Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

MIKA's FACEBOOK STATUS

‘I still believe in mystery and I don’t feel like I have to justify anything about my life anymore. Because it is all in my songs. Songwriting for me is a way of catching up with myself.’ #‎MikaQuotes‬

Like this quote!

I see that on Twitter many fans are asking Mika to take part to this ASL Ice Bucket Challenge.

I have very mixed feeling about this campain and would prefer him not to take part in it, as it's now really too mediatic imo.

Like this quote!

I see that on Twitter many fans are asking Mika to take part to this ASL Ice Bucket Challenge.

I have very mixed feeling about this campain and would prefer him not to take part in it, as it's now really too mediatic imo.

same for me. I wouldn´t do that myself and I never would expect anyone to experience that torture :blink:

You don't challenge people by nagging someone you don't know on Twitter. :doh: You are supposed to take the challenge yourself, challenge your friends and DONATE MONEY.

Not sure what mediatic means but yeah I have mixed feelings about it too because my dad had ALS. Some of the videos have been great and informing people what it's about. Others (I'm looking at you Bieber) are just an attention seeking ploy with no mention of fundraising or the cause.

You don't challenge people by nagging someone you don't know on Twitter. :doh: You are supposed to take the challenge yourself, challenge your friends and DONATE MONEY.

Not sure what mediatic means but yeah I have mixed feelings about it too because my dad had ALS. Some of the videos have been great and informing people what it's about. Others (I'm looking at you Bieber) are just an attention seeking ploy with no mention of fundraising or the cause.

:blush-anim-cl: Was trying to say that for most (famous) people, important is unfortunately to draw attention to themselves and not to ALS. So we agree on this

I am thinking of doing it, and introducing it with a short history of the organisations from both sides of the Atlantic, and links to donate money to, and then do the challenge.

YES, what's highlighted in red is the drill!

S0, you do it yourself, after being nominated, and then nominate someone else to do it.

HERE ARE THE RULES ::

http://www.mtv.com/news/1904680/ice-bucket-challenge-rules/

[YouTube]iwPjMv2c7V0[/YouTube]

The ALSA WEB SITE :

http://alsa.org/

Edited by A. Clay

Hm, it's okay to give money for good things but in my eyes that ice bucket thing is stupid and rubbish:doh:

Well it was started by an ALS sufferer and his friend, so I guess there was a reason behind it.

I just found this on Facebook, thanks to Caroline, who is an MFCer, who isn't on here much. But THIS is probably the BEST ice bucket challenge of them all, and you MUST watch til the end to get why most people are doing this.

http://sun-gazing.com/this-is-the-last-ice-bucket-challenge-you-need-to-see-trust-me-this-one-is-different/

Edited by RAK1

Well it was started by an ALS sufferer and his friend, so I guess there was a reason behind it.

I just found this on Facebook, thanks to Caroline, who is an MFCer, who isn't on here much. But THIS is probably the BEST ice bucket challenge of them all, and you MUST watch til the end to get why most people are doing this.

http://sun-gazing.com/this-is-the-last-ice-bucket-challenge-you-need-to-see-trust-me-this-one-is-different/

The 'Ice Bucket Challenge' 2014 campaign has been exceedingly successful.

Washington, D.C. (August 20, 2014) —

'As of Wednesday, August 20, The ALS Association has received $31.5 million in donations compared

to $1.9 million during the same time period last year

(July 29 to August 20). These donations have come from existing donors and 637,527 new donors to The Association.'

Participants seem to be enjoying the heck out of the associated antics.

Edited by A. Clay

Here are three participants (I've especially enjoyed) that have played a part

in the campaign's success :

[YOUTUBE]DepakUSDtQE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FUkKxPXB-Eg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_XOgsIAUpxI&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by A. Clay

Anyway, Fedez seems to have just challenged Mika to do it... :mf_rosetinted:

OK, we now have an official challenge for MIKA

to do the

'Ice bucket challenge' >--->

Tah Dah.

You now have 24 hours, MIKA !

Edited by A. Clay

Our president and Conchita Wurst refused to do it :teehee:

But, of course, they donated...:wink2:

Yeah, isn't it the deal that if you don't do the ice bucket thing, you have to donate 100$? Think that would help the good cause more than people pouring ice water over their heads. :dunno: meanwhile it's all over the media anyway, so whether one celeb more or less does it, probably doesn't make a difference. I think Mika might just donate instead of doing the ice water thing.

Btw, how will he know about this? If he's buried in the studio again, Fedez will have to call him in person, and even then I'm not sure whether he'll know it within 24 hours. :fisch:

Well he's accepted now. Let's hope it doesn't go the way of posting his holiday pics. :mf_rosetinted:

Mellody the people who do the challenge are also supposed to donate anyway (suggested minimum of $10). And they nominate 4 other people. So it keeps growing exponentially and one person doing the ice bucket challenge is going to generate far more than $100 as long as everyone does what they are supposed to. It doesn't have to be a celebrity creating a lot of publicity. Even if regular people do it should generate donations.

I'm not sure this campaign will raise real awareness about ALS and of course I don't know if Mika will take part to it, but the tweet should come from him in person because it contains a spelling mistake :wink2:

Anyway this ice bucket thing cannot not do wrong

Well he's accepted now. Let's hope it doesn't go the way of posting his holiday pics. :mf_rosetinted:

Mellody the people who do the challenge are also supposed to donate anyway (suggested minimum of $10). And they nominate 4 other people. So it keeps growing exponentially and one person doing the ice bucket challenge is going to generate far more than $100 as long as everyone does what they are supposed to. It doesn't have to be a celebrity creating a lot of publicity. Even if regular people do it should generate donations.

ah ok, thanks for explaining. i didn't know you also have to donate if you do the ice bucket thing. and you can only nominate in this case, not if you just donate? that makes more sense then.

and obviously mika has seen it, since he tweeted about it. :teehee: looking forward to that video then, and to who he'll nominate. :biggrin2:

and i agree about the holiday pix... :naughty:

I'm not sure this campaign will raise real awareness about ALS and of course I don't know if Mika will take part to it, but the tweet should come from him in person because it contains a spelling mistake :wink2:

Anyway this ice bucket thing cannot not do wrong

I think it is raising a fair bit of awareness, I've been reading up on it over the last couple of days, and it made me want to do the challenge, and donate too.