Downtime with no housemate and her kiddos, it's not bad.

All this talk of fonts got me looking at that site. Can you remind me, since it's been over a decade, how I add fonts to my computer? I'm getting a little carried away with some of the ones I like...

Just a head's up... if you go to the bottom of the current page, it'll tell you who's reading it. It won't say who's online, but who just happens to be on the page at that moment. Thought I'd let you know. :)

Thanks, but people can still be online even if they aren't visiting the thread. That's the function I'm missing, to be able to see if the person is online with out leaving the thread. :dunno:

Well that just goes to show how much I know about Swedish authors :aah: 

I LOVE CHILDREN'S BOOKS. Okay. I'm gonna do the thing. 

what to heck i swear im not typing that way I SWEAR IT IS COMIC SANS 

okay i'm just going to not but whenever you get to a computer you will see and you will believe me then 

Good idea! I'll do that!

Well she's famous but not world wide famous, a couple of tv-shows and movies. She's not writing high class literature, mostly crime stories. :wink2:

I don't know if you can find all of her books in English, but she's written books that are way way better than Pippi Longstocking. I probably think they are better than they are because I grew up with them :aah:

I believe you! I used mfc on my phone and then it was written in the real comic sans :blink:

Great :thumbs_up:

Thanks, but people can still be online even if they aren't visiting the thread. That's the function I'm missing, to be able to see if the person is online with out leaving the thread. :dunno:

I figured but thought that might help some folks, at least...

It was cold today & there was hailstones which i got caught in so wasn't very nice :aah:

ah that is ok,there  is only three of them tho :aah:

I'm everyone's first scottish person to meet if live outside of UK it would seem :aah:

Perhaps you're an endangered species. I know at least three or four people from every other country in the UK... :mf_rosetinted: and in scotland, it's just you. :aah: 

Edited by StarryEyed<3

Downtime with no housemate and her kiddos, it's not bad.

All this talk of fonts got me looking at that site. Can you remind me, since it's been over a decade, how I add fonts to my computer? I'm getting a little carried away with some of the ones I like...

That sounds really nice~ I'm sorry I can't help you much on the fonts issue, though! I don't remember off of the top of my head, since I don't do it much. If no one else here knows, the best advice I could give you is to google around a bit. I'm sure you could find loads of tutorials. 

Well she's famous but not world wide famous, a couple of tv-shows and movies. She's not writing high class literature, mostly crime stories. :wink2:

I don't know if you can find all of her books in English, but she's written books that are way way better than Pippi Longstocking. I probably think they are better than they are because I grew up with them :aah:

I believe you! I used mfc on my phone and then it was written in the real comic sans :blink:

Great :thumbs_up:

Well if she's not world famous there's not a high likelihood her books would be in English, which explains why I don't know her, I guess. :naughty: 

Oh, is that so? Which is your favourite? :teehee: 

I have no idea what'd be causing your ipad to screw up that way. Maybe something about the way it's coded? Weird. Weird. Weird. 

DUDE. THERE ARE NOTIFICATIONS WHEN PEOPLE POST NEW THINGS, NOW. This is such a win. Best new function of the site hands down

That sounds really nice~ I'm sorry I can't help you much on the fonts issue, though! I don't remember off of the top of my head, since I don't do it much. If no one else here knows, the best advice I could give you is to google around a bit. I'm sure you could find loads of tutorials. 

Probably. It's just been years since I did it.

Yeah the green light to show if someone's on or not I do miss myself actually..

It was a nice feature.

I figured but thought that might help some folks, at least...

It does, it's better than nothing (:

Well if she's not world famous there's not a high likelihood her books would be in English, which explains why I don't know her, I guess. :naughty:

Oh, is that so? Which is your favourite? :teehee:

I have no idea what'd be causing your ipad to screw up that way. Maybe something about the way it's coded? Weird. Weird. Weird.

DUDE. THERE ARE NOTIFICATIONS WHEN PEOPLE POST NEW THINGS, NOW. This is such a win. Best new function of the site hands down

Apparently her books have been translated to ver 30 languages :aah:

I haven't actually read my favourite one, I think :aah: But they showed the movie all the time on the TV when I was little. It's called: Bröderna Lejonhjärta witch would be something like: The Lionhearts brothers in english :teehee:

Probably, it's very weird.

WAIT WHAT! HOW!? :blink:

Edited by Lilasko

It was a nice feature.

It does, it's better than nothing (:

Apparently her books have been translated to ver 30 languages :aah:

I haven't actually read my favourite one, I think :aah: But they showed the movie all the time on the TV when I was little. It's called: Bröderna Lejonhjärta witch would be something like: The Lionhearts brothers in english :teehee:

Probably, it's very weird.

WAIT WHAT! HOW!? :blink:

Yes! The Brothers Lionheart. I found it hehehehehehehehe 

I don't know! Next time it happens, I'll take a screenshot. It's just a little text box that shows up at the top of the browser and it says smth like "there are x new posts" and with a button that says "show" 

I'm one of those people you can't let loose in a stationer's, office supply or art supply.

I never seem to leave empty handed. The wallet, however, is often missing currency at the stay's end.

Yes! The Brothers Lionheart. I found it hehehehehehehehe

I don't know! Next time it happens, I'll take a screenshot. It's just a little text box that shows up at the top of the browser and it says smth like "there are x new posts" and with a button that says "show"

So it's translate to English then :teehee: The name sounds really odd in English though, I think it sounds better if lionhearts comes before brothers, but English is not my mother tongue so what do I know :aah:

Yes, please do that. I've never seen it.

I'm one of those people you can't let loose in a stationer's, office supply or art supply.

I never seem to leave empty handed. The wallet, however, is often missing currency at the stay's end.

I'm the same when it comes to bookshops :naughty: But you just have to think that the books/things need a new home :teehee:

So it's translate to English then :teehee: The name sounds really odd in English though, I think it sounds better if lionhearts comes before brothers, but English is not my mother tongue so what do I know :aah:

Yes, please do that. I've never seen it.

Here's the thing, it SEEMS like it should be that way, but in actuality it doesn't really make a difference, to me. The way it reads is kind of the same. OK!

I'm like that with bookstores too. Back home I had two 6' bookshelves and two 5' ones, all double-loaded. And yet I couldn't stop buying more.

You always need books! I counted mine and apparently I had 247 ones :aah: That's way too many I'll never be able to decide which ones to leave beside when I move :sad:

Grace you should also read:

Lotta on troublemaker street

Seacrow Island and

Mardie

:teehee:

I'm thirding the "can't help self at bookstores" thing. And heck yes, I will! I just have to finish annotating Gatsby. Then I'll be free all summer, books-wise. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by StarryEyed<3

Here's the thing, it SEEMS like it should be that way, but in actuality it doesn't really make a difference, to me. The way it reads is kind of the same. OK!

Oh really, that's a good thing to know actually!

It only works one way in Swedish. You can't say the lionhearts brothers without sounding like an idiot.

Oh really, that's a good thing to know actually!

It only works one way in Swedish. You can't say the lionhearts brothers without sounding like an idiot.

Well, I guess it's just a word order thing. It's almost like slightly less formal when you say it that way, and then "The Brothers Lionheart" is more formal/antiquated but it's def. an internalized structure (i.e. The Brothers Grimm, no one would EVER say The Grimm Brothers even though that's grammatically correct). 

• Like 1