I had to leave almost all of mine behind when I moved. Will be nice when I can finally get them here.

Oh no that's horrible, I dread the day when I have to do the same...

I'm thirding the "can't help self at bookstores" thing. And heck yes, I will! I just have to finish annotating Gatsby. Then I'll be free all summer, books-wise. :mf_rosetinted:

:yay:

So you're reading Gatsby, is it any good?

Well, I guess it's just a word order thing. It's almost like slightly less formal when you say it that way, and then "The Brothers Lionheart" is more formal/antiquated but it's def. an internalized structure (i.e. The Brothers Grimm, no one would EVER say The Grimm Brothers even though that's grammatically correct).

I see, so I'm at least not completely wrong then :teehee:

You're mistaken. I would :aah:

6MmSaTi.png

Nice! It probably doesn't work on Ipad :/ :aah:

Why can't you multiquote if you use the mobile version? ):

I see, so I'm at least not completely wrong then :teehee:

You're mistaken. I would :aah:

Nice! It probably doesn't work on Ipad :/ :aah:

Why can't you multiquote if you use the mobile version? ):

well, maybe you would, but it would sound very, very weird. :naughty: 

Probably not. Bluh. also beats me, multiquote isnt working on desktop either. B L U H 

Oh no that's horrible, I dread the day when I have to do the same...

:yay:

So you're reading Gatsby, is it any good?

Oh man, I love Gatsby. I've read it a few times before this, i just have to probably do something with it for school so i'm going back through. I definitely recommend it! One of the American classics, you know how that works. 

Oh man, I love Gatsby. I've read it a few times before this, i just have to probably do something with it for school so i'm going back through. I definitely recommend it! One of the American classics, you know how that works.

It's on my to read list but I've dread it because I thought Lolita was so boring :aah: ( I know it's not the same author but they are both classics etc.)

Well I might give it a try then. I trust you on this :teehee:

well, maybe you would, but it would sound very, very weird. :naughty:

Probably not. Bluh. also beats me, multiquote isnt working on desktop either. B L U H

the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers,the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers :naughty:

It sucks, and it's like the most important feature :sad:

I've been watching the original version of The Office lately and never in my life have i felt so American than in the first few episodes of watching that show.

Is ut really that different?

It's on my to read list but I've dread it because I thought Lolita was so boring :aah: ( I know it's not the same author but they are both classics etc.)

Well I might give it a try then. I trust you on this :teehee:

the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers,the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers, the Grimm Brothers :naughty:

It sucks, and it's like the most important feature :sad:

I've not read Lolita. But what I can tell you is that despite some "formal" language, the tone of Gatsby is very different to most classic literature. Actually, I'd say that classic American lit is written almost exclusively in that tone, depending on the area and time period it was written in. It's a bit stuffy but purposefully so; it serves the purpose of establishing the characters' background, in this particular work. The method of delivery, if you will, is extremely straightforward, and the humour is quite dry. I think you'll find it easier on the eyes than most other classics you might have read. :wink2: 

THAT SOUNDS SO WRONG. what are u doin to me. 

I figured it ouuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttt somehow. I dont know how, but somehow. 

Is ut really that different?

Here's the thing. It's not really "different," per se. Like, the American version of the show was modeled directly off of the original one with similar casts and storylines and blah blah blah. But it FEELS very different because the American sense of humor and the British sense of humor are, well, let's just say... very distinct. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by StarryEyed<3

I've not read Lolita. But what I can tell you is that despite some "formal" language, the tone of Gatsby is very different to most classic literature. Actually, I'd say that classic American lit is written almost exclusively in that tone, depending on the area and time period it was written in. It's a bit stuffy but purposefully so; it serves the purpose of establishing the characters' background, in this particular work. The method of delivery, if you will, is extremely straightforward, and the humour is quite dry. I think you'll find it easier on the eyes than most other classics you might have read. :wink2:

THAT SOUNDS SO WRONG. what are u doin to me.

I figured it ouuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttt somehow. I dont know how, but somehow.

Here's the thing. It's not really "different," per se. Like, the American version of the show was modeled directly off of the original one with similar casts and storylines and blah blah blah. But it FEELS very different because the American sense of humor and the British sense of humor are, well, let's just say... very distinct. :mf_rosetinted:

Well neither have I because I never finished it. Didn't have the patience :/ :aah: Well it sounds like something I might like actually. Dry humour is my type of humour :naughty: I like straight forward books that are not trying to over analyse every situation. Loved to kill a mockingbird :wub2:

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE :das: :das:

Please figure it out how to do it on the phone too. Please!

Ah I see! I have just watched one episode of the British series so I have nothing to compare to. But I've always thought that British humour is more funny, it's my type of humour. But didn't think it was that much of a difference.

Edited by Lilasko

Well neither have I because I never finished it. Didn't have the patience :/ :aah: Well it sounds like something I might like actually. Dry humour is my type of humour :naughty: I like straight forward books that are not trying to over analyse every situation. Loved to kill a mockingbird :wub2:

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE :das: :das:

Please figure it out how to do it on the phone too. Please!

Ah I see! I have just watched one episode of the British series so I have nothing to compare to. But I've always thought that British humour is more funny, it's my type of humour. But didn't think it was that much of a difference.

Coincidentally, that's how I felt about To Kill a Mockingbird :mf_rosetinted::naughty: Yes ye s dry humour is everything. Dry humour and stupid funny characters and beautiful words you will love it 

STOP :das:ing me you NERD 

I will! I just need to charge mine, and I (the Techno Wiz Kid) will figure it out if there's a way to do it. 

Okay, see, American humour is dorky as heck. It panders. It also tends to be more, shall we say, politically correct... :mf_rosetinted: And just generally I feel like American Humour : British Humour : : Dogs : Cats ya feelin this sick analogy

Danke :mf_rosetinted: Now I'll just have to learn old English :mf_rosetinted:

Coincidentally, that's how I felt about To Kill a Mockingbird :mf_rosetinted::naughty: Yes ye s dry humour is everything. Dry humour and stupid funny characters and beautiful words you will love it 

STOP :das:ing me you NERD 

I will! I just need to charge mine, and I (the Techno Wiz Kid) will figure it out if there's a way to do it. 

Okay, see, American humour is dorky as heck. It panders. It also tends to be more, shall we say, politically correct... :mf_rosetinted: And just generally I feel like American Humour : British Humour : : Dogs : Cats ya feelin this sick analogy

How can you say something like that :shun: It's one of my all time favourites :wub2:

Oh yes :naughty: Now I have to like it, feel like I'm letting you down otherwise.

Never :shu: :das: :das: :das:

Thank you Techno Wiz Kid. If I knew the name of the begging smiley I would insert it here. :mf_rosetinted:

I see! But a British show you have to see if you haven't already is: the inbetweeners. I laughed so much, and it's absolutely not pk (as we say in Sweden (an abbreviation for: politiskt korrekt/politically correct))

Danke :mf_rosetinted: Now I'll just have to learn old English :mf_rosetinted:

How can you say something like that :shun: It's one of my all time favourites :wub2:

Oh yes :naughty: Now I have to like it, feel like I'm letting you down otherwise.

Never :shu: :das: :das: :das:

Thank you Techno Wiz Kid. If I knew the name of the begging smiley I would insert it here. :mf_rosetinted:

I see! But a British show you have to see if you haven't already is: the inbetweeners. I laughed so much, and it's absolutely not pk (as we say in Sweden (an abbreviation for: politiskt korrekt/politically correct))

Okay, if you think Gatsby is old English, I have some disappointing news for you: it's actually pretty informal. 

Because it bored the heck out of me while I was reading it the first time, that's how. :mf_rosetinted: But if you want to defend it, now's the time :naughty: 

:mf_rosetinted: 

OOH Okay! I'll watch it! I've got some free time on my hands, so why not. (ps i knew what you meant when you said pk anyways because we say PC and hey, that's like, the same thing) 

Okay, if you think Gatsby is old English, I have some disappointing news for you: it's actually pretty informal. 

Because it bored the heck out of me while I was reading it the first time, that's how. :mf_rosetinted: But if you want to defend it, now's the time :naughty: 

OOH Okay! I'll watch it! I've got some free time on my hands, so why not. (ps i knew what you meant when you said pk anyways because we say PC and hey, that's like, the same thing)

It's old for me okay :mf_rosetinted:

I do not understand, you're mad. I won't listen to this nonsens :shun: Have you read the book thief?

The British version :aah: Not everyone will love it, but I laughed so much I woke my sister up, and I usually never laugh at movies :aah: But yeah it is special, and so is my humour :naughty: I thought you would I just wanted to make sure :aah:

It's old for me okay :mf_rosetinted:

I do not understand, you're mad. I won't listen to this nonsens :shun: Have you read the book thief?

The British version :aah: Not everyone will love it, but I laughed so much I woke my sister up, and I usually never laugh at movies :aah: But yeah it is special, and so is my humour :naughty: I thought you would I just wanted to make sure :aah:

Well YOU'RE old. So there. :mf_rosetinted: 

No, I haven't read it. Bluh bluh bluh 

Of course. c: Well I don't normally laugh at much either, so I'm gonna take that as a good sign and go ahead! c: 

PS i'm totally trying to manipulate Ksen into showing up here and making a grand appearance lmao (how likely)

She misses us very much, she has too :mf_rosetinted:

Well YOU'RE old. So there. :mf_rosetinted: 

No, I haven't read it. Bluh bluh bluh 

Of course. c: Well I don't normally laugh at much either, so I'm gonna take that as a good sign and go ahead! c:

I'll pretend that that didn't hurt at all :mf_rosetinted:

I asked because I was curious. Now I'm hurt :shun:

And the you'll hate it and hate me :aah:

She misses us very much, she has too :mf_rosetinted:

I'll pretend that that didn't hurt at all :mf_rosetinted:

I asked because I was curious. Now I'm hurt :shun:

And the you'll hate it and hate me :aah:

I'll make sure to let her know you need her :naughty: i'm pretty sure she hasn't been back here once in two years. 

Sorry not sorry :mf_rosetinted:except i dont really have a right to call you old bc my crush is 20 anyways

Well the answer is still no :naughty: I wanted to at some point but then I remember looking it up and not feeling that interested. 

OK NO WAY. I'm gonna look it up literally right now just so i can confirm asap that i love it 

I'll make sure to let her know you need her :naughty: i'm pretty sure she hasn't been back here once in two years.

Sorry not sorry :mf_rosetinted:except i dont really have a right to call you old bc my crush is 20 anyways

Well the answer is still no :naughty: I wanted to at some point but then I remember looking it up and not feeling that interested.

OK NO WAY. I'm gonna look it up literally right now just so i can confirm asap that i love it

I need her very very much. How could she just leave :crybaby::mf_rosetinted:

Oooh :das: I'm intressed, is he/she hot? :das: 20 is nothing it's basically very very young :naughty: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

It's my favourite book written by one of my favourite authors :wub2: :wub2:

:yay: and please don't hate me.

I need her very very much. How could she just leave :crybaby::mf_rosetinted:

Oooh :das: I'm intressed, is he/she hot? :das: 20 is nothing it's basically very very young :naughty: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

It's my favourite book written by one of my favourite authors :wub2: :wub2:

:yay: and please don't hate me.

I don't know, but trust me, I'm on her like, well, you know. :mf_rosetinted: 

Oh pfft, of course he is. though he isn't from around here, so it'll be awhile on that luck. :aah: 

You know what that means? It means I should totally read it, that's what. Hehehe. 

I could never. *hairflip* 

Edited by StarryEyed<3

Oh pfft, of course he is. though he isn't from around here, so it'll be awhile on that luck. :aah: 

You know what that means? It means I should totally read it, that's what. Hehehe. 

Yeah but how cool is the internet

am I right

huh huh no okay

Tell her I need more good book recommendations :mf_rosetinted:

Oh good :naughty: Oh that's sad, where's he from? :das:.

:kachinga: And you must love it!

Thank you :mf_rosetinted:

Tell her I need more good book recommendations :mf_rosetinted:

Oh good :naughty: Oh that's sad, where's he from? :das:.

:kachinga: And you must love it!

Thank you :mf_rosetinted:

I'll make sure to pass the message along. :naughty: 

He's from Southern England. :pinkbow: 

I love most things, honestly, so I don't think that will be a problem for me. :naughty: :naughty: 

I'll make sure to pass the message along. :naughty: He's from Southern England. :pinkbow: 

I love most things, honestly, so I don't think that will be a problem for me. :naughty: :naughty:  :mf_rosetinted:

Great :naughty:

omg guys from England makes my heart melt :wub2: that and French guys with black curly hair. It's an excellent choice you've made :pinkbow:

I'll remember you've said that :mf_rosetinted::naughty: