dcdeb

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really very excited!! :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I think Mika is doing a great work as always, can't wait for this new album :mikalove:

"Staring at the sun" is a beautiful title, I like it... maybe it's the next single :wub2:

We dont know yet but it would be great! :wink2:

VERY excited, and very happy at these updates.

Looking forward to full on touring next year :blush-anim-cl:

Me too :woot_jump:

I missed my summer gig so much :blush-anim-cl: and reading your reports about other gigs as well :blush-anim-cl:

New album, new tour :biggrin2::excite::mikadas::mika1::mika3::mikalove::fangurl:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Very excited :fangurl:,

but also quite worried about it, don't know why... maybe because it will be my first release of an album since I'm a fan :blush-anim-cl:

The day before BBB was already very stressfull for me so I can imagine the day and night before the official release date :aah: ("will I like it?" "will people like it?" "will he be happy of people's reaction?" "and what if it's not good?")

Btw, are we sure that this "Staring at the sun :wub2: " is HIS song? It can't be a cover of U2, right? :tears:

but also quite worried about it, don't know why... maybe because it will be my first release of an album since I'm a fan :blush-anim-cl:

The day before BBB was already very stressfull for me so I can imagine the day and night before the official release date :aah: ("will I like it?" "will people like it?" "will he be happy of people's reaction?" "and what if it's not good?")

Btw, are we sure that this "Staring at the sun :wub2: " is HIS song? It can't be a cover of U2, right? :tears:

I really can't see Mika doing a cover version of a song on his album (a songwriter who can't even write enough songs for himself?).

It's quite common for artists to use song titles that other people have used, though the songs themselves are different.

I really can't see Mika doing a cover version of a song on his album (a songwriter who can't even write enough songs for himself?).

It's quite common for artists to use song titles that other people have used, though the songs themselves are different.

It is also a novel by Julian Barnes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staring_at_the_Sun_(novel) :original:

220px-StaringAtTheSun.jpg

I wish that I was really excited about it. But I'm not, up to now.

As things stand at the moment, no one in the UK will know he has an album out, so they won't buy it, so it won't be a hit.

Mika needs to re-connect with the UK again in order to get the publicity he needs for the album to be a success here.

When TOOL was released here, there was no advertising. Yes, he was on a few shows, but there was no blitz of publicity really, and no advertising. In Italy and France, there has been a consistency of publicity for Mika, because of the two talent shows. That's what he needs in the UK, something to raise his profile again. He also needs top radio stations to play his single, or else, even an English single won't do well.

I would love to be excited for the album, but I can't be, when I know it won't sell in my country.

I hope I'm proved wrong, and Mika does have plans for the place where the trees he planted grow.

Feel exactly the same BUT I think it gets worse every time you go through it

I remember Mika said he read one of his books a few years ago. I had to read 'Flaubert's parrot' when I was a student and I didn't really like it.

Yes, he did! :thumb_yello: It was "A History of the World in 10½ Chapters", if I'm not wrong.