Mika to appear on "L'ÉTÉ INDIEN", 2014

If you saw the show, what did you think?

It was cool but i'm bit dissapointed...

It was to fast... cut scenes were poorly fitted. (hope it's good in english)

Patrick spoke more than Mika... I like him but.. It was not nice :naughty:

Mika was funny, i love when he does mistakes in french :wub2:

He sang a part of Grace Kelly in French and English and he sang Boum Boum Boum with Coeur de Pirate. It was great!

I need to listen to the BBB duet with Coeur de Pirate one more time because the connexion was very bad at that time, but I think I liked it :thumb_yello:

Same issues here, the thing is... I think I didn't like it....

I need to watch it again, just to be sure, but the YT vid already got removed.

I was wondering what he meant when saying that the album will be summerish and sunny cause he wrote it very quickly...

Summerish is different from sketchy, right? :aah:

Anyway, I enjoyed what I was able to watch, I laughed at his faces while some parts of his old vids got played (why that face???), I learned a new small story about Relax, and it was nice altogether. And of course, they ran through his story as usual. I'll watch it again while working for the subtitles, so I'll get all the jokes I missed because of my internet issues. I want to see that guy kidding about MJ as well.

But baby seals are the best. Except for mommy. Mommy seal was beyond fat. She was more like a painted giant ball <3

If you saw the show, what did you think?

It was cool but i'm bit dissapointed...

It was to fast... cut scenes were poorly fitted. (hope it's good in english)

Patrick spoke more than Mika... I like him but.. It was not nice :naughty:

Mika was funny, i love when he does mistakes in french :wub2:

He sang a part of Grace Kelly in French and English and he sang Boum Boum Boum with Coeur de Pirate. It was great!

In reality, Mika's part was as long as Patrick Bruel. They all had equal time, except maybe Linda Lemay (not a fan of her's so it was ok)

Same issues here, the thing is... I think I didn't like it....

I need to watch it again, just to be sure, but the YT vid already got removed.

I was wondering what he meant when saying that the album will be summerish and sunny cause he wrote it very quickly...

Summerish is different from sketchy, right? :aah:

Anyway, I enjoyed what I was able to watch, I laughed at his faces while some parts of his old vids got played (why that face???), I learned a new small story about Relax, and it was nice altogether. And of course, they ran through his story as usual. I'll watch it again while working for the subtitles, so I'll get all the jokes I missed because of my internet issues. I want to see that guy kidding about MJ as well.

But baby seals are the best. Except for mommy. Mommy seal was beyond fat. She was more like a painted giant ball <3

I also missed some parts because it kept cutting out, so i'm not sure in what context they showed the boat going by.

In reality, it was when Martin Matte was talking about his weekly show called "les grands malaises" (moments that causes uneasiness... ex: running into an old friend who's ex-boyfriend is now your new boyfriend)

They asked the guests to talk about their "grands malaises" moments... when they got to Mika, the boat arrived and he said "Oh! my taxi is here" :naughty: And he never answered (they actually stopped the filming for about 5 or 10 minutes)

it seems to me like they played the boat part way before Martin's "moment"

Also, some parts of the show wasn't shown as they are probably for the Canadian edit... such as the poutine moment :aah:

10565183_266732950203024_8206690248572806264_n_zps8807a074.jpg

Again, i'm not sure what was said, because i had to restart every 5 minutes, but for those of you who are asking me in DM about the sex joke, here it is:

When Rachid Badouri was speaking, he said his moroccan father never felt comfortable talking about sex, so he would use metaphors. One weekend, Rachid was leaving and his father said to him "Rachid, if you are going swimming in a pool, you have to wear a bathing cap" (meaning if you are going to have sex, use a condom)

Mika didn't understand at first, but with the help (i think) of Coeur de pirate, he understood it a few minutes later and laughed.

When Linda Lemay was speaking, she was saying that when she was younger, she wrote a song about her boyfriend being unable to perform sexually one night. Most of the song is using metaphors referring to "the problem"

Tonight, we saw Mika saying he didn't understand the meaning of the song. What they didn't show is about 3 or 4 minutes later, while everyone is talking about something else, he suddenly understood and laughed. So they asked him why he was laughing and he said he understood now. So they asked him to explain what he understood and he said: "So your partner would have had a hard time putting on a bathing cap"

and everyone laughed and applauded ... voila! :naughty:

I want to see that guy kidding about MJ as well.

Oh I was so surprised when I saw him along with the guests (and Coeur De Pirate also!) Big fan of him, seeing him live very soon! I've been wanting to see Rachid Badouri since forever, so happy I got a taste of it at the show :wub2:

I saw CDP live once, but I'm happy to have seen her again, she's awesome! I'm planning on seeing her next time she stops over here again!

Overall, seriously, even if I was there as a Mika supporter, the whole show had nice guests! And coolest part, my parents were happy about the beau malaises DVD ( a show by Martin Matte, one of the guests) they gave us, they are such big fans!

So yeah everyone is happy :)

Edited by RayaBadran

First reaction after watching the show: WHERE THE HEK WAS I? *nowhere, says the cricket*

I have two more chances I guess... :naughty: Maybe Canadian TV will give me a chance :P ?

Raya we saw you at the very beginning with Roxy :thumb_yello:

First reaction after watching the show: WHERE THE HEK WAS I? *nowhere, says the cricket*

I have two more chances I guess... :naughty: Maybe Canadian TV will give me a chance :P ?

we saw you at the very beginning wtih Roxy, and believe me "on n'avait pas besoin de ZOOM" :lmfao:

I couldn't watch the streaming last night so been watching clips this morning. So who exactly is the woman singing BBB with him? I like it how it sounds performed live, can't wait to hear a proper gig version :wub2:

I couldn't watch the streaming last night so been watching clips this morning. So who exactly is the woman singing BBB with him? I like it how it sounds performed live, can't wait to hear a proper gig version :wub2:

She's Beatrice/Coeur de Pirate =)

Here's the link to download the video of Mika singing Grace Kelly and Boum Boum Boum.

Thanks to Priscillia Archen on daylimotion who share it for us. :thumb_yello:

I think she'll share all the show later. When i'll have a link i'll post it :wink2:

http://toutbox.fr/archen.priscillia/Mika/aout+2014/mika+l*27*c3*a9t*c3*a9+indien,9770333.avi

Beatrice Martin aka Coeur de pirate is a young Quebec singer/pianist that Mika loves a lot. So when the show asks him who he wanted as a guest, he called her.

She has 2 very successful album, and is only 24. I saw her perform with OSM last year... She is great, and an excellent pianist.

She is Coeur de Pirate . I like her and so does Mika as he said he asked specifically to sing BBB as a duet with her. They used to go to the same music teacher he said when he was on RFM week end in June and aired a song by her.

This is the full video of her Coeur de Pirate singing "Adieu". You could tell on Mika's face that he liked it.

[YOUTUBE]n7vYo6l06lo[/YOUTUBE]

She also sings in English, so she is also known in the English parts of Canada and in the USA (to a lesser extent i suppose)

I'm not sure if they said it on TV (or perhaps they are keeping it for the Quebec version), her husband is from France and is a tattoo artist.

When they showed the clip of Martin Matte & his wife in a therapy session, the therapist is her uncle in real life.