Mika to appear on "L'ÉTÉ INDIEN", 2014

When he sees me walking in, he walked towards me with a big smile. He said "well hello again, how are you?" i told him my name (just in case) and he says something like "oh i know, you've been a constant presence through the years and i mean that in a good way"

I told him Deb said hello and that she was suppose to be with me, but her plane got cancelled. He said "oh no, i'm so sorry for her, i looked for her in the audience, i was wondering because i couldn't find her... tell her i say hello"

He asked if i was going to see him in February and i said yes

Cathouzouf had bought a watch 6 months ago for me, but i haven't seen her since, so she had it with her. I gave it to him to sign (otherwise it was a poster from the show) & he said "oh... you got one!" he got a pen, and signed it "to the famous Guylaine! Mika xx" I said "oh you remember that" and he said "of course i do!"

This is my fav part of your report!!!! So sweet!

And damn, I was so focused reading your report that I put my finger in my hot tea. :aah:

So.... here we go!!! :naughty:

Thank you for the report, I've read with a big smile on my face through it all :flowers2: Especially the meet & greet part, very sweet! I'm glad everybody had a great time.

So, November is confirmed, that's interesting news :mf_rosetinted:

The flowery suit:

25kpgcg.jpg

Edited by Log lady

What a thrill, you've been really fortunata.mika and 'always so nice, a really tight special.teniamocelo stretto!!!!!!I have recently arrived here from you, so many things do not know, I'm glad to read these racconti.grazie you for sharing with us your experience!

WoW!! Thank you for your detailed and lovely report Guylaine!! :swoon:

I'm happy it was a wonderful experience to you all! :wub2:

I'm longing to hear BBB live, I had already thought about an acoustic performance of this song and it must be awesome :fangurl:

Production J had asked us to be present for 11h to give us instructions, but they never gave us any info & we just boarded the buses at 12h00

As we got on the bus, it started to rain

As we arrive, we can hear Mika is doing the soundcheck

We were shown our seats. At first it was ok, but then they started to really cram people together, i was on the 3rd out of 4 row up. It was extremely uncomfortable, feet on your back & no where to move your own feet. On top of that, they tried to match people, so not all blue clothing were together etc... so we weren't all together. They sat Cathouzouf next to me, Raya next to Roxy & CathBlais was alone.

They decided to send up to the top row Cathouzouf & I, so we went up.

Then it started to rain really really hard. The way the stage was built, rain was building up behind us and slowly crawling to our seat area.

When they came with towels, they realize we wouldn't be able to sit there, so they said to Cathouzouf & I "we are so sorry, but you'll have to move to the VIP/tent area. At first Cath & I weren't really happy about it, but what can we do. They said they'd come and rotate us back to the stage in a little bit. They ended up coming back & saying they were sorry but couldn't as they were pressed for time due to the weather.

The VIP area was directly in front of the stage, but further from the guests. We also had televisions, nice comfy couches. We get there, they are passing food, wine, drinks, nice sandwiches, amuse-bouches... you name it, we had it.

How the show works, there are 6 guests & 2 hosts... Julie Snyder (from Quebec, also the host of Star Academie) & Michel Drucker (from France)

There are 6 parts on the show, 1 for each guest. They show their career accomplishments & then they all discuss, compare etc...

Mika was the 4th one. They showed a film of his life, same usual kiddy pics we see & as a matter of fact, i'm pretty sure it was the same film they showed about his life on Star Academie, but added his SA performance to it.

Mika was sitting next to a Quebec singer named "Coeur de Pirate" aka Beatrice Martin. She speaks english & was sometimes translating for Mika, or at least explaining to him what was being said, as he does not understand our accent all the time.

So Mika started to say that we have the best restaurants. He was asked if he ever had a poutine & he said a WHAT? So they explained to him what it was & he didn't look very impressed. They told him that before the end of the show, he would taste one.

A little bit later, they served poutine to all 6 guests. Mika's face was so funny... he ate it a bit, but when the cameras stopped rolling, he stopped. He didn't look very impressed.:teehee::aah:

He maintains his album will be ready in November. He says he will concentrate on it for the next 2 months.

They talked a bit about The Voice and XF. They were surprised he spoke italian. He told his story about his sicilian teacher & said he learnt it in 1 month. They asked him to speak Italian & he did.

They talked to him about the suits he's been wearing on The Voice & apparently his mom worked with the designer to have them made.

He really looked quite sharp today, i think his suit was gray with a pattern of a flower, matching tie, but it wasn't overpowering. Louboutin shoes, of course, but not the spiky ones. His hair was like on the James Bond part of the video.

They said he was going to sing GK in french (i was not happy) and Boum Boum Boum.

So he starts to sing, has to stop as he sat on the piano & unhooked his sound thingy behind him. He started over, He did the first verse in French and then switched to english, the song rolled right into Boum Boum Boum, which he sang with Coeur de pirate as a duet. I was pleasantly surprised... it was quite good together.

They started to record the show again, but Mika said "Can we do the songs again?" And they said of course... so they started again. I was afraid he'd try to sing GK all in french, but no... he went back to english.

The instruments were all acoustic, a band with piano, drums, bass and i think a yukulele, but i'm not sure... i couldn't see that musician well. It sounded a bit jazzy

His voice was very good. Coeur de Pirate doesn't have a huge voice, so he changed the melody a bit to accommodate her.

After the show, they said for everyone to get on stage to have a group picture taken (over 100 people i would say)

I hear my name being called (they also said Cathouzouf's name) on the speakers. They asked us if we were "Journal de Montreal" winners, i said no... so they looked again & they said ha yes, you're in pink, those are the Mika Fan winners. Go back under the tent.

We get there & this lady tells us to follow her (we were about 10 i guess... the winner & their +1 ) She tells us that it also included a picture with Mika & we are allowed to have something signed. They take us to Mika's VIP tent, he's giving an interview for this french magazine, we can see him, he's in the tent, but about 3 ft from the little window. They double check our names and send us in one by one when he's finished... i think i was 3rd or 4th.

When he sees me walking in, he walked towards me with a big smile. He said "well hello again, how are you?" i told him my name (just in case) and he says something like "oh i know, you've been a constant presence through the years and i mean that in a good way"

I told him Deb said hello and that she was suppose to be with me, but her plane got cancelled. He said "oh no, i'm so sorry for her, i looked for her in the audience, i was wondering because i couldn't find her... tell her i say hello"

Cathouzouf had bought a watch 6 months ago for me, but i haven't seen her since, so she had it with her. I gave it to him to sign (otherwise it was a poster from the show) & he said "oh... you got one!" he got a pen, and signed it "to the famous Guylaine! Mika xx" I said "oh you remember that" and he said "of course i do!"

Then i said see you in Feb and he said bye bye

:swoon: The End

Oh my.

AND you are still alive? Aaaaaaaaawww :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I'm so happy for you all!

MFC rules, that's all I can say!!

:group_hug:

Thank you so much Guy for your amazing report

It seemed to be there with you all and I'm really happy for you all :wub2:

I'm also moved for what he said to Deb:wub2:

Thank you so much Guy for your amazing report

It seemed to be there with you all and I'm really happy for you all :wub2:

I'm also moved for what he said to Deb:wub2:

Deb, you were really there in spirit :wub2:

WoW!! Thank you for your detailed and lovely report Guylaine!! :swoon:

I'm happy it was a wonderful experience to you all! :wub2:

I'm longing to hear BBB live, I had already thought about an acoustic performance of this song and it must be awesome :fangurl:

Yeah, I heard it acoustic at XF.

Just 5 seconds.

He was alone, on the judge chair, with all the make-up staff around, a little pause.

It was a few days before the launch of #BBB, we had only the final part on YT.

And he began to sing it.

I was in the first row, quite near to listen.

Eyes closed, moving his head in lullaby mode.

I changed my opinion about the song in THAT specific moment.

I adored it from those five precious seconds on.

Thank you so much Guy for your report! :wub2: It made my day!

I'm so happy that you all had an amazing experience with Mika! :swoon:

It's so beautiful to read these things in the morning after what happened in Italy...

Boum Boum Boum acoustic? And the album in November? wow...it's too much for me! I need to breath :fangurl:

Yeah, I heard it acoustic at XF.

Just 5 seconds.

He was alone, on the judge chair, with all the make-up staff around, a little pause.

It was a few days before the launch of #BBB, we had only the final part on YT.

And he began to sing it.

I was in the first row, quite near to listen.

Eyes closed, moving his head in lullaby mode.

I changed my opinion about the song in THAT specific moment.

I adored it from those five precious seconds on.

Oh yeah I remember it: his voice can be very special sometimes

Edited by Lucrezia

Production J had asked us to be present for 11h to give us instructions, but they never gave us any info & we just boarded the buses at 12h00

As we got on the bus, it started to rain

As we arrive, we can hear Mika is doing the soundcheck

We were shown our seats. At first it was ok, but then they started to really cram people together, i was on the 3rd out of 4 row up. It was extremely uncomfortable, feet on your back & no where to move your own feet. On top of that, they tried to match people, so not all blue clothing were together etc... so we weren't all together. They sat Cathouzouf next to me, Raya next to Roxy & CathBlais was alone.

They decided to send up to the top row Cathouzouf & I, so we went up.

Then it started to rain really really hard. The way the stage was built, rain was building up behind us and slowly crawling to our seat area.

When they came with towels, they realize we wouldn't be able to sit there, so they said to Cathouzouf & I "we are so sorry, but you'll have to move to the VIP/tent area. At first Cath & I weren't really happy about it, but what can we do. They said they'd come and rotate us back to the stage in a little bit. They ended up coming back & saying they were sorry but couldn't as they were pressed for time due to the weather.

The VIP area was directly in front of the stage, but further from the guests. We also had televisions, nice comfy couches. We get there, they are passing food, wine, drinks, nice sandwiches, amuse-bouches... you name it, we had it.

How the show works, there are 6 guests & 2 hosts... Julie Snyder (from Quebec, also the host of Star Academie) & Michel Drucker (from France)

There are 6 parts on the show, 1 for each guest. They show their career accomplishments & then they all discuss, compare etc...

Mika was the 4th one. They showed a film of his life, same usual kiddy pics we see & as a matter of fact, i'm pretty sure it was the same film they showed about his life on Star Academie, but added his SA performance to it.

Mika was sitting next to a Quebec singer named "Coeur de Pirate" aka Beatrice Martin. She speaks english & was sometimes translating for Mika, or at least explaining to him what was being said, as he does not understand our accent all the time.

So Mika started to say that we have the best restaurants. He was asked if he ever had a poutine & he said a WHAT? So they explained to him what it was & he didn't look very impressed. They told him that before the end of the show, he would taste one.

A little bit later, they served poutine to all 6 guests. Mika's face was so funny... he ate it a bit, but when the cameras stopped rolling, he stopped. He didn't look very impressed.:teehee::aah:

He maintains his album will be ready in November. He says he will concentrate on it for the next 2 months.

They talked a bit about The Voice and XF. They were surprised he spoke italian. He told his story about his sicilian teacher & said he learnt it in 1 month. They asked him to speak Italian & he did.

They talked to him about the suits he's been wearing on The Voice & apparently his mom worked with the designer to have them made.

He really looked quite sharp today, i think his suit was gray with a pattern of a flower, matching tie, but it wasn't overpowering. Louboutin shoes, of course, but not the spiky ones. His hair was like on the James Bond part of the video.

They said he was going to sing GK in french (i was not happy) and Boum Boum Boum.

So he starts to sing, has to stop as he sat on the piano & unhooked his sound thingy behind him. He started over, He did the first verse in French and then switched to english, the song rolled right into Boum Boum Boum, which he sang with Coeur de pirate as a duet. I was pleasantly surprised... it was quite good together.

They started to record the show again, but Mika said "Can we do the songs again?" And they said of course... so they started again. I was afraid he'd try to sing GK all in french, but no... he went back to english.

The instruments were all acoustic, a band with piano, drums, bass and i think a yukulele, but i'm not sure... i couldn't see that musician well. It sounded a bit jazzy

His voice was very good. Coeur de Pirate doesn't have a huge voice, so he changed the melody a bit to accommodate her.

After the show, they said for everyone to get on stage to have a group picture taken (over 100 people i would say)

I hear my name being called (they also said Cathouzouf's name) on the speakers. They asked us if we were "Journal de Montreal" winners, i said no... so they looked again & they said ha yes, you're in pink, those are the Mika Fan winners. Go back under the tent.

We get there & this lady tells us to follow her (we were about 10 i guess... the winner & their +1 ) She tells us that it also included a picture with Mika & we are allowed to have something signed. They take us to Mika's VIP tent, he's giving an interview for this french magazine, we can see him, he's in the tent, but about 3 ft from the little window. They double check our names and send us in one by one when he's finished... i think i was 3rd or 4th.

That's a great report. I feel jealous of you.

Can't wait to hear BBB being sung on the show.

This is the best part of the story, imho! So sweet! The fact that he remembers about you is priceless. This part is also a beautiful proof of support, cohesion and cooperation among fans :blush-anim-cl: Thanks for sharing! Hope to see the show somewhere online :naughty:

This is the best part of the story, imho! So sweet! The fact that he remembers about you is priceless. This part is also a beautiful proof of support, cohesion and cooperation among fans :blush-anim-cl: Thanks for sharing! Hope to see the show somewhere online :naughty:
indeed! :wub2:

What a wonderful experience !!!! I'm very happy for you !!!! :thumb_yello::wub2::naughty:

+1 :blush-anim-cl: And so am I - this is just the best early morning news, which I couldn't respond till now !! Thanks a lot Guylaine - your report is priceless, so detailed, I feel I was behind your back!! :wink2: And MIKA was looking for Deb in the audience - omg, how lovely is he ?! - no wonder we all love this man to bits - he really is one of a kind - golden MIKA !!! :wub2: :wub2:

I'm looking forward to see the progr. - especially because of his performance of BBB ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

guylainem123 OMG...thank you!!! Very beautiful experience! Mika is sooo cute...always! :mikalove: I want to hear him sing BBB very soon!!!!! :thumb_yello:

Oh...You'll go to see him in February....very lucky person! Unfortunately I live in Italy! :aah: