From XL Column to a BOOK! Mika's writing career!

robertina

Allegedly, the book title seems to be "From Mika to Mika".

From Hoepli online library:

http://www.hoepli.it/libro/from-mika-to-mika/9788817077378.html

It's also listed in several other online bookstores with the same title.

FROM MIKA TO MIKA

Forthcoming publishing

Publisher's note:

Thoughts, drawings and aspirations of an eccentric and all-round artist, much loved by the Italian public, not only for his songs.

Preface:

"Dear Mika, even though you are 80 and I have no idea where you will be when you read this letter, I just hope you are still weird".

This is the incipit of the series of 18 letters, observations, reflections that Mika decided to collect for the first time in an autobiographical book, as the message in a bottle for himself and anyone who's willing to read it. It all started when Mika had a column on " La Repubblica XL", where he dealt with various topics in a profound and light way at once, just like he is. A collection embellished with artwork by him and his sister (who goes by the pen name DaWack) to discover Mika's world: fresh, witty, at times bitter, just like life is.

That sounds just about right! Thanks!

Allegedly, the book title seems to be "From Mika to Mika".

From Hoepli online library:

http://www.hoepli.it/libro/from-mika-to-mika/9788817077378.html

It's also listed in several other online bookstores with the same title.

FROM MIKA TO MIKA

Forthcoming publishing

Publisher's note:

Thoughts, drawings and aspirations of an eccentric and all-round artist, much loved by the Italian public, not only for his songs.

Preface:

"Dear Mika, even though you are 80 and I have no idea where you will be when you read this letter, I just hope you are still weird".

This is the incipit of the series of 18 letters, observations, reflections that Mika decided to collect for the first time in an autobiographical book, as the message in a bottle for himself and anyone who's willing to read it. It all started when Mika had a column on " La Repubblica XL", where he dealt with various topics in a profound and light way at once, just like he is. A collection embellished with artwork by him and his sister (who goes by the pen name DaWack) to discover Mika's world: fresh, witty, at times bitter, just like life is.

That is really exciting!! Can't wait to get this book :wub2:

To me, this summary sounds like it might be just a compilation of his columns? :dunno:

I thought the same first,but he wrote 22 columns,not 18 :dunno:

IMO the preface is the only letter that we read on XL...the other 18 are new for me otherwise there would have been written that it was a collection of the XL columns :dunno:

IMO the preface is the only letter that we read on XL...the other 18 are new for me otherwise there would have been written that it was a collection of the XL columns :dunno:

It could be based on his columns and they've just left something out and edited and maybe added something? There are a lot of books done that way. Would love to see new texts, of course!

I really hope there are some new texts (and drawings) in it

I also hope there's something new,at least this is what I get from his tweet,but who knows....

MIKA official @mikasounds

Sto lavorando al mio primo libro, con storie, pensieri, musica: la mia vita. Grazie @RizzoliLibri!

It could be based on his columns and they've just left something out and edited and maybe added something? There are a lot of books done that way. Would love to see new texts, of course!

I really hope there are some new texts (and drawings) in it

I also hope there's something new,at least this is what I get from his tweet,but who knows....

MIKA official @mikasounds

Sto lavorando al mio primo libro, con storie, pensieri, musica: la mia vita. Grazie @RizzoliLibri!

I too hope you guys are right... :blush-anim-cl::wink2:

To me, this summary sounds like it might be just a compilation of his columns? :dunno:

It's too soon to know, but I think it is likely to be as Nina said, a collection of those letters re-edited in a slightly different way with probably the addition of some new drawings and writing pieces.

And all my hopes are on our dear Italian translators for getting the whole Translation. But I will buy this book!!!

X Factor, book... We'll soon need an army instead of a team :teehee:

t4v803.jpg

Edited by Log lady

It's too soon to know, but I think it is likely to be as Nina said, a collection of those letters re-edited in a slightly different way with probably the addition of some new drawings and writing pieces.

X Factor, book... We'll soon need an army instead of a team :teehee:

t4v803.jpg

this Picture is so great :thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...
Question: What will happen to (/what will become of) the articles of your column "Pop Up"?Will you bring them all together?

Mika: I want to collect them in a book, but I would like to rewrite them, as if the volume is a map of my body.... I would like to put every my article ended up on "XL", in relation to a part of my body and thus (in this way) tell my own story.It’s some crazy (odd/bizarre) idea I'm working on. We'll see if it works.

His body parts? :blush-anim-cl:

These words make me think to the "Journal D'un Corps", by Daniel Pennac (in italian "Diario di un corpo", in english "Diary of a body"), a book based on the life of the writer seen only through his body perceptions, since when he was 12 years old till his death. Who knows... :mf_rosetinted:

His body parts? :blush-anim-cl:

The book will be like no other I believe :thumb_yello:

I would have bought it anyway but now I'm even more curious to read it :naughty:

• 8 months later...

oh boy how I had to search for this thread  :aah:

A nice pop up as we get some news in Le Divan: first we learned that the english title will be "the diary of the accidentally optimistic" (well they said it in french "le journal de l'optimiste accidentel"), but the presenter based his translation on the english title). So an english version will be. Also, presenter said that Mika gave him a copy to read, so english version actually already exists in a finished enough version to be read. And finally he added that the book will be available in autumn. But then he didn't say of which year.

He also gave us some snippets, first bits of the letter from himself to himself, and also this quote (I can't say if it's out of a column or not as I have read only a few, so if some want to keep it completely fresh stop reading now)

about his mum "She was the wind, the color, the perfume, the jasmine, the bergamot, the Burlgarian rose, the music, the weeping of a bohemian, the style without the fashion, the love without the money, and we were her creatures, worthy home-made disciples." 

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 3

oh boy how I had so search for this thread  :aah:

A nice pop up as we get some news in Le Divan: first we learned that the english title will be "the diary of the accidentally optimistic" (well they said it in french "le journal de l'optimiste accidentel"), but the presenter based his translation on the english title). So an english version will be. Also, presenter said that Mika gave him a copy to read, so english version actually already exists in a finished enough version to be read. And finally he added that the book will be available in autumn. But then he didn't say of which year.

I like especially this part :lmao: 

• 4 months later...

A cute clip from Rizzoli Facebook    Notizie sul libro di Mika? ;)

"Quando arriva il libro di MIKA? Ve lo racconta lui in persona!"

Thank you.

If you did not understand:

The book, maybe, will be ready in spring 2016.

It is funny because he says to the lady: ok now you can put away your gun  :lmfao:

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the explanation
  • Like 3

[ Diario di un ottimista accidentale ] di Mika

http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/diario-ottimista-accidentale-mika-rizzoli/libro/9788817077378

La prima, originale ed estemporanea autobiografia di un artista eccentrico e completo, molto amato dal pubblico italiano. Mika ha venduto 8 milioni di album nel mondo ed è stato certificato disco d’oro o di platino in 32 Paesi, oltre ad aver vinto numerosi riconoscimenti. È stato il primo giudice internazionale di un talent show italiano, e il pubblico lo adora sempre più. Nel 2015 sarà per la 3° volta a “X Factor Italia”. Questo è il suo primo libro autobiografico e Rizzoli si è aggiudicata l’esclusiva mondiale, come già rimarcato da radio e stampa. “Le cose belle sono sempre il risultato di combinazioni miracolose che arrivano in modo accidentale. Gli inciden- ti sono tutto. Senza incidenti non c’è sorpresa, non c’è movimento, non c’è amore. Ecco cosa sono io: un ottimista accidentale.” Inizia così il primo libro autobiografico di Mika, una raccolta inedita di esperienze e riflessioni intime e profonde, raccontate con garbo, leggerezza ed efficacia, come solo lui sa fare. Dall’amore per la musica e la famiglia all’odio per la scuola e il nostro paese (ebbene sì, da piccolo odiava l’Italia!): una collezione unica, impreziosita da foto e il- lustrazioni per scoprire il mondo di Mika, fresco, spiritoso, a tratti anche amaro, così come è la vita.

• Like 1

A cute clip from Rizzoli Facebook    Notizie sul libro di Mika? ;)

"Quando arriva il libro di MIKA? Ve lo racconta lui in persona!"

Thank you.

It is funny because he says to the lady: ok now you can put away your gun  :lmfao:

Edited by allegra
  • Like 5

Thank you.

I didn't really understand if they're planning to release the book during the next spring or if the book will be finished in the next spring. Finger crossed for the first one!  :das:

• 1 year later...

Is it already the spring in Europe? :P

(I'm joking, I've been in Rome with 42 Celsius degrees of temperature in July. Spring should be before that).

I see there's a lot I missed during the time I focused in life and put him in the backburner.

Mika writing a sort of autobiographical book? Wow, that's a big leap of honesty. And if there's something I love about people is when they take them.

I guess it'll be my excuse to take my Italian learning more seriously.

Edited by Romis

• 1 year later...