until Mika arrived.

I arrived at about 8th row in front of the stage so I had a pretty good spot, when Mika arrived, I was really tired but it was amazing! The sound was not perfect, but I really enjoyed the whole show and I'm so sad about thinking how long we will have to wait to see him live again.

About the pushing and screaming crowd... I had experienced a Green Day's parterre gig with about 20K fans, and the crowd was awful,really really really worse than yesterday's, I know that the music is really different than Mika's, and the audience too,so it's not the best comparison, but yesterday I knew I was going to a free gig, when Mika is a huge star because of Xfactor, so I was ready to a similar, or even worse situation.

Of course I got annoyed about peopled who didn't respect the lines, and pushed each other, but, I'm sorry to say that...in Italy it's common. There are everywhere people breaking simple rules of respecting each other and don't caring, and, the bigger is the crowd, the worst is.

I was pretty lucky to don't get hurt by the crowd, so I enjoyed a lot the gig, and I'm very happy to have been there, it was my 2nd Mika gig after the Rome 2012 one (when there were less than 2k people...) and I loved that even more than the first time ;)

Ok, finally back home in Rome.

This is my experience (I didn't read all the previous posts, so maybe I'm repeating something) : I arrived at 11 AM, many people were already there but many were queueing for free Nutella and games for kids, so I found a pretty good place, and I could seat on floor too. From 1 PM more and more people arrived, and many tried (and many succeded) to skip the "queue"... thanks god I succeded to go to the toilet at about 3 PM because it became impossible later. when the gig began with the first artists, people started pushing more and more... the worst moments were when the men who sell drinks and water walked through the crowd with their hand-cart....

and more and more pushing until Mika arrived.

I arrived at about 8th row in front of the stage so I had a pretty good spot, when Mika arrived, I was really tired but it was amazing! The sound was not perfect, but I really enjoyed the whole show and I'm so sad about thinking how long we will have to wait to see him live again.

About the pushing and screaming crowd... I had experienced a Green Day's parterre gig with about 20K fans, and the crowd was awful,really really really worse than yesterday's, I know that the music is really different than Mika's, and the audience too,so it's not the best comparison, but yesterday I knew I was going to a free gig, when Mika is a huge star because of Xfactor, so I was ready to a similar, or even worse situation.

Of course I got annoyed about peopled who didn't respect the lines, and pushed each other, but, I'm sorry to say that...in Italy it's common. There are everywhere people breaking simple rules of respecting each other and don't caring, and, the bigger is the crowd, the worst is.

I was pretty lucky to don't get hurt by the crowd, so I enjoyed a lot the gig, and I'm very happy to have been there, it was my 2nd Mika gig after the Rome 2012 one (when there were less than 2k people...) and I loved that even more than the first time ;)

The crowd was very awful for what I experienced. I never have lived something like what I did yesterday I almost couldnt breath, move, I was imprisoned literally among people which did push me in a rude way. I thought I couldnt resist but I had to do it. 5 hours of suffering. I know people from the first row were there from early in the morning and had to wait more hours than me but at least they had people just behind them but when you're surrounded by people everywhere, is overwhelming :emot-sad: Families, father, mother with thier kids, poor children, they looked tired, incredible.

On the other hand, I didnt like the singers, bands which performed before Mika, maybe because Im not italian and I didn't know any of them but their music sounded like a strong noise. Even the winner of San Remo, Arisa didnt like me. I was surprised to know how people adores her and how they knew all the lyrics, every line of her songs and in change, at least most of the people surrounding me didnt know the lyrics of Mika's songs, absolutely nothing :shocked: they only sang the chorus like..."we are not what you think we are, we are golden, Love today or Relax Take it easy .."

We, me and the girls who came with me, felt like strangers among those teens and not so teens because we didnt sing Arisa's songs but Mika's songs.

Of course, after all those points I didnt like them and some things that I saw I'm disagree, I enjoyed seeing Mika on stage, where he belongs but it's not the kind of gigs I would like attend in the future.

Ohh, I forgot...some parts was too much candy for me, my taste, they didnt fit with Mika and as I wrote it before, very disappointing for the Origin of love version :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Mikasister

Back home in France after a great time in Napoli with Philippe my husband!!!

It's a very nice région and we made tourism (visit of Pompei and the Vesuve!!!)

About the gig: as we arrived at plazza Plebiscito on afternoon, we were a little bit far from the stage but it was cool!

it was great to be there and to see Mika on stage again!!!!:thumb_yello:

here are some pics

during interview by a local radio, just before the gig (just in front of us)

271448naples1.jpg

513248naples2.jpg

560367naples3.jpg

129654naples4.jpg

359880naples5.jpg

962825naples6.jpg

525550naples7.jpg

We were very happy to meet other MFCers after the gig! :) some people took a pic with all the group! can't wait to see it here :)