Mika to appear on "L'ÉTÉ INDIEN", 2014

Thanks for the video. Who the heck was that woman? She was awful. She didn't even keep in tune.

Mika was brilliant, of course. It's a pity he had to sing with her.

Thanks for the video. Who the heck was that woman? She was awful. She didn't even keep in tune.

he didn't have to, he chose her.

i quite like her voice actually :blush-anim-cl:

I totally agree with Marilyn here. Her voice seemed too sharp/harsh, or pinched, I don't really know how to subscribe that in English. Therefor didn't like this version much.

I notice the guests are all squiting/ half-closing their eyes, did they have to look into the sunlight perhaps.

I totally agree with Marilyn here. Her voice seemed too sharp/harsh, or pinched, I don't really know how to subscribe that in English. Therefor didn't like this version much.

I notice the guests are all squiting/ half-closing their eyes, did they have to look into the sunlight perhaps.

there was sun now and then, but it rained quite a bit that day. and it was quite windy

at least it wasn't pouffy like some other MFCers :fisch:

Hey. That was a pretext to call me out huh? :mf_rosetinted:

Not my fault, blame it on the weather.

I was cold and tired that day, and it rained on us meh :sneaky2:

Miss "I-was-under-a-tent" :teehee:

I love you Guy :huglove:

Edited by RayaBadran

Hey. That was a pretext to call me out huh? :mf_rosetinted:

Not my fault, blame it on the weather.

I was cold and tired that day, and it rained on us meh :sneaky2:

Miss "I-was-under-a-tent" :teehee:

I love you Guy :huglove:

ha! i was talking about my own hair!

but now that you mention it..... :lmao:

for the people asking me in PM/DM about poutine, here is the info:

Poutine is a plate of french fries, covered with gravy and curd cheese.

Curd cheese is freshly made cheddar that goes "squeak squeak" when you eat it because it is still very humid.

The cheese is delivered daily to stores around Quebec. It's salty, it's yummy.

While we are fully aware that it is 100% unhealthy, let's face it, it tastes good.

You can find it in many restaurants, even McDonald's.

It is so popular here that Chef Ramsey had it on his menu in a restaurant he owned for a while in Montreal. :naughty:

Do we eat it everyday???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We fully understand that it is as unhealthy as it gets.

Are we aware that it isn't high on the gourmet chain? YESSSSS!!!!

Is poutine Canadian????? Well, yes and no... Its origin is from Quebec and Quebec is in Canada :blush-anim-cl:

We also take pride in the fact that no ducks were hurt in the making of poutine, unless one happened to be crossing the road as the "squeaky cheese" delivery truck drove by or if you go into a specialty poutinerie (yes, that's a word!) that serves poutine with foi gras (yes, it exists)

Does that cover it all? :naughty:

P.S. we do not live in igloos, we don't sleep with bears, we don't see seals on our way to work and we own more than 1 km of paved roads too.

And using a stapler is completely legal. :mf_rosetinted:

When Mika was asked about what he liked here, he said he loved our restaurants, the fact that people here were not pretentious, we had a great sense of humor & never took ourselves too seriously. He loved that fact that we could go with the flow no matter what, fall down & get back up.

Or something like that... it has been a few weeks now :aah:

I bet we'll hear this in our Quebec version :naughty:

And I still love it :wub2:

Coeur de Pirate brought something punchy and added more naughtiness (?) to the song, that was good to hear that version.

And, really, with that piano running behind, was I the only one almost dancing on my chair? :teehee:

Have you seen Patrick Bruel's face during the performance? He was totally seduced :naughty:

Obviously we have watched different videos :aah: And obviously we have different ideas about what naughtiness means :mf_rosetinted:

Agree with every word :thumb_yello:

Well, yesterday I saw the show, and after re-watching the duet today, have to confess that Mika was good, but the girl spoiled this song (IMHO). Her voice was too un-voicy... dunno :dunno: like she vas chewing some cotton.

Can't wait to hear it at the gig, when he feels comfortable and relaxed. It has to be great.

But I hope he will sing it himself, with no guest singers. Max could sing along Boum Boum Boum :fisch:

Of course we all prefer to hear Mika sing rather than someone else. I liked the way she sang the song though. It was very different from the way Mika sings it, but she's definitely better at insinuating there's a lot of boum boum boum going on.

Of course we all prefer to hear Mika sing rather than someone else. I liked the way she sang the song though. It was very different from the way Mika sings it, but she's definitely better at insinuating there's a lot of boum boum boum going on.

:blink::shocked::aah::lmfao:

Good one!

Her voice isn't like Mika's that's for sure & she does sometimes not open her mouth enough when she sings. As a matter of fact, during her interview, she said that people in the industry mentioned it to her. (Or something to that effect)

It's like she puts "ch" instead of "s" a few times.

Celine Dion does it also. I call it "the hot potato in the mouth syndrome"

XD

Well, yesterday I saw the show, and after re-watching the duet today, have to confess that Mika was good, but the girl spoiled this song (IMHO). Her voice was too un-voicy... dunno :dunno: like she vas chewing some cotton.

Can't wait to hear it at the gig, when he feels comfortable and relaxed. It has to be great.

But I hope he will sing it himself, with no guest singers. Max could sing along Boum Boum Boum :fisch:

What makes you think he was not comfortable and relaxed?

He was just fine lol

He was just fine lol

Anyway I always see the difference between TV shows and gigs - he feels and behaves not the same even at the most friendly show.

So I'm waiting for the gig atmosphere!

Yes, I didn't know how to express it, thanks :naughty::wink2:

He was just fine lol

For me, for a TV show, he was quite confortable. Of course, it's not like when he is on stage, but he was much more relaxed for this BBB duet than during his duet with Kendji for "L'aigle noir" :aah:

Anyway I always see the difference between TV shows and gigs - he feels and behaves not the same even at the most friendly show.

So I'm waiting for the gig atmosphere!

Me too :wub2:

for the people asking me in PM/DM about poutine, here is the info:

Poutine is a plate of french fries, covered with gravy and curd cheese.

Curd cheese is freshly made cheddar that goes "squeak squeak" when you eat it because it is still very humid.

The cheese is delivered daily to stores around Quebec. It's salty, it's yummy.

While we are fully aware that it is 100% unhealthy, let's face it, it tastes good.

You can find it in many restaurants, even McDonald's.

It is so popular here that Chef Ramsey had it on his menu in a restaurant he owned for a while in Montreal. :naughty:

Do we eat it everyday???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We fully understand that it is as unhealthy as it gets.

Are we aware that it isn't high on the gourmet chain? YESSSSS!!!!

Is poutine Canadian????? Well, yes and no... Its origin is from Quebec and Quebec is in Canada :blush-anim-cl:

We also take pride in the fact that no ducks were hurt in the making of poutine, unless one happened to be crossing the road as the "squeaky cheese" delivery truck drove by or if you go into a specialty poutinerie (yes, that's a word!) that serves poutine with foi gras (yes, it exists)

Does that cover it all? :naughty:

Thanks, I've read this with interest :)

P.S. we do not live in igloos, we don't sleep with bears, we don't see seals on our way to work and we own more than 1 km of paved roads too.

And using a stapler is completely legal. :mf_rosetinted:

NOOO! No "Good morning, mr Seal"?? :shocked: First the fact that Santa doesn't exist, now this.

Same issues here, the thing is... I think I didn't like it....

I need to watch it again, just to be sure, but the YT vid already got removed.

I was wondering what he meant when saying that the album will be summerish and sunny cause he wrote it very quickly...

Summerish is different from sketchy, right? :aah:

Anyway, I enjoyed what I was able to watch, I laughed at his faces while some parts of his old vids got played (why that face???), I learned a new small story about Relax, and it was nice altogether. And of course, they ran through his story as usual. I'll watch it again while working for the subtitles, so I'll get all the jokes I missed because of my internet issues. I want to see that guy kidding about MJ as well.

But baby seals are the best. Except for mommy. Mommy seal was beyond fat. She was more like a painted giant ball <3

Elwendin I appreciate all the translation work you're doing.

Please, when you have the translation done, can you write the translation in a message?

If the translation is in the subtitles I can´t use google translator to translate what you write in another language, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian ...

The substitle are fine for the english-speaking, but if written without the video I can traslate in other languages.

If you can do that, I thank you so much, but I understand that I ask too much. You work a lot in translation.

Sorry for my english, I write badly. :doh:

Elwendin, thanks for your time, thank you,thank you!:wub2:

I liked Boum Boum Boum with Coeur de Pirate. She changes a few things in the melody but it's her style. I'm not a big fan but she's very "unique". :thumb_yello: She adds a little twist to the song. And as Guy said, she sometime have a hot potato in her mouth. :naughty:

I liked Boum Boum Boum with Coeur de Pirate. She changes a few things in the melody but it's her style. I'm not a big fan but she's very "unique". :thumb_yello: She adds a little twist to the song. And as Guy said, she sometime have a hot potato in her mouth. :naughty:

dresching room :naughty:

Oh I will have to disagree on that :sad:

I think she's brilliant. She completes him in that performance and I think he (Mika) was more unusal in his singing. His voice didn't come out at some point...

Coeur de Pirate is more known for her songwriting I think. She just writes so beautifully with touching lyrics and smart metaphors, she's great. Her voice isn't Whitney Houston or something but it's unique and you directly recognize it when it's on the radio. Her songs are better than any French Mika songs ever (sorry, my opinion).

Fun fact: did you know that she started to be known in the US because Perez Hilton wrote an article about how cute her voice was? And that's how she became huge :teehee:

Also people keep debating on who's the real Québec star: Marie-Mai or her... Always hear about these discussions everywhere...

Edited by RayaBadran

Oh I will have to disagree on that :sad:

I think she's brilliant. She completes him in that performance and I think he (Mika) was more unusal in his singing. His voice didn't come out at some point...

Coeur de Pirate is more known for her songwriting I think. She just writes so beautifully with touching lyrics and smart metaphors, she's great. Her voice isn't Whitney Houston or something but it's unique and you directly recognize it when it's on the radio. Her songs are better than any French Mika songs ever (sorry, my opinion).

Fun fact: did you know that she started to be known in the US because Perez Hilton wrote an article about how cute her voice was? And that's how she became huge :teehee:

Also people keep debating on who's the real Québec star: Marie-Mai or her... Always hear about these discussions everywhere...

As I said earlier, I'm not a big fan, but I like her. You make me think about that but... how awesome would it be if they could wrote a song together. :shocked: I agree with you, she's a great songwriter and it could be good to have more than one collaborator for his french songs. Doriand is ok but... let's face it. Right ? :wink2: