Mika@Brussels - Mobistar concert - September 18th 2014

robertina

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I realize this report is extreeeemely late... Sorry for procrastinating about that :-) But I now have some time to send you my memories and pics of that amazing day!!

In the morning, I unfortunately had to work so no way for me to leave too early and be in the beginning of the queue but I managed to leave my job at around 11am which brought me to the Mobistar Center at around 12. I was expecting an awful queue and already had accepted the fact that I might be too late to get the chance to see him but I was happily surprised to see that the queue was ok :thumb_yello:

We waited for him about 1 hour and I was super excited when I saw him arriving!! It's just so amazing to see him so close! We then waited and waited what seemed very long for the first people to get out, beginning to think they'd close the line just before us, but we then learned that Mika had first taken some time to have lunch (sushis?) which explained why it was going so slow. I got some time to discuss with two other nice Mika fans so I had a great time. When we got in I was just over-excited, had never been so close to him! We were all stressed out about what to say, who to ask to take pics, etc.

When it was our turn (my husband was with me), we brought Mika a tiny baby shirt (I am now 4 months pregnant!!) we had made printed and which said "Youngest Mika Fan...inspired by Boom Boom Boom". The thing is, we decided to try to have a baby more or less exactly when BBB came out... So it became an inside joke as humming BBB was an invitation to make that baby :-) By sheer luck, I got pregnant that very first month so we consider him as our "Boom Boom Baby". We explained this to Mika who found it very funny and who loved the idea, and the nickname he immediately adopted! He signed the t-shirt and one of our album (also dedicating it to the "Boom Boom Baby" as he was happy to nickname it too :thumb_yello:). He also asked us whether we were going to the concert, which we were, and said it was great 'cause he really wanted to talk about that Boom Boom Baby at the concert! He also asked the girl who was helping him to remember our names!! We were over-excited :-p Unfortunately, he did not mention it at the concert but never mind, it was some great time :-)

Here are a few pictures of the signing session:

post-31486-142983702989_thumb.jpg

post-31486-142983703016_thumb.jpg

post-31486-142983703049_thumb.jpg

post-31486-142983703081_thumb.jpg

We then had a late lunch, rushed back home as we had forgotten our tickets (:doh:) and headed to Brussels. The queue was ok and we could easily get in (with the ID of the winner of the tickets). I was again happily surprised as it was not too crowded, only a few rows in front so we could have a very nice view. A bit later, I managed to spot a few MFC members I had met earlier that day (like Lena Machu and her cousins). This helped me to get even a little closer (oups :fisch:) but my husband stayed a bit further... Thanks girls for this great location :thumb_yello:

As most people have already told it, and as many of you have seen, the show was great. It was nice that he took some time to interact with the public and it was longer than I expected from a private event, so perfect :blush-anim-cl:At the end of the show, I wrote on a small pannel (we had received at the entrance) "Do not forget our Boom Boom Baby (due April 2)" and he read it during Lollipop and winked at us and did :thumb_yello: (We can even see it in the video :blush-anim-cl:). I was over the moon :teehee:

A few pics from the show:

post-31486-142983703111_thumb.jpg

post-31486-142983703157_thumb.jpg

post-31486-142983703189_thumb.jpg

After the show I squeezed in the MFC group as it was the first time I got to meet some of you guys (hope I did not disturb you as I am new, but it was great to meet you!! :wink2:). I followed them to that small party but we soon realized Mika would not probably come so we decided to go to the artist's exit. We waited about one hour then he came out, just some time after his mother! Still amazing to have him so close :blush-anim-cl: I just enjoyed this time to take a few pictures and look at him, letting the possibility to others to talk or get things dedicated as we already had got that in the morning.

post-31486-142983703216_thumb.jpg

post-31486-142983703244_thumb.jpg

I then headed back home with wonderful memories in my head, dreaming about this amazing day!!

So this is my report! Hope to meet you guys soon for other Mika events!

Have a great evening,

Sandrine

PS: We now know that our Boom Boom Baby is a baby boy :thumb_yello:

Hi Sandrine,

Thank you for your report, it's lovely :wub2:

Congrats for being pregnant with you "Boum Boum Baby" :wink2: I love reading how Mika reacted to this :blush-anim-cl: He maybe didn't mention it during the show, but I remember reading about your story in an interview he gave that day so it was definitely important for him :thumb_yello: I guess he is very proud of it :teehee:

:huglove:

Hi Alireine!

Thanks for your comment! Waouw I am super excited at the thought that he mentioned it in an interview :blush-anim-cl: Any idea where I could find it? It would be just great to put a pic of it in the baby's bedroom (if it's a written interview) or to show the baby some day!!!

Have a great evening!

Sandrine

Hi Alireine!

Thanks for your comment! Waouw I am super excited at the thought that he mentioned it in an interview :blush-anim-cl: Any idea where I could find it? It would be just great to put a pic of it in the baby's bedroom (if it's a written interview) or to show the baby some day!!!

Have a great evening!

Sandrine

Here you are :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4042838&postcount=1328

("Que vous inspire le succès de Boum Boum Boum?")

Hi everyone!

I realize this report is extreeeemely late... Sorry for procrastinating about that :-) But I now have some time to send you my memories and pics of that amazing day!!

When it was our turn (my husband was with me), we brought Mika a tiny baby shirt (I am now 4 months pregnant!!) we had made printed and which said "Youngest Mika Fan...inspired by Boom Boom Boom". The thing is, we decided to try to have a baby more or less exactly when BBB came out... So it became an inside joke as humming BBB was an invitation to make that baby :-) By sheer luck, I got pregnant that very first month so we consider him as our "Boom Boom Baby". We explained this to Mika who found it very funny and who loved the idea, and the nickname he immediately adopted! He signed the t-shirt and one of our album (also dedicating it to the "Boom Boom Baby" as he was happy to nickname it too :thumb_yello:). He also asked us whether we were going to the concert, which we were, and said it was great 'cause he really wanted to talk about that Boom Boom Baby at the concert! He also asked the girl who was helping him to remember our names!! We were over-excited :-p Unfortunately, he did not mention it at the concert but never mind, it was some great time :-)

That's an incredibly cute story, thank you for telling us :)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone translate what did he sing between 1:00:48-1:03:12?

I dont think that's lyrics from Elle me dit.:blink::blink:

Transcription (aka French settings) and translation (English ones) available

[YOUTUBE]H1EWcltKNi4[/YOUTUBE]

Can anyone translate what did he sing between 1:00:48-1:03:12?

I dont think that's lyrics from Elle me dit.

It's already done. Yesterday (or today, I don't remember) Laura added some details like those ones. :thumb_yello: