Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

Really sad news for Chinese fans. But He really made a right choice even if it's very hurtful.

Meanwhile, he and his team should seriously face and see why it happened, why his voice got bad after just a couple of shows in Asia.

My theory is, I've followed up his career and live shows since 2009. And of course watched how he performed in 2007 and 2008 also.

So I could recognize that his voice and throat is not that of his 20's. Never could keep strong after consecutive songs such as Happy Ending - Love Today - WAG.

In the showcase in Seoul, I heard his live and his voice was very good at first, but when he started Love Today.... I became very serious at my seat. I could recognize that he's struggling with the song. And WAG, unfortunately the next song he chose was WAG.. (damn) he tried, but the voice doesnt work good..and... yeah.. After the show I and some old fans seriously talked about this. And they felt the same.

It's not his fault. Many artists faces same problem as time goes by, and if a singer do not face this one and try hard to change the way he sings, he might loose his voice. I've seen many singers who sang very high and strong voice gets vocal nodule and loose his voice.

I really hope he could find his solution to get over this. He's excused to change his vocal range, the way he sings, too keep that voice forever. It's most important thing at this moment, far more important that featuring at damn X-Factor things.  

Phew. I really hope he could get good rest for a couple of days.   :tears:  Hope he's not that bad mood....and get over this.. 

You are absolutely right, Yuna, he's excused sing in a lower range, which is still delicious!  Hope he can be better soon...

You are absolutely right, Yuna, he's excused sing in a lower range, which is still delicious!  Hope he can be better soon...

Yeah his new songs are not going up and down dramatically, not like LT, WAG or Rain things. But it sounds very delicious! His voice tune is very sweet and delicious without that rollercoaster falsetto. I love that point and hope he could keep this change in his live shows... That's all. we do not have to listen HE-LT-WAG medly any more, risking his voice in pain.  

Edited by Yuna
  • Like 1

Yeah his new songs are not going up and down dramatically, not like LT, WAG or Rain things. But it sounds very delicious! His voice tune is very sweet and delicious without that rollercoaster falsetto. I love that point and hope he could keep this change in his live shows... That's all. we do not have to listen HE-LT-WAG medly any more, risking his voice in pain.  

I agree with you, Yuna. I love his falsetto but like you said his voice is sweet and delicious even without it and I think he is lucky to have a voice like that and that people will understand if he needs to make changes in the setlist.  I'm worried about him. He wouldn't cancel shows unless it's serious and I just hope he will feel better very soon. 

• Like 1

I agree with you, Yuna. I love his falsetto but like you said his voice is sweet and delicious even without it and I think he is lucky to have a voice like that and that people will understand if he needs to make changes in the setlist.  I'm worried about him. He wouldn't cancel shows unless it's serious and I just hope he will feel better very soon. 

That is my opinion too. For a long time I found myself admiring his low voice much more that the high. And this year he uses it flawlessly. For example, the low lines in LP are perfect in every way. So if it is necessary, I'd gladly refuse to hear Love Today and something like this at the gigs. His low voice is so velvet and penetrating, hope to hear it more  :yes:

• Like 2

That is my opinion too. For a long time I found myself admiring his low voice much more that the high. And this year he uses it flawlessly. For example, the low lines in LP are perfect in every way. So if it is necessary, I'd gladly refuse to hear Love Today and something like this at the gigs. His low voice is so velvet and penetrating, hope to hear it more  :yes:

Me too, I absolutely love it and I'm so glad he's using it more and more

• Like 2

Really sad news for Chinese fans. But He really made a right choice even if it's very hurtful.

Meanwhile, he and his team should seriously face and see why it happened, why his voice got bad after just a couple of shows in Asia.

My theory is, I've followed up his career and live shows since 2009. And of course watched how he performed in 2007 and 2008 also.

So I could recognize that his voice and throat is not that of his 20's. Never could keep strong after consecutive songs such as Happy Ending - Love Today - WAG.

In the showcase in Seoul, I heard his live and his voice was very good at first, but when he started Love Today.... I became very serious at my seat. I could recognize that he's struggling with the song. And WAG, unfortunately the next song he chose was WAG.. (damn) he tried, but the voice doesnt work good..and... yeah.. After the show I and some old fans seriously talked about this. And they felt the same.

It's not his fault. Many artists faces same problem as time goes by, and if a singer do not face this one and try hard to change the way he sings, he might loose his voice. I've seen many singers who sang very high and strong voice gets vocal nodule and loose his voice.

I really hope he could find his solution to get over this. He's excused to change his vocal range, the way he sings, too keep that voice forever. It's most important thing at this moment, far more important that featuring at damn X-Factor things.  

Phew. I really hope he could get good rest for a couple of days.   :tears:  Hope he's not that bad mood....and get over this.. 

The newer songs don't have the vocal acrobatics of previous albums, but that's really okay, because Mika's lower range is like delicious chocolate, melting over honey. It makes me melt. He doesn't need too much falsetto.Most of the new songs we've heard, from NPIH, don't have much falsetto, and those that do, like Talk About You and Good Wife, have falsetto in just the right place, and not too much.

As long as Mika looks after his voice and doesn't strain it with too much high stuff, I don't worry about him actually loosing his voice. As a trained singer myself (I took lessons from an opera singer in my teens) it's mainly a matter of exercising the voice before a long concert. Just like an Olympic athlete will do stretching exercises before competing, the vocal cords need a warm-up before the singer begins the gig, otherwise the voice can be strained.

But Mika is a trained singer and he knows all this himself. So I don't doubt that he takes care of his vocal instrument, it is, after all, how he mainly makes his living.

He's not well, and it's best he rests his body and his voice. I'm sure he'll re-schedule the concerts for his fans in China. I'm sure they understand the situation. 

• Like 6

I totally agree Marilyn - and that's why I expect NPIH to be MIKA's best alb. ever - very, very promising from what we've heard till now!!

I've always loved his lower voice songs so much, like AOW, Toy Boy and Heroes, among others -:) I'm sure MIKA knows what to do, to take care of his voice. But he's always so eager to please his fans - and acc. to the latest interviews, he's extremely happy with his gigs in Asia. So it's very easy to understrand, both the disappointment his fans feel, and even more his own frustration, about being forced to cancel gigs. But he'll surely be back soon, in good shape -:)

Love,love

me

• Like 2

The newer songs don't have the vocal acrobatics of previous albums, but that's really okay, because Mika's lower range is like delicious chocolate, melting over honey. It makes me melt. He doesn't need too much falsetto.Most of the new songs we've heard, from NPIH, don't have much falsetto, and those that do, like Talk About You and Good Wife, have falsetto in just the right place, and not too much.

As long as Mika looks after his voice and doesn't strain it with too much high stuff, I don't worry about him actually loosing his voice. As a trained singer myself (I took lessons from an opera singer in my teens) it's mainly a matter of exercising the voice before a long concert. Just like an Olympic athlete will do stretching exercises before competing, the vocal cords need a warm-up before the singer begins the gig, otherwise the voice can be strained.

But Mika is a trained singer and he knows all this himself. So I don't doubt that he takes care of his vocal instrument, it is, after all, how he mainly makes his living.

He's not well, and it's best he rests his body and his voice. I'm sure he'll re-schedule the concerts for his fans in China. I'm sure they understand the situation. 

that´s exactly what I think too. I don´t think his singing at the show view or the following concerts caused the problems now but being on planes a lot and lack of sleep and also doing two gigs in row when already ill are the reasons. And I think he knows what he does now.

• Like 1

that´s exactly what I think too. I don´t think his singing at the show view or the following concerts caused the problems now but being on planes a lot and lack of sleep and also doing two gigs in row when already ill are the reasons. And I think he knows what he does now.

I agree with you, He still has his voice, I heard it in Verboten, his first show in a long time, he reached the high notes in Relax twice without effort. However, after a lot gigs in a month with being on planes a lot and lack of sleep(also, jetlag!) really affect his health..

I agree with you, He still has his voice, I heard it in Verboten, his first show in a long time, he reached the high notes in Relax twice without effort. However, after a lot gigs in a month with being on planes a lot and lack of sleep(also, jetlag!) really affect his health..

Of course he still has his voice. In Montreal it sounded better than ever  :wub:  But some of his songs are hard to sing and it's not wrong to avoid them if he is feeling not well :dunno: I hope he takes care of his health. I mean, does he ever sleep? When exactly?? I'm tired after my trips and he does it all the time and for him it's work! Lol! 

Of course he still has his voice. In Montreal it sounded better than ever  :wub:  But some of his songs are hard to sing and it's not wrong to avoid them if he is feeling not well :dunno: I hope he takes care of his health. I mean, does he ever sleep? When exactly?? I'm tired after my trips and he does it all the time and for him it's work! Lol! 

he doesn't even have to avoid the songs... he could simply adjust them. like he always says, he keeps changing the songs after they are released on the album, as they're always unfinished. either way, i hope he gets well soon! he's had such problems before (e.g. cancelled london gigs in 2007), so i guess he knows how to deal with it.

• Like 2

There isn't any reason why he can't continue to sing the falsetto in songs, he just needs to get his vocal coach back, and do the exercises he is set. Jimmy Sommerville who was in Bronski Beat, has just bought out a new album, and he is still singing purely falsetto, like he always has, because he keeps on top of making sure his voice is in good condition.

• Like 2

he doesn't even have to avoid the songs... he could simply adjust them. like he always says, he keeps changing the songs after they are released on the album, as they're always unfinished. either way, i hope he gets well soon! he's had such problems before (e.g. cancelled london gigs in 2007), so i guess he knows how to deal with it.

He avoided singing some higher parts in Osaka (for example in Relax) and said he already didn't feel well that time. But yes, hope he gets well soon! 

Edited by tiibet

The newer songs don't have the vocal acrobatics of previous albums, but that's really okay, because Mika's lower range is like delicious chocolate, melting over honey. It makes me melt. 

It's what I felt in 2009 (if I'm not mistaken) when he was singing Let It Snow in Japan Secret Gig! 

• Like 1

I can only say that I'm in love with his cover of ''We'll be coming back'', his voice is veeery low in some parts and it gives me goosebumps every single time. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, but in case you don't, here it is

• Like 7

I can only say that I'm in love with his cover of ''We'll be coming back'', his voice is veeery low in some parts and it gives me goosebumps every single time. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, but in case you don't, here it is

Yes I love that cover too! I wouldn't mind if he would sing lower from now on, like the pre-choruses of Last Party, it's delicious.

I agree with what others have said, taking singing lessons myself, he should keep training his falsetto to keep it strong. It's like sporting on a high level, keep that muscle trained and under constant supervision.

But perhaps he's just sick and it hit his vocal chords. Whatever it is, it's good that he's resting now and I hope he will get well soon and be in better shape than ever.

I'd been to Mika's first gig in Beijing. Now my feeling's really complicated. I've been a fan of his since his 1st album and knowing he'd come to China to perform just sounds to good to be true for me! A small gig like that  of Mika's is actually on my bucket list. I still can't believe it happened!

it is really sad to know that he didn't feel well after he has to play 2 shows in Beijing that night. He could just cancel Beijing if suddenly he is told that he can't play at that venue for 1000 people,not mention that he's already not feeling well at that time. But he chose to play 2 shows instead just not to disappoint every single one!

I just want to tell Mika that we had plenty of time waiting for him to come back. We concern much more about his voice and health than if some gigs are canceled.

• Like 2

I love this one too. Love, love, love his voice in it :wub:  It's probably the most watched Mika video for me.

Does this fit here?? Eric Nam 에릭남 (Kpop idol/MC) posted a photo with MIKA on his Instagram

post-19446-0-20827800-1433235654.jpg post-19446-0-90690300-1433235663.jpg post-19446-0-45320700-1433235673.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/3aC8H9BcVb/

Well I made a thread in this forum... the instagram means the guy had an interview with Mika and that will be posted in this weekend. HE's young but No.1 famous professional interviewer in Korea and his interview skill is outstanding. Looking forward to see it soon!!

• Like 1

I don't travel on planes often, but years ago, when I went to Yugoslavia (before it changed it's name) I came home and got the worst virus I'd ever had. Then when my hubby and I went to Spain about 3 and a half years ago, I got another one when I got home and so did my hubby.

I tend to think it's because, on a plane you have a sealed environment, so anyone coughing and sneezing are spreading germs that can't escape.

But again, about Mika's voice. No one should panic about it. Everyone looses their voice when the get a cold, flue, or whatever. I actually think he's sounded even better than ever recently and he will again, very soon.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I'm so sorry for his health's conditions...but I'm pretty sure he'll come back very soon! I'm a singer and I know that problems like this are very common for us. I don't know if Mika had been training his voice during XF/The voice..I hope so! :rollingpin: 
 This problem could be related to a simply cold...but it could be related to a long time without training too! He didn't sing a lot in past months and retake this rhythm, with a lot of  gigs , is such an hard thing to do! :unsure:   I hope he get well very soon...his voice is very important! It's all for him..
About Mika's falsetto I think that it's a Mika's peculiarity..but I love so much when he sings lower than the normal way! ^_^ The cover posted here is amazing...I love Mika because he can sing whatever he wants...always in a perfect way! I also think, anyway, that Mika mustn't stretch too much his voice when he's in this conditions.. :wags_finger:

• Like 1

Well I made a thread in this forum... the instagram means the guy had an interview with Mika and that will be posted in this weekend. HE's young but No.1 famous professional interviewer in Korea and his interview skill is outstanding. Looking forward to see it soon!!

I'm a fan of Eric, both his music and After School Club, I agree he's amazing at interviewing!! I think MIKA would like his humour too, it will be good I'm sure!