From XL Column to a BOOK! Mika's writing career!

robertina

10320475_1421035208180139_6090185485984204047_n_zps3bddf950.jpg

This is what Mika tweeted today: "I'm working on my first book, stories, thoughts, music: my life. Thanks Rizzoli Libri!"

The book should be out in Autumn.

Rizzoli is one of the biggest publishing in Italy.

I thought this deserved its own thread so, meanwhile we get more info....a penny for your thoughts! :naughty:

Quoting myself :wink2:

about the book, when I met Italian blogger Selvaggia Lucarelli, she told me that Mika is writing his life story with her editor, and she thought we fans knew about it.

I said that we didn't, so I thought it was a bit of a secret and we were not supposed to know. Now I think we can say that it'll be a book in italian, co-written with an italian editor and published by an italian publisher.

I don't know more than this.

Well done.

We totally need a thread.

Well, how could I be not happy?

I'm excited :groovy:

Yeah, I know.

He's not writing totally on his own (a co-writer is around), we don't even know if he's writing in english or italian (I think he will go for english, even though I don't think he's writing a proper text in english, maybe only notes and stuff. If there are people helping him, he doesn't need to. He just can let his ideas pop up, in english, and then have them written properly by someone else), he has an album to finish, he won't be totally honest, etc etc.

I know. And I don't give a rat ass.

I'm HAPPY. :cheer:

then I'm quoting you as well :naughty:

Not sure whether I should post this or not.

And not sure where this belong, but...

Patrizia Segre @patriziasegre · 57 min

@mikamusic_it all'opera per il suo primo libro ufficiale in uscita in autunno per @RizzoliLibri, WOW! @biancalaross pic.twitter.com/Rl0CQbRdQL

Mika is working on his first official book, which will be released in autumn by Rizzoli.

Rumours say it's a story.

I find this really exciting :wub2: Yes, it's (probably) in Italian, and of course we already know the basic facts. Still, I've always wanted him to write his thoughts and this is a start. We never know, there might be an English version later. In any case it's an official story and he has approved everything it says :thumb_yello: Thanks for the thread, Robi!

I cannot imagine:thumb_yello:

Another good news (in this dull dull daytime and week) from the last of the famous international playboy...after the teasers of the BOUM BOUM BOUM video :naughty:

I'd love to read Mika's book but not someone's interpretation and translation of his words :doh: And I don't speak Italian, so..... I'm a bit sad for myself :mf_rosetinted: But I'm glad Italian fans will have a proper story from Mika himself, not this row of unofficial books :thumb_yello:

from MIKA's fb page, geotagged I think

MIKA

Abbiamo un annuncio importante da farvi! Dopo l'esperienza con la rubrica fissa sulla rivista italiana XL, Mika ha deciso di continuare a scrivere, concedendosi uno spazio tutto suo, molto intimo e personale: un libro! Titolo, formato, contenuti, data di uscita e modalità di acquisto in Italia e all'estero restano una sorpresa che potrete scoprire solo in autunno, quando il libro uscirà per Rizzoli. Per ora parlano chiaro le parole di Mika: "Questo libro per me è una cosa molto importante perché per la prima volta posso raccogliere tutti i miei pensieri, la mia storia, la mia musica. In una parola sola, la mia vita. Questo è un grande regalo che mi fa Rizzoli e un grandissimo piacere personale che voglio condividere con i miei fan".

translatorsssss :naughty:

from MIKA's fb page, geotagged I think

MIKA

Abbiamo un annuncio importante da farvi! Dopo l'esperienza con la rubrica fissa sulla rivista italiana XL, Mika ha deciso di continuare a scrivere, concedendosi uno spazio tutto suo, molto intimo e personale: un libro! Titolo, formato, contenuti, data di uscita e modalità di acquisto in Italia e all'estero restano una sorpresa che potrete scoprire solo in autunno, quando il libro uscirà per Rizzoli. Per ora parlano chiaro le parole di Mika: "Questo libro per me è una cosa molto importante perché per la prima volta posso raccogliere tutti i miei pensieri, la mia storia, la mia musica. In una parola sola, la mia vita. Questo è un grande regalo che mi fa Rizzoli e un grandissimo piacere personale che voglio condividere con i miei fan".

translatorsssss :naughty:

Did you call? :naughty:

We have an important announcement to do! After the experience with the regular column in the Italian magazine XL, Mika has decided to continue to write, allowing himself a space of his own, very personal and intimate: a book!

Title, format, contents, release date and mode of purchase in Italy and abroad will remain a surprise that you can find only in autumn, when the book will be published by Rizzoli.

For now, we have only Mika's words about it: "This book for me is a very important thing because for the first time I can collect all my thoughts, my story, my music. In a word, my life. This is a big gift that Rizzoli makes me and a great personal pleasure that I want to share with my fans. "

I'd love to read Mika's book but not someone's interpretation and translation of his words :doh: And I don't speak Italian, so..... I'm a bit sad for myself :mf_rosetinted: But I'm glad Italian fans will have a proper story from Mika himself, not this row of unofficial books :thumb_yello:

You still have plenty of time to learn Italian...... he did it,you can do it as well! :thumb_yello:

10320475_1421035208180139_6090185485984204047_n_zps3bddf950.jpg

this is what mika tweeted today: "i'm working on my first book, stories, thoughts, music: My life. Thanks rizzoli libri!"

the book should be out in autumn.

Rizzoli is one of the biggest publishing in italy.

I thought this deserved its own thread so, meanwhile we get more info....a penny for your thoughts! :naughty:

Best MIKA news ever . . .

Edited by A. Clay