X Factor 8 Italy Bootcamp 1- 2 July 2014 -- Milan Mediolanum Forum

mari62

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"After you do this, everything will be easier" she said in Naples.

And she was right. I'm really happy that I tried, and survived to, Naples gig. Now I know when to drink, I know what and when to eat, I know the difference between beig pushed, beeing squeezed and being close. I know how to hold on, I know how to dodge when needed (security men are pretty skilled when it comes to standing in the way), I know how to burst in the men toilette and make them give up on the loo, because OMG I'm gonna die if I don't get there right NOW.

So yeah. It was really easy to queue this time. The first day a woman, who was close to the gate, kept shouting "back off, don't push". We just were a bit squeezed, but it wasn't terrible, it was quite normal. She was a Fedez fan, I assume they live in a parallel universe were queueing is something between having a tea and taking a sunbath. People began to squeeze since some teens standed all together and approached because they were scared that someone could have sneaked in front of them, and that caused all the hysterical gathering. The second day I decided to organize the troops so that everyone could save a little room for themself. Of course it wasn't about being bossy or about playing smartass. It wasn't about being selfless either. It was about my best interest, as those people were behind me: if they lost room, they would have stepped over me.

They all seemed clever people (everyone is till the gate stays closed and many hours still have to pass before they will open), so I told them how we could have done in order to stay the more comfortable as possible. Some of them already did it (it's not like I'm the Albert Einstein of queueing) and some listened, so that we managed to sit, to chat, to go to the bar. An hour and a half before the gate opening I decided to go to the loo, since everyone was calm and quiet. When I came back, though, they all were standing but Friend (lol) and a few girls. WTF happened??? It happened that I didn't point out that if you want to stand up and stretch your legs, you have to do it one by one. If you did it in group, hysterical gathering would happen again and all people from the back would push towards the gate. I thought I should say it, but I didn't want to be obnoxious and I hoped it was quite clear. Well, next time be obnoxious and save your room. Luckly there was still room enough for my butt, so I came back to my spot and I played dead hyppo for another while. It worked, apparently people still respect human life and no one stepped over me for real, but when I sensed that it was about time for them to open the gate, I stood up and got prepared for the madness. Human life isn't that valuable when an open gate is involved, and I was aware of that.

I'm not really sure that I want to write what happened when the gate got open, as I'd rather forget it. Let's say that I'm totally proud of my new run-climb-jump-and-dodge skill and that I eventually learnt to say no and to stand for my reasons. I hope I will save this improvement for my future life.

Anyway. In Bologna we queued right close to the entryway, so that no one was running and all went smooth and peaceful. I suppose it depends a lot on how they organize the crowd.

But this time I wonder if they were testing us like we were in The Lord of the Flies. Take a look at a Inca pyramid, then at the Assago Forum, and you will immediately get the problem. There are about 80 meters, which were enough already, and then about 100 high steps to get in. Yes, I'm talking about the door at the very top, not the one in the middle. Now, imagine to have to get there as fast as you can, while security men try to stop you allowing to go all the people who are behind you, and then, when you finally manage to reach the top and get in, you find out that you have to go down the same kind of stairs in order to get your spot. Yeah. And they filmed the whole process, so they are studying us for good, like Guinea Pigs.

Who cares, I got my spot in front row, so that me and Sarah were able (Silver, Ingie, don't get mad, I didn't do my homeworks yet, Bootcamp happened!) to tie MFC badge up to the barrier. Of course, we had no string, but what are plastic bags for if not to sit on them on the pavement while queueing and then to be torn apart to make strings out of them?

Not sure if he saw the badge, but he was aware that MFC was around, as he mentioned the gift the night before (your gift, from MFC, I liked it). I hope that cameras filmed the badge, you know I feel I proudly belong to MFC, so I want the whole word to get to know it :aah:

When it comes to the show, I can't say that much. They were more strict this time: while in Bologna I texted a bit on my mobile(not about the show! You people from Sky who are reading this, if you want to check on my internet accounts, be my guests: I didn't and won't disclose any spoiler as I'm grateful that you allowed us in) and go to the toilet whenever I needed to, in Assago we had to turn our mobiles off and to endure without any loo till the big break for dinner. Which implied that my husband got concerned as he thought that ET abducted me since I was way too silent, and that we had to use the whole dinner break to queue for the toilet the first night. On the second night I got smart: as soon as they called the break, I climbed the stairs (again), ran (again), dodged people (again) and reached a men toilet far away. There were two loos with a door, and all those creepy things hanging from the wall. You know, men use them standing like they were in a field and in the movies they usually peep one another to see who's the best. Anyway, I bursted into the toilet claiming "You go ahead, I don't care, I'm not looking at you, but I have to use the loo NOW". Oh boy, I was so in pain. A guy probably thought I was about to die or to give birth (no, I'm not fat but you never know) and he gave up on the loo with the door. Who says that there are no more gentlemen around.

What can I say about the show. Mh.

Me and Nina will be the guest stars, as a cameraman filmed our skin pores many times during both nights. I suppose he thought that I was explaining my reasons to Nina, whereas I just was translating, but I got really involved and was using my hands a lot. We laughed very much thinking about what people will see: a woman talking hysterically like and the other one just nodding over and over again like she was listening to the most clever opinion ever.

Mika was funny during the breaks, but serious and focused during the filming. I think he was sorry for real for some contestants who got kicked out (people from Skyyy! Come on, everybody knows that someone will get kicked out!) because I saw his attitude and his look even when the cameras weren't on him. But he did some jokes during the breaks, especially along with Fedez, and of course he did some funny mistakes in Italian as well, but damn, I can't tell you since I don't know if they were recording them, by any chance. Morgan tried to wind him up more than once, but he kept calm and I respect very much this skill of his: he always replies in a pretty calm tone and then apparently doesn't keep any grudge. I don't actually think he always act that way (so not! :teehee: ), especially in a different context, but this is what he does when he's at XF. The parents of some contestants were sitting behind me and I heard them saying that Mika is the more competent among the judges, when it comes to music.

He was nice enough to stop before leaving, and he walked all the front row in order to sign stuff both evenings, even though the production was annoyingly repeating to him "we have to leave, we have to leave".

The first night he talked to some of us (even the second one, but I got involved only in the first), we asked about Boum Boum Boum video. He said that they are working on special effects right now and he looked really happy and excited and even proud, I think. He said also that it would be weird and funny. If someone remebers something else/different, please do tell. I just said "We can't wait", cause you know, I'm not that overtalkative :aah: Damn, if I could speak as much as I write....

Well, I think this is pretty much all.

Ah, no, wait. Fedez. The guy deserves some words. I already liked him in Bologna, but after those Bootcamp I officially fell for him. I've always seen those rappers guys being tough and macho and rude and beware-I'm-a-bad-ass but he's not.

He's caring, sympathetic, he's concerned about contestants' lives, emotions and careers, he was serious during his work but at times totally brilliant and funny in picking his words. And he's confident enought to disclose his true colours (I assume, I can't know if he's just an amazing actor) so he claimed that he's not a weed guy and he stood proudly in showing himself as a sweet, clever, honest good guy. I think I'll look for more infos about him.

Ok, that's all folks.

Oh, I almost forgot: curls are quite back and no Louboutins (I think) :cheer:

Pics:

I had room enough for my legs

Assago Inca Forum

Edited by Elwendin

OMG, this gift is so great!! :wub2::thumb_yello:

I love the idea of presents finishing with -oum :teehee: so funny

I'm glad you had fun all together :huglove: and that you could give the gift to Mika and that he came to thank you :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports everybody :wink2:

Edited by Alireine

Hi everybody! I was there only on tuesday. It was the first time for me, first time I saw Him live. I tried last year in Milan at the Swatch signing session but I failed...

I was in the third row, but a little aside, unfortunatly not near the MFC group. The show was quite boring, with long pauses (cause it was a recording).the arrival of the judges' was fantastic, came from the audiance and He stopped a few meters from where I was and it' was really exciting:blush-anim-cl:

At the end of the show I really wanted to approach him, ask him if he liked the gift ... but all I was able to do is say "hello" (really rummy!!!) and take this picture(frankly I'm not at all interested in autograph!)

image_zpsf97022ee.jpg~320x480

http://twitter.com/NicolettaOrlan1/status/484130507790499840/photo/1

if I went the second night I would have been more 'trained (not as Sylvie, but it would be better ...)

Next time I want to be near the group, I'm so proud to be a part of it, I really wanted to share everything with you, girl :group_hug::

Love your report, Sylvie :wub2: You are such a brave girl! You were totally my hero in Milan :naughty:

I wrote a blog post here:

http://anothermikablog.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/mika-xf8-bootcamp-in-milan/

It's mostly just thoughts and impressions. Is it spoiler if I tell something that hasn't happened yet? I hope not. Those Sky people scare me.

I have to admit that I'm pretty proud of myself, actually. :mf_rosetinted:

I bet that security man still remember my grasp :aah:

Ehm... I may have left out from my report some tiny details this time....

I liked your blog, you wrote many things that I didn't mention.

When it comes to spoilers.... I agree. Those people scare me. I want to hire no lawyer...

Someone already tweeted the catheories, so I suppose you are good.

And LOL

That bloody traffic jam :lmfao:

I have to admit that I'm pretty proud of myself, actually. :mf_rosetinted:

I bet that security man still remember my grasp :aah:

Ehm... I may have left out from my report some tiny details this time....

I liked your blog, you wrote many things that I didn't mention.

When it comes to spoilers.... I agree. Those people scare me. I want to hire no lawyer...

Someone already tweeted the catheories, so I suppose you are good.

And LOL

That bloody traffic jam :lmfao:

Sky published the categories so I thought we are allowed to mention it? But yes, they were pretty scary during the recording and mentioning people's tweets etc.

Milan traffic is unpredictable :mf_rosetinted:

Sure! Nina is officially Italian now. She only has to work on the language a bit :mf_rosetinted: becasue Mika talks to her in Italian!!! ahahahahahah

I was just thinking about that, lol! Will never forget their faces:

Mika: :shocked: But but but... You are Canadian!

Deb: :blink: dcdeb, Mika. dcdeb.

:naughty:

That is actually a really great gift:thumb_yello:

Well, it takes a while. He is still convinced Luke is from Belfast.

"Mika, Luke wanted to know why you dedicated a song to him in Belfast."

"Cause he's from Belfast."

"No, I'm from Dublin."

"Oh."

*Mika names every country people are from*

"You're from Belfast."

"No I'm from...never mind."

Also, he only realised I was Dutch after we were backstage in Paradiso and he actually heard me speak Dutch. Before that, everytime he was naming countries, he'd just skip me. Now he takes every opportunity to let me know that he knows I'm Dutch.:mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

Love your report, Sylvie :wub2: You are such a brave girl! You were totally my hero in Milan :naughty:

I wrote a blog post here:

http://anothermikablog.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/mika-xf8-bootcamp-in-milan/

It's mostly just thoughts and impressions. Is it spoiler if I tell something that hasn't happened yet? I hope not. Those Sky people scare me.

It is, they don't want anything to be told. But I doubt anyone would find your blog in english!!! relax

I'm sorry so many MFCers are far away and can't attend, and can't understand the language either.

You have special opportunities in the US and Canada though, that we can only dream of :wub2:

You had an acoustic tour and are now looking forward to 3 fabulous and unique nights in Montréal :swoon: which make up for all auditions and XFactor's shows :wink2:

I totally agree with you Marina !!!!

Hi everybody! I was there only on tuesday. It was the first time for me, first time I saw Him live. I tried last year in Milan at the Swatch signing session but I failed...

I was in the third row, but a little aside, unfortunatly not near the MFC group. The show was quite boring, with long pauses (cause it was a recording).the arrival of the judges' was fantastic, came from the audiance and He stopped a few meters from where I was and it' was really exciting:blush-anim-cl:

At the end of the show I really wanted to approach him, ask him if he liked the gift ... but all I was able to do is say "hello" (really rummy!!!) and take this picture(frankly I'm not at all interested in autograph!)

if I went the second night I would have been more 'trained (not as Sylvie, but it would be better ...)

Next time I want to be near the group, I'm so proud to be a part of it, I really wanted to share everything with you, girl :group_hug::

nice picture! :blush-anim-cl:

Ciao!! thank you for the lovely pic! :wub2:

I hope next time we'll have a chance to meet :)

Here we are!

This is taken after the first night of Bootcamp (there's also a lonely Loukum near the wonderful poster of Valmont)

DSCN1142_zps61c7fd7a.jpg

and this is our huge group from the second night.

DSCN1189_zpsa36d6c89.jpg

thank you again to everyone:wub2:

Edited by SimonaG

the posters are embarassing :naughty:

I wouldn't have allowed them to put that awkward stuff in front of me, I didn't want to be associated with it. I was ready to argue :mf_swordfight: but luckily I didn't need to.

And the group pics are aaaamaaazing!!

By the way, I can officially say that Loukoums suck.