HELLO AGAIN FROM THE WILD

So, update:

Good news: I - and most of my stuff - lived through Hurricane Matthew.

Bad news: My house did not.

The flood was just high enough to bring about 6 inches of water into my house, and completely flood the area underneath my house, thereby flooding the heating/air conditioning system and completely ruining the floors. As it was an old mobile home, the floorboards were made of particle board and it all disintegrated when it got wet. The expression I have been using is that the floors in my house are "melting", because it's the only word I can find which conveys the correct image of what's happening. We don't own the house, so thankfully it's not our loss, but the landlord has decided the damage will be too costly to repair in such an old and generally not valuable house, and so has decided to demolish it. So I have spent the last several days moving, and not only that but moving out of a house where the floors are falling through. It has not been a good week for me. I got so sad when I took the M Heart down off my wall. I've lived in this house for about 6 years (which is a long time for my life) and had grown extremely attached to it. On top of this, my grandmother is having health problems 3 states away, so with all the driving back and forth I will have been in the car for a total of ~1440 miles and ~24 hours by the time October is over. I'm currently living with my other grandparents while we househunt and try to sort things out. I'm very stressed and am honestly no fun to be around right now :lmfao:

To be completely honestly, Mika is currently keeping me sane. He's a little spark of sunshine in my currently very cloudy life<3 I don't now how I would be doing any of this without my wonderful friends (paging Sonelle) and Mika.

I can't imagine how stressed you are right now.  Hope everything gets better and that you get a lovely new place to stay soon. :hug: 

Wait what, is the dvd only available in France? :o I hope not! I reeally hope it will come available online here as well (on the place where I buy all my Mika stuff) :pray:

Edit: I checked and I think it's available in a few countries from what I can see. Sadly I don't have any of the payment options, so I can't get it from the site that is linked.. <_<

Maybe we can get it on amazon one day? :crossed:

Oh no. Luckely is wasn't really 'your' house, but still! :( I'm sure you'll find a new place to stay soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good to know you're still safe! Where would we be without Mika right? :) Stay strong! :hug:

What :shocked::( Aww...

Oh no, so sorry... :( But at least you are safe! That's the main thing! I know that people cling to the things they own and stuff, but finally all that counts is that you are alive and healthy.

It's great that Mika gives you the strength to keep going and not giving up! :)

Ah, I understand that this must be really hard for you :( At least you still have all you things! I hope things will get easier soon. *hugs* <3

I can't imagine how stressed you are right now.  Hope everything gets better and that you get a lovely new place to stay soon. :hug:

Thank you all <3 we finished moving all our stuff out of the house today. 7 hour day of moving, absolutely exhausting. But, we're done now, so I finally get to rest some! Plus, when we go back to see my grandmother, I'm going to get to go to the state fair which I loved as a child. I'm really looking forward to that  :)

can someone please tell me what paging is?

"paging" someone is another way to say you're calling them. It's a term usually used over announcement systems, especially in hospitals ("Paging Dr. Moore" means "please come here, Dr. Moore.) In other contexts it's just a funny way to call someone, often if there's something related to them being discussed or there's something they should see. For example: "The new Valentino Collection is out! Paging Mika..." It became super popular as a term when people had pocket pagers.

Thank you all <3 we finished moving all our stuff out of the house today. 7 hour day of moving, absolutely exhausting. But, we're done now, so I finally get to rest some! Plus, when we go back to see my grandmother, I'm going to get to go to the state fair which I loved as a child. I'm really looking forward to that  :)

"paging" someone is another way to say you're calling them. It's a term usually used over announcement systems, especially in hospitals ("Paging Dr. Moore" means "please come here, Dr. Moore.) In other contexts it's just a funny way to call someone, often if there's something related to them being discussed or there's something they should see. For example: "The new Valentino Collection is out! Paging Mika..." It became super popular as a term when people had pocket pagers.

about time someone told me. thanks.

Does anyone here remember meeeeee? Hello!

Hi! :bye:

Thank you all <3 we finished moving all our stuff out of the house today. 7 hour day of moving, absolutely exhausting. But, we're done now, so I finally get to rest some! Plus, when we go back to see my grandmother, I'm going to get to go to the state fair which I loved as a child. I'm really looking forward to that :)

:hug: it'll all be good at at the end!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Like always! :naughty:

Nobody talks ...

I'm back home since yesterday ! I haven't been able to come back home since the first day of school ! So i am really happy !

Swooping in with a random one - does anyone know/remember who makes these Chibi Mika clay necklaces? This photo is a crop from an instagram picture - it's mika's shirt you're looking at! He's wearing one! The pic isn't getting passed around insta all that much and the necklace is rather hard to spot in the original pic, so I think it would be very easy for the person who made these to never know. But I want to make sure I get this pic to the person who made them! I know I've seen them before but I don't know where. Does anyone know who the artist was?

2016_10_23_23_55_43.jpg

(Original instagram post: https://instagram.com/p/BL7JXWFgNN0/ )

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 1

Swooping in with a random one - does anyone know/remember who makes these Chibi Mika clay necklaces? This photo is a crop from an instagram picture - it's mika's shirt you're looking at! He's wearing one! The pic isn't getting passed around insta all that much and the necklace is rather hard to spot in the original pic, so I think it would be very easy for the person who made these to never know. But I want to make sure I get this pic to the person who made them! I know I've seen them before but I don't know where. Does anyone know who the artist was?

2016_10_23_23_55_43.jpg

Hmmm no I don't know who makes them. :( But they are so cute indeed! :wub2:

That's good to hear! :)) have fun!

2016_10_23_23_55_43.jpg

hmm, I don't know who made this! It's so cool tho! would love to have one 

How could you? :glasses2:

I hope you had a great time! :biggrin2:

I had a good time, actually.  Recently I've been participating in a writing mentoring scheme, where a writer has been giving me advice on my stories.  We've been chatting online but we met for the first time today and she's really nice. :) 

I kinda want to follow her on Twitter but I'm a bit worried in case she sees all my Mika tweets and thinks I'm crazy. :aah: 

I had a good time, actually.  Recently I've been participating in a writing mentoring scheme, where a writer has been giving me advice on my stories.  We've been chatting online but we met for the first time today and she's really nice. :)

I kinda want to follow her on Twitter but I'm a bit worried in case she sees all my Mika tweets and thinks I'm crazy. :aah:

Oh that does sound really nice! :)

Nah, your tweets aren't crazy. Did you see mine? :naughty:

I had a good time, actually. Recently I've been participating in a writing mentoring scheme, where a writer has been giving me advice on my stories. We've been chatting online but we met for the first time today and she's really nice. :)

That's cool. :D:thumb_yello:

Hahaha well that's the struggle of being Mika-addicted. :lmao:

Oh that does sound really nice! :)

Nah, your tweets aren't crazy. Did you see mine? :naughty:

Yeah, I did.  They're not much crazier than mine, to be honest. :aah: 

That's cool. :D:thumb_yello:

Hahaha well that's the struggle of being Mika-addicted. :lmao:

Hahaha indeed! :D 

I have some more good news.  The other day, my aunty was in a shop and spotted LICM and NPIH, so she bought them both!  Obviously, this is great because I never see Mika's albums in Scottish shops, so it's good that they're finally stocking them.  Better late than never! :) 

My aunty hasn't actually heard much of Mika's music, but she said she liked Grace Kelly and Talk About You so she decided to buy two albums.  I really hope she enjoys them.  I'm doing my best to brainwash my family! :D