Mika to appear on "L'ÉTÉ INDIEN", 2014

English translation of the "miscellaneous" parts

by Elwendin with corrections of Salura

So, Mika was born in Lebanon, he's often in France, he lives in the UK, he works in Italy, he comes quite often to Montreal, first question, are suits like that one still for sale?

Do you want one? Are you jealous?

I think that it's so beautiful and Mika is so beautiful as well, no one else but him could wear it.

I've been told that I should wear a T-shirt, I should wear jeans, so I said "Well, I'll wear a suit and I'll also put a tie on, we are good".

Michel would love to have such a suit.

Yes, if you want my career to end, yes, of course.

We are trying that right away, your carrier can end now.

But I promise that it will suit you very much, I promise!

Mika, as I already said, Lebanon, France, UK, Italy, the States, you are all that in one, but are you to a certain extent more lebanese than english, more italian than french, as you are getting a career in Italy as well at the moment, even tnhough you live in London?

I live in London, but yeah, I'm working kind of everywhere,( it has been like that since I was a kid), it's always been like that. I must say that when you are a bit lebanese, you feel lebanese quite enough, even though I can't speak arabic, I don't know, you can't run away from your culture. When we come back home, it's a lebanese home, there are carpets, it smells like grub, it's always like that.

Do you eat with your hands?

I don't.

You are not lebanese.

Can you speak arabic?

I speak a kind of arabic....

With a Quebec accent

I speak Berber, it's a dialect.

The bastard, he speaks arabic very well!

What about you, can you speak arabic?

I know some sayings and some insults that my family, for instance my grandmother, used to say.

Did you change your style or did you do it just for me?

I just did it for you, and a little for Mika, for his performance.

Mika chose sobriety, you chose simplicity.

Cause you agreed on the dress code before, you called each other, you decided your outfits, didn't you?

Actually three days ago I came up with this idea of singing Boum Boum Boum, which we are going to sing together today. I wanted to perform it in a different way and I wanted to sing it along with Béatrice. I didn't know that she was supposed to be a guest on the show, I had no clue. So I got in touch with her through the label, I talked to her, I said "I have this idea", she said yes so I called you and I got surprised to learn that she was already invited as a guest.

And Mika, you are going to sing "Grace Kelly" in french tonight.

Yeah, in frenglish.

So, Julie asked something that I'd like ask everyone else as well. Do you all handle your career like Patrick does? Cause Patrick is one of those rare artists who control almost everything, can we do this? or does this take many years? Mika, are you alone controlling your whole career?

Well, I have a lot of help, I've chosen a good team, but yeah, I think that we have to, otherwise when something works it's great but when it doesn't...

Your family is close to you, right?

My family is close to me, I also have a little team that has been with me from the start, but I like to say that when I look at myself for instance, and I look at Patrick right now and I watch the screen, I see someone who's utterly honest, then when he's on stage, while he's singing, when he's acting, it's truly him, nothing is fake, he's not pretending to be someone else, and this is why he's in control of everything, because he's honest, he's representing his life, he's on stage the same guy as in his normal life, and this is great, this is why we can connect with him and not be disappointed, because there's a sincerity, I think that this is why this connection still stands.

There's the headline act at the theatre, there's the headline act at the music hall, there's the headline act at cinema, on tv, at poker, this makes many careers which have nothing to do with that.

Yes, but it's because I've never wanted to throw it together, I have a culture, an education, a training which made me love to commit to things, so I've never been an acteur who comes up with a little song now and again, or a singer act at times, and it's true that when it comes to poker, when once Alain from Canal + asked me for me to present poker shows and to be the consultant of them, I replied that I would have done it whenever I would have got a title, so it was necessary to get a world championship in order to be able to do it, it's true that I use to see things through, but I'm eager to get things done properly so that, when it's time, I can be on stage according to my instinct and to do my best and to tell myself that I have no regrets, which means "That's it, I did my best".

Exactly, this is what it's all about, without any regret.

Just to say "I did my best" in our daily life.

And when it fails, it's your fault.

Exaclty, this is what I meant, it's the same thing, when it fails, it's your fault.

Imagine the seals, the seals seeing Mika approaching with this outfit!

I haven't posted the picture yet that I took with Mika a bit earlier, we'll see, we don't know yet.

We'll see who is going to be more successful, Mika or the baby seal.

The baby seal, for sure.

So, Patrick, you love surprises, in a while we are going to see a very beautiful duet between Coeur de Pirate...

I learned quite some stuff today! I'm going to come back to Paris with a folder this big! Mika is flabbergasted by all this!

I must tell you what he said. He said "Are you scared?"

Béatrice, are you scared? It's your turn in a while. I've never seen a tv show like this before. Seriously, guys!

But what is this, what are we doing here, it's great.

And we finish with a group therapy

It's great, really, I've never seen a show like this.

There's something I've been wondering about: how did you feel during this unbelievable year at The Voice?

Ah, in France...

Patrick is refocusing the talk show.

No, but it's true that he did a great start in that show, he did such unbelievable albums, a production, a work, really, I've been admiring your work for a long time, and then I saw (you there), I wondered how you would have handled it and you made it, it's terrific.

And in Italy as well.

Hod did you feel about this?

I don't know.

Did you hesitate a lot before accepting this challenge?

Yes, I said no many times. I've been saying no for years, because I actually used to say no to everything which wasn't about album promotion or gigs. Suddenly many things happend in my life, and I told myself "Well, **** off, let's go, I'm going to say yes to everything. I'm going to try, I'm going to totally open myself" as I realized that this isolation wasn't good for the creative process, it was a kind of creative cancer, I used to hide and I listened too much to myself. I thought too much about what I was thinking and was writing.

Aren't you afraid that it could cloud you as a singer?

Yes, exactly, I used to be scared that I could have turned into something else and not to be this idea of a pure musician, but this is wrong, this idea of a pure musician. The most important thing is a creative who isn't scared and can take the plunge without overthinking.

to follow your instinct

And to say that the inner personality and all the culture we have lived (with) will come out, and well, I took some risks, I said yes to tv, something that scared me a lot. I must say that if I was in that context 4 or even 3 years ago, I would have been really scared of this conversation, of being in such a relaxed and intimate conversation, which is also without inhibition. But now I don't care, I adore this.

(...)

Why did everybody do something but...

me and her. What's happening?

You are going to sing together.

We went on holidays, we went to Disneyland!

But next year we'll take you to do some activities, if you behave.

Who has got tattoos? Martin Matte, do you have any tattoos?

Yes, there where there's... you know, there, on my back.

Rachid Badouri?

No, but if I had to get one, I'd get the one that my mother has here on the arm.

Mika? Are your tattoos on your suit?

Me? Tattoos? No, nothing, nothing at all, I'm scared of getting them as my skin is very stretchy, so I imagine... yes, stretchy like that! So If I got, I don't know, some kind of head, then it would start to fall down, like this....

You have your daughter's name on you.

Yes, I don't know if you can see it, yes, here.

You don't want to get that removed, this is sure.

But you also got your husband's name tattooed.

Yes, I have that as well.

This is more risky, isn't it, Patrick?

Ah, it's not like your children! Children are forever for sure.

This is why children are boring, I think that to get.. No, no, children are not boring in general!, No, but to get a tattoo about a child, I get it, cause it's sure. But to get a lover's name, to do this, to make this decision, this is more interesting as it's so risky.

Can we say that you belong, as Mika does, to a social networks generation?

Yes, I do. I grew up in the very beginning of all this, I saw it evolve, Facebook happened exactly when I was in high school so all this happened at the same time, yes, it was a kind of basis for my teenagehood, so yes, for sure.

You use social networks quite a lot, you announced your pregnancy on Twitter, your wedding on Twitter, is that a way to communicate directly with people?

Yes, it's a way of taking control of what you want to say, to show that we are not robots as well, that we are human, and this is why when someone runs into me on the road now, they are not like "ah, you are above everyone else, Béatrice", no, I'm not, I'm like everybody else, people come to talk to me because they saw me on Instangram or Twitter so then there's no problem with that.

Mika, is it the same for you, the importance of social networks in your career?

And this is how you got to be known as well

They didn't discovered me that way, it was about something else, but it was like that that... actually the label was scared. They didn't want to get my album released. They couldn't decide which song to get started with, so they uploaded some songs on MySpace, they allowed me to do whatever I wanted on my site and then a swedish company, a radio in Stockholm, stole the song from MySpace, it was Relax, they started to play it in Stockholm and this is how my career changed, this is how it started, boum, it was on every blog and stuff, and then the label couldn't procrastinate anymore, they had to react cause someone else already took the decision for them.

This is crazy!

I'd like to talk a bit more with Mika about the album which is going to be released in november, that we are waiting for for such a long time. Boum Boum Boum will be in it, will there be a summer rhythm, a different rhythm in this album?

Yeah, well, I'm doing it in a very short period, the result is that it's a summer album. Cause I write it in 2 months, I record it in 1, it's really close to the limit, it's quite light, the lyrics are deep but the sound is very sunny.

What will be the title like?

At the moment I have no clue.

Ah well! But it's going to be released in november, you better hurry up!

I know!

:thumb_yello: Thanks a million girls - for translating the whole show - it's amazing !! :huglove: Once more MIKA underlines his big love for France :blush-anim-cl: It's natural, and easy to understand, that he wants to give away some songs in this beautiful language! :wub2: And I really look forward to his new album in Nov. with "deep lyrics and sunny sound" - I'm sure it will be fantastic ...:fisch::mikalove:

Love,love

me

Thanks a million for translating the show!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, soooo much!!!!

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

The YouTube link in the first post to the BBB performance isn't working for me, I think the video may have been taken down? :huh:
oh, you're right, it isn't there anymore

the first link isn't working either :aah:

thanks for pointing out, we'll try to replace them

• 3 weeks later...
Martin Rego ‏@martin_rego 17m

PHOTO SOUVENIR : tournage de @eteindien2014 avec le super sympa et talentueux @mikasounds ! #Mika #ÉtéIndien pic.twitter.com/ZW5FcG9CoA

BxSFsxkIMAEZTfG.jpg

aw that's a cool picture!

that's the same place we had ours taken.

:naughty:

Martin Rego ‏@martin_rego 17m

PHOTO SOUVENIR : tournage de @eteindien2014 avec le super sympa et talentueux @mikasounds ! #Mika #ÉtéIndien pic.twitter.com/ZW5FcG9CoA

Thanks a lot for posting !!

LARGE one

15188602566_fb6728fcee_o.jpg